691 members have voted

1. 1. Fem or Masc?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wear women's high heels to bring out my feminine side when I want to role play. I enjoy escaping by being someone else for a while.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I voted feminine, but just barely, Ive only been wearing high heels in public for two days (did again today) but Ive been wearing eyeliner and mascara (not too over the top or emo, just enough to bring out my eyes) for a couple months now. I've also gotten into painting my toes in the past month or so but that's all as far as feminine goes, I don't crossdress though.

I voted feminine, but just barely, Ive only been wearing high heels in public for two days (did again today) but Ive been wearing eyeliner and mascara (not too over the top or emo, just enough to bring out my eyes) for a couple months now. I've also gotten into painting my toes in the past month or so but that's all as far as feminine goes, I don't crossdress though.

Congrats, Al - you're getting in touch with your feminine side. Next time out, consider a sarong, which is traditional male wear in other countries. :)

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I guess where u are makes a lot of difference. I work in london and i wear nail polis and earrings everyday and womens flats...

The bagger at our local grocery store here in Colorado Springs does the same.

..heels might be over the top when visiting clients.

Just a guess, but i'd bet heels aren't on the menu for that grocery store for either guys or girls.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I am a guy who mainly likes wearing high heeled boots with my normal guy clothes - under jeans. My limited street heeling is constrained to this dress code. For me I want to be a guy in heels. But ........, I have experimented with items of womans clothing, I have a black leather mini skirt from oasis and a suspender belt and stockings. I only wear these on rare occasions and it's more about showing off and seeing my boots rather than them being hidden under my jeans. I never go for make up or wearing womans clothes on my upper body. I couldgo without the skirt etc, that's just a personal enjoyment factor. I could not give up heels though - I just hope that societys attitude towards men who want to wear what are currently considered to be womans heels changes for the better - and soon!

• 2 months later...

I voted just man in heels, but I feel the responses are very restrictive, because I do wear tights, but in no feminine way. I have also worn make-up, and again, being a MAN; never getting "in touch" with a "feminine side".

I couldgo without the skirt etc, that's just a personal enjoyment factor. I could not give up heels though - I just hope that societys attitude towards men who want to wear what are currently considered to be womans heels changes for the better - and soon!

The more of us who get out in public in heels, The sooner it will become the norm.:chuckle:

real men wear heels

Women can wear masculine fashion without and problems and there are even articles in women's magazines like Cosmo that describe how a woman can incorporate masculine items into their normally feminine look/wardrobe. Women do not have a problem with this because they are taught that expressing masculine feelings is ok. On the other hand, little boys are taught from an early age that anything feminine is weak and bad and that they are not to have any feminine feelings. This is the problem that we are fighting and it is the reason that men in heels are not readily accepted. As humans, we all have a masculine and a feminine side to our personalities. Women are encouraged to express the masculine side while men are taught to suppress it or that it does not exist at all. This is the problem that we need to overcome. It is ok for men to wear feminine items and have feminine feelings as part of their overall image. We will know when men and women have finally achieved equality when there are articles in GQ Magazine that describe how to add a little feminine flare to a normally masculine wardrobe and when JaneGirls are accepted just as TomBoys are accepted. Do you guys understand these concepts? I really believe they are the keys to success. Guys need to embrace their feminine feelings instead of denying that they exist. It is ok to have a feminine side and to express it proudly.

Jamie

I voted just man in heels, but I feel the responses are very restrictive, because I do wear tights, but in no feminine way. I have also worn make-up, and again, being a MAN; never getting "in touch" with a "feminine side".

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

i voted feminine, as i frequently go beyond just wearing heels. i rarely ever leave the house without eyeliner, eyeshadow and mascara on. after i move back to the detroit area, i'll incorporate more heels, skirts, and other feminine things into my wardrobe.

life is short, heels are high, live it up!

Myself, I just want to be a guy in heels with my blue jeans and t-shirt or (guy clothes).

Great minds truly do think alike... heels with guy clothes all the way for me... except for perhaps a pair of schoolgirl style knee-highs under my bluejeans :chuckle:

• 3 months later...

I voted for more feminine, but I don't think that captures what I try to achieve. "Man in heels" doesn't quite do it, either, though. I present as a man in a skirt, pantyhose, and heels, which doesn't fit either option cleanly.

I'm the same except you would have to add a handbag to that look. The girlier the shoes the better (except I am not a sandal fan).

