KneeBooted's Adventures?

KneeBooted

44 minutes ago, KneeBooted said:

Well a pair of new to me ankle boots arrived yesterday, and now that the in-laws are gone, I had a chance to try them out with one of my new sweaters. What do you all think?

C5ADBA01-7BB2-40CF-B8C3-97921B5D3FD9.jpeg

57CCFD13-8251-429A-89A8-B9A7A18EFDDE.jpeg

Love everything about that outfit buddy.   Love the boots, love the way the jeans fit and are cuffed above the booties, and the sweater is perfect also....Home run

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Well a pair of new to me ankle boots arrived yesterday, and now that the in-laws are gone, I had a chance to try them out with one of my new sweaters. What do you all think?

Very nice. The tan color of the boots nicely contrasted with the rest of your outfit. Well done!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

10 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

That’s exactly the sort of outfit I wear all the time except for my boots are usually longer, looks really good on you mate 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maninboots said:

That’s exactly the sort of outfit I wear all the time except for my boots are usually longer, looks really good on you mate 

7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

You can’t go wrong with jeans, boots and a jumper

Ditto the above. It all fits you very well mate, well done 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Before I talk about my recent heeling endeavors, I wanted to take a minute to discuss a topic that has been talked about before, but until recently, I wasn't quite sure why I felt the way I did.

The topic is complimenting women who I think wear cute heels/boots.

For some reason, I have always felt that paying a compliment was in someway awkward, and I never knew why. I always worried that the girl might find it creepy or strange. Thoughts of "Why would a guy notice my shoes? Is he gay?" "Weirdo" "Creepy" etc. would always swirl in my head to the point where I freaked out just to pay a compliment. But over these past few weeks, I've realized that it's the fear of exposing my own heeling that has made the scenario awkward. Let me expand:

Over these past few weeks I have been more courageous in wearing heels other than my Converse wedges at work.

1. I started with wearing my Sorel wedge ankle boots into the office, only to change them after getting in.
2. From there, I progressed into wearing them after my Friday morning workout when I would leave the office for a Starbucks and then return.
3. Then I started keeping them on when I would go to the cafeteria at the office to get my coffee, potentially exposing them to more people.
4. From there, I started wearing the Naturalizer boots that I bought to match my wife's boots into work on Friday mornings.
5. Then I added them to my Starbucks run.
6. Now I keep my Sorel wedges on most of the morning, including my morning coffee chat with a coworker who I'll mention more about later.

In this span of 3-4 weeks, I have discovered that my comfort level for complimenting my coworkers has gone up. I can only assume that the increase in comfort has gone up due to the increase in comfort with wearing my heels.

With that being said, I have a coworker who I usually chat with in the morning when I get my coffee from the cafeteria, and she her tea. She is aware of my heeling and indulges me in my discussion of cute footwear that I wish I had, etc. Well, it turns out that we are the same shoe size! Over this past weekend, she had sent me some pictures of some heels that she owns, saying I could borrow them anytime I wished. In return, I sent some pictures and told her likewise.

One pair that she had which are super cute happen to be a pair of extremely comfortable Dr. Scholl's booties. She really liked a pair of Kelly & Katie heels that I own that I unfortunately would probably never wear. 

So today we each brought our respective pairs into work, each wore a shoe, and then proceeded to take a couple of pictures. I think they turned out really good! As we 'swapped' each other's shoes for a brief moment, I actually told her she could keep the shoes as an early birthday gift since I am unlikely to wear them. She was ecstatic and very grateful. It was a good feeling to know that someone else would be enjoying the shoes!

The instagram pictures are posted below.

KandMe3.JPG

KandMe2.JPG

• Like 5

10 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Before I talk about my recent heeling endeavors, I wanted to take a minute to discuss a topic that has been talked about before, but until recently, I wasn't quite sure why I felt the way I did.

The topic is complimenting women who I think wear cute heels/boots.

