Who has bought some new shoes

gj

6 hours ago, Puffer said:

I like these but would call them sandals, not shoes, so technically you are posting in the wrong thread!   As to platforms, these are as thick as I would ever consider acceptable; anything more just looks clumpy - especially with any sandal or open shoe.

Oh... So you're one of those.....

Well let's see then. 

Technically, a sandal is a specific type of shoe. The title of this thread does not specify a type of shoe. So I ,technically, didn't post in the wrong thread. 

4 hours ago, Peeptoe said:

Oh... So you're one of those.....

Well let's see then. 

Technically, a sandal is a specific type of shoe. The title of this thread does not specify a type of shoe. So I ,technically, didn't post in the wrong thread. 

I can't agree.   Informally, one might use the term 'shoes' in substitution for what is generically 'footwear'.   And the most obvious and distinct sub-divisions of footwear are shoes, boots and sandals - for which this board provides separate topics, as I'm sure you have noticed.   (There are arguably some other sub-divisions too, and a degree of overlap, but that is not the issue here.)  What you bought would be correctly described as 'sandals' and really belong in 'Who Has Bought Some New SANDALS?',   But let's not lose any further sleep over it. 

43 minutes ago, Puffer said:

I can't agree.   Informally, one might use the term 'shoes' in substitution for what is generically 'footwear'.   And the most obvious and distinct sub-divisions of footwear are shoes, boots and sandals - for which this board provides separate topics, as I'm sure you have noticed.   (There are arguably some other sub-divisions too, and a degree of overlap, but that is not the issue here.)  What you bought would be correctly described as 'sandals' and really belong in 'Who Has Bought Some New SANDALS?',   But let's not lose any further sleep over it. 

Merriam-Webster seems to disagree with you. As I stated, a sandal is a type of shoe. 

So, technically...

And that's enough of that. 

My sincerest apologies to everyone else trying to enjoy this thread. 

Screenshot_20230824-181737.png

You have nothing to apologize for.  I really believe everyone else on this thread knew exactly what you were talking about.  Don’t let this bother you .  Please continue to enjoy not only this thread, but the entire website.  Thanks for telling us of your experience.

• Like 3

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

It seems as though a good percentage of our posts involve quibbling over the little things. I'm going to spin this one, and say that's a good thing, because otherwise this site might have died a slow and lonesome death from lack of posting.

• Like 2

It was not my intention to stir up any hornets nests or to quibble over semantics.   My apologies to anyone who has felt misled, obstructed or offended.   I agree that, in many dictionaries and in common parlance, a sandal is regarded as a light shoe - but we (as comparative experts) can and do distinguish a shoe (generally of wholly or largely closed construction) from a sandal (generally of largely open or perforated construction).

My sole point (no pun intended for once) that someone looking at the 'New Sandals' thread would not find Peeptoe's latest and attractive purchase there, as one would rightly expect.   No big deal, but we have that thread for a reason.

9 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

It seems as though a good percentage of our posts involve quibbling over the little things. I'm going to spin this one, and say that's a good thing, because otherwise this site might have died a slow and lonesome death from lack of posting.

I agree.   We are all, in our different ways, seekers of truth as well as pleasure and ought not to dilute our postings with vague or innaccurate references when we know better.   We might not all agree on a precise 'sandal' definition (or whatever) but we surely know one - and what is not one - when we see one.

I am a member on another forum - nothing whatever to do with heels or fashion - and, honestly, the amount of quarrelling, scorn, venom and sheer ornery bloody-mindedness on there is staggering. I never bother posting and follow only on the chance that I can pick up some useful information. It’s there - decent information - but you generally have to trawl through pages of obnoxiousness to find it.

This forum really is very civil and civilised. Long May it continue 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Puffer said:

It was not my intention to stir up any hornets nests or to quibble over semantics.   My apologies to anyone who has felt misled, obstructed or offended.   I agree that, in many dictionaries and in common parlance, a sandal is regarded as a light shoe - but we (as comparative experts) can and do distinguish a shoe (generally of wholly or largely closed construction) from a sandal (generally of largely open or perforated construction).

My sole point (no pun intended for once) that someone looking at the 'New Sandals' thread would not find Peeptoe's latest and attractive purchase there, as one would rightly expect.   No big deal, but we have that thread for a reason.

I agree.   We are all, in our different ways, seekers of truth as well as pleasure and ought not to dilute our postings with vague or innaccurate references when we know better.   We might not all agree on a precise 'sandal' definition (or whatever) but we surely know one - and what is not one - when we see one.

You start with an apology but end with another barb. Very nice! It adds to the sincerity of it. 

someone looking at the 'New Sandals' thread would not find Peeptoe's latest and attractive purchase

I don't care because the OP of this thread wanted to share any and all recent purchases.  The first post contains courts AND (gasp) boots!  The first few pages are filled with any and every type of footwear.  So my post fits perfectly well within the spirit of the OP back in 2007 even though that member no longer contributes.

we have that thread for a reason.

Yes, because the OP of that thread has a specific taste and wanted to encourage other members to share. Not because any site admin or moderator declared this thread too cluttered with different shoe types, so all future posts must be separated by shoe type in separate threads. 

So until an actual moderator informs me that my post is in the wrong thread instead of wannabe moderator, I'll continue to contribute my shoe purchases to this all inclusive thread. 

13 hours ago, Peeptoe said:

You start with an apology but end with another barb. Very nice! It adds to the sincerity of it. 

I don't care because the OP of this thread wanted to share any and all recent purchases.  The first post contains courts AND (gasp) boots!  The first few pages are filled with any and every type of footwear.  So my post fits perfectly well within the spirit of the OP back in 2007 even though that member no longer contributes.

Yes, because the OP of that thread has a specific taste and wanted to encourage other members to share. Not because any site admin or moderator declared this thread too cluttered with different shoe types, so all future posts must be separated by shoe type in separate threads. 

So until an actual moderator informs me that my post is in the wrong thread instead of wannabe moderator, I'll continue to contribute my shoe purchases to this all inclusive thread. 

I believe this dead horse has been beaten enough, don’t you?

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

Is that the Mrs Bootslover?

I'm afraid it's only the Faceapp feminine version of Mr Bootslover! Unfortunately, the true Mrs Bootslover can't stand Mr Bootslover passion for heels and skirts, so those outfits are only worn when travelling for business!

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 7:21 PM, 6inchheel said:

My new seven inch heel OTK boots!! These are so sexy to wear!! I can’t wait to wear these out!

IMG_1855.jpeg

IMG_7163.jpeg

Yeah buddy, those killer boots will make a strong statement for sure!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got these Vince Camuto Ithernda clogs yesterday in the discount racks at DSW.

Today I visited my local boutique and the manager told me that Vince Camuto and Jessica Simpson are made by the same group. Interesting fact.

VC_Ithernda_shh.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are my latest. The brand is just fab. The heel Is a bit chunkier and measures in at five inches with no platform. These are quite high and difficult to walk in. And this coming from a guy who is comfortable walking in heels. I will definitely need to practice with these babies on my feet.

20231118_204209.jpg

• Like 3