Jump to content
Mitsysun1400

Chores in heels

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Anyone else do chores in heels, I suppose not really a chore but walking the dog which is also a pleasure, I have done this regularly in heels lately, took him for a run tonight after a bit of rain today and this is the result, anyone else experienced this or similar :oops:

 

 

Edited by Mitsysun1400
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mainly wear flats at home - but I often wear low heels at home, like 2-3 inches if I am standing still for a bit - stuff like cooking and ironing. I get tired feet in flats standing still.

I haven't worn heels to walk the dog - I often run so I wear running shoes.

Other stuff like shopping etc is almost always in heels anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had a dog since I started wearing heels publicly, but I would wear heels to walk the dog, if I had one. What's the use of wasting a perfectly good walk by wearing flats? However, if I had to go over non-paved soft terrain, as pictured above, I would opt for wedges. I would be mortified if my shoes looked like that, ever! To be fair, I have quit mowing lawns in heels some time ago, opting for work boots instead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a period of 3+ months were I either had to be in heels, be on crutches, or use my knee scooter. You can't mow your lawn with two of those. The result...Madden Girl Sharlene.... At least the lawn got mowed.

GardenusedH.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could always have waited the three months then donned a pith helmet and gone out there with a machete....:cheeky:

Edited by Shyheels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shyheels said:

You could always have waited the three months then donned a pith helmet and gone out there with a machete....:cheeky:

I'd just wait till next year - - - 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Heelster said:

I'd just wait till next year - - - 

...and use a cane harvester!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool topic!

I actually like doing chores around the house in heels, kinda makes it feel natural and  "normal" ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Cool topic!

I actually like doing chores around the house in heels, kinda makes it feel natural and  "normal" ;-) 

Likewise 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When my wife was working and I was between jobs, I used to do the housecleaning in heels.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cali,

Perhaps I could recommend xerographic landscaping as we had when we lived in Arizona. For those not familiar it is the practice of using rocks or stone in place of grass in order to create a space not requiring irrigation which is what one has to do in the Mediterranean climate of California. In fact, it will work about anywhere one doesn't want to mow or would be difficult such as a steep slope. I have a triangle at my house surrounded by a telephone pole and two transformer posts which can't be cut with a riding mower so I created a cactus garden with yuccas, cacti, rocks, and stone. Everything is hardy so it grows well in Wisconsin. Just an idea. You do have a large lot for that area. HappyinHeels

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to get the house designed before I plant the garden.

I assume the people who have to service those poles are excited to have cactus below those poles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s wrong with concrete painted green?   -)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

 

(And painted it Green)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

Cali,

Perhaps I could recommend xerographic landscaping as we had when we lived in Arizona. For those not familiar it is the practice of using rocks or stone in place of grass in order to create a space not requiring irrigation which is what one has to do in the Mediterranean climate of California. In fact, it will work about anywhere one doesn't want to mow or would be difficult such as a steep slope. I have a triangle at my house surrounded by a telephone pole and two transformer posts which can't be cut with a riding mower so I created a cactus garden with yuccas, cacti, rocks, and stone. Everything is hardy so it grows well in Wisconsin. Just an idea. You do have a large lot for that area. HappyinHeels

Two pictures, 18 hours apart. Cactus bloomed and then disappears the next day. Four this summer.

Cactus1H.JPG

Cactus2H.JPG

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love my cacti but I do not have that one. It doesn't look cold-hardy. California is such treasure trove of cacti. I have two small 12" cacti from a friend's yard in Riverside, CA I grow in a container and bring inside during the winter. I have two cactus gardens and four places where yuccas grow. People from Mexico to CA to Colorado have given me cacti and over the years I have grown them and given other people pieces of them. It seems I have really good luck with plants of all sorts. Thanks for the photo. HinH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 10:23 AM, spikesmike said:

RonC :  Did the wife know it ? About the heels I mean.

No Mike.  Wife has never known and I will die that way unless something unforeseen happens.  Just too late now to go down that road.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does your wife know you have heels and wear them?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Cali, she does not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RonC said:

No Mike.  Wife has never known and I will die that way unless something unforeseen happens.  Just too late now to go down that road.  

I hear ya Ron....Sure wish I could turn back time....Don

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, RonC said:

No Cali, she does not.

That's too bad. You'll never be able to truly enjoy your heels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is true, Cali.And yes, Don, if I had it to do over again, I would tell my partner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic, I fid the finishing touches of a bathroom remodel, plumbed a sink and installed a toilet, while wearing my Pleasure thigh high spike heel boots! My wife just thinks I'm crazy!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pumped said:

Back on topic, I fid the finishing touches of a bathroom remodel, plumbed a sink and installed a toilet, while wearing my Pleasure thigh high spike heel boots! My wife just thinks I'm crazy!

I sure would love to be able to do such as that at home, unfortunately my other half has no idea, so the most I get to do is take the dogs out on the land around us really, and that’s not ideal in the shoes I own and like to wear haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RonC :  One day, many years ago, I was with my wife at a wine tasting event in what we call " The north market area ".

While tasting a wine I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Caron. She and a friend saw me and the wife and came over

to say hello. Prior to this, no one knew I wore high heels. Except for the general public. What are the odds you would 

meet a life long family friend in a city the size of Columbus ? For me I am glad, No more secrets. However, For you,

Just remember secrets are never forever. Be prepared for the wife finding out your secret.    spikesmikeDSCF5265.thumb.JPG.c581ec865903f01cfe6bfc5341389c57.JPG

 

Edited by spikesmike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 12:41 PM, Pumped said:

Back on topic, I fid the finishing touches of a bathroom remodel, plumbed a sink and installed a toilet, while wearing my Pleasure thigh high spike heel boots! My wife just thinks I'm crazy!

My husband thought I was crazy for hanging curtain rods and climbing a ladder in my 4 inch stiletto boots.... LOL!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LthrRam said:

My husband thought I was crazy for hanging curtain rods and climbing a ladder in my 4 inch stiletto boots.... LOL!

Some folks "just don't get it".....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.