For some reason, I have always felt that paying a compliment was in someway awkward, and I never knew why. I always worried that the girl might find it creepy or strange. Thoughts of "Why would a guy notice my shoes? Is he gay?" "Weirdo" "Creepy" etc. would always swirl in my head to the point where I freaked out just to pay a compliment. But over these past few weeks, I've realized that it's the fear of exposing my own heeling that has made the scenario awkward. Let me expand:

Over these past few weeks I have been more courageous in wearing heels other than my Converse wedges at work.

1. I started with wearing my Sorel wedge ankle boots into the office, only to change them after getting in.
2. From there, I progressed into wearing them after my Friday morning workout when I would leave the office for a Starbucks and then return.
3. Then I started keeping them on when I would go to the cafeteria at the office to get my coffee, potentially exposing them to more people.
4. From there, I started wearing the Naturalizer boots that I bought to match my wife's boots into work on Friday mornings.
5. Then I added them to my Starbucks run.
6. Now I keep my Sorel wedges on most of the morning, including my morning coffee chat with a coworker who I'll mention more about later.

In this span of 3-4 weeks, I have discovered that my comfort level for complimenting my coworkers has gone up. I can only assume that the increase in comfort has gone up due to the increase in comfort with wearing my heels.

With that being said, I have a coworker who I usually chat with in the morning when I get my coffee from the cafeteria, and she her tea. She is aware of my heeling and indulges me in my discussion of cute footwear that I wish I had, etc. Well, it turns out that we are the same shoe size! Over this past weekend, she had sent me some pictures of some heels that she owns, saying I could borrow them anytime I wished. In return, I sent some pictures and told her likewise.

One pair that she had which are super cute happen to be a pair of extremely comfortable Dr. Scholl's booties. She really liked a pair of Kelly & Katie heels that I own that I unfortunately would probably never wear. 

So today we each brought our respective pairs into work, each wore a shoe, and then proceeded to take a couple of pictures. I think they turned out really good! As we 'swapped' each other's shoes for a brief moment, I actually told her she could keep the shoes as an early birthday gift since I am unlikely to wear them. She was ecstatic and very grateful. It was a good feeling to know that someone else would be enjoying the shoes!

The instagram pictures are posted below.

KandMe3.JPG

KandMe2.JPG

Absolutely fantastic!!!!!!   Does she know about this website?

• Like 1

Just now, SF said:

That's really neat.  My wife would be jealous / not approving.  Does your spouse know???  Have fun....   sf

Yep I told her. My wife actually suggested that I give the pair I had to my coworker since she is more likely to wear them than I am

14 hours ago, SF said:

That's really neat.  My wife would be jealous / not approving.  Does your spouse know???  Have fun....   sf

14 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Yep I told her. My wife actually suggested that I give the pair I had to my coworker since she is more likely to wear them than I am

I have a similar situation with a female friend (not a coworker). We are not the same size, but our shoe adventures have caused much friction with the wife, to the point that our families have quit seeing each other altogether. Hopefully your wife is actually not jealous, instead of merely claiming to be not jealous, like my wife.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I have a similar situation with a female friend (not a coworker). We are not the same size, but our shoe adventures have caused much friction with the wife, to the point that our families have quit seeing each other altogether. Hopefully your wife is actually not jealous, instead of merely claiming to be not jealous, like my wife.

Yeah, as of right now, my wife doesn’t appear jealous. I admit though that the shoe sharing with my coworker has only just started, and even when at work is rarely in the forefront. It is more of an ‘oh hey, I’ve got a few minutes of free-time’ instead of a priority in my day-to-day

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Yeah, as of right now, my wife doesn’t appear jealous. I admit though that the shoe sharing with my coworker has only just started, and even when at work is rarely in the forefront. It is more of an ‘oh hey, I’ve got a few minutes of free-time’ instead of a priority in my day-to-day

I'd tread carefully if I were you.  Wouldn't talk about the work friend at home too much!  Your wife could get very jealous if you and your co-worker are getting too chummy!

On 11/10/2019 at 10:47 PM, KneeBooted said:

My church outfit today. My wife wore her matching boots...

