Why do you wear heels?

joeshoething

Why do you wear heels?  

571 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you wear heels?

Anybody else listen as you are walking in your heels to that sexy sound that the heels make when they come in contact with a hard surface. When I hear that sound any other time I am waiting for that that confident and commanding personality to walk into view. I think that is a reason why I like wearing heels.

Too bad I live in an apartment... :( I can't make any noise... I LOVE the noise of heels

I wear heels because iyears ago guys were the ones wearing them. The highest of society wore them. Peasant were forbidden! Another acticle that women stole from our wardrobe, and now we aren't allowed to wear them. That's why I wear them! I'm not even scared to try them on in the store. Also if RUSH - the rock band. Can wear them and look fly, then I can too.

I voted Other. It really isn't comfort, though there is a good feeling in wearing heels. Whether it's "feminine" or not is something that changes with time and not necessarily inherent to the style itself. It can be a sensual feeling, not a feminine one. Men have little choice in fashion options, so available shoe styles are increased by many times if a man considers "women's" shoes. I only started wearing high heels later in life so it's relatively new to me and therefore more interesting, though I still like "men's" shoes. I've always thought high or even low heeled of flat pumps look good on women. My own personal fashion liberation means I can wear them myself instead of just admiring them on others.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know, I have been chewing on this one ever since this thread showed back up as new content recently. For me when I am out and about in public it is mostly about the sensation of walking with a really good stride. When everything comes together and I have relaxed and I can feel the heel plant a tenth of a second before the ball of my foot does. I can sense the height of the heel, the sound is spot on and my gait is smooth and well rounded. When all of those factors come together it is almost a delicacy of the senses that comes with a strong sense of satisfaction. The only other thing that I can relate this to comes from flying. Several years ago I was pursuing a flying career and I did a lot of flying in small airplanes. I equate the satisfaction that I get from walking well in heels to the satisfaction that I got from having a “greaser” landing. A greaser occurs when you land so softly that you only feel the wheels spin up. It is something that takes skill, practice, and just a bit of luck. I know that I voted several years ago however I would now have to go with “other” now.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I don't know! I just love heels. They are elegant looking. Why do most guys have to dress like they are homeless. Ex. - ever watch storage wars? Brandi always looks great, but Jarrod always looks like crap. Women should respect us you taking good care of ourselves!

• 2 weeks later...

AZ, Like the "greaser" analogy. I am a pilot too..... But I don't fly in heels, might get in the way of the ruder pedals!!! ha ha ..... sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"