Who has bought some new shoes

I've found myself intrigued by these new pumps from Pleaser, the pointy toed "Classique".

4-pointed-toe-pump-pl-classique-20-3.jpg

Great shoe, Jeff. I may need to get them. My Nine West pumps that style are getting worn out. (Qouted just to put up that picture again)

I have 10 or 15 pounds on you and i've had very little trouble with heels breaking. Some really cheap heels will loosen up and wobble, especially after getting too wet, and I've had a few bend a slight bit but they can be carefully bent back. Mind you, I'm often deliberately hard on heels when the fetish interests overtake the fashion ones.

In short, go for it. Don't let this fear hold you back. For the most part, heels are a lot stronger than they look. Just mind the tips.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just taken delivery of some Onlymaker 5" nude heels from Amazon. Size 9, heel measures 13cm.

Never say never.  If the girls can do it, so can we. 

Awesome heels !!!   Awesome that your BF has a matching pair.   My Gf and I have many matching heels (and outfits!)not just for Halloween!!!!!

Posted Images

Okay, guys, you've convinced me! I'll buy a pair of the Classique pumps and see what they're like. The only decision left to make: black matte or black patent.

Okay, guys, you've convinced me! I'll buy a pair of the Classique pumps and see what they're like. The only decision left to make: black matte or black patent.

Assuming they fit well, wouldn't the obvious answer be, uh, both?

Assuming they fit well, wouldn't the obvious answer be, uh, both?

Well, the plan is to buy one pair to see if they'll fit. If they do and they're comfortable, then I'll buy the other.

Well, the plan is to buy one pair to see if they'll fit. If they do and they're comfortable, then I'll buy the other.

Could you not initially buy a left in matte and a right in patent (or even vice versa) to get the best of both worlds?  

I once saw a woman at a party wearing a pair of very similar but mismatched shoes.   When she was challenged by another guest, she laughed and said she liked them - and had another pair the same at home!

Could you not initially buy a left in matte and a right in patent (or even vice versa) to get the best of both worlds?  

I once saw a woman at a party wearing a pair of very similar but mismatched shoes.   When she was challenged by another guest, she laughed and said she liked them - and had another pair the same at home!

HA! That certainly sounds intriguing!

JeffB get matt black first. I think they go better with lots of different outfits, but that's just one oppinion.

That's what I had been thinking about since yesterday.

New additions let mek now if you like!!!

Love those bright, bold heels!

JeffB get matt black first. I think they go better with lots of different outfits, but that's just one oppinion.

I agree - the matte is the better choice.

Puffer, great story! I just read it aloud to my wife and we both had a good laugh! That gal was...shall we say...quick on her feet with that comeback! (No pun intended of course...)

Steve

After my success with White Mountain (www.whitemountainshoes.com) "Terrace" heeled sandals (in three colors: black, navy, and light tan), I decided to take a chance on their "Tigerlily" sandals in black, size 11. They were shipped promptly but when they came they were very tight in the width. I could hardly get them on. But I did and after a week of wearing them indoors, they stretched and are now very comfortable. I wrote a review, which never seemed to get posted, but a couple of days ago it appeared. Meanwhile, I also bought the sandals in honey color, and submitted a follow-up review on them yesterday, which got posted and is up today. Go figure. The reviews are at:

http://www.whitemountainshoes.com/review/product/list/id/11259/category/14/

But when the shoes sell out the reviews won't be visible, so here is what I wrote (recent one first):

Follow-up Review by Steve

I did get the Tigerlily sandals in honey color and, like the black ones that I bought earlier, these fit very tight at first. But with stretching from a week of wearing them (indoors, sadly - it's too cold out right now!), they fit fine now and are extremely comfortable to wear. The footbed is like walking on pillows, and the supple leather straps are of superb quality. I can tell that I'm going to enjoy these a lot this summer! Thanks again, White Mountain!

(Posted on 2/25/15)

Tight at first but fine now Review by Steve

When I bought these in black a few weeks ago, they were shipped right away and I was again impressed with White Mountain's customer service. This is my 4th pair of shoes from them, and they have become a favorite brand. At first I was a little disappointed, as the size 11 were very tight in width. That was quite a difference from the Terrace sandals I have in 3 colors, which fit perfectly right out of the box. I had a lot of tugging to do to get the Tigerlily sandals on, but once on, they were fairly comfortable. Over the past couple of weeks I've worn them a lot and they've stretched nicely. They fit fine now and go on easily. The size 11 heel is 3.5 inches high. I love these sandals and plan to get them in the honey color. I can't wait until spring when the weather is warmer and I can wear them outdoors with bootcut jeans. Thanks, White Mountain, for making shoes in bigger sizes for fashion forward people!

(Posted on 2/15/15)

At first I was concerned that White Mountain wasn't going to post my review, either because they didn't want a guy reviewing their shoes, or because the black ones had already sold out. But they came through and I appreciate it. I know we've discussed it here before, but I think more guys should submit reviews of their purchases. No review I've ever submitted has been denied.

Here are the shoes. (The third pic is from their web site. My legs are ok, but not THAT nice! LOL) I think White Mountain sandals have become my new favorites now. I can't wait until warmer weather to wear them outside. It's 16F (-8C) today. Brrrr.

