Feminine or Masculine?

johnieheel

Fem or Masc?  

691 members have voted

1. 1. Fem or Masc?

Well, I voted for being just a guy in heels, but I suppose I really would fit somewhere in between the two choices. However, one thing that I very strongly feel needs to be said is that skirts really aren't feminine! :thumbsup: If the truth be told, it was the gals who "stole" the skirts from the guys! What? Don't believe me??? Check it out! In times past men wore skirts for both work and battle while the women wore a much longer garment - more on the order of an ankle-lenght dress. It seems that men needed the mobility that skirts afford while the gals were confined to more domestic projects. Just where and when the gals took over the skirts, I really don't know. But there are nations who dress their men up in skirts - or kilts - until this day. I know that the Greeks have certain army units that wear skirts, and everyone knows about the Scots. Well I'm quite sure that there are others around who do likewise. So now that we have that bit of news, I no longer consider skirts as being feminine attire! It belonged to us guys first, and now I aim to reclaim it! :welcome:

Keep on stepping,

Guy N. Heels

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also voted for just masculine originally as well. But of late, I've come to enjoy wearing skirts with my heels and I don't see this as any sort of gender issue when it comes to clothing. As things stand at present, I wouldn't be adverse to wearing a dress in public sometime in the future.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Oh, good one..... I can't vote...I am totally on the fence. For me, being a guy who had a girlfriend who encouraged me to got out in drag, but try to look like a real chick while doing it....I can see the how guys get into the nylons and skirt thing. I also have long hair so the drag thing went over very easy. I thought that Nylons and a skirt really helped to show off the heels way better then anything, but I was in stilletoes...So I think that is totally different then say the boots in your profile picture. I dig thoes boots quite well, and if I owned that pair, Jeans would be the way to go all the way. Tonight I am wearing a new pair of stilletoes I got myself for Christmas...and I just threw on a pair of knee high nylons and never got out of my work jeans. I would say that I like both worlds and guys should have the same choice and freedom to wear either. The way I see it, if nylons and skirts = Fem shouldn't girls wearing sneakers and jeans = masculine? It is all about gender identaty again. I think a manly man in a t-shirt, a skirt, nylons and high heels is just as manly to me as a great pair of high heeled boots with Jeans...But that is just me. =o) Check out this guy....Dale Miller on google. He is a good example of what I am talking about. This guy is very cool and I totally love what he is doing. I hope to one day make the leap into this world of being free with what I want to wear in public.

If the truth be told, it was the gals who "stole" the skirts from the guys! What? Don't believe me??? Check it out! --- Just where and when the gals took over the skirts, I really don't know.

Facts about anything are lost on today's generation. You can relate them until you are blue in the face :welcome: and people today won't hear you....:thumbsup:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba136:-) No matter the topic, todays generation won't hear you because they don't want to hear you. Their attitude is that they can say or do anything they want to whoever they want and who is to say any different. They don't even value themselves much less anyone else. And when they raise their children, things can be much worse. Being out in the pubic, unfortunately I deal with this all of the time. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Facts about anything are lost on today's generation. You can relate them until you are blue in the face :welcome: and people today won't hear you....:thumbsup:

To tell you the truth, the same holds true for yesterday's generation too. Just as closedminded as today's, if not moreso in some cases.

I've noticed a lot of guys here are into skirts, hose, etc.

My question is do you want to be just a MAN IN HEELS or Enjoy dressing more like a girl with all the fem? Skirts, hose etc.

Myself, I just want to be a guy in heels with my blue jeans and t-shirt or (guy clothes).

How about skirts, heels, dresses, whatever, but non-fem? It's society's perception that makes it fem, not the cut of the clothing. If you believe the latter, then walk up to the next islander you see wearing a sarong and call him a "girlie-man." Were men throughout history wearing skirts and dresses feminine? Don't think so... Don't think they used the terms "skirts" or "dresses," either.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Mackman:-) I also wear femme undergarments under my femme jeans with my heels when out in public. Much more comfort there. JeffB:-) The way you pull off your outfits, I have no doubt that if a dress were part of your outfit, you would wear it well. Your the man. Don't forget the pics in the future. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I voted in this poll quite a while ago as "just a guy in heels" because 99% of my heeling was always in guys clothes. I simply enjoyed wearing heels and frankly I am not a very feminine person outwardly. For that reason, no matter what I wore, I would be best described as a "guy in heels."

Recently, I have made an effort to expand my "heeling horizons" which has led to some additional experimentation. JeffB describes my current feelings pretty well in this post:

I also voted for just masculine originally as well. But of late, I've come to enjoy wearing skirts with my heels and I don't see this as any sort of gender issue when it comes to clothing. As things stand at present, I wouldn't be adverse to wearing a dress in public sometime in the future.

