Feminine or Masculine?

johnieheel

Fem or Masc?  

691 members have voted

1. 1. Fem or Masc?

Bubba, I think you misread what JohnH wrote. He said that he noted that several of us have not take(n) the step of wearing skirts in public. Steve

Hmmm! You're right, Steve......I did misrad what JohnH wrote.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fascinating topic! The expectations for males and females have changed quite a bit in my lifetime. What is acceptable now is much different than say back in the 1950's. I see the divisions blurring and for the most part it is a good thing as its leads to more tolerance. Personally, I wear a mixture of men's and women's shoes and clothes, depending on the situation and circumstances. I don't go the skirt or dress route because I have no desire to do so. There is no right or wrong answer here and that's what makes this forum a very good thing indeed!

And, while I understand that your wife doesn't know that you have a pair of wedge heeled sandals, she is OK with your polishing your toe nails, shaving your legs and wearing a skirt in public?

My wife does not have any problems with painting my toenails or shaving my legs. She did have a problem with wearing the skirts in public until I explained to her that I really do not want a wedge of cloth rubbing against my testicles as is in the case of pants.

If I wear heels in public it will be with a skirt or dress, not pants.

I forgot to say, I live in Rockwall, Texas which is East-North-East of Dallas.

I will say once again - I do not wear pants unless it is absolutely necessary. Otherwise, only skirts on me! Now on the other hand, my wife does not do skirts - only pants. The only time I have seen her wear a skirt is when we got married.

I feel that it would be more of a barrier for me to wear the 2 inch wedge heel sandals in public than it is for me to wear a skirt. I guess that we are all different.

Truly spoken! Something I can't quite get sorted out.....wearing a skirt...painting toes.....shaving legs.... wearing 2" wedge sandals would be more of a barrier? OooooooKaaaaaaay!

(no criticism here, just pondering the scenario - :wave::confused: )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I voted as just a man in heels, although like many others I also sometimes wear women´s trousers/jeans, as long as it´s not too obvious. I find they often fit better. I don´t do street heeling yet.

Truly spoken! Something I can't quite get sorted out.....wearing a skirt...painting toes.....shaving legs.... wearing 2" wedge sandals would be more of a barrier? OooooooKaaaaaaay!

Yes, I did take the plunge and went public with my heels.:)

The heels are more like 7 cm (2 3/4 inches) rather than 5 cm ("2 inches") as described by the website.

I first went to Braums to get a dozen eggs, to Walmart to get my prescription and buy some groceries, to Walgreens to pick up my wife's prescription, and then finally to Kroger to get some more groceries.

Bubba, you are right. I did not get any more attention wearing the sandals with the skirt than I did with just the skirt alone with flat men's sandals. I am a fast walker, and as a novice to wearing heels I still walk fairly fast with the wedge sandals - a bit faster than most shoppers. I run on my tippy toes without the heel touching the ground, and when I walk with flats sometimes I have to make sure that my heels touch the ground.

What I like the most is that I stand almost 3 inches higher than in my bare feet.

i would love to be able to dress full feminine and i think i can pass as a female if i was spotted across town .... lol...... my face will never be able to pass but i think my figure may be able to trick a few people in dim light :wave:

I would not be able to pass as a woman if I dressed full feminine once I spoke. My speaking voice is almost as deep as Joe Friday of Dragnet and a bit less raspy, so it would be extremely difficult for me to sound like a woman (I am a basso profundo).

I have worn heels out in public, though with jeans or slacks and some of the remarks I got really were quite approving and I even got a few complimennts, though mostly from women. I am not trying yo pass as a woman though I only posess feminine clothing. I also wear make-up and my nails are always painted and long.

I have worn heels out in public, though with jeans or slacks and some of the remarks I got really were quite approving and I even got a few complimennts, though mostly from women. I am not trying yo pass as a woman though I only posess feminine clothing. I also wear make-up and my nails are always painted and long.