Heel-Lover

For me, it's definitely just "man in heels" or perhaps I should say "man in chunky heels". Most of my shoes and boots are technically "womens", but this is partly because of having small feet and my dislike for the fit and wide sloppy look of most mens styles. That being said though, my shoes and boots are primarily unisex styles that would probably never catch anyones attention unless they were a footwear affectionato and "know" their brands and styles. Nonetheless, I'll wear relatively tall platform clogs or chunky platform boots to certain occasions such as a concert, movies, etc. As for any other clothing items, I do own several pair of women's jeans, but here again it is for fit reasons. Being inclined to participate in various acrobatic sports such as gymnastics and trick riding, by necessity I am pretty small in circumference. On top of that I have a short torso and long legs, the challenge to find long jeans (at least 36" inseam) with a 29" or 30" waist in men's styles is virtually impossible. Fortunately, most of the time I dress fairly western and for some reason western jeans are readily available in tall, skinny sizes. But sometimes I like to break away from the western look and that's when my only real options are in the women's department.

I have worn skirts, dresses, etc. but I prefer to work heels into masculine styles.

What a difference a few years makes. I now readily incorporate feminine styles into my wardrobe, and this includes feminine-looking shoes.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

100% Fem, I love the feeling of being female and liked to explore more of it, I crossdress completely, although I have only being in the public like this once or twice in my lifetime, but it feels good ! and I think I look good after all the effort into makeup and dress up ! so much fun.

Of course a guy is going to look feminine if he wears stilettos. Stilettos are the preserve of females. If on the other hand the heels are low, chunky and practical then they will look more masculine. Gosh chaps it's not rocket science is it?.

Do girls become masculine when they wears combat fatigues, helmets, boots, back packs, and/or M-16's? Then why are guys considered feminine by donning skirts, blouses, berets, stilettos, nylons, painted nails, and/or make-up. It's how we have been raised to think in the box. I'm not immuned to this up-bringing, but I'm trying to see the box for what it is - unaccurate and misleading descriptions of who people are and what they are able to desire and need to fill their lacking.

Do girls become masculine when they wears combat fatigues, helmets, boots, back packs, and/or M-16's?

A. Yes they generally do. Theres nothing "feminine" at all about combats and weapons, or war. I'll refrain from answering the rest of your questions because your referring to garments designed and manufactured for a totally different body shape, so if you cant figure it out, I'm not going to argue.

Its not what your wearing, its what your emulating that is classed as feminine.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Do girls become masculine when they wears combat fatigues, helmets, boots, back packs, and/or M-16's?

Then why are guys considered feminine by donning skirts, blouses, berets, stilettos, nylons, painted nails, and/or make-up.

It's how we have been raised to think in the box. I'm not immuned to this up-bringing, but I'm trying to see the box for what it is - unaccurate and misleading descriptions of who people are and what they are able to desire and need to fill their lacking.

"skirts, blouses, stilettos, nylons, painted nails, and/or make-up" are historically very carefully cultivated badges of femininity. That's why they are considered to be feminine in our society. Just as a car is considered to be a form of transport and a church a place of worship....I could go on but I'm sure it would become boring fairly swiftly.

It's interesting that you have chosen equate war with masculinity.

I agree it exudes neither sanity nor femininity. If I had my way, any man who raised his fist to another human, or indeed a weapon or a threat of violence would be arrested have his masculinity taken away (in a non violent fashion of course)

Gosh what a mess man has made, no wonder the animals are all scared of us...it's an embarrassment.

A. Yes they generally do. Theres nothing "feminine" at all about combats and weapons, or war. I'll refrain from answering the rest of your questions because your referring to garments designed and manufactured for a totally different body shape, so if you cant figure it out, I'm not going to argue.

Its not what your wearing, its what your emulating that is classed as feminine.

"skirts, blouses, stilettos, nylons, painted nails, and/or make-up" are historically very carefully cultivated badges of femininity. That's why they are considered to be feminine in our society. Just as a car is considered to be a form of transport and a church a place of worship....I could go on but I'm sure it would become boring fairly swiftly.

It's interesting that you have chosen equate war with masculinity.

I agree it exudes neither sanity nor femininity. If I had my way, any man who raised his fist to another human, or indeed a weapon or a threat of violence would be arrested have his masculinity taken away (in a non violent fashion of course)

Gosh what a mess man has made, no wonder the animals are all scared of us...it's an embarrassment.

I should have figured I'd get a bit of action for my former posting, especially when I used the gender references as they're socially defined and I apologize for that. I should have used men for masculine when I wrote the combat question and I should have written the next question by asking "Then why aren't guys considered women by donning ......"

Social cultivation or dictation has been the progression of how we ended up with our social standards. However, just because things are viewed with a certain perspective, does that give them the status of being beyond reproach when many contradictions present a different scenario. Like the color pink should only be worn by women or the drab and neutral colors belong in the men's wardrobe. These type of labelings are man-made restrictions that should have been left to each individual to choose.

