691 members have voted

1. 1. Fem or Masc?

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For my opinion, if it does count. Men should look masculine. I dont care if they wear heels or not, public and or private. Dressing up in feminine way is okay for parties or special occasions, but not for everyday life.

And your opinion DOES count Nina. I , and I'm sure other men are enjoying your open minded involvement. TU!

real men wear heels

It has more to do with how you feel, and self-expression, rather than any label, such as "feminine" or "masculine". I've recently become more aware of the (traditionally) "feminine" aspects of myself, and wearing heels helps bring that out. I still enjoy being "masculine", but I recognize we all have qualities typically found in both roles. Wearing some of the clothes helps to get there. I usually only wear boots underneath the pants (mens or womens). I respect the guys who can do the skirts, etc, but I don't think it's me. I'm withholding a vote on this one. Dan

• 2 weeks later...

I am a man in high heels! I choose my clothing first (men's suits and hats) then I select the appropriate pair of high heels to wear with them. I do not cross dress, but to each his own and live and let live. I am heterosexal, but some of the pictures of guys I have seen wearing skirts or dresses and heels look very handsome. And more power to them!;)

• 2 weeks later...

hard call..... i like wearing heels.... i like skirts and other feminine clothing... however i think i just love the fashion of it all..... so i tend to try to wear the low cut tight feminine jeans with my 4inch pump in a masculine way.... if that's possible (although from time to time i like to feel more feminine but i think that's more for private time only)....

• 4 weeks later...

I believe we all have a little bit of a fem side to us. Even the tough guy thugs that make fun of us when in groups. Although when out in public, I don't think I could pull off the fem look or nor would I want to as I am expressing to the public that a man CAN look good and natural wearing the right heels.

real men wear heels

I'm kinda on the fence on this one. Today I wore all "women's" clothes (except my skivvies) - wore a nice black & white top, flare leg stretch denim jeans, and my wedge platform sandals. All in all, a very nice combo, and did up my nails with platinum nail polish. It just felt so comfortable and natural that I didn't think much of it. After all this time to me, it's just clothes - I leave it up to the rest of the world to make their own observations.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Tough call on this one. Typically, the few times I have worn heels in public have been in male clothing, with pants that pretty much covered the entire shoe and heel. But then again, the only heels I really enjoy wearing are more feminine styles, as the shoe matters to me, not just the heel. I have also gone the full hose, skirt, heels, etc. route, but that was mainly so I could walk down the street in heels without looking like a man in heels. And even then, I did not pick a truly public area where there would be other people except in cars passing by. Given a choice, I would likely pick just a man in heels at this point in time. I sure as hell do not pass as a woman.

Tough call on this one. Typically, the few times I have worn heels in public have been in male clothing, with pants that pretty much covered the entire shoe and heel. But then again, the only heels I really enjoy wearing are more feminine styles, as the shoe matters to me, not just the heel. I have also gone the full hose, skirt, heels, etc. route, but that was mainly so I could walk down the street in heels without looking like a man in heels. And even then, I did not pick a truly public area where there would be other people except in cars passing by. Given a choice, I would likely pick just a man in heels at this point in time. I sure as hell do not pass as a woman.

Ron...

I too enjoy wearing men's clothes and feminine high heels. I do wear high heeled boots (men's and women's to work), but when I am on the town, I wear men's suits and feminine high heels. I don't cross dress and have nothing against those who do. I have a beard and mustache for more years that I can remember and I am folically challenged on my head. Some women enjoy dressing in dresses, skirts, or gowns. I have always enjoyed wearing suits, sport coats, and of course, stiletto heels.

• 3 weeks later...

My personal preference is pantyhose and heels, but not usually beyond that. I do like the feel of nylon and they make the shoes more comfortable on my feet. My wife surpised me one night and asked me to put on one of her skirts but the jury is still out on that.

I used to just wear heel with my guy clothes but I kept getting asked if I was gay. A female friend of mine told me to wear a dress or skirt with my heels and no one will say anything. I did and no one said anything. I liked it and keep doing it. Maybe people just assume that I am gay and don't say anything but I don't care anymore. I am not trying to pass as a woman nor could I if I tried. Just a guy in a miniskirt and the tallest heels possible. At 6'5" flatfooted with ballet boots and a miniskirt on I must be a strange sight. I think my size intimidates people not to say much as well. Strangely though I have more women hit on me dressed this way than I ever did in male clothes.