I wonder if it is common in South Africa or Europe for men to wear makeup and to paint fingernails, and to wear feminine clothing to the exclusion of masculine clothing. I just don't see it here in the Dallas, Texas USA area. I paint only my toenails and I do not wear makeup. The only feminine items I have are denim skirts and wedge heel sandals.

Nonetheless it is a weird feeling to step into Walmart wearing a skirt and moderate (7 cm or 2 3/4 inch) heels and realize there is an excellent chance that I am the only person so attired!

I wonder if it is common in South Africa or Europe for men to wear makeup and to paint fingernails, and to wear feminine clothing to the exclusion of masculine clothing. I just don't see it here in the Dallas, Texas USA area. I paint only my toenails and I do not wear makeup. The only feminine items I have are denim skirts and wedge heel sandals.

Nonetheless it is a weird feeling to step into Walmart wearing a skirt and moderate (7 cm or 2 3/4 inch) heels and realize there is an excellent chance that I am the only person so attired!

Probably your the only one in a skirt. "Everybody" else is wearing jeans or shorts, if your area is any where similar to mine.

I voted that to wear a high heel would make one feel feminine due to how they look. However, after wearing my starter heels extensively for the first time (7 cm or 2 3/4 inches) I feel when I wear them I feel more masculine! I get my height increased by almost 3 inches. Now I can understand why King Louis the 14th had his 12.5 cm (5 inch) heels! Regarding men's shoe fashions - why do they all have to be so flat? I look at Mason's catalog and I see the most outlandish color combinations for some men's shoes - color combinations I would never wear. I do not wear white shoes, nor do I wear shoes that are a combination of white and something else. And yet, those color combinations appear for men's shoes in the catalog. I would like to get a solid black pump with a heel height of about 9 cm (3 3/4 inch) in my size (11 W [uS women's]).

It did turn out that from my wife's opinion that the 9 cm (2 3/4 inch) wedge sandals is more of an issue than wearing the skirts! I have been going out wearing the sandals while she was at work, but today (Saturday) she was off. So I went out with the sandals with her seeing me wearing them! Initially she said "No, no, no" but then she relented.

It did turn out that from my wife's opinion that the 9 cm (2 3/4 inch) wedge sandals is more of an issue than wearing the skirts! I have been going out wearing the sandals while she was at work, but today (Saturday) she was off. So I went out with the sandals with her seeing me wearing them! Initially she said "No, no, no" but then she relented.

Progress!!!

:wave:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm totally masculine! just love the Heels!:wave: But I would alway encourage any of you to dress to your fullest and what you love to wear! But I would make a terrible looking woman!:)

But I would make a terrible looking woman!:wave:

There is a gender equality philosophy of the fashion freestyler.Wear "female" stuff but as a guy and compare to other guys.So I wear skirts,tops,heels and so on and never try to look like a woman or compare to one.Hens compare to hens and roosters to roosters...

There is a gender equality philosophy of the fashion freestyler.Wear "female" stuff but as a guy and compare to other guys.So I wear skirts,tops,heels and so on and never try to look like a woman or compare to one.Hens compare to hens and roosters to roosters...

Ahh!! to be 24 again and have a size 26 inch waist again!

I might just join you!:wave:

But alas at size 44:unsure: waist and at 48:unsure: i'm doing good to walk in 3.5" heels in my Fryes!

But don't give in I'm all for the day when any one can wear what they want to with out being mocked for it!:)

Ahh!! to be 24 again and have a size 26 inch waist again!

I might just join you!:wave:

But alas at size 44:unsure: waist and at 48:unsure: i'm doing good to walk in 3.5" heels in my Fryes!

But don't give in I'm all for the day when any one can wear what they want to with out being mocked for it!:)

Well you could get a corset and get that 26 inch waist back again! Though your nickname would probably become some variant of captain kirk and a girdle.

To be... or... not... to be... what was the question?

Well you could get a corset and get that 26 inch waist back again! Though your nickname would probably become some variant of captain kirk and a girdle.

To be... or... not... to be... what was the question?

Thanks But those days are long gone!

I am right now trying to loose weight and doing pretty good so far!

I trying to get back down to a 34 and get my weight at about 160.

