Why do you wear heels?

joeshoething

Why do you wear heels?  

571 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you wear heels?

Good luck Jay Jay - let us know how it goes. If I havent already mentioned this, youre very lucky to have such a supportive, understanding wife who is non-judgemental.

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

I wear heels every evening when I get home and mostly over the weekends. My wife told me yesterday that I could wear a pair of heels 4 1/2" and jeans that are quite long on our way on the plane to Durban on Friday and then back here in JHB we are going to look for something for me to wear with her out in public, so wish me luck.

That's great to hear JJ...you are a lucky guy to have a spouse who understands and is not afraid of being with a guy wearing heels in public. Best of luck.

I wear heels every evening when I get home and mostly over the weekends. My wife told me yesterday that I could wear a pair of heels 4 1/2" and jeans that are quite long on our way on the plane to Durban on Friday and then back here in JHB we are going to look for something for me to wear with her out in public, so wish me luck.

Sounds awesome JJ, have fun and good luck.:)

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

Nice Jay Jay, its wonderful to have a wife/GF like that. I've learned to respect my wife very much for supporting my way of life, and I know it can be really hard on her to tolerate all of this, much less honestly accept it. So I just have to say, appreciate what you have, and don't push it too far, and hopefully you two can have lots of fun outings together in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Jay Jay, its wonderful to have a wife/GF like that. I've learned to respect my wife very much for supporting my way of life, and I know it can be really hard on her to tolerate all of this, much less honestly accept it. So I just have to say, appreciate what you have, and don't push it too far, and hopefully you two can have lots of fun outings together in the future.

You're both so lucky!! I wear heels secretly and paint my toe nails when I'm alone too. I definitely don't think anyone I know would understand/accept my love of heels. Let's hope no-one finds my 5' strappy sandals in my cupboard at home :)

Good luck JJ!

Hi all. I have been wearing heels since about the age of two, thanks to having several much older sisters who loved to dress me up in their clothes and shoes. I guess the shoe thing stuck! I love them from an aesthetic perspective (I am an artist), plus I find them incredibly sexy to wear. I also love to abuse heels, which I understand must horrify many of you! I'll often buy two pairs of the same heels...one pair to treasure and the other to smash, tear or burn. I am not sure where that aspect to my shoe obsession comes from, but it is something my wife also likes to do. Wearing shoes in bed is something we do quite often, as is ripping them. Weird, I know! But I consider myself very blessed indeed to have a wife who - most of the time anyway - likes me in heels!

For me it's both, but also that I feel more attractive as a man when I do so (possibly appears to be a dichotomy...). Pumps in particular are more comfortable and enjoyable for me, and rather suit my petit(e)-ish frame and stature.

For me it's both, but also that I feel more attractive as a man when I do so (possibly appears to be a dichotomy...). Pumps in particular are more comfortable and enjoyable for me, and rather suit my petit(e)-ish frame and stature.

This sums up my feelings. When I wear high heels I do feel more attractive, pretty, even sexy. I just feel good about myself.

Why???

- - Because I can.

Bravo! Clear cut and straight to the point! Couldn't agree more!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

I wear high heels whenever I can as I think they are the sexiest thing on the planet, simple as that, feels good to wear them as well, especially high boots.

Not that much in to boots. But I have to agree with you about the heels. Thanks for the threads. :-)))

Standard male styles are soooo boring.

And flat. I've always felt cheated that men's shoes haven't included designs with heels since the '70s, and at that, they were clunky (ugly).

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

"And flat. I've always felt cheated that men's shoes haven't included designs with heels since the '70s, and at that, they were clunky (ugly)." So true and is why I love feminine sexy heels.:silly:

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What a strange poll. I voted for 'others'. Because, you cannot talk about 'comfort'; in 4inch+ heels; and I do not want to feel or look feminine either. Why I do wear heels? Because I like the how they look (most of them - not all), I like the feeling - the instep, the fitting I like the way to walk in heels I find myself more attractive in heels I like to confuse other people, seeing a man in heels, I like to collect them and have a wide variety to choose, etc.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

• 5 weeks later...

I went with other. While there are certainly times I find high heels more comfortable, I can't see them ever being more comfortable than some other flat shoes. Also, I don't get caught up in feminine / masculine labels, so it isn't for that. I wear the things that I like regardless of what section of a store they come from, and for me, I just love the look of high heels.

For many reasons.... I won't deny the erotic factor, wearing sexy boots makes me "feel" great. I really think I look better in hi heel boots, makes me taller and perks up my butt somewhat. Won't deny my love of great leather, the more of it covering my body the better. I usually wear my boots with levis, maybe a leather jacket as well. I think the combination of masculine and feminine can make a guy look more confident and amplify his perceived "masculinity"....In any event, I know wearing boots makes me feel better about how I look and feel....Don