AF46EB47-632A-4E47-B672-BADCC6031A0F.jpeg

A951254E-ACBF-4577-B106-8A85FFAD5952.jpeg

Do take care wearing your boots in church - you really want God to be the only one who moves in a mysterious way!

Good morning! I wanted to take a quick minute to talk about my heeling adventure at work yesterday, and my forward progress.

As I have mentioned before, I have started wearing my Naturalizer ankle boots to work on Fridays. I usually get in around 6:00, and there is hardly anyone there, so I go relatively unnoticed as expected. From there, I head to our gym and workout for 30-40 minutes doing some running on the treadmill. Afterwards, I shower, put the heels back on, and head over to the nearby Starbucks for a Friday treat. I keep them on until I get back to my desk, which usually is by 7:15-7:30. A few more people will have arrived, and the possibility of someone else seeing me in my heels does go up. Up until yesterday however, I am not sure if anyone I had walked past had even noticed.

After a post I had read on Instagram, I have been trying this idea out where you give yourself an out for a certain number of times before you just do it. For me I have been trying using the number 4 or 5. This next step was in fact me continuing to wear the heels beyond arriving back at my work and heading to my desk.

My coworker who I have recently mentioned sits in the upstairs section of our building. I decided that 'screw it,' I will walk up there and talk to her, and see what happens. Now again, there's hardly anyone in the office at this point, but you never know who is around.

So I decided to make my way up the stairs to the second floor and purposefully went up the steps that would cause me to walk the longest path to get over to her desk area. Now the floors are carpeted, so there was no chance of someone hearing the click-clack of my heels and taking notice.

When I arrived at her desk, I stood there for a good 10 minutes talking to her and some of the other employees that sit around her about Friday and the like. I was standing in front of their area, which also happens to be a major traffic aisle for employees. It just so happened that there is this girl who wears extremely cute heeled ankle boots that was already in and walked past me to go fill up her water. I continued to talk to my friend and noticed that as this other girl walked back to her desk, she made at least a double or triple take at my shoes. In all fairness, I may have purposefully had one foot resting on the toe of the boot to ensure the heel was being shown off. Aside from the double/triple take, she made no comments or awkward faces. 

From there I went to talk to another employee in the upstairs area who I had questions for regarding some of the weekend stuff that was going to be happening for work. She also wears ankle boots pretty regularly, but they have little to no heel, which is a disappointment. I stood at her desk talking to her for a good 10 minutes or so, with the heels in view if she were to look down, but she never did while we were talking. As I turned to finally head back to my desk around 7:50 and slip out of my boots and into my Converse wedges, I could've sworn that she did in fact turn and look at them in time to see I was wearing heels. The reason I feel this was the case is because there was an afternoon meeting that both of these girls were in with me, and I caught them both at different times looking down at my shoes, I assume to see if they saw the heels.

So the point here is that I wore my heels for longer and in front of people/co-workers that I would normally hide them from. The end result is that the world did not end, no one sneered, laughed, joked, or commented in any way. While I consider that a win, part of me does wish I got a compliment or question about them, lol!

I will post later about a conversation I had with another female co-worker from yesterday that I essentially came out to about heeling, but didn't directly say it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh boy, so I have quite a few updates to post here. This will likely be a long post, so please bear with me.

1) Boots at church - So a while back(Nov. 10), I posted about wearing my new Naturalizer boots to church. I paired them with my jeans, blue t-shirt, and my khaki colored blazer that I had bought from Target. These past two Sundays have been on the chilly side, which enticed me to wear a sweater. I had purchased some sweaters from the Target App, and was looking for a reason to wear them. The brand is called A New Day, which happens to be one of Target's own clothing lines. I was glad I went looking online, because the blue sweater was not available in stores. Last week I wore the green sweater, and this week I wore the blue one.

Now I have been wearing the same Naturalizer ankle boots that I had previously worn. I didn't receive any compliments, but I also didn't get any odd or negative looks from what I observed. Because of this, I am thinking of pushing the envelope next week. I will either wear some different boots, or I'll wear my jeans that are about an inch shorter in inseam. Wearing the shorter jeans would allow me to show off more of the heel, obviously making it more noticeable to those who haven't already seen them.

