Why do you wear heels?

joeshoething

Why do you wear heels?  

571 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you wear heels?

I quite agree with JeffB. Because I always liked wearing heels and enjoyed the comfort of wearing them and seeing them on my feet. Very stylish. Like he says---"Simple as that". Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I'm going to vote 'other', though both might have been almost as accurate. It's a bit more complex than the categories listed. Comfort? You bet. I wish men's shoes felt this good, this light, this soft. Even with the taller heels, women know how to take care of their feet. Closest I've come to that in a man's shoe is Ferragamo loafers, and they're downright expensive. Heels demand that one walk more precisely, and that's neat. They sound neat when you walk: tap, tap, tap. More than that, I feel, well, elegant. Maybe that's my feminine side, but so be it. Wake up, men's designers. Your shoes look like the devil, and feel like bricks. We're having to sneak off and put on pumps just to feel good.

I quite agree with JeffB. Because I always liked wearing heels and enjoyed the comfort of wearing them and seeing them on my feet. Very stylish. Like he says---"Simple as that".

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I totaly agree with this!

I wear high heels because I love the way they look and feel. It is a thrill to me to shop for heels as well. I enjoy the reactions I get from most people. There is no feeling I can describe like walking into a store and talking to a lady about heels...

...Because I always liked wearing heels and enjoyed the comfort of wearing them and seeing them on my feet. Very stylish. Like he says---"Simple as that"...

Greatings Kris and DawnHH :-)

Thinking about it, your replies mixed together is exactly how I would answer that question.

They are so good that I will translate them into French and use them as an answer next time someone ask :winkiss:

I'm going to vote 'other', though both might have been almost as accurate. It's a bit more complex than the categories listed.

Comfort? You bet. I wish men's shoes felt this good, this light, this soft. Even with the taller heels, women know how to take care of their feet. Closest I've come to that in a man's shoe is Ferragamo loafers, and they're downright expensive. Heels demand that one walk more precisely, and that's neat. They sound neat when you walk: tap, tap, tap. More than that, I feel, well, elegant. Maybe that's my feminine side, but so be it.

Wake up, men's designers. Your shoes look like the devil, and feel like bricks. We're having to sneak off and put on pumps just to feel good.

I agree with you entirely! I don't wear anything but heels and hoseiery, but I grew up like that having two (much older) sisters. My GF understands me completely!!! Keep up the good work! Regards Jim!

That's a hard one. For me the comfort is emotional rather then physical, heck if it was physical comfort I'd be in my slippers! I just feel happier and more relaxed in a pair of heels. I think the feminine thing must also be a part of it as I tend to favour feminine heels. If I'm going out I stick to my New Rocks, but for round the house it's almost always pointy stilettos, and my favourite shoes are a pair of black satin peep-toes with bows on.

I was wondering, why do we like to wear heels? For me it is mostly for comfort. I mean the arch the heels position my feet in just feels better than mens flat shoes. But there is a part of me that also enjoys the feminine feeling they give me. What are your reasons?

Does anyone know how I can turn this into a poll?

I voted other because there are many reasons for me.

• First and foremost I wear heels because I like to.

• I think I look better. I like to catch glimpses of myself in the windows at the mall and I like what I see.

• Comfort. Not all of the heels I like to wear are comfortable for long periods of time. Some are date shoes and boots. Some are really comfort able and I love to wear those.

• Feminine, something there certainly. I feel wearing heels catches a side of me that for awhile was under appreciated.

• Style, Style, Style, Style, far better than men’s shoes and boots

• Fetish, sure especially with a couple of the over the knee boots I wear out to dinner (under pants)

• It makes me unique, different from most people and I have tattoos so I tend to be different already.

So all in all I just like heels for lots of reasons.

I voted both to be honest I just love the darn things, and when I go with out heels I feel odd, if I could I would wear heels 7 days a week. For me I like the fit and the feel of the shoe and all of the heels I have are far more comfortable than men's shoes