I used to just wear heel with my guy clothes but I kept getting asked if I was gay. A female friend of mine told me to wear a dress or skirt with my heels and no one will say anything. I did and no one said anything. I liked it and keep doing it. Maybe people just assume that I am gay and don't say anything but I don't care anymore. I am not trying to pass as a woman nor could I if I tried. Just a guy in a miniskirt and the tallest heels possible. At 6'5" flatfooted with ballet boots and a miniskirt on I must be a strange sight. I think my size intimidates people not to say much as well. Strangely though I have more women hit on me dressed this way than I ever did in male clothes.

I've seen other similar posts from others at this site who have said the same thing about wearing female clothing with their high heels in public. My friends, relatives, and aquaintences have point blank asked me in the past since I wore high heels, was I gay. And I have to explain to them that I am not gay, but I enjoy wearing high heels. I've also heard other stories and seen pictures of men who wear men's clothing and high heels in public, like I do, that get positive reactions from others. I guess it just depends on the observer and their state of mind. I personally have met women who give dirty looks and negative comments to me wearing high heels with men's clothing. And I have met many women who smile and engage in positive conversation concerning my attire. It just depends on the person.

....I personally have met women who give dirty looks and negative comments to me wearing high heels with men's clothing.

I found that sentence rather enlightening. Some women can be quite hypocritical when it comes to heels. While they claim to despise wearing heels, they openly take offense when men do so, as if we're intruding upon some sort of sacred territory. Talk about two faced! But again, I say some women, more enlightened members of the fairer sex have complimented me on my choice of footwear. Like you said, it depends on the person.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 2 weeks later...

Echoing most of the answers, I posted "just a man in heels"...except when I go to the clubs. I am (in my eyes) too masculine to completely dress up like a women, but from the waist down, I do wear garter-n-stockings, party heels (clear and slutty), and tight lycra skirt. Feel great in it.... When I go out (hoping to do so more frequently) around town, it's mostly in black denim or blue jeans, and 4, 4 1/2" stiletto pump-like shoes...

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

• 4 weeks later...

Can't remember if I've answered this one yet. So I'll answer here. I see myself as a man wearing clothes and shoes. I do wear female clothes when I feel like it, but never ever pretend to be anything other than a man. I feel that if you wear heels then they need to be part of an outfit that goes with them. I have not seen any photos anywhere on this forum of a man in traditional mens clothing paired with heels that didn't look ridiculous. Cheers, Ben

....snip...I have not seen any photos anywhere on this forum of a man in traditional mens clothing paired with heels that didn't look ridiculous.

Cheers,

Ben

You sound like the potty mouthed fashion police over at The Fashion Spot who just screamed "eww" at the thought of men in heels. Such criticism is useless and wont help any of the men here improve their appearance.

How about something instructive and educational instead of something so hollow and self-righteous?

edit: not trying to sound contentious, just wondering. It is after all, hhplace...not exactly a mecca of creative style wizards (myself included).

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

To me, many of the members here seem to have different views on what they feel looks and, more importantly, feels good to them while wearing heels. I think this is a great thing! I would LOVE to have even a tiny bit of the "style gene" the Kneehighs or Benno have. I love Kneehigh's looks...all of them. Don't think I could ever really pull such looks off. Not sure how comfortable I'd be. I love what he wrote about having whatever style you wear looking "natural", and "unstaged"! Personally, I'm searching for what I like to see when I wear heels, and have enjoyed it so far. Benno, Kneehighs, grwl1, and other friends here have offered great advice. Trying to actually find and shop for different clothes, on my budget and time, doesn't help me in my search. Benno has advised me to wear tops which are more feminine. I am sure this is sage advice. My only problem is trying to pull this off with a 52" chest, and a 20+" neck, without looking like I'm wearing a tent. Plus, where to shop and what size? I'd imagine a lot of the guys here also would love to be able to enhance their own look in much the same way. Most, I'd guess, are in my "shoes" as far as missing the "style gene", and are trying to glean much of the info out of this site from some of the fashionable friends here. It's hard to pigeon-hole one style as being the "it" style when there are so many differing reasons each one of us actually loves to slip on heels. Compound that with the equally vast amount of reasons in what they would wear with them, their body type, and where they wear the outfits to... I guess, on my part, I am masculine, but try to incorperate some femininity, which makes me feel so good! May never look much more than a Mr Potato-head on tooth-picks, but am gonna feel great doing it! Just please keep on helping those of us with no style gene, and we'll keep reading...and trying! :thumbsup: Thanks all!

