Feminine or Masculine?

johnieheel

Fem or Masc?  

691 members have voted

1. 1. Fem or Masc?

When wearing heels, I prefer to wear pantyhose also as it will make life easier to put them on.

In addition I do wear a skirt at times, also for the comfort, not top dress up or so.

Looking back in time, heels for men were accepted as recent in the flower power era (late 60's early 70's), hence why now so much fuss.

Skirts were worn by men till late 19th century, traded for trousers as such would be easier in the industrial setting.

I guess that the basic question would be why is acceptance difficult whilst it use to be normal?

As a whole, people don't care about what went on in history. They are only concerned with the things that happen in their life now. They tend to uphold the status quo, to be narrow-minded, and they focus on what is best for them.

Society is continuously supporting its stand that heeling is feminine and until enough men publicly wear heels, this attitude won't change. Due to some sightings of men in heels and other civil liberty movements, social attitudes have softened to where people are aware of alternate lifestyles.

Then again, since the post world wars of the 40's and the noted teenage rebellions from the 50's, the number of social identity changes have escalated. The world conditions, the movie and the music industries, the civil right causes, and etc. influenced the younger generations of each period. The so-called police actions of the 60's and 70's caused many of the youth to question their leaders. The hippie movement in the U.S. was probably the most radical as they pushed a non-committal lifestyle with an anti-establishment idea, because society was viewed as not caring about their importance. There has been many other fads and ideas that caught hold for a time which changed the way people considered life, but none have really considered the importance of individual perceptions until the homophilia concept became a social factor. For the first time in modern history, people were self-evaluating to determine who they are and they became sensitive to the actions and opinions of others. Women were already in many of the roles men had dominated earlier, but realizing there were a lot of men with feminine qualities was more than society was prepared to or wanted to handle. Besides, it went against all the stereotyping society had been promoting.

In this sketchy synopsis, I have left out many details, but you can get an idea of some reasons society has been softened towards the concept of men wearing high heels. It may be viewed as a feminine exhibition, but until men are publicly making a stand for their right to choose, this social attitude will continue. Gender is a theory that was adopted while society tried to control what people could choose for their own adornment. We were told it is a social crime to choose items of attire that was decided by other people to be prohibited. It is time to reclaim what has always been ours: The right to decide the things we will wear for our own appearance. If we desire to wear it and we have provided the means to possess it, then the item is for us. Yes, women have the right to wear ugg boots, trousers, tattooes, and etc. if they want.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I voted "more feminine" even though the only other thing I wear with high heels, sometimes, is some nylons (white, black, fishnets, tan, etc.). Most of the time it is just with jeans though.

I would vote for more feminine as I enjoyed wearing nylon stocking for a very long time. I was somewhat curious about how high heels would feel but did not have an easy way to obtain them. Now with the internet, it's opened a lot of doors that lets you experiment. Now that I have some high heels I really enjoy the feeling it gives me. Even my wife enjoys me putting them on during what I would refer to as "play time".

HiStiletto, You are so articulate on this forum that, even when you leave out "a few details", your message is conveyed with all the volume originally intended. Your points on men taking charge of their own destiny are excellent. My old refrain is always worth mentioning; liberty never means more than when it is threatened and freedom is that unstoppable spirit in humans to interact with one another without interference of tyrants. I would add another more recent motto: "The person that waits too long to take their first step shall be squashed by another who did not." May all who seek self confidence here scribe it and remember it each time they step out into the world to lay claim to what they justify as rightly theirs! HappyinHeels:wavey:

• 5 weeks later...

Steve63130, Alas, if only I could clone all those who appreciate me, I might be able to try some stand-up comedy! Actually I look to daily life for a steady dose of things to make me laugh or I could just look in the mirror and laugh even louder. Seriously though I am honored to be here and participating in this far-flung and thoughtful community. I do a lot of report writing on occasionally sensitive material and am surrounded by younger workers with college degrees who find it amazing I do not. My answer to that is I helped my parents when they needed it most and instead went into the military to get the training and education I sought. I don;t regret the decision.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Histellto @HappyInHeels - enjoyed reading your posts - very well thought out and clear. I still think masculine, if you take the heels further than just footwear then we are stepping into the female clothing territory. Though everyone should be allowed to choose what they want and want to wear. I love boots - but I still incorporate them into my guy clothes when out in public and at work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Masculine, but I do love the feel of a tight pencil skirt clinging to my hips, and looking at my figure in the mirror...:smile: In a skirt I find I sit more carefully and sweep it under me before I sit... I'm still getting used to the heels though:unsure:

I voted masculine but now as I read a lot of your comments, I really don´t know haha maybe for both looks (last halloween party I enjoyed being dressed like a girl, mostly because I was wearing a pair of high heels but I also felt comfortable with my femenine look),

Ditto that, though I have worn pantyhose with my shoes many times, to enhance the overall appearance.

I've seen myself in a dress. It's not a pretty sight.

lol

You just need to find the dress or skirt that fits your personality. It can be done. Besides dresses and skirts are a lot more comfortable.

I suppose I am somewhere in the middle as well.

I voted as a guy in heels but I do wear skirts/ stockings and pumps during the day etc if I feel inclined because I prefer the look. I want to show-off the shoes because that is what I like, and I can't do it with more traditional masculine clothes because they all cover the ankles etc.. and shorter/ capris style trousers don't suit finer heels - which is what I prefer. (may-be fitted knee length shorts would work?)

