Why do you wear heels?

joeshoething

Why do you wear heels?  

571 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you wear heels?

Chose both. But as i think about it it's more for the feminine feeling - if I wear 4 or 5" heels its also very comfortable but 6-7" that I wear most time I wear heels are not too comfortable. But anyhow it feels not comfortable but "well"

For years I've loved the look of womens' shoes (especially high heel pumps) and have always wondered what it was like to wear them. It's too bad that it took me so long to finally try it. I always thought that I was the only guy who thought about wearing heels - if I had known even 10 years ago that other guys wore them too, I definitely would've started wearing heels back then. What I would like to find in the near future are some womens' clogs or ankle boots with a 2-1/2" or 3" heel that I can wear with jeans, and that look "unisex" enough that nobody would notice that they are womens' shoes.

I don't know what size you wear, but look at these Clark's Oakham clogs. They're comfortable, with a 3 1/4 inch tapered stacked heel in size 11 and 3 1/2 inch heel in size 12 (women's). They can be worn comfortably with socks, or barefoot, or, as I prefer, with tights, pantyhose, and sheer knee highs. I wear them everywhere with long boot-cut jeans and slacks that come down slightly over the back of the heel. Sorry I don't have any pics. I'll have to try to get some taken.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-CLARKS-Oakham-BLACK-LEATHER-MULE-Womens-Shoe-11-M-/270625668935?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes

No one has ever point, laughed, or giggled, and I think very few have ever even noticed. They're unisex. I've even worn them through airports many times. Nobody cares. They're a good choice for flying (under the radar, that is!). My wife is fine with me wearing them everywhere.

I liked them so much I bought them in black and in brown. And I have some other similar older styles that I've posted about before (search on Clark Octavia).

Steve Stealth

For years I've loved the look of womens' shoes (especially high heel pumps) and have always wondered what it was like to wear them. It's too bad that it took me so long to finally try it. I always thought that I was the only guy who thought about wearing heels - if I had known even 10 years ago that other guys wore them too, I definitely would've started wearing heels back then.

What I would like to find in the near future are some womens' clogs or ankle boots with a 2-1/2" or 3" heel that I can wear with jeans, and that look "unisex" enough that nobody would notice that they are womens' shoes.

You needn't feel alone concerning your desire to wear heels and the process you went through before finding others who have the same desire. Your experience has been the same as most every male heeler. Society's attitude has created this shaming environment to keep their ideal stereotypes as our goal to deter us from learning the truth that everyone doesn't necessarily fit what has been prescribed. I knew at a very young age that I wanted to wear certain footwear, which turned out to be the type that society proclaimed for feminine use only. Then they tried to teach me that I wasn't able to have feminine desires. However, the fact that I already wanted to wear the shoes marked for females only made my resolve to wear them stronger. Desire is a powerful motivator and left unfulfilled tends to receive a greater focus on being satisfied. This is why many male heelers seem to be so extreme in their desire to wear high heels.

I can appreciate your thinking about wanting to have a unisex look for your footwear. If this satisfies your desire in wearing high heels, that's great! It's a matter of your right to choose from what you like, not someone else's determination of what you should like. Not even mine.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wear high heels because the more I wear them the more I understand how I have always been someone who was meant to wear them. I wear them every hour of every day that I possibly can and try to wear them out as often as I can. They are high heeled shoes not womens shoes.

I wear because I like how my low boot cut jeans would fall if I had the balls to buy some... And I remember as a kid that when I wore my moms heels, they felt fantastic to my feet and how they made me walk. With an attitude, I thought I was pretty badass to wear heels as a kid.

I like the increase in height. I'm 5'6" barefoot and 2", 3", or 4" heels better still get me to the height that nature didn't. It's not really about being feminine per say for me though. I'm happy on a stacked chunky heel and my latest passion is western boots with a 3" to 4" underslung heel. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I voted for comfort. having heels from 3.5-4.5". I find ankle boots to be the best, and that's for the support the give. My favourite pair of heels are from Faith they are ankle boots with 3.5" metal tip stiletto heel, they get heads turning when i'm out & about :wave:

I have been wearing some sort of high heel since I was 12 years old. I love the feeling. Love the look. Love the comfort of the high arch. I live in the Grand Rapids Michigan area and have found a high heel shoe store run by a husband and wife. They are so cool. I wear my heels into the store and they don't mind. She always compliments me on my choice of high heels. They are also going to have a heel night for guys to come and wear heels if they choose or just come in and shop. I love their attitude. So happy to have found this store. If anyone in the area would like to know the name and location send me a line. Walk tall, Bernheels

...They are also going to have a heel night for guys to come and wear heels if they

choose or just come in and shop. I love their attitude. So happy to have found this store...

Tell them If they decide to open a new store in Canada, I will be their first customer :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know why i find heels so sexy (read: pointy stilettos and recently mid platform peep-toes) but they turn me on like crazy, throw in some hose and youve got the perfect combo. I love wearing them, and love looking at my wife (or any other woman) with them

I thought I replied to this thread last year, but couldn't find it, so... The reasoning has probably changed somewhat for me over the years. I suppose many years ago I was exploring my feminine side and maybe even some youthful fetishism. As I get older, they don't feel much like a fetish nor do they do much to excite me in the manner that I think started all of this. They just feel natural now and are part of my life. For me, they are more comfortable than flats and I like the way they feel on me. I feel confident and more alive while wearing them, and lastly the styles are just infinitely more interesting and vast than anything going on in men's shoes.

i like them both, on one hand i have a well developed femenine side, and on the other hand i really feel very comfortable on heels.

Hello High 55

I also like them both, but I have a femnine half to me, and on the other hand I really feel very comfortable on heels I also like the sexy feeling, especially with my painted toenails and pantyhose that is a must for me.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

I thought I replied to this thread last year, but couldn't find it, so...

The reasoning has probably changed somewhat for me over the years. I suppose many years ago I was exploring my feminine side and maybe even some youthful fetishism. As I get older, they don't feel much like a fetish nor do they do much to excite me in the manner that I think started all of this.

They just feel natural now and are part of my life. For me, they are more comfortable than flats and I like the way they feel on me. I feel confident and more alive while wearing them, and lastly the styles are just infinitely more interesting and vast than anything going on in men's shoes.

Greetings hhboots :-)

I could not agree more with your reply. It is exactly the same with me.

I could not have said it using better wording than you did.

Hi there. I wear in secret. Wear retainers and only paint my toes whenalone. So far nothing noticed.

I wear heels every evening when I get home and mostly over the weekends. My wife told me yesterday that I could wear a pair of heels 4 1/2" and jeans that are quite long on our way on the plane to Durban on Friday and then back here in JHB we are going to look for something for me to wear with her out in public, so wish me luck.