Walking in ultra-highs because it's exciting...and it is!!

I can't really see how wearing womens clothes (skirt, hose) is 'more' acceptable if a man is wearing heels or not. I'm too masculine to be a reasonable CD'er and at the moment dont have an inclination to be one. Possibly the 'goth' look similar to Shockqueen might be more acceptable although wearing a short skirt would seem to make you stand out more sort of half-and-half.

I think Taccofans suggestions are quite good though

http://www.hhplace.org/discuss/guys/9256-feminine_masculine-2.html#post143219

Having said that I'm Scottish so do wear a kilt on occasion. If anyone's got suggestions I would be interested though....

Davemcwish

Many ladies would like to know what u wear under you kilt...

Great icebreaker...

You must be from the "McWish you had heels as high as mine" clan....

Incidentally, did you ever meet Angus McCoatup, the Scottish cloakroom attendant....

You must be a highland Scot...

Answered man in heels... I wear androgynous looking heeled shoes in public, and often with tights for comfort, all hidden under jeans. So outwardly, I am wearing all men's clothes with a bit more interesting looking shoes than a typical men's shoe would be. I don't have enough fashion sense or the looks to pull off anything more in public. I agree with kneehigh's comments - Ben, I have seen several replies from you of this type in my short time here and have to ask, what made you so sour?

HH,

Oh, he's not sour. You just have to get used to his humo"U"r is all... :o

One CAN learn a lot about style from him, though.

Thank you Scot.

I agree with kneehigh's comments - Ben, I have seen several replies from you of this type in my short time here and have to ask, what made you so sour?

The alleged sourness came from seeing so many awful photos and the masses screaming 'great look' when they clearly looked anything but.

I guess some of my humour gets lost via the internet's faceless typed landscape.

You sound like the potty mouthed fashion police over at The Fashion Spot who just screamed "eww" at the thought of men in heels. Such criticism is useless and wont help any of the men here improve their appearance.

How about something instructive and educational instead of something so hollow and self-righteous?

edit: not trying to sound contentious, just wondering. It is after all, hhplace...not exactly a mecca of creative style wizards (myself included).

I will try to be more constructive in future, but I wear heels and try my best to encourage other to do the same with some dignity and not ending up looking like a car crash waiting to be beaten up by idiots that don't see it as a right to wear what you like. If the whole outfits gels then the wearer looks like they know how to dress instead of looking like a bloke with a shoe fetish. As such they will probably get away with their teeth intact.

I hope everyone understands.

Thanks,

Ben

I'm of the heterosexual persuasion, but am fascinated by clothing and what it can do to our emotions. I have gone shopping while wearing a skirt and high-heel boots, exactly 5 times. It felt good and I had no negative feedback, but I've deceided to restrict myself to shoes. Really sexy shoes. I like pumps and high-heel clogs. Spike-heeled boots that reach the knee are cool, too. I have religious faith, but feel that what I am doing is part of life's experience.

I'm of the heterosexual persuasion, but am fascinated by clothing and what it can do to our emotions. I have gone shopping while wearing a skirt and high-heel boots, exactly 5 times. It felt good and I had no negative feedback, but I've deceided to restrict myself to shoes. Really sexy shoes. I like pumps and high-heel clogs. Spike-heeled boots that reach the knee are cool, too. I have religious faith, but feel that what I am doing is part of life's experience.

Jesus wore sandals and a dress.

I say go for it.

I would have thought that as long as your not interested in passing off as a woman and are sexually straight, then no monotheistic religion in the world would have