If I do I may just have to go get a Black Leather Mini Skirt and a matching top and take the wife out to dinner some where!:wave:

And of course I may even have to buy a Pair of Jimmy CHoo Boots!:)

I am so jealous of my wife's Jimmy Choo's at times!:clap:

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting topic & poll. I answered "man in heels". I really don't have any desire to cross-dress as a woman or wear anything that is overly "girly" - I wouldn't make a very good looking girl. But I do have a desire to start wearing high-heeled shoes. I would like to see shoe companies begin to make more mens' shoes, clogs and boots with 3" or higher heels. I have a pair of "Beatle" boots that have a 2" cuban heel that I wear occasionally. There are oxford shoes with high heels being marketed for women, but are simply mens' dress shoes with a heel. I would definitely buy a pair if they were marketed as unisex or for men, and am definitely considering buying a pair of the womens' shoes if I can find some in size 12. However, my one exception to the rule is womens' high heel pumps (closed toe, no peep toes). I always wanted to try on a pair of pumps with a 4" heel. I also like the 4-1/2" to 5" heels with the concealed mini platform in the toe box - those are really hot! Not sure that I would wear pumps in public, but I wouldn't mind seeing them become accepted as something for men. I'm also a nudist, and would really have fun wearing high-heel pumps at the nudist resorts I visit.

What a cool forum nickname!! If you are considering pumps then you should read some of the many posts by "roniheels" who has worn pumps, and other very feminine styles for years as a man and not trying to pass as a woman or anything. He just works them into an array of different outfits and is able to go about his business while wearing stiletto heels. Bsides, these days with girls' bootcut jeans you could wear some 4-5" stiletto heels and only the bottom inch or two would show so what are you waiting for??? And I'm only talking about the closed toe style of pumps. You could also wear the peep toe kind as well but might be anxious to show your toes. Like "roniheels" I also love stiletto heels and any kind of higher (5"/12.5cm or higher) as I have great balance, decent-lloking legs, and am only 5' 8.5" (174cm) tall and we two are the tip of the iceberg. This forum is all about sharing and encouraging others to enjoy life from " a higher perspective." HappyinHeels

I like to be male and female. But not at the same time. Wish I had a switch :) As I only like female stiletto high heels they belong to my female side. And with female I mean female, even if I wouldn't want to be female forever - high heels, corset, nylons or latex. Wearing high heels I'm over 7 foot tall :rose: but slim - small chest and a waist laced to ~30 inch. Thats not too bad for a man :) but currently I'm using my first self-made corset which isn't too great at all. Currently I'm designing a new one based on my experiences with the first one. And then I'll go on! I just love corsets!

What a cool forum nickname!! If you are considering pumps then you should read some of the many posts by "roniheels" who has worn pumps, and other very feminine styles for years as a man and not trying to pass as a woman or anything. He just works them into an array of different outfits and is able to go about his business while wearing stiletto heels. Bsides, these days with girls' bootcut jeans you could wear some 4-5" stiletto heels and only the bottom inch or two would show so what are you waiting for??? And I'm only talking about the closed toe style of pumps. You could also wear the peep toe kind as well but might be anxious to show your toes. Like "roniheels" I also love stiletto heels and any kind of higher (5"/12.5cm or higher) as I have great balance, decent-lloking legs, and am only 5' 8.5" (174cm) tall and we two are the tip of the iceberg. This forum is all about sharing and encouraging others to enjoy life from " a higher perspective."

HappyinHeels

Happy - thanks for the advice & tips - I'll check out roniheels' posts for more info.

At this point I doubt that I could go out wearing pumps in public, even under a pair of jeans. I'm not even sure that my GF would be into that, but if we're ever shopping for shoes for her, and she gives me the typical female challenge to try heels (she's done it before) I'll say "sure" & see if she likes the idea. But I think that for now I'll keep the pumps at home. I could probably get away with the right pair of women's clogs or ankle-high boots with a 3" heel, as long as the front part of the shoe doesn't look too girly. Just have to get some jeans with slightly longer legs to cover some of the heel.

