Who has bought some new shoes

gj

I had some time set aside and some money squared away so I planned a shopping trip yesterday to Nordstrom Rack.  Once there I was disappointed to find that the women's shoe department was being remodeled.  It looks like they're getting rid of the "one shoe on the sales floor, take it to the counter to get the other" model in favor of having both shoes on the floor in a shoebox (original, generic or unmatching) similar to how DSW handles their clearance.  I'm all for that as I prefer self-service when browsing clearance - more time spent checking out shoes rather than waiting for a clerk to run back and forth behind a desk.  Unfortunately I was unable to locate the size 13 section as the signs ran out at size 11 and weren't following any logical order.  I asked a CSA if they still carried women's size 13 shoes and she lead me to the backside of the size 11 rack where the 12's were hiding, alerting me that the size 13 shoes would be intermixed with them.  I thanked her for her assistance and let her know I would be good to go from there.  Sadly there were only maybe six or seven pairs of size 13 heels and nothing I was interested in, at the price they were marked anyway.  I really hope the size 13 selection will return once the remodel is complete as it took many years to get it built up to the relatively good assortment prior to the construction.  Considering how many empty racks there were as they moved inventory around and how much work was being done, I think it won't be a problem.

I swung by Payless before leaving for home as while they don't carry much at all in my size, I do like to check out styles in other sizes before ordering online.  It honestly wouldn't surprise me if this store goes under soon as not only is it small, they had next to none of the new styles.  With the huge one at the biggest mall in the area closing a few years ago (that had spectacular employees and a decent selection) I understand why this store has remained in business but their days have to be numbered.  I was, however, able to find a pair of oxfords that caught my attention a week ago and placed an order for them once I got home.

Posted Image

They're kind of an oxblood color and I think they'll look smart under jeans or slacks.  They might also get me street heeling again once the weather cools down.  Who knows, stranger things have happened before.

A little later in the evening an eBay auction I was half way watching was coming to an end with no bids so I flipped a couple bucks in and ended up winning.  I'm a sucker for wingtip and spectator pumps so I guess things just worked out.

Posted Image

I'll post again when both arrive and of course will write a review with pictures at Payless.com for the oxfords.

I had some time set aside and some money squared away so I planned a shopping trip yesterday to Nordstrom Rack.  Once there I was disappointed to find that the women's shoe department was being remodeled.  It looks like they're getting rid of the "one shoe on the sales floor, take it to the counter to get the other" model in favor of having both shoes on the floor in a shoebox (original, generic or unmatching) similar to how DSW handles their clearance.  I'm all for that as I prefer self-service when browsing clearance - more time spent checking out shoes rather than waiting for a clerk to run back and forth behind a desk.  Unfortunately I was unable to locate the size 13 section as the signs ran out at size 11 and weren't following any logical order.  I asked a CSA if they still carried women's size 13 shoes and she lead me to the backside of the size 11 rack where the 12's were hiding, alerting me that the size 13 shoes would be intermixed with them.  I thanked her for her assistance and let her know I would be good to go from there.  Sadly there were only maybe six or seven pairs of size 13 heels and nothing I was interested in, at the price they were marked anyway.  I really hope the size 13 selection will return once the remodel is complete as it took many years to get it built up to the relatively good assortment prior to the construction.  Considering how many empty racks there were as they moved inventory around and how much work was being done, I think it won't be a problem.

I swung by Payless before leaving for home as while they don't carry much at all in my size, I do like to check out styles in other sizes before ordering online.  It honestly wouldn't surprise me if this store goes under soon as not only is it small, they had next to none of the new styles.  With the huge one at the biggest mall in the area closing a few years ago (that had spectacular employees and a decent selection) I understand why this store has remained in business but their days have to be numbered.  I was, however, able to find a pair of oxfords that caught my attention a week ago and placed an order for them once I got home.

Posted Image

They're kind of an oxblood color and I think they'll look smart under jeans or slacks.  They might also get me street heeling again once the weather cools down.  Who knows, stranger things have happened before.

A little later in the evening an eBay auction I was half way watching was coming to an end with no bids so I flipped a couple bucks in and ended up winning.  I'm a sucker for wingtip and spectator pumps so I guess things just worked out.

