Why do you wear heels?

joeshoething

Why do you wear heels?  

571 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you wear heels?

Because I love them. Its that simple... :smile: I love that feeling, I love the way it forms your posture, I love the attention it evokes, I love my GF loves me to wear them, I love the way it amplifies the feelings during the sex play, I simply love them.... :))

I got used to wearing heels when I was in my 20's, and still had the legs for short skirts etc. Usually wear men's slacks these days but still find heels that much more comfortable - big arch and narrowish heels, so flatties generally fit in all the wrong places. Wish I could heel more often, but don't want to embarrass the younger members of the family.

I love the feeling of wearing healed boots. I go for boots as opposed to shoes as the open foot look does not suit me. Feeling feminine? Not sure; Daring? Yes. I have no intention to look like a woman but there is something about ladies clothes, especially boots that I find irresistible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I couldn't find it if I replied to this thread sometime in the past, I probably replied to a similar thread though. Anyway, I'm sure I started out heeling for other reasons, but mainly I have always liked the look of heels and early on I suppose I wanted to be a part of that which is forbidden to me. I think for me today its all about the comfort and style of high heels. They are far more interesting to look at and to wear, there are infinitely more options available than what society thinks I should wear, and they are actually much more comfortable than many people think or will admit to. As long one puts some effort into selecting the right shoes, they often feel better on my feet than many typical male shoes. For the poll, I was going to put 'other', but I think 'both' comfort and feminine feel are close enough for me. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Why? Because it's fun! Nothing more complicated than that!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Well, I am a new guy here but wanted to express my opinion. I am a masculine hairy guy who loves feet and shoes-especially my own size 13's and I like the comfort and feel of high heels-all of mine are 5 and 6 inch heels. I have tons of shoes and always need more. I agree with people who are of the mind that if women can wear pants and anything else that men can wear nylons and heels and skirts and anything else and still be masculine. I wear cowboy boots with 2-3 inch heels daily and do just about everything in them but at home I wear my stilettos proudly and comfortably. Why can't a masculine man be rough and tumble and hairy and handsome and be all man and yet still enjoy showing a lot of leg, wearing nylons and heels and painting his toe nails and slipping on some awesome high heels?Anyone who agrees feel free to pvt me.

• 2 weeks later...

I had to say both two, especially since I figured out what type of person I am both inside and out. They are more natural for me to wear than men's footwear, so I just stick with what feels good for me! Besides....I like them much better due to the sheer volume of styles available!! Nothing looks as good as a pair of heels feels!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I voted for the feminine feeling. I love heels and love wearing them but most of all I find them very sexy on women and I feel sexy when I'm wearing them. I'll admit it, it is definitely a fetish for me but I haven't had any heels for long enough (or the environement) where I can freely wear heels for the comfort of them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

love the look and the feeling if i were a girl i would wear hose and heels 24-7

Greetings brnbug :-)

You can wear heels even if you are not a girl: They are only shoes after all !

( And life is too short not to do what we want while we still can )

I started wearing high heels when I was 12. Started with my mom', then my sisters and then started buying my own. I have never stopped. I love the look - feel of wearing heels. They are very comfortable and look so much nicer than male shoes. I will wear them forever. Bernheels

• 2 weeks later...

Well only been wearing heels for under a week now. But a few girls I knew said I had a nice butt and that heels would make it nicer. My general rule is when something is said twice I should try it. Not sure yet if they were right, not looking at my ass often enough. But to be honest I'm finding it easier to walk in high heels than I thought, the 4 inch heels feel pretty normal to wear and they are just shoes. Worn some out just to get used to outside, don't think anyone noticed or cared. So I chose other, it's something new and not like my choice of shoes is going to break any laws. I've noticed my feet feel loads better in heels than flats, so guessing this will just become something I do for me. Already have more womens boots than guys, think I finally understand the shoe obsession. :wave:

Greetings saudade :-)

Glad to see that your first high heel experience was a success !

They are comfortable, light, they look nice and are fun to wear.

Cannot say the same for our men's shoes isnt-it ?

Did the girls who said you had a nice .... saw you wering your heels ?

Any comment from them ? Do they think that you look "better" now ? :wave:

And yes, they are only shoes after all.

Happy heeling !

Well about 8 years ago someone dared me to dress up as a girl for halloween for a contest and I wore high heels then as well. So technically my second experience in heels. I got second place there sadly, but oh so close. I haven't shown either of the girls that told me heels would help my ass yet. I have to go out shopping again for some new pants in either case. Both for the heels reason, and primarily because I've been bouldering (rock climbing) and my jeans now require a belt to stay up. The one girl is in boston however so might be a bit on the reply. That and I'm having fun laughing at myself while I learn the runway catwalk in high heels. If I snap my fingers too and go nuh uh girlfriend I know I'm going to get a laugh the size of mount st helens. So I'm having fun with this, if I can't laugh at myself it isn't worth it. >.<

... I have to go out shopping again for some new pants...

I guess you already got a few pair of women's jeans in your wardrobe ?

If not, then you must give it a try (and you will never buy men's jeans again).

I recommend junior's sizes jeans since they got no hips.

And they will look much better with heels...

Well as of today I have two pairs of 7 for mankind that fit so much better than any guy pants i've worn, save one pair of american eagle pants that have a tiny inseam now. Also whats with the give, not used to denim having stretch. Expensive, but they drape over the cowboyish boots I bought perfectly. Can't even tell I have high heels on unless i'm walking. Though it does look like my feet are tiny, and the click of the heels would probably give it away. Noticed one thing though, at nordstrom rack the under size 30 (I'm a skinny dude) appears to just have womens jeans marked with mens waist sizes. I verified this by looking at the equivalent jeans on the womens side. Same exact pants. So maybe they are starting to notice lots of guys buying womens jeans? Or is it just this one brand? Anyone know? I'm out of my element here. Thought that was interesting enough to note. Wasn't sure how much they shrink after washing so went semi conservative on the size just in case. I freaking hate shopping for jeans, normally the inseams are too long, which now isn't a problem. :wave: But guy pants don't drape over heels too well.

• 2 weeks later...

I like being taller!

YYZ! Are you referring to when you are wearing the boots shown in your avatar?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

YYZ! Are you referring to when you are wearing the boots shown in your avatar?

Oh heck No!:wave:

Those are one of the 12 Pairs of Converse XXHI or similar that I have!

Those are actually made buy Jump and are Called Dandy!

http://www.amazon.com/JUMP-Womens-Dandy-Black-Tough/dp/B002IFQN0Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1280350813&sr=8-1

No My Favorites are my Frye's western Boots! I have 8 pairs of them and they range in Heels from 1.5" to for 4".

Most of them are 3.5" Heels I will have to get some pictures soon of them all for you all!

Seriously? I try to avoid bashing another guys shoes on this forum, but really? 12 pairs... of those?

:thumbsup:LOL!:wave:

Sure We all have weakness and I Love My Converse's!

i've been wearing them now for over 40 years!

And seriously They all are different Colors and styles and I love putting different Color Laces in them!

Plus they a just darn Comfortable!

Some folks like Pumps and Sandals I Love my Frye's Western Women's Boots and my Chucks!

Where as I really don't care for stiletto's or pointy toe shoes or boots!

We are all different and that's what makes it so much more Fun!