Jump to content

Who has bought some new BOOTS?


Recommended Posts

Just bought these from Asos. Under £40 after discounts. 3" heel. Ordered UK9 and UK9.5. Kept the 9.5 which is larger than my usual UK9 as they worked well with insoles. The insoles stop my feet slipping forward.

My first footwear with a pattern of any kind.

asos_boot.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies for not following the conversation, but I just had to show off my latest boots. Lk Bennett black leather with a zip up the back 

Superhero boots!

New boots from England:

Posted Images

I have yet to try leopard heels, I have two leopard print tops (a sweatshirt and a sherpa) and leopard print masks. Been getting many compliments from women for the "matching" look

On 1/15/2021 at 12:15 PM, maninboots said:

I’m loving the wine coloured boots, probably more so than the black, would love to see more of them and maybe over some skinny jeans 

For you jean members, here the Nine West Kimy with jeans

wine kimy wJeansH.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

I should add that these Asos leopard boots were clearly marketed for men. The range of sizes was UK5 to UK13. (The smallest common UK man's size is 6 so having size 5 available is unusual. Smallest common UK women's size is 4, sometimes 3. For those across The Pond, UK uses the same sizing for men and women, at least in theory)

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-heeled-chelsea-boots-with-pointed-toe-in-leopard-print/prd/21030697

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, at9 said:

I should add that these Asos leopard boots were clearly marketed for men. The range of sizes was UK5 to UK13. (The smallest common UK man's size is 6 so having size 5 available is unusual. Smallest common UK women's size is 4, sometimes 3. For those across The Pond, UK uses the same sizing for men and women, at least in theory)

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-design-heeled-chelsea-boots-with-pointed-toe-in-leopard-print/prd/21030697

ASOS appears to be offering much of its footwear on the basis of unisex appeal, so sizes 5 - 13 would cater for most of that.   Let's hope it continues.

I've been tempted by these boots and the very similar ones in black leather too, especially as recent net prices have been below £40.   Both styles are also available in a wide fitting and it is interesting to note that the wide-fit leopard boots are now sold out in all sizes except UK7, and likewise in the wide-fit black boots except 7 - 11.   As the standard fit does not seem to be reported as narrower than expected, I can only assume that men with wide feet have been busy buying - unless the quantity of wide made was significantly lower.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I have wide feet but the standard width was fine in the leopard boots. If wide UK9 had been available I would have ordered it.

The worst aspect of the boots was a very slippery insole so my feet slipped down to the toebox. That's why I used an extra insole (a contoured one from an old pair of walking shoes) which makes them very comfortable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, at9 said:

I think I have wide feet but the standard width was fine in the leopard boots. If wide UK9 had been available I would have ordered it.

The worst aspect of the boots was a very slippery insole so my feet slipped down to the toebox. That's why I used an extra insole (a contoured one from an old pair of walking shoes) which makes them very comfortable.

I think I'm the same - slightly wider feet (UK 11 or 12) but can fit into many standard widths.  The ASOS black boots in 12W were too roomy for me; I suspect 11W or 12M would be fine.   I'm still tempted - extra 20% off sale items 7pm-9pm tonight (code MORESALE), which would make the black boots £36.40 net! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Puffer said:

I'm still tempted - extra 20% off sale items 7pm-9pm tonight (code MORESALE), which would make the black boots £36.40 net! 

Don't take too long to think about it or they will be gone, at least in your size.  That's what happens to me a lot of the time.  Load your "cart" before 7 pm then wait until 7 to checkout.  I just missed a faux fur hoodie because I waited too long

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cali said:

Don't take too long to think about it or they will be gone, at least in your size.  That's what happens to me a lot of the time.  Load your "cart" before 7 pm then wait until 7 to checkout.  I just missed a faux fur hoodie because I waited too long

Yes, that is exactly what I would do if purchasing - which I have decided not to this time (with an hour left to regret it!).

3 hours ago, at9 said:

Order more than 1 size and return as needed. All free.