Posted Image

I'll post again when both arrive and of course will write a review with pictures at Payless.com for the oxfords.

I tried the oxfords at Payless.  They are comfortable, just not really my style preference.  On the other hand, those spectators are fabulous!  SIze 13, wow!  What brand are they?  They look great.  Can;t wait to hear more about them.  Are they new or pre-owned?

I tried the oxfords at Payless.  They are comfortable, just not really my style preference.  On the other hand, those spectators are fabulous!  SIze 13, wow!  What brand are they?  They look great.  Can;t wait to hear more about them.  Are they new or pre-owned?

They're Renetti and are pre-owned but looking at the outsoles it looks like they weren't worn but maybe once indoors.  There's a little storage scratching to the leather here and there from what I can see and what looks like maybe a small split on the back of one shoe.  Out the door for less than $30 shipped so I can't really complain and really don't care to be honest.  It's not like shoes such as those pop up in size 13 all the time. :)

Posted Image

Well now. It's not every day you see spectator pumps, and those are seriously sharp! Great purchase, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Amazingly the spectator pumps arrived today.  I wasn't expecting them until the end of the week.  They're pretty much unworn, in fact it looks as if they may have been tried on in a retail setting a few times and knocked around in a shoebox a little.  They fit perfectly, a little snug in the toe as with new heels but of course the leather will stretch and conform.  These are by far the highest single sole pumps I've worn and considering my foot length and my over all height, I'd say this should be were I draw the line.  Might not look it in the pictures due to the angle but they are straight up 5".  Even with my high arches I'll say these are pretty comfortable and feel good.  I will need to add a traction pad to the outsole as they are like glass (even after scratching them up a bit with a key) but I'm sure after that I'll wear them quite a bit.  I don't have a preference for one heel height over another, I just go with what I find interesting no matter the style, but I've been trying to have more of a variety than anything lately and these certianly add some of that to my collection.

I'm also glad they go well with what I'm wearing today as originally I was wearing simple black patent platforms when I heard the knock at the door for today's delivery.  Of course by the time I got there the package was left on the doorstep and the carrier was already down the stairs.

post-19684-0-87108100-1380136714_thumb.j

post-19684-0-47518700-1380136722_thumb.j

post-19684-0-67849300-1380136736_thumb.j

post-19684-0-93716500-1380136764_thumb.j

Lime15: Regarding your new shoes----WOW!! Absolutely, positively gorgeous! I suspect the pictures you posted don't do those spectators proper justice, and you displayed them quite well as shoes like those DEMAND to be worn with a skirt like you had. I damn well know I'd wear a skirt! Bravo on your purchase, my friend.

I'm usually quite cautious when it comes to contrast, but those look great with the sheer black tights. I'ver never tried scratching soles with a key, I usually find 20 mins walking on a pavement is enough to take the smoothness off. Not that I've ever found smooth soles a problem, if anything it's metal heel-tips on a slippery hard-floor surface that can be tricky. In any case, I think that needing to tread carefully makes me think about my posture and how I'm walking, and I think that helps me feel (and hopefully look) more elegant, which is all part of the fun and appeal of heels I think. Enjoy your new shoes.

If you like it, wear it.

I thought Lime had the contrast down perfect, using dark hosiery with those pumps. I would've done the same thing had I owned those spectators. As for roughing up slick soles, how about using sandpaper? I've done that and it worked okay.

Bought from Payless yetserday:

The "Janine" black patent pump, the pointed toe and three inch heel was most appealing, they fit well and look good with a short skirt. These make the FIFTH pair of black patent pumps I own. I just can't resist them! 

Posted Image

SInce Payless was having a BOGO promotion, I snatched up my third pair of "Karmen" pumps (half off the price) in nude patent. I can easily see myself wearing these shoes with my khaki skirts!

Posted Image

Lime15: Those shoes really look cool :)

Hi again,

just made some more pictures from shoes i got recently.

post-19635-0-65507100-1380205471_thumb.jpost-19635-0-85142500-1380205481_thumb.jpost-19635-0-42978900-1380205498_thumb.jpost-19635-0-11822000-1380205507_thumb.j

The ones on the third image are better for long jeans or similar, the others i would say are quite fine for both long trousers or only tights... what do you think?

