Feminine or Masculine?

johnieheel

Fem or Masc?  

691 members have voted

1. 1. Fem or Masc?

I only have my 2in cowboy boots at the moment, but I want gogo boots with 3in heel and if I could afford them, these: http://www.westernranchboots.net/graphics/bettleheels.jpg, but I am afraid I wont be able to walk in the really high ones (I am prone to tripping on the 5+ inch kerbs we have here in the city centre :)) but I try to dress in a masculine, classic way. E.g. I wear a trilby and tie my ties like an ascot, or sometimes I have my shirt open quite low with a tie slung below it; and I always flare my collars out to look like the shirts of the 60s to 80s.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Girl's view. If my husband wears heels out, I make it worth his trouble. But I don't like the danty, girlie ones on him. ie no pink, prefer no open shoes and I like him in the hourglass style chunky heel, although stilletoes are ok. When he wears boots, he wears football socks underneath. Clothes, 2 years back he gave me a long A line denim skirt, which is fitted over bum for birthday. It was one size too big, but I made him put it on and he looked great on his bum. He said it was increadabily comfortable and soft unlike normal denim jeans and asked if it was ok if he kept it. I liked the skirt and I went and got same in my size and gave straight home to try on concerned my bum didn't look as good. He won't and I don't want him to wear skirt in public, but we have gone for a drive and night time walks wearing same skirt and heels. I got us a pair of white T-shirts, male and low cut fitted female for me just to top it off. I not interested in seeing him in a dress or girlie. Doesn't suit his build or shape and does nothing for me. Sussie

G'day, Sussie, Sounds like you two really know how to agree and compromise to please both of you. That's so much better than when just the guy pursues his hobby without his partner, or in secret without his partner's knowledge. I really love your open mind and your fearless way of getting your hubby to go along with what YOU like as well as your going along with what he wants. I'd say you two have a very healthy and fun relationship. Good on yer! Maybe we can arrange to meet next time we're Down Under. Steve

As I have said many times - since there is no forbidden fashion for women - no matter how masculine it is (shoes,clothes,accessories), males also have the right to wear whatever they please.Objects do not have gender afterall.I am fed up to hear only about women's rights, how about men's rights!

As I have said many times - since there is no forbidden fashion for women - no matter how masculine it is (shoes,clothes,accessories), males also have the right to wear whatever they please.Objects do not have gender afterall.I am fed up to hear only about women's rights, how about men's rights!

If more men stopped "banging on" about mens rights, and just got on with it then it wouldnt be an issue would it. Its all in the mind, so to any guys who want to bang on about mens rights, get over it, and get on with it...

You ever hear Maximillion or Kneehighs banging on about mens rights, crying over which side of the store the clothes are on? No, they just get on with it and enjoy themselves, end of...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

If more men stopped "banging on" about mens rights, and just got on with it then it wouldnt be an issue would it. Its all in the mind, so to any guys who want to bang on about mens rights, get over it, and get on with it...

You ever hear Maximillion or Kneehighs banging on about mens rights, crying over which side of the store the clothes are on? No, they just get on with it and enjoy themselves, end of...

Maybe if more men actually do BANG then it will be mainstream for men to have fashion freedom.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... Men wearing some shoes is nothing compared to the struggle women went through to get voting rights and almost equal pay! Stop whingeing and put your heels on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again....

Men wearing some shoes is nothing compared to the struggle women went through to get voting rights and almost equal pay!

Stop whingeing and put your heels on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am talking about total fashion freedom here.Women are wearing all types of apparel that we do.Whether it is nothing or not is not up to us to say that.I think that (read it carefully)MALES SHOULD DEFEND THEIR MALE RIGHTS,as women are defending women's rights.With that sort of mindset(to defend the opposite sex rights) no wonder that there is no gender equality in terms of self-expression.About so called equal pay...it is up to the person's ability and the type of profession.Different professions - different wage.If you are not able to do something you cannot demand same payment.In my country a female accountant earns as the male one - get it.

Maybe if more men actually do BANG then it will be mainstream for men to have fashion freedom.

I'd rather see ten of us out there simply doing our thing than one of us just banging the gong. Given the fact that perhaps 1/100, if not 1/1000 actually do vs speak out, I think it would be nice if we simply did, rather than speak out.

Imagine what would happen if all of us simply decided to wear heels from this point and time, onward? Despite hhplace's reputation, I dare say it represents but a small minority of male heelers out there. Most of the male heelers I've met have never heard of it.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I'd rather see ten of us out there simply doing our thing than one of us just banging the gong. Given the fact that perhaps 1/100, if not 1/1000 actually do vs speak out, I think it would be nice if we simply did, rather than speak out.

Imagine what would happen if all of us simply decided to wear heels from this point and time, onward? Despite hhplace's reputation, I dare say it represents but a small minority of male heelers out there. Most of the male heelers I've met have never heard of it.