Heeling has led me to discover women's jeans and trousers which is what I wear heeling today almost exclusively. In fact, I will wear women's pants even when not heeling. I have gone out a few times in gauchos, capris, crop pants, and even a skirt a time or two. Though I have yet to wear a skirt outside of alternative clubs where nobody really takes a second look, I am looking forward to working them into my regular rotation.

Like JeffB, I don't see any gender issue in clothing. Discovering women's clothes as a viable option has opened entire new fashion opportunities for me just as heels have and right now I am enjoying it a whole lot.

But, the original question of being a guy in heels or more feminine for me at this point in time is best answered by saying that I am just a guy in heels who also likes other garments marketed toward women. Who knows where it will lead, but I am having a ball no matter...maybe we can go dress shopping sometimes JeffB!

Style is built from the ground up!

Heeling has led me to discover women's jeans and trousers which is what I wear heeling today almost exclusively. In fact, I will wear women's pants even when not heeling. I have gone out a few times in gauchos, capris, crop pants, and even a skirt a time or two. Though I have yet to wear a skirt outside of alternative clubs where nobody really takes a second look, I am looking forward to working them into my regular rotation.

Great! I'm sure you'll find that as you integrate skirts into your "regular rotation", you'll come to enjoy wearing them more and more, just like I have.

Like JeffB, I don't see any gender issue in clothing. Discovering women's clothes as a viable option has opened entire new fashion opportunities for me just as heels have and right now I am enjoying it a whole lot.

It's only in the closed minds of society that certain articles of clothing are rigidly associated with one gender or another, and that's only been in, say, the last couple of hundred years, perhaps less than that. I won't bother going into the history of who wore what thousands of years ago, but we all know that clothing knew no boundaries in regards to gender back then.

But, the original question of being a guy in heels or more feminine for me at this point in time is best answered by saying that I am just a guy in heels who also likes other garments marketed toward women. Who knows where it will lead, but I am having a ball no matter...maybe we can go dress shopping sometimes JeffB!

HA! I'd enjoy that, my friend!

Dear Happy feat: I think today i am disagreeing with almost everybody, maybe is a bad day. Anyway i think the poll is referring how is perceived masculine or feminine for the public the way you wear your shoes and accessories. Shes is correct to say "man in heels" but how? in a very rocker or casual way it still masculine even with the pointiest and girlish stiletto, but is different than with a sexy pantyhose along with women underwear, and a girlish skirt, that may be feminine, which in anyway is not judging your manly level or your sex orientation at any moment, it is just a style. I cannot say I'm just a man in heels, because i don't dare to use my normal outfit and only wear the stilettos, so for me I'm a man that wear more than heels, for me to wear my shoes i have to add my tights , my skirt, then a group of accessories, and change my mood to explore the sensation of the feminine side, not sexual, but emotional, why? i have no clue why? but one of my objectives is to keep trying to go out (working on a real second outing) and be able to feel comfortable in public, with the idea that wearing mens' clothes and heels in public is a little risky for me (just my personal opinion and situation) and wearing the whole package, passing or not passing doesn't matter, is more logic (for me) than going out partially (congrats and all my respects to those ones with great courage that is a normal living style), in anyway we don't need to give excuses, since it is just emotions period. So maybe as a suggestion for good poll sake lets try to add up honestly what would be a public perception of our style. cheers

V. Morpho

Dear Happy feat:

I think today i am disagreeing with almost everybody, maybe is a bad day.

Anyway i think the poll is refering how is perceived masculine or femenine for the public the way you wear your shoes and accesories...

I was just posting a reply based on johnieheel's original question and how I understood it:

I've noticed a lot of guys here are into skirts, hose, etc.

My question is do you want to be just a MAN IN HEELS or Enjoy dressing more like a girl with all the fem? Skirts, hose etc.

Myself, I just want to be a guy in heels with my blue jeans and t-shirt or (guy clothes).

Though I think my response is germane to the thread and to the poll, my purpose was to express my evolution as a heeler in recent months. Having had the privilege to meet John, who is a great example himself of a "guy in heels," I know that I move more toward the feminine side by toying with other traditionally feminine clothes and accessories. If I misinterpreted the gist of this thread, please forgive me, but I was attempting to answer the question "what do you want?" not any comment on society's perceptions, or what other want.

Style is built from the ground up!