I should have figured I'd get a bit of action for my former posting, especially when I used the gender references as they're socially defined and I apologize for that. I should have used men for masculine when I wrote the combat question and I should have written the next question by asking "Then why aren't guys considered women by donning ......"

Social cultivation or dictation has been the progression of how we ended up with our social standards. However, just because things are viewed with a certain perspective, does that give them the status of being beyond reproach when many contradictions present a different scenario. Like the color pink should only be worn by women or the drab and neutral colors belong in the men's wardrobe. These type of labelings are man-made restrictions that should have been left to each individual to choose.

Doesnt matter which way round you word it and the colours are not the problem, read what I wrote, again.

Clothing from the womens side of the store is cut and shaped for the female body. Put those same shapes on the majority of most guys and it doesnt work, or most guy have no freaking clue how to co-ordinate themselves, thus it looks a mess.

Why do you think so many guys clothes are dull...

Because if mens clothes came in the same colours as womens, "most" guys would look like an accident in a paintball factory.

If your going to wear garments cut for a female shape, then you should ideally have an identical shape to fit, or, if your going to wear ALL our clothes from the womens section, you obviously will be seen as trying to "emulate" a woman

Nobody is saying there is anything wrong with it, wear whatever the freak you want, just dont bitch about it all day if somebody else "looks at you" in a way that doesnt scream approval or praise. No matter what you wear or look like, were human, we observe things and form opinions on them, thats what humans do, deal with it, or lock yourself in a cupboard until you die.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

most guy have no freaking clue how to co-ordinate themselves, thus it looks a mess.

Because if mens clothes came in the same colours as womens, "most" guys would look like an accident in a paintball factory.

I laughed aloud when I read that. You're so right. What's more, most guys don't care about their appearance or presentation. What bothers me is that so many guys on this forum think they have to dress up en femme to look right, or even crossdress completely, just to go out in public when all they want to do is to wear heels. There are lots of ways to blend in the right kinds of shoes with jeans or pants, shirts and sweaters, and still look good with heels. Guys don't have to emulate women. They can be creative about their outfits, still look like guys, and still look good in heels. There are lots of examples on this forum of good looking masculine outfits with long boot cut jeans and pants, for example.

Steve

Most guy have no freaking clue how to co-ordinate themselves, thus it looks a mess.

Perhaps guys and gals should be taught the same things and I don't just mean about attiring, I mean the whole enchilada. It would make things better for communication in relationships, because both would have similar understandings.

Perhaps guys and gals should be taught the same things and I don't just mean about attiring, I mean the whole enchilada. It would make things better for communication in relationships, because both would have similar understandings.

Some stones are best left unturned!

Gary

I say dress the way u feel. We are all unique in our own way and "interesting" or uncordnaited, or different to me, is a good thing. We need to make a statement about who we are and after all, it is just only clothing, right?

real men wear heels

Clothing from the womens side of the store is cut and shaped for the female body. Put those same shapes on the majority of most guys and it doesnt work, or most guy have no freaking clue how to co-ordinate themselves, thus it looks a mess.

If your going to wear garments cut for a female shape, then you should ideally have an identical shape to fit, or, if your going to wear ALL our clothes from the womens section, you obviously will be seen as trying to "emulate" a woman

First off all,many women wear clothes and shoes that are very masculine and they can look good without emulating males physically.The same is applied to men in feminine clothing,if you do not expect it to look like on a woman it works very well on a guy.Women's clothes can underline the shape of a male body,because most women clothes are cut to outline the body (whatever it is), and most of them just fit the body - if it have strong curves it shall outline them, if not, it shall outline the less curvy masculine shape.Unless we talk about specific tops with bra-like parts, there is no problem for me,a man to wear whatever he pleases and not emulating women.Women do that from more than 50 years with masculine apparel-wake up!P.S. About colours see nature, most males have the colour and the beauty,only humans seem to have inverted that due to macho bull@hit.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed a lot of guys here are into skirts, hose, etc.

My question is do you want to be just a MAN IN HEELS or Enjoy dressing more like a girl with all the fem? Skirts, hose etc.

Myself, I just want to be a guy in heels with my blue jeans and t-shirt or (guy clothes).

Back to the original question (see above)

I like very much to dress as a man, shirt and dark jeans/slacks and heels.

I have never considered dressing in a blouse and skirt or dress or any other "female type" clothing except for the heels.

Thrill

IF GIRLS CAN WEAR PANTS THEN I CAN WEAR HEELS