Happy - thanks for the advice & tips - I'll check out roniheels' posts for more info.

At this point I doubt that I could go out wearing pumps in public, even under a pair of jeans. I'm not even sure that my GF would be into that, but if we're ever shopping for shoes for her, and she gives me the typical female challenge to try heels (she's done it before) I'll say "sure" & see if she likes the idea. But I think that for now I'll keep the pumps at home. I could probably get away with the right pair of women's clogs or ankle-high boots with a 3" heel, as long as the front part of the shoe doesn't look too girly. Just have to get some jeans with slightly longer legs to cover some of the heel.

Get the guts to wear a skirt and heels at the same time! I haven't bought pumps yet but I have worn wedge heel sandals with a skirt while I was going to a salon to get my hair styled. As Martin Luther said, "Sin boldly":smile:

Get the guts to wear a skirt and heels at the same time! I haven't bought pumps yet but I have worn wedge heel sandals with a skirt while I was going to a salon to get my hair styled. As Martin Luther said, "Sin boldly":smile:

That's just not something I'm interested in doing. Like a lot of other things, different people have different motives for doing what they do. There really is no wrong answer.

For me, I'm just interested in the shoes and finding something that I can work into my current wardrobe without wearing skirts, etc. I don't think that I could pull off the skirt & heels look - I'm more interested in wearing a pair of heels that goes well with my dress pants.

I am wanting to start wearing pumps, but for now I'm going to keep that at home. As someone just starting out in the world of men wearing heels, my comfort level is not yet to the point of wearing them in public. So when I do start wearing heels in public, I'm going to start with something a little more "unisex" looking for now. Over time I might start wearing pumps out of the house, but I really have no interest in wearing other things like skirts, etc.

But that's the enjoyment of it - just wear what you want and have fun. Whatever works for you, that's cool. Us guys who like heels need to support each other if we want to gain acceptance for wearing them.

Cheers!

Skirts are the best! I am aways wearing suits for work, but that always means skirt suits for me, although practicality demands I still wear trouser suits about 1/3rd of the time. Sigh! I personally think its hard to beat the look and comfort of a fitted skirt that hits you just above the knee. If you don't want the firmer fit of a pencil skirt you can go for the A-line which is universally flattering. Skirts are just as warm in winter (wear stockings) and far cooler in summer. They look better too! I find trousers that suit heels just about impossible to find because mens trousers don't have the right length. High heels and trouser cuffs just don't seem to mix well for me. I always get my trouser in the back of my shoe, or my buckles on slingbacks etc catch the trousers, for these reasons I think the trousers need to have more length covering the shoes, or a lot less length such as a 3/4 pant. But I never get enough length in the leg. Its just a matter of doing what you feel like. I find heels and skirts a sensible combination as they truely go together both aesthetically and practically(Hard to quantify practically without writing a book but other wearers will know what I mean) The funny thing is I get far more questions about 'why a skirt?', than I get for 'why stiletto heels?' Cheers Heel-Lover

Afai can say right now i chose "Just Man in Heels?", cause i'd rather tend to wear just the shoes with my normal attire, which is not skirts, hose, etc.

But u never know, maybe that changes over time. We'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted "just a man in heels", however my favorite styles are the strappy sandals. In the winter I wear knee high hose so I can see the polished toes that go so well with the sandals. I believe I will try pumps this winter to see if I get the same feeling of enjoyment/contentment/satisfaction that I get with the sandals. Wearing heels just seems "right" when I do it.

I voted "just a man in heels", however my favorite styles are the strappy sandals. In the winter I wear knee high hose so I can see the polished toes that go so well with the sandals. I believe I will try pumps this winter to see if I get the same feeling of enjoyment/contentment/satisfaction that I get with the sandals. Wearing heels just seems "right" when I do it.

You should get the same feeling and enjoyment from wearing pumps because they're woman's shoes that have high heels. The same goes for boots. to me, it doesn't matter because the real point is that I am wearing my "women's shoes. Style and heel height really do not matter because I enjoy them all.