I voted Male, even with the skirt and boots I'm sure there was no mistake. Boots are Sudini, they look a bit like plain black cowboy boots with tall heel. So I had "an unexpected comment" today also. It is overcast, drizzle, etc. here today. It was laundry day for me. Since it was such an grey day I need some personal cleanup also, excess hair removal. Upon cleaning up I thought -long skirt day. I have several ankle length skirts they are an eight panel skirt with a flare at the bottom, JNY calls them trumpet skirts. Shirt was one of the off white cotton kilt shirts with the leather lace. Shoes were over-calf boots with 3" heels. Jacket was leather cut like a lapeled sport coat. I went to my local Chinese carry out. There is one lady there who seems to keep track of my wardrobe. She never really makes a comment unless I come in wearing trousers, then "just come from work?" I normally come in wearing a UK running shoes, or sandals. Today the shirt, skirt, boots, jacket looked much dresser, than the normal UK kilt outfit. As I paid; her comment was "now you are headed home", "yes". It took me a minute to realise she thought I was just coming home from work as it was just after 5PM!!! Work is usually trousers as those computers can be a bit cold and windy. It made my day! P.S. since there seems to be some interest in underwear, pantyhose, and body suit from bodysuit.com.

I voted for Fem. I may not ever pass for a girl, but deep down, I would love to wear only skirts, dresses, lingerie, hosiery and high heels all the time.

I honestly think I fall into this category, definately!

OK Jeff, How about showing them fantastic legs in the MENS LEG CONTEST?

Where is it?

No more than I have a thing for straps.

Me too! :w00t2::lmao:;-):jap::clap:

like to be androgynous - make up, earrings, nails, bracelets, scarves, stockings.... but not into dresses, skirts and only clear lipstick.

That seems like a good way to start. :grin:

"Never below 4" and always spiky"

I am very much not into looking feminine, just as I am not into trying to accentuate the masculine, either. I enjoy wearing heels. Maximillian recently posted about 8 pics of himself in a blue plaid kilt/skirt and heeled boots that was a very good example of how to mix the two well.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Hmm, I'm beggining to expirement. I think I am currently in the mood for a male/androgynous style. I've bought a pair of "Celio" Bootcut jeans for men. I couldn't resist trying my favorite 4" pumps with it. Hell, this is boosting me incredible to "go public"!!! ;-)

Hmm, I'm beggining to expirement. I think I am currently in the mood for a male/androgynous style.

I like elements from both, but complementary, not clashing. The blue plaid skirt/kilt was perfect, as plaid skirt/kilt looks natural on a guy, as does long black jacket.

I have an ankle-length "dress" that looks like nothing more than a high-collared dress robe (mandarin?). No frills. I wear it to the movies over jeans all the time.

I've worn heels with it a couple of times, but not when it's busy.

• 3 weeks later...

go public misterd and take pics to show how you look

Yeah, thanks for the advice Mackman! going out in a radius of ten meters outside my truck's cabin is no longer enough. I guess that'll happen as soon as I have a day off... thanks for the encouragement!!! ;-)

I guess I am sort of in-between with that vote (although, the latter fit more for me.) I think that heels are a very feminine thing. Despite the fact that mindset has been set by society, I just think that certain looks women have compliment heels more than the looks men have. Now that's not to say I think any of the men here should not wear heels because of that thought. Don't mistake me, I am just giving my personal view. So, personally I try to wear very tight jeans, and look very androgynous with my look so that if I were to wear my heels, they would be accompanied with long, shapely, shaved legs, very slim shirts, skinny jeans (yes, I would shave even though I'm wearing jeans), and even a female styling of my hair (I've been gravitating toward the razor cut lately). Again, not trying to start fires here. If you guys want to rock the man wearing heels look. Then go for it. I just personally want to output a different look than that.

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.

I absolutely lean toward "more feminine". I always wear panties and either a bra or bratop and womens jeans. I'm not looking to draw alot of attention to myself, It just makes me feel better. If I could take it a little further I would but I just don't have the nerve at this point.

I answered more feminine, just becasue i like the dresses and skirts, as well as all the accesories, but not trying to be a woman, just as many said exploring the fun of doing that too, but my passion is shoes and hose, thats it,

totally agree with this!! my attitude exactly!

I hope you will do it and tell us how it had been...

Last summer, I've gone in front of public wearing a skirt. As I wanted to meet people (but not too much) I went to a bank (for cash) and then I bought bread at a bakery in a village a few miles from my home. It was a big challenge and I've had some good time.

I think I will do the same thing next summer and pehraps will I wear high heels too... Wearing heels is a bigger chalenge because of the practice. I don't walk nicely yet and I want to be confidente before going out with my shoes.

About the question 'feminine or masculine'... Hey! you've got the answer above, and by seeing my album... :grin:

Wow! Congratulations!!!:w00t2:;-)

"Feminine" or "Masculine" are just two more useless labels that I simply don't subscribe to when it comes to stuff like clothes. Even though I've taken to wearing to wearing skirts and heels in public, I'm still very much a man and don't look "feminine", I look like ME! Plain and simple! Life is too short to get hung up over senseless concerns like labels. Just wear what you want, when and where you want, let society fret over what looks "Feminine" or "Masculine".

I have just been out on my heels and saw a young woman dressed in a skirt and high heels. What is the world coming to?!!!!!

sarcasm ftw?

One of my goals in life is to have enough disposable income to purchase a pair of Christian Louboutin's.