Greetings,

cgwm

I just received these Nine West Boots, purchased from Amazon.com.

post-640-0-03729300-1380207523_thumb.jpg     post-640-0-25476800-1380207792_thumb.jpg

My review of these Boots on Amazon

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

By GaryBootMan on September 24, 2013
Color Name: Brown LeatherSize Name: 12 B(M) US
My new boots just arrived. Looked great out of the box.

I did get a bit worried at first.

It seems the shaft is a bit small for a boot with no zipper. At first I really thought they were going back.
I just could not get my foot into the boot. It was close, so I decided to try a little harder.
Success! With a little struggle, I got them on. Wow. They feel great.

After a few times putting them on and taking them off, I guess the shaft stretched a little. Much easier to put on now.

I wear a size 12 and these boots fit just right. (Once I got them on).
The heel is 4 inches on this pair, which is just right for me.

I have a lot of black boots, so I went with the Brown this time. I am glad I did. It is a very nice shade of dark brown.
They look great with all my jeans, and I do have a pair or 2 of brown dress slacks they will go nicely with also.

I like the thicker heel, and the sleek styling. Plain, Clean Lines and No Platform. Perfect!

I felt the price was a bit high, but the current offer was 30% off, so I am happy.
Actually I think all decent quality footwear has been drastically increasing in price this past few years.

I really like Nine West and thank them for continuing to produce stylish quality boots in larger sizes.

The Otilla Boot gets Five Stars from me.

Gary

ooopppssss    Sorry, Meant to post this under "Who Has Bought Some New BOOTS"

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Lime15, those spectators look even better on than they did in the original photos.  I love them with the black stockings.  Great find there!

Gary0618, those are great looking Nine West boots.  Very sleek, and a nice heel.  You indicated that you were a size 12 and that these fit perfectly, but didn't indicate if they were in fact size 12.  I assume that's what you meant, but could you clarify that.  Also, how is the width?  I have fairly wide feet and those look like they might be a bit narrow.  I have been able to wear a size 11 in some of their other boots, however, as it seems that, in general, boots are cut a bit larger, likely to accommodate the wearing of thicker socks I would guess.

Bought from Payless yetserday:

The "Janine" black patent pump, the pointed toe and three inch heel was most appealing, they fit well and look good with a short skirt. These make the FIFTH pair of black patent pumps I own. I just can't resist them! 

Posted Image

SInce Payless was having a BOGO promotion, I snatched up my third pair of "Karmen" pumps (half off the price) in nude patent. I can easily see myself wearing these shoes with my khaki skirts!

Posted Image

You are absolutely correct - there is just "something" about a "simple" pair of pumps.  They are habit forming. 

Now the BOGO is over for a while and 20% off has replaced it.  Still not a bad deal.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Now the BOGO is over for a while and 20% off has replaced it.  Still not a bad deal.

I know. The Karmens are sale priced at $17.99. I mean to jump on that with both feet!

I know. The Karmens are sale priced at $17.99. I mean to jump on that with both feet!

And so is the Janine at $17.99 - time to take a little trip it seems for the new "costume" accessories for Halloween.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Gary0618, those are great looking Nine West boots.  Very sleek, and a nice heel.  You indicated that you were a size 12 and that these fit perfectly, but didn't indicate if they were in fact size 12.  I assume that's what you meant, but could you clarify that.  Also, how is the width?  I have fairly wide feet and those look like they might be a bit narrow.  I have been able to wear a size 11 in some of their other boots, however, as it seems that, in general, boots are cut a bit larger, likely to accommodate the wearing of thicker socks I would guess.

Yes, they are size 12 M. Amazon automatically includes this info in the review, which is why I did not repeat it.

And the width? I always buy wide in my in my sneakers, E or EE in my regular men's boots. Almost all of my nine west boots fit well.

So I assume they run a bit wide.

Not to sound like a commercial, but Amazon has free returns, so get a pair and give them a try.