Yes, I would have ordered both sizes (separately, to ensure Quidco cashback on anything kept) and returned the unwanted.   Free in this case but not always so, e.g. if a minumum order was not met.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ordered a pair of knee boots from Nine West. Model is "Gabal". I ordered them in white. Been watching the price go down from $159.00 last week to $69.00 today, with free shipping. I wanted the white pair as I have many colors of Nine West boots, but this will be the first pair in white. Can't wait till they get here.https://ninewest.com/products/gabal-heeled-boots-in-white-leather

 

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the same thing with my last pair of boots from Nine West.  You got to hit those special one day sale prices!  Good buy!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bailey said:

New boots with some "bling".

Some "bling"???? I hate to see what "a lot of" bling looks like.

I'm afraid to get boots like this because they would be hard to wear to work.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cali : Just my point of view . If you wear high heels to work, It would not matter if they have BLING or not . High heels are high heels .1689288344_blackwingtipoxfords.jpg.821a12b5a56d863e7cab0a077e99517f.jpg

Edited by spikesmike
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

spikesmike: I think too much bling might be too distracting in my work environment. With the number of shoes I have and wear, I need to only add shoes that I know I can wear almost anywhere.  The Nine West Kimys, in Black and Wine, were what I had been looking for:  Knee high; leather; at least 4 inch differential; full zipper.  The full zipper was hard to find, but I need it.

Above, those are nice shoeties, but I just got some blue suede Jessica Simpsons lace ups like that and now I have enough stilettos

My next purchases will be to replace some of my summer wedge sandals.  The faux leather has delaminated, but I wore them for 6 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From my post over on the men’s sun forum. I’ve got my first heels coming. After getting my feet measured, and finding out I’m wearing a larger shoe for comfort, I’m a size 10 male US, so a size 12 ladies, I done my homework and found a inexpensive brand Bella Vita and found a size 12 in a wide fitting to give me room. Now to wait the 6-11 days to get them.

I got these boots:

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/bella-vita-bronx-bootie-women/5720235?origin=category-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home%2FWomen%2FShoes%2FBoots&fashionsize=8%3A12~~17&fashionwidth=8%3Ae~~6&color=black suede

Time to get some black jeans and I’ve got the look I want. Can’t wait!!!

To be honest, I can’t stop watching those videos of folk wearing 4-6 inch black leather stilettos with jeans or nice trousers. One day I’ll hopefully be able to be able to do this in public.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

Thanks! I’m already practicing with heel-toe. Even when out on my 4.5-7K power walks. Practice makes perfect, and perfect gives you confidence.

I wouldn't worry about "practicing" heel-toe. Unless one has a disability, that's how humans walk normally. The heel height you have chosen to begin with should not change the mechanics of your walk significantly. The chief factor in your walk at this point is a stylistic preference--do you wish to make your walk more graceful than it likely naturally is as a male? This has been harder for me personally than I thought it would be. It has required a conscious effort that is just now becoming second nature. Not everyone on this forum necessarily agrees with me on this subject, but most do. There are plenty of women out there who "walk like a man," and I think they look equally ridiculous walking in heels like that. This number may or may not include my wife.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think one has to adopt a feminine walk to move gracefully in heels, although we have been so conditioned to seeing women in heels that we therefor make the assumption that a feminine gait is a requirement to mastering heels. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

I don’t think one has to adopt a feminine walk to move gracefully in heels, although we have been so conditioned to seeing women in heels that we therefor make the assumption that a feminine gait is a requirement to mastering heels. 

I agree.  In fact, I'm hoping I have a somewhat masculine gait while walking in my boots, but who knows.  To me, the key is moving/walking smoothly, almost like you were wearing nikes.  Needless to say, having a feminine gait while in heels is great also, but that is something I could not pull off successfully...

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just like looking at ease in my heels and with the 3.5" cuban heels on my boots - otk and ankle boots both - it is not hard. I've been wearing my otk boots so much lately that I barely notice they have heels at all. I just like the boots. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2020 at 1:17 PM, crotchhiguy said:

Nice pair there,Swedeheeler! Are they real leather or vinyl/pvc?

Thank you, sorry late answer, they are vinyl with plush lining inside.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I just like looking at ease in my heels and with the 3.5" cuban heels on my boots - otk and ankle boots both - it is not hard. I've been wearing my otk boots so much lately that I barely notice they have heels at all. I just like the boots. 

I love it when I'm so at ease that I forget I'm wearing my boots!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I love it when I'm so at ease that I forget I'm wearing my boots!

Yes, mine have simply became just what I wear. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.