2) Boots at work - I mentioned in the last post that I had a conversation with a co-worker and in a round-about way said that I wore heels, without actually saying it. This co-worker normally doesn't wear heels, yet sometime around Halloween, came in wearing a beautiful pair of black leather ankle boots that were mesmerizing. I couldn't stop looking at them. I never had the guts to compliment her on them at that point, and thus had to wait until she wore them again before I could get the chance to strike up a conversation. Fortunately, about a week and a half ago, she wore a different pair of cute ankle boots that I just had to compliment her on. 

As it turns out, I was able to have more of a conversation. There was a Thanksgiving Tree being put up at work, and people were writing what they were thankful for on different colored leaves and then putting them on the tree. We were both filling some out, so I complimented her on the boots she was wearing. I asked her where she got them from and she told me she found them at Nordstrom and the brand was Steve Madden. I mentioned how I liked the brand and that they had an outlet store a little bit further away that had a great selection. She said she'd have to try them at some point and thanked me. I told her I also liked Nine West and Frye and some other good brands to which she agreed.

The very next day, she wore the ankle boots I had been in awe of, and we were in the same place as the day before, so I took the opportunity yet again to tell her I like her boots. I mentioned that the pair she was wearing was a pair I had noticed a while back, and was curious about them as well. Again, she got them from Nordstrom, and the brand is Louise et Cie. They are a traditional black leather ankle boot with an almond toe, but with a zipper on the outside and in the zipper color was gold. She mentioned how she really liked them, and then I mentioned how I actually had a pair of Steve Madden that were very comfortable to me. She didn't ask about them, but agreed that they are nice. She hasn't been in early when I've had my heels on in the upstairs office area, so maybe she'll actually get to see some soon.

3) Boots at work - another co-worker: There is another co-worker I mentioned in the previous post who on this past Friday wore some cute mid-calf lace-up boots, similar in style to the Steve Madden Troopa that is so popular. I had decided that I would wear my Sorel wedges for the morning and see if they took notice. When I was upstairs, I had to stop by to ask her about some of our scheduled stuff on projects that have upcoming due dates, and don't appear to be capable of making their deadlines. I decided that it was better to get it done then instead of later. So I got up the courage and went to have the discussion. I made mention that I liked her style of shoes. She said that she had them for a while and they were a go-to pair for her. I told her I understood that because I have one or two pair that are my go-to as well. She didn't ask any further and we decided what to do about the projects. As I left, I wondered if the heels had been noticed, but she asked no questions and made no mention of it to me. So all-in-all, I would say that the world didn't end and I survived without incident. All is well with the world. Small steps in high heels. :)

Important note: My wife was reading this as I was typing it out, and she asked why there was no mention of her. I realize that she is my biggest supporter and really the only one that matters. The unfortunate side is that she isn't at work with me to hold my hand when I get nervous about wearing my heels. However, she is awesome in giving me honest feedback about what she thinks will look good on me. I owe it to her to keep me looking sharp, and keeping me from teetering too much in my heels. I am quite fortunate that she is so supportive and puts up with me, especially on Sunday mornings when it takes me FOREVER to decide on an outfit for church, especially my heels! :D

• Like 7

Good morning HHP. I discovered yesterday that a co-worker has seen my Instagram page the documents my heeling. Surprisingly, she hasn't said anything to me, and I suspect she's known for at least a week now.

How did it happen? A week ago yesterday, some of us at work were discussing Instagram and how a lot of people seem to be switching to that from Facebook. As well, they were talking about some of each others pictures they had seen on there. This made me realize that I haven't really looked at any of my co-worker's stuff on there, and thought I would give it a look-see.

Now when you look up someone's account, if you 'click' on it, it appears to automatically play any story they have uploaded, which is usually a picture or video that lasts on the screen for about 5 seconds before going to the next 'post' in the person's story, or just ending and going back out of it. Now what I didn't fully realize until yesterday is that for the first 24 hours after that story is posted, the person who posted the story can see everyone who has viewed it.