Here is the Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CM3HW22/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

FLAT SHOES, LIKE FLAT DRINKS, ARE FOR FLAT PEOPLE

Thanks for the comments JeffB, SleekHeels, bluejay, and RonC.

Smooth outsoles usually don't bother me much either but these were like polished glass.  In this case, grip pads are going to be a requirement but when I (rarely) use them I make sure to trim them to match the dimensions of the shoe.  Basically I follow where a tread pattern would be normally.  I still have a bit of a tan line around my ankles from summer commuting so I default to darker hosiery until the cooler months.  Sheer Energy tends to go well with anything, no matter the shade, however.

JeffB, I agree that the Janine pumps are awesome and very comfortable and easy wearing, even more so than the Karmen in my opinion.

I was all excited that my businesswear oxfords from Payless would arrive today but it looks like that rail accident in Texas is holding up the delievery.  Hopefully they weren't part of the destroyed cargo and instead are just held up while the cleanup and backlog slows all transit across the country through that corridor.  If UPS doesn't update by Monday I'm going to contact Payless as the transit container was probably one of the wrecked ones.  Thanks yokels that blew through a signalling block and rear-ended the lead train!

Ordered from Payless this morning, taking advantage of a sale that's reduced the Karmen pumps to $17.99:

Black Patent: These shoes go with pretty much EVERYTHING! An essential for my wardrobe....

Posted Image

Brown: I have not one, but two long brown skirts that will match perfectly with these shoes....

Posted Image

Red: It's been quite a long time since I've worn red shoes, but I just couldn't resist them....

Posted Image

I should get them sometime early next week, then I'll have FIVE pairs of Karmens! Sounds crazy, but these shoes are crazy comfortable and are a treat to wear, that's why I wanted them! Trust me, guys, these shoes ARE worth it, and then some!

Jeff like those pumps, the price is definately right.

Just arrived from Steve Madden.

First pair is their 4" DaNCEAWAY Ankle straps (real height in size 10 is 4.5"). These are a bit tight as again I bought size 10 for my 10.5-11 foot. I expect no issues breaking these in.

The second pair is called Doubtit. These i will have a hard taking off tonight. They fit like a true size 10.5 to 11 so no issues there. They are listed as 5" and do have a 3/8" internal platform. In size 10 the heels measure 5.4" so gotta like that.

Both shoes are leather, the Doubtit are better quality, reflected in the higher price.

I also went ahead and bought a second pair of the Invade style. These have broken in so well and both look and fit so great I had to have a spare pair for when the 1st pair wears out, if you haven't gotten them hurry up, they are being discontinued and I expect very few will ever make it to ebay. "Can you spare a square"

Happy heeling all, best wishes, Joe. :rocker:

post-1756-0-29037000-1380316333_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-49566300-1380316345_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-43508400-1380316357_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-88859400-1380316685_thumb.jp

post-1756-0-42649500-1380316701_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Yes,  JeffB, that was a great buy with the Karmen pumps. Glad to see that you got a pair of red ones. I like my Aerosoles. "Tapestry" pumps. They have a stacked 3-1/2" heel. I have them in royal blue patent, red patent, hot pink patent, purple patent and purple suede. Lots of color choices to wear with my ensembles and you know from my pics that I love to wear those colors!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Yes,  JeffB, that was a great buy with the Karmen pumps. Glad to see that you got a pair of red ones. I like my Aerosoles. "Tapestry" pumps. They have a stacked 3-1/2" heel. I have them in royal blue patent, red patent, hot pink patent, purple patent and purple suede. Lots of color choices to wear with my ensembles and you know from my pics that I love to wear those colors!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Well, it figures to be a challenge to whip up outfits to match with shiny red shoes, but that's a challenge I'll certainly enjoy. I've already got an idea or two in mind (yes, those ideas involve skirts) and look forward to wearing them in public. Oh, yeah, I'll also need a red handbag to go with the shoes! HA!

The second pair is called Doubtit. These i will have a hard taking off tonight. They fit like a true size 10.5 to 11 so no issues there. They are listed as 5" and do have a 3/8" internal platform. In size 10 the heels measure 5.4" so gotta like that.

Excellent heels, wow!  Love the triple strap, even if it means it's harder to take them off.