Steve

post-4071-0-32025000-1424966339_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-64709100-1424966363_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-16868200-1424966380_thumb.jp

Great style, Steve! I really like them. They only have size 10, so unless they really stretch, I'm out of luck.

Here's a few I picked up over the last couple of weeks. 

Goodwill, $6

post-3445-0-69016100-1424995081_thumb.jppost-3445-0-99794400-1424995177_thumb.jppost-3445-0-19415500-1424995268_thumb.jp

Target, $18.99 (website return)

post-3445-0-24717000-1424995357_thumb.jppost-3445-0-61112800-1424995438_thumb.jppost-3445-0-86651000-1424995550_thumb.jp

Fioni Kambridge, $20, $24.99

post-3445-0-20426200-1424995644_thumb.jppost-3445-0-67252400-1424995769_thumb.jppost-3445-0-60953500-1424995869_thumb.jp

post-3445-0-53380300-1424995983_thumb.jppost-3445-0-47082100-1424996062_thumb.jppost-3445-0-11415000-1424996165_thumb.jp

Steve, nice looking pair of sandals.

inquisitor, your selections are nice as well.  While not a platform fan, those tend to be relatively small platforms so they look pretty decent to my eye.

I've found myself intrigued by these new pumps from Pleaser, the pointy toed "Classique". While I love how sexy these shoes look, I wonder, and worry about whether or not the 4 inch needle heels would be strong enough to support my 225 pounds, never mind the inevitable bother of getting such thin heels caught in sidewalk cracks. Opinions?

Wow, those look outstanding.  If you do order, please report back on size / fit.

I've purchased a couple new pairs over the past week.  First are the lace up booties from Hot Tomato.  This brand can have criminally small sizing but I've had great luck as of late and these fit very nicely in my usual 13M.  The laces are a little harsh on the tops of my feet so I may trade them out for something softer but other than that I can't complain.  I've noticed these are all over eBay right now for $50 - $90, insane for the low / mid quality of this brand.

The other pair is Carla from RSVP in blue suede.  I have a pair of these in black patent under the Type Z brand (I'm pretty sure they're brand names of the same group) that fit great so I knew I'd be good to go.  These actually ended up being free.  When the box arrived I noticed it had a Polaroid of the shoes taped to the outside of the shoebox (taken in a bathroom at that), were obviously worn and had a heel pad stuck in each.  I e-mailed Zappos service to complain that I was shocked no one in their returns department could take a moment to look over said return before shipping them back out as new merchandise.  The rep responded to me and said they would refund my full purchase and to go ahead and keep the shoes as an apology.  Getting those stupid heel pads out took quite a bit of work and they left behind a bit of residue but it is working itself out.  Also, hey, free is free.  All I was looking for was an apology for the disappointment.

post-19684-0-37304300-1425673913_thumb.j

post-19684-0-10790200-1425673919_thumb.j

post-19684-0-15015300-1425673925_thumb.j

post-19684-0-76798000-1425673931_thumb.j

post-19684-0-91821900-1425673937_thumb.j

Lime: I've been curious about Type Z. How are they in terms of fit and comfort?

Pretty good in my experience, I like them a lot better than any of the Payless offerings to be honest.  Funny thing is I have that exact same style in black patent and blue seude.  The black patent pair is 13W while the blue are 13M.  They are exactly the same other than the 13W pair having a slightly vertically larger toebox.  As I remarked when I bought the 13W's (because they were super cheap) I'd hate to see what a13M was like as they were essentially straight up 13's.  In this case they're based on the same sole and for all intents and purposes fit exactly the same.

I also have a pair of similar "Spencer" platforms from RSVP (more or less the same shoe except the small platform isn't hidden and the toe point is smooth) in brown leather that are 13W and I'll say all three shoes fit the same.  Very comfortable, and are good to go with or without hosiery.  Seems the main complaint about both "brands" is that the wide really isn't a wide.  In my case that's an advantage.

Wow, those look outstanding. If you do order, please report back on size / fit.

I've purchased a couple new pairs over the past week. First are the lace up booties from Hot Tomato. This brand can have criminally small sizing but I've had great luck as of late and these fit very nicely in my usual 13M. The laces are a little harsh on the tops of my feet so I may trade them out for something softer but other than that I can't complain. I've noticed these are all over eBay right now for $50 - $90, insane for the low / mid quality of this brand.

The other pair is Carla from RSVP in blue suede. I have a pair of these in black patent under the Type Z brand (I'm pretty sure they're brand names of the same group) that fit great so I knew I'd be good to go. These actually ended up being free. When the box arrived I noticed it had a Polaroid of the shoes taped to the outside of the shoebox (taken in a bathroom at that), were obviously worn and had a heel pad stuck in each. I e-mailed Zappos service to complain that I was shocked no one in their returns department could take a moment to look over said return before shipping them back out as new merchandise. The rep responded to me and said they would refund my full purchase and to go ahead and keep the shoes as an apology. Getting those stupid heel pads out took quite a bit of work and they left behind a bit of residue but it is working itself out. Also, hey, free is free. All I was looking for was an apology for the disappointment.

Some nice finds you have there.

• Tech unpinned this topic