Who has bought some new shoes

gj

New Look are doing a £10 off formal footwear promotion

http://www.newlook.com/shop/sale/womens-offers_2970001

and I picked these for £15

http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/light-brown-snake-print-platform-court-shoes_272983621

post-12051-0-77282300-1382226404_thumb.j

The heel is 5½" with a 1½" platform and they feel very stable to walk in. The texture is softer to the touch than it looks, like suedette, and I'm thinking the mocha colour will look good with light blue stonewashed skinny jeans.

If you like it, wear it.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/light-brown-snake-print-platform-court-shoes_272983621

Posted Image272983621.jpg

The heel is 5½" with a 1½" platform and they feel very stable to walk in. The texture is softer to the touch than it looks, like suedette, and I'm thinking the mocha colour will look good with light blue stonewashed skinny jeans.

Very nice, though they're a bit too high for me. But hey! As long as you enjoy them, that's the important thing.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

SleekHeels, Now that's a pump I really like!  Just my style!  I enjoy the height and don't mind platforms at all.  Very similar to my Kosmic Pumps which are also very easy to walk in and comfortable!

Nice Buy!

Jim

hiheellover23, great style and color.  Thanks for the pics! (and nice way to hold up the wall)

saudade, what is the actual heel measurement on those?  My poor math says 5", but they look like more than that.  Beautiful shoes.  Any more pics?

125mm by my measure, they are higher than some of the 14cm heels I have though. They definitely border on 6" heel territory, only walkable.

Ask and ye shall receive, the sole itself is freaking crazy thick, I threw in an aa battery for comparison.

http://imgur.com/a/EnIyV#0

I'd love to comment, but for some reason, I can only get a small photo, and I really can;t even tell what you are wearing.  Looks fine from a block away though! lol

RonC, I have added additional pictures in my gallery with these shoes on.

post-2251-0-45368400-1382545040_thumb.jp

Hi folks,

I received today my new pair of shoes, from Aldo.

They feel quite good, and without a platform, i'm still not used to a heel that height.

p.s. I wrote a review of the shoes on Aldo's Québec website. I suppose the review will soon be posted - first time I do that.

Well, being a nut for basic black, I like those most! Bravo on your purchase!

Posted Image272983621.jpg

I have the black version and love them to bits :D they are very comfortable. Enjoy your purchase.

I wonder which of you will wear their shoes out first? ;-)

Not that it's a competition or anything, but I gave my new heels their debut this week (with stonewashed super-skinny jeans and a beige blazer over a white shirt). I browsed a couple of department stores and sat in a cafe for a while. I noticed a few lingering glances, and at the cafe a couple of young ladies seemed to be watching me quite intently, especially when I got up to leave - I hopefully demonstrated that I can walk pretty well in heels.

I have the black version and love them to bits :D they are very comfortable. Enjoy your purchase.

Having spent the best part of a day in them, you're quite right Cl0setheels, I found them pretty comfortable.

If you like it, wear it.

After selling off a few pairs to make room in the closet, I made this recent online purchase.  I've always had a thing for yellow heels but finding them in US 13 can be a difficult task.  Who am I kidding, sometimes finding yellow pumps in any size can be difficult.  I came upon these, look to have been worn once, and I was fortunate to be able to purchase them for about $25.  My girlfriend has the exact same style and brand in pink, so I knew exactly what I was buying.  I've been wearing them all day after a little breaking in yesterday morning.  Very comfortable, they simply feel great.

post-19684-0-66807300-1383167649_thumb.j

post-19684-0-31570300-1383167658_thumb.j

post-19684-0-74023500-1383167665_thumb.j

RonC, I have added additional pictures in my gallery with these shoes on.

Thanks for the larger shots!  The shoes look quite nice, but I admit to some surprise that you indicated that no one really noticed, as if anyone did look, what you are wearing  is obvious with so much foot showing and the strapping.  Probably a bit more daring that I am willing to be!  Anyway, you look good in those!

After selling off a few pairs to make room in the closet, I made this recent online purchase.  I've always had a thing for yellow heels but finding them in US 13 can be a difficult task.  Who am I kidding, sometimes finding yellow pumps in any size can be difficult.  I came upon these, look to have been worn once, and I was fortunate to be able to purchase them for about $25.  My girlfriend has the exact same style and brand in pink, so I knew exactly what I was buying.  I've been wearing them all day after a little breaking in yesterday morning.  Very comfortable, they simply feel great.

How interesting! It isn't every day one gets to see yellow shoes, I know I've rarely seen them in my travels. Meanwhile, your shoes look very nice. Congrats on your purchase.

Finally decided to get a pair of Adidas wedge sneakers. The sales guy at Nordstroms commented on how comfortable they were, but I doubt that was from experience ;)

post-289-0-04153700-1383187149_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

I like those yellow pumps. I would definitely wear them in yellow too. I think that they were available last spring, from DSW, in Jessica Simpson model. I remember seeing them on their website

Yellow pumps could be worn with black, jeans, tights, leggings or a black skirt. I would match them with a yellow polo shirt top. An awesome look! I would wear them with the black, Hue Leggings, that I have, and my Izod bright yellow polo  shirt. JMO

Hope you enjoy wearing them. Let's see what you wear them with and post a pic.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks JeffB and bluejay!

I like those yellow pumps. I would definitely wear them in yellow too. I think that they were available last spring, from DSW, in Jessica Simpson model. I remember seeing them on their website

Yellow pumps could be worn with black, jeans, tights, leggings or a black skirt. I would match them with a yellow polo shirt top. An awesome look! I would wear them with the black, Hue Leggings, that I have, and my Izod bright yellow polo  shirt. JMO

Hope you enjoy wearing them. Let's see what you wear them with and post a pic.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I posted a response over in my thread but the yellow pumps are by Romantic Soles, a value / mid range brand that used to be all over the online shoe stores a few years ago.  

Thanks JeffB and bluejay!

I posted a response over in my thread but the yellow pumps are by Romantic Soles, a value / mid range brand that used to be all over the online shoe stores a few years ago.  

Thanks for the information, about the brand of your yellow pumps, Lime15.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...