Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Here’s two looks with the JS Dany in black which I don’t think I’ve posted. Had the black ones about two years now. Quite high at 6.25”/16cm in sz11 but very stable. If at an outdoor event this would a great choice if not wearing wedges.

IMG_8978.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

• Like 2

I wasn't looking for a new pair of shoes, but I have always wanted a pair of high heeled penny loafers. I thought I had found such a pair a year ago when I bought some New Religion shoes of that description, but they had a fatal flaw: No matter how many fitment devices I used, I walked out of them every other step. So I got rid of them. Then, a few weeks ago, these Stuart Weitzman Mocup loafers in olive green suede appeared in my Poshmark feed. Not my first pick of colors, but a unique addition to my collection. The seller kept dropping the price over a period of time, and by the time the price got down to $27, I couldn't resist. And this for Stuart Weitzman!

What I did not realize is that these shoes have evidently never been worn. Not a mark on them anywhere, top or bottom, even though they did not come in a box. They are rather more attractive in person than I thought they would be from the photos. Their appearance is super narrow, even though they don't necessarily fit that way. They have a 5 inch heel with a 1 inch platform, which at one time was a staple of my collection. The heel is 3/4" wide, and is simulated stacked leather.

I wore them outside right away, which is something I used to shy away from doing until I vetted them properly. I can kind of tell fairly quickly nowadays. I wore them for several hours with nothing negative to report.

SWeitzmanMocupClose.jpg

• Like 9

On 6/11/2024 at 2:42 AM, mlroseplant said:

I wasn't looking for a new pair of shoes, but I have always wanted a pair of high heeled penny loafers. I thought I had found such a pair a year ago when I bought some New Religion shoes of that description, but they had a fatal flaw: No matter how many fitment devices I used, I walked out of them every other step. So I got rid of them. Then, a few weeks ago, these Stuart Weitzman Mocup loafers in olive green suede appeared in my Poshmark feed. Not my first pick of colors, but a unique addition to my collection. The seller kept dropping the price over a period of time, and by the time the price got down to $27, I couldn't resist. And this for Stuart Weitzman!

What I did not realize is that these shoes have evidently never been worn. Not a mark on them anywhere, top or bottom, even though they did not come in a box. They are rather more attractive in person than I thought they would be from the photos. Their appearance is super narrow, even though they don't necessarily fit that way. They have a 5 inch heel with a 1 inch platform, which at one time was a staple of my collection. The heel is 3/4" wide, and is simulated stacked leather.

I wore them outside right away, which is something I used to shy away from doing until I vetted them properly. I can kind of tell fairly quickly nowadays. I wore them for several hours with nothing negative to report.

SWeitzmanMocupClose.jpg

Now those look fantastic...

• Thanks 1

Just came in, JS Xona. They fit but are snug, so I will wear them around the house to break them in before spending a day in them. I'll post a picture with these and shorts in a week or so.  Looking at another JS wedge sandal now.

Xona.jpeg

• Like 5

And I thought that I was through buying clothes.  I already have a closet full, but , yesterday In bought a pair navy blue of men’s shorts and a white cotton golf shirt with navy blue flex that will match perfectly with my white and navy blue 5” ankle strap sandals.  And I thought that I was too old to think about coordinating my outfits.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On 6/15/2024 at 12:37 AM, Cali said:

Just came in, JS Xona. They fit but are snug, so I will wear them around the house to break them in before spending a day in them. I'll post a picture with these and shorts in a week or so.  Looking at another JS wedge sandal now.

Xona.jpeg

I've had good luck nwith JS although I wait until the prices come down. Scored the Dany's in Black leather and Tan Suede

3 hours ago, Heelster said:

I've had good luck nwith JS although I wait until the prices come down. Scored the Dany's in Black leather and Tan Suede

I have 8 to 10 JS. Not all JS fit me. The Dany's don't fit me. The Xona was on a sale plus I had money off and free shipping. However waiting for a sale is a two edged sword, you can get a good price or they can run out before they go on sale. How much of a gambler are you? It's the old risk/reward game.

Here are my latest. I saw these at a local thrift store weeks ago. The fit was a tad tight in the toebox. Nothing major but just enough to where I thought I might not be able to wear them for any length of time, so I decided against them. They were a size 9. I am normally a size 9.5 to 10 but depending on the shoe style and brand, I can also fit into some 9's. I definitely regretted my decision later because it was love at first sight. And I loved the toe cleavage they provided. And they were in pretty good condition. They looked like they were only worn a handful of times at the most. As luck would have it, I went back today, and they were still there calling my name. I tried them on again, and this time, they fit a little better. I could not pass them up twice, so I happily paid the twenty dollars, and they went home with me. I'm hoping that the first time maybe my feet were just having a little swelling problem that day. Or maybe after some wearing, they will stretch themselves out a little. The shoes are Jessica Simpson brand with a thick ankle strap, and the heel measures 4 and a quarter inches.

20240702_200337.jpg

• Like 5

I really like that color, I'm sure it will suit you well. I have a similar pair in that color, only mine are Steve Madden. I hear what you mean about the toe box. I have three pair of these D'Orsay type pumps, and I have the same problem with all of them, which is that they cut into the base of my little toe. I took the shoe stretcher to the worst of the offenders, which solved the problem somewhat. It may be that if I wore this type of shoe more often, it would cease to be a problem. I find this to be true in so many cases, thong-type sandals being a prime example. Good luck with your purchase!

Bootslover29,

You look really great in a skirt and heels! I hope that you get compliments on your look as I do wearing a skirt and heels. Some of my lady friends say that I have nicer looking legs than they have. Continue with the great pics of your skirt and heels.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bluejay said:

Bootslover29,

You look really great in a skirt and heels! I hope that you get compliments on your look as I do wearing a skirt and heels. Some of my lady friends say that I have nicer looking legs than they have. Continue with the great pics of your skirt and heels.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thank you Bluejay! It happen that I have some compliments from women also, it's such a pleasure ! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven’t been on here in a while, I still have been purchasing a lot of new heels. I just got these new heels and I’m loving them! When I went out in them women were begging me to sell these heels right off my feet! They are so cute and comfortable for 6in heels. Took these pics this morning cause I’m about to go out in them again but can’t decide on which dress.

IMG_2962.png

IMG_2959.jpeg

IMG_2955.jpeg

IMG_2956.jpeg

IMG_2958.jpeg

• Like 2

I love the shoes but sell them off of of my feet?  I believe that I would have.  Sold them and taken the money and purchased the same style in a black  or red.  Pink isn’t a color that I would hardly ever wear in public.

On 6/11/2024 at 5:42 AM, mlroseplant said:

SWeitzmanMocupClose.jpg

Have you worn this pair lately?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

5 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Have you worn this pair lately?

I thought I posted it, but maybe I didn't. I wore them in June. Haven't worn them since, but hey, it's summer, and I don't like wearing enclosed shoe if I don't have to.

SWeitzmanMocupSide.jpg

• Like 1

As I sit with my foot in a "cast", buying a pair of heels wasn't really on my radar. But the seller sent me an offer and then accepted my counter to my surprise. They're definitely lighter in color than the store photos. Retail photo and low res version of one of the seller photos for contrast. The one I tried on fit nicely. Can't wait to be able to walk around in them. 

shopping.webp

Screenshot_20240806-224727.jpg

• Like 1

Here are my latest. I got them in a thrift store for $15. And they're in near perfect condition. They are Jessica Simpson and the heel measures 5 inches tall at the back.

20240812_170851.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...