I used to wear my heels under trousers etc but everyone knew I was wearing a heel (I am kidding myself if I say the sound and/or my altered walk was not noticeable) so I figured why not just suit myself and show the shoes and a bit of leg too.

I am not into blouses/ make-up/ earrings etc.. (ankle bracelets - yes, but that is as far as I go).

Heel-Lover

P.S. Skirts are so very comfortable compared to trousers so why not take the option?

Earrings also add to the allure of the outfit that is being presented. Me personally I have been complimented by men and women alike on my choice of clothing heels and accessories.

• 3 weeks later...

show off. Your legs look better than mine. My ex says I have damn good looking legs. Especially in heels and hose.

I wish my girlfriend said the same! I'd love to hear that every now and then!

"I actually find wearing womens attire more comfortable than mens traditional clothing. They are looser fitting, light weight and not as binding or bulky as mens clothing. And womens style is better looking also" pebblesf, I feel the same way and I also think that gender should be removed from clothing thus removing the hate you see by closed minds even just a little.

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

"I actually find wearing womens attire more comfortable than mens traditional clothing. They are looser fitting, light weight and not as binding or bulky as mens clothing. And womens style is better looking also" pebblesf, I feel the same way and I also think that gender should be removed from clothing thus removing the hate you see by closed minds even just a little.

In my country a woman can wear ANYTHING masculine (without negative ractions), so maybe you should talk about male appearance and fashion only.

In my earlier post in this thread I said I was just a guy in heels.But in the past weeks I have enjoyed seeing women wearing high boots teamed with leggings and knitted dresses.So today I plucked up the courage to go into town and purchase some leggings and picked up a cowl kneck knitted jumper dress.I must admit it was a good experience and even if I do say so myself looks quite good. I may even go out for a stroll in the outfit later!

In my earlier post in this thread I said I was just a guy in heels.But in the past weeks I have enjoyed seeing women wearing high boots teamed with leggings and knitted dresses.So today I plucked up the courage to go into town and purchase some leggings and picked up a cowl kneck knitted jumper dress.I must admit it was a good experience and even if I do say so myself looks quite good.

I may even go out for a stroll in the outfit later!

So how did it go?

I also feel it's time to end gender based clothing that men should have the same fashion rights as the woman have enjoyed for 60 years. Equality in Fashion!

• 1 month later...

I agree regarding the comfort and style aspect of the female attire. Although I do succumb to xdressing regularly, I only wear women's designer jeans and a nice blouse when in public. The dresses and skirts are left for the house, since the last time I was out in one I was almost arrested. As I have said before, I live in a backward part of the country and hope that 'change' in thinking about attire will come soon. But all I can do is hope.

Guess I've always missed this thread.... I've always wants to present myself as a guy in heels, OK, with long pants (sometimes purchased from the men's department) and sometimes in skirts - and tights (purchased from the woman's department) When I go into a woman's clothing store to shop for items, sometimes it was assumed I would be dressed in drag. They would bring out frilly feminine clothing - lace skirts, feminine prints, even a few feminine accessories (a shawl and once a boa!). Then, I tell them my goal. "I want to present myself as best I can as a tall man in a skirt or pants wearing heels" If I'm already in a skirt, I'll say, "Like this - professional - but as I'm relatively new to wearing skirts -I'm willing to try different looks. But I don't plan - to ever try to be like a woman." Once I added something like, "It's you ladies that get to look pretty, me I'm going for "professionally provocative - in a subtle way." I got a big smile, I liked that!

While I respect people who explore the feminine thing, I have never really been attracted to it myself. Its just something about high heels (stilettos in particular) that facinates me so I have always been trying to just appear as a guy in heels :smile: (well, in private for the time being anyway, but confidence is still growing despite certain issues arising :wave:)

I think that the whole crossdr...whatever thing is a gender biased term and concept,since it is applied to men only and if a guy is not putting fake parts,identities and etc. should speak of freestylying and gender equality in terms of fashion.

For me it's a changing thing. A few years ago I was like 70-30 femme. Now i feel just like a guy in heels. Although i still like pantys, frilly socks etc. There is still a private vs public split. At home I'm more femme. An ideal i'd like to go public. I've only heeled in public for a week but that whole experience has changed my perspective on myself. The private me is on the wane. The public me , in heels , is far more important. Otherwise whats the point? For me it's not about CD TV HS gender dys etc. I'm not going to hide away at home. I'd rather be on the local high street man in heels shopping. I'm not trying to denigrate those who would remain private or those who are TV etc.. or those who cling to masculine/feminine stereotypes. Right now the masc/fem thing is redundant. I'm a guy in heels. A man wearing culturally defined womens clothing apparel. A man happy to embrace any or all or none of human cultural history. A masculine woman. A feminine man. He's a woman. She's a man. In answer to what's the point? It's about action not definitions. It's about being seen and heard ( click-clack) I have acted this past week beyond my usual behavioural parameters. I have defined myself. I don't need or want anyone else to define me. Of course people will define me. He's a puff/ponce/gay etc. Thats their problem not mine. And I will always smile and blow kisses to them. My actions speak louder than words. After training tomorrow morning I fully intend to walk to the local village market in my new 3" stiletto boots. I may have a new definition for you by tomorrow nite. Love you all you heelers you. xx:smile:

"You put high heels on and you change" M. Blahnik