I had to go with other, for some reasons other folks have stated. I grew up admiring all the nice, stylish shoes the girls had and wondered why guys' shoes were so plain and boring. I wanted to wear what the girls wore, but those had that certain "that's not right" stigma attached, so I just kept wishing. Then I met my former wife who I confided that to, and she wasn't at all disparaging of it, in fact, she bought me my first pair. While she was indifferent to me wearing them, she accepted them for who I am, and helped me realize that everyone is unique, whether they cut their hair a certain way, wear tattoos, pierce their ears, wear pink Crocs, or what have you. She was accepting as I started to accumulate more, and even after we've split we remain friends and she asks about my shoes and what success I've had wearing them outside. One thing she left me with is realizing that everyone has to be their own person; you can't be what other people expect you to be. A lesson we both had to learn. I like the line she came up with with: "It doesn't matter what other people think of you, what's important is what you think of yourself. If you can't be yourself, then who can you be?". I'd say I wear them because I like the look, I like the feel of wearing them, and some satisfaction in realizing that there's no law saying I can't wear them and being able to wear what is thought of as taboo. They even fit me a little better than men's shoes, since I have narrow feet. They are a bit of a turn on too, although that isn't as strong as when I first started wearing them. I wouldn't say I get "feminine feelings" when I wear them, just a certain confidence that "Hey, I'm a guy who isn't afraid to break out of the pigeonhole of wearing what other people think I'm supposed to wear". Even as of late I notice other folks expressing their individuality, and realize that I'm really not that different; for other folks it might be piercings, hair colors, tattoos, or clothes, for me it just happens to be shoes.

Hi, I could add several reasons to my earlier post, e.g. - they force me out of the habit of taking too long steps - they fix my posture and alleviate a lower back problem i have - i enjoy some attention i get wearing them - i find classic men's shoes too classic, i.e. boring - etc. But the main thing (for me) is that it's a passion, addiction, or maybe a fetish. I'm not sure if it is a fetish, because i actually don't like at all the "fetish shoes", i.e. heels higher than 5'', extreme platforms, transparent soles, ballet boots and stuff like that. The shoes that turn me on must be elegant and relatively comfortable to walk in. This passion is deeply rooted in my mind. It doesn't go away with age, just gets stronger :winkiss:. If nice high heeled shoes don't turn me on, then i must be dead or at least very sick :unsure:. I do not understand why and how it got started. Had a rather happy childhood. Just remember that i liked to watch women walking on nice high heels since early childhood. I could then never touch these kinds of shoes and try them on, because my mother didn't wear high heels. Later, in early teen years or so, i started to occasionally try on some high-heeled shoes when e.g. somebody came to visit us wearing such shoes and took them off, and i was fairly confident that i'm not getting caught. Never got caught :clap:. I'm happy to have this passion. I believe this passion is relatively sustainable, healthy, and sexy, compared to some other passions some men have, e.g. gambling, drinking, smoking, speeding with car, dealing with "bad" girls, watching football while eating potato chips, etc. So i guess all our girlfriends and wives should happily accept us wearing high heels :silly:. Happy Heeling k6ps

I simply feel more myself wearing heels than in flats.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

For whatever reasons I'm glad that we do, otherwise, the world would be as drab as the men's shoe styles that we avoid wearing!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

All of the above. I wear high heels because they are pretty shoes. I have very high arches and high heels are more comfortable for me to wear than any other shoe. It is exciting to wear them in public and "show them off" with the different men's suits that I wear with them. High heels are exciting to wear if nothing else for the fun of being able to gracefully walk in them. I absolutely love the sound of stiletto high heels clicking on the pavement or tile floor when I walk across them. I love all of the reactions I receive when men or women see me wearing high heels. I especially love dancing in high heels. Taking a walk in the park in hgih heels is also fun and relaxing. I can, I do, it's fun!

I dont really know. I like the way the feel as there so much smaller and ligher than i wear most of the time. I like the way they look but i dont really do it to look girly i've never really felt the need to go into " Girl mode" but hey you never know:smile:. I just like them along with Ford Fiesta's and some music that i only listen to in the car.

Why do I wear heels? Difficult question because the answer has evolved over the years. So my original answer would not be my current one. Originally and for the many years between the ages of 8 to 49 and before I discovered HHP, it was part of the dressing up game and all that goes with it that most go through. This was of course the excuse to wear stiletto heels back then, but now I just enjoy the whole dressing up thing. However, due to HHP and certain members inspiring me, this evolved 3 years ago into viewing heels as a fashion statement for male attire and rather than just being fixated on stiletto heels and how to my mind, the stiletto did not suit this guy in guy mode - too much of a statement to make for me. I found 7cm cubans to be right on the money. Enough height (just) to be feeling like I am wearing a heel, sufficiently wide enough to not have to worry about heel sinking or becoming stuck yet slimmer with a pleasing shape and silhouette and finally easy enough to run in if necessary without looking like a complete and utter nancy. So now I have finally answered the poll "Other" as this is now how I will always view why I wear heels. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

Mainly because mens shoes are pretty dull. The feminine thing is not why I wear them. They are definitely not comfortable. I guess I wear them because I want to. I like the Avantgarde thing and heels just seem to work with some of the looks I like.

• 2 weeks later...

Simply cause they feel good. Also the many different styles are apealing to me.

With the narrow feet and high arches that I have, high heels feel very good on my feet. And I also love the wide variety of styles, colors, and heel heights.