The co-worker who I was looking up was mentioned in my most recent post here under the 3) Boots at work - another co-worker paragraph. Sure enough, her most recent story had been posted for less than 24 hours, and I viewed it while logged in under my heeling profile, so then she had access. Now I did that over the past weekend, which again means she's known for roughly a week at this point. Even though she hasn't said anything to me, you might wonder how I figured this out?

Well yesterday morning, I went into work wearing some new jeans I had posted about on Wednesday. I was wearing the new jeans with my Sorel wedge boots, and a darker green t-shirt. Her and her fiance were waiting for the barista we have on site to open up his coffee stuff, so I stopped to say hi as I was walking past. She immediately asked if I was wearing new jeans and that they looked nice. I thanked her and said I was impressed she noticed. She then said 'I'm very observant' and gave a look down at my boots as if that was her way of saying she knew?

I assumed she had seen them at some point around the office and thought nothing more of it. Then on my drive home last night, I was thinking about the fact that I don't interact with this co-worker too much, so how would she have known? Then it hit me that I unintentionally revealed my heeling profile on Instagram when I viewed her story. I was extremely embarrassed when I first figured it out, but now I am not. I am more appreciative that she doesn't seem to have told anyone or made any derogatory statements regarding it. 

Part of me wants to test this further, but I'm not sure how.

The picture added to this shows the post I made on Instagram about my new jeans. If you are curious to see my Instagram, it is @straight.in.heels

Outfit.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Good morning HHP. I discovered yesterday that a co-worker has seen my Instagram page the documents my heeling. Surprisingly, she hasn't said anything to me, and I suspect she's known for at least a week now.

How did it happen? A week ago yesterday, some of us at work were discussing Instagram and how a lot of people seem to be switching to that from Facebook. As well, they were talking about some of each others pictures they had seen on there. This made me realize that I haven't really looked at any of my co-worker's stuff on there, and thought I would give it a look-see.

Now when you look up someone's account, if you 'click' on it, it appears to automatically play any story they have uploaded, which is usually a picture or video that lasts on the screen for about 5 seconds before going to the next 'post' in the person's story, or just ending and going back out of it. Now what I didn't fully realize until yesterday is that for the first 24 hours after that story is posted, the person who posted the story can see everyone who has viewed it.

The co-worker who I was looking up was mentioned in my most recent post here under the 3) Boots at work - another co-worker paragraph. Sure enough, her most recent story had been posted for less than 24 hours, and I viewed it while logged in under my heeling profile, so then she had access. Now I did that over the past weekend, which again means she's known for roughly a week at this point. Even though she hasn't said anything to me, you might wonder how I figured this out?

Well yesterday morning, I went into work wearing some new jeans I had posted about on Wednesday. I was wearing the new jeans with my Sorel wedge boots, and a darker green t-shirt. Her and her fiance were waiting for the barista we have on site to open up his coffee stuff, so I stopped to say hi as I was walking past. She immediately asked if I was wearing new jeans and that they looked nice. I thanked her and said I was impressed she noticed. She then said 'I'm very observant' and gave a look down at my boots as if that was her way of saying she knew?

I assumed she had seen them at some point around the office and thought nothing more of it. Then on my drive home last night, I was thinking about the fact that I don't interact with this co-worker too much, so how would she have known? Then it hit me that I unintentionally revealed my heeling profile on Instagram when I viewed her story. I was extremely embarrassed when I first figured it out, but now I am not. I am more appreciative that she doesn't seem to have told anyone or made any derogatory statements regarding it. 

Part of me wants to test this further, but I'm not sure how.

The picture added to this shows the post I made on Instagram about my new jeans. If you are curious to see my Instagram, it is @straight.in.heels

Outfit.jpg

I wouldn't stress about it too much - as you say, she hasn't made a big deal out of it - and I suspect many people don't even look at the "viewed" list of their stories...