The best way to bang is to go out as a guy - I do not wear just heels but do it as a male,not as a female impersonator.

You folks outside the USA are so lucky, so much bull crap here about men in heels and skirts and such. If you do wear them, then you are automatically gay or at the very least bi. I love to paint my toes, either a very pretty pink with lots of clear, or a nice what I call a whore red again with lots of clear. I love to see them shine and sparkle in my open toe heels. I do like to wear lace nylons and garters along with some nice lace boy cut panties and a sheer negligee. Really turns my woman on. I'm more a lingerie person than a skirt and blouse guy, so I voted masculine.

A big second to that BS in the USA on the HHs/skirt issue! Here in Virginia, the legislature passed womens' sufferage in....get this....1953! Our current govenor & atty. general recently made new policy (by countermanding longstanding policy) that Virginia schools could no longer apply any rules against gender related discrimination. Where does conservatism stop and hatred begin? Gives me concern about being seen out heeling! Maybe I should move to San Francisco....

UpBy5

While I fully support any person who has the willpower and long term commitment to try and change the general public's perception of men wearing heels and other feminine clothing, I'm not one of those people. Unless an individual is exposed to harsh discrimination and is traumatized by it, they would probably live on and won't make a fuss or try to change things. Since I haven't experienced any such thing while dressing up in a feminine manner, I don't see any reason to act. If you wait for the day that things do change, you'll probably miss years of potential heeling fun and self fulfillment, just in order to feel more comfortable around people you don't know and never will?! How messed up is that? We only live once. I just do my thing, use my so far good judgment in deciding where and when I should put my heels on, and go out. If strangers want to think that I'm gay, TV or a TG then fine. I have nothing against people who are and I'm not insulted if strangers think that I am one of them as well. If someone wants to ask me about my choice of style then I'll explain to them exactly what I am and why I wear what I wear. This strategy has served me well so far and most of the forum members here have written about countless uneventful public outings. Remember this though. You are dressed differently and people WILL notice. MOST will ignore it beyond staring (Through confidence, you'll become less self aware and won't notice/care most of the time unless you're too insecure and try to catch people staring at you). If a stranger is childish enough to laugh behind your back, so what? They don't deserve the benefit of a reaction at all and has shown you what caliber of person they are. The odds of any other more personal negative confrontation are so low that if you do get caught up in one, it's just bad luck and any other person could potentially be caught up in it as well. I'm sure a well dressed woman is equally apprehensive while passing a group of young males who just left the bar. Most will tell you that they stay cool, look confident, ignore them and KEEP MOVING. I think that the number one message in the forum which comes up again and again from veteran heelers is this. Wearing heels in public requires SELF CONFIDENCE. You need to be confident of yourself, confident that you are not wrong/weird because of your choice of style, confident that you have the RIGHT to wear what you want and that everyone else are WRONG for their close minded views and perception of clothes/accessories being more than they really are. It's amazing how a constant of a few small steps, with each step pushing the envelope a bit , builds your overall confidence in general. What's more amazing is how YOUR confidence in your look will affect other peoples perception of you. If you seem to be comfortable in your own shoes people will care way less of what you're wearing because through your self confidence and calm, you're eliminating that awkwardness people feel when they've just spotted you. You'll no longer be that weirdo stranger guy in heels and become that nice and pleasant guy with an unconventional sense of style. You might even make people completely forget about your dress style because you've managed to show them how minuscule that detail is compared to all the rest you can offer them as an individual. My point is this. As individuals, we SHOULDNT waste any time and deny us the pleasure of dressing how we like. We SHOULD strive to build our self confidence during our public outings to the point where we DONT notice all the strangers noticing us and ignoring the more unpleasant ones. We SHOULD build our self confidence to the point where people who DO wish to get to know us will forget about our style and focus on who we are, not how we are dressed. Those individuals who get to know us, who see us strutting confidently in public will spread the word and make a few more people accepting to the notion of a high heeled male.

Tech, you can "lock" this thread. Max has said it all....and, there is noting more to be said on this subject. If it comes up again, just copy and past his last comments. He's said it so well. Thanks, Max. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bravo, Max! BRAVO! Couldn't have said it better myself! Your words had more power than just about any other commentary I've read in the years I've been a member of this forum. You HAVE to have balls of steel to do what we do, otherwise, you just won't survive, period! To everyone here, read and heed what Max said! Those are words of true wisdom!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I don't know how things are in the state Capitol there, but in the west near Roanoke things become little to conservative. The Closer you Get to the Epicenter East of Roanoke and West of Richmond the more Closed minded people become. I think you know what am speaking of and where. Its a shame really but its true.

A big second to that BS in the USA on the HHs/skirt issue! Here in Virginia, the legislature passed womens' sufferage in....get this....1953! Our current govenor & atty. general recently made new policy (by countermanding longstanding policy) that Virginia schools could no longer apply any rules against gender related discrimination. Where does conservatism stop and hatred begin? Gives me concern about being seen out heeling! Maybe I should move to San Francisco....

UpBy5

Asa V., UmmHmm, been there, got clients there. Considering the "main business" there, one would think a bit more liberalism would prevail. Well, that's ole' Virginny where there's no moss on the trees; its all on the social attitudes. UpBY5

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Max but that wasn't the question. It's not about how people react when they see me in public wearing heels. It's about " Do you as an individual prefer dressing like a man in heels or a little more on the fem side. I will admit that this thread has gone on long enough and has been answers over and over again. Thanks for your opinion anyway and I do agree with everything you said.:wave:

real men wear heels

Hi folks, not sure if I've every replied to this one or not... but for me I'd say its a little more 'girly'. I wear heels most of the time, they just look better with a skirt so I wear skirts almost all the time. I keep myself well groomed. As my style evolved and confidence grew I have evolved a little more femine style but I still want to be treated as a guy in heels...and this is the case - I always get referred to as a guy, people seem to be able to understand. cheers Heel-Lover

Hi folks,

not sure if I've every replied to this one or not... but for me I'd say its a little more 'girly'.

I wear heels most of the time, they just look better with a skirt so I wear skirts almost all the time. I keep myself well groomed.

As my style evolved and confidence grew I have evolved a little more femine style but I still want to be treated as a guy in heels...and this is the case - I always get referred to as a guy, people seem to be able to understand.

cheers

Heel-Lover

That is the best example of male freestyler - wearing whatever you please as a guy.

• 2 months later...

Just high heeled boots, preferably masculine looking that blur the line between a man's or woman's boot. Thank God the designers are coming out with designs that do just this! Other than that, jeans and henleys, turtlenecks, mock turtlenecks for the top. Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

I didn't vote either way because I'm not sure quite where this is taking me yet. I've been a closet heels wearer for years but I'm slowly starting to reveal my secret to certain close friends and since doing that and started letting go I've found myself getting strong urges to try wearing much more feminine clothing like skirts, shorts, tops and dresses and also make up. I have bought a few womens clothes but it's always been a bit of a rush job - I feel quite apprehensive about it much like when I go out shopping for heels - so the results haven't been that great. I also tried a bit of make up but it was a total car crash - looked like I'd had a fight in the make up department!! Got mascara and eye liner all over my face and nearly poked my eyes out in the process! I think I might need some female help here... But I agree with some of the previous comments that men generally don't look that great in womens clothes. Having suppressed my feelings about heels for so long, I'm determined not to do the same with these new urges to try womens clothes. It's exciting when I think about it so want to explore it. But I think that womens clothes will be something I keep for me and any prospective partner (I am single at the minute). I do, however, really like the idea of being able to venture out in heels dressed in my more usual attire and I am working (mentally) towards that day. The stumbling block for me is that I only really enjoy obviously more feminine style shoes i.e. high stilettos and mostly pointy toes which are not very discreet although I do have a taste for ballerina style flat shoes too so I think this may be my starting point (not the bright silver ones though!). So who knows! We shall see...

But I agree with some of the previous comments that men generally don't look that great in womens clothes. Having suppressed my feelings about heels for so long, I'm determined not to do the same with these new urges to try womens clothes. It's exciting when I think about it so want to explore it.

But I think that womens clothes will be something I keep for me and any prospective partner (I am single at the minute).

I do not agree - men can look great in so called women's attire as long as you compare yourself to other men,not to how it would look like on a woman,especially beautiful one.Do you think that all women would look that natural in masculine attire if they had our limitations - it is just that the eye is used to that sight.Clothing and shoes as objects can be 2 types: beautiful and such made for males and tomboyish women (they seem to be the majority these days - just look around on the street) :silly:. Men have been deprived by society to look beautiful. 2. Wearing female stuff have not prevented me from finding a woman that is with me many years.One more thing - I wear all as a freestyler,not as a female impersonator (TV,CD whatever).Fighting for gender equality through fashion for males...after all till 1940's women COULD NOT wear men's clothing,shoes and other apparel freely.There is plenty of literature on the subject if you do not believe me.One hundred years of fashion equality and men would look great in the former just women's attire in the eyes of the society.

This is an easy one for me. I only wear heels when I'm fully dressed in female clothing. Whenever I consider wearing heels in guy mode, I think, "Well, they would feel better with hose... and heels make my legs look better and I keep them shaved, so a skirt or dress would show them off... and since I'm now dressed, I might as well put on my wig and makeup..." and now I'm in my girl mode.

Just high heeled boots, preferably masculine looking that blur the line between a man's or woman's boot. Thank God the designers are coming out with designs that do just this! Other than that, jeans and henleys, turtlenecks, mock turtlenecks for the top.

Charlie

Do you have some examples? I'm closer to your way of thinking--I'd rather wear typical 'guy' clothes with some classier boots. I don't have any interest in wearing skirts or more feminine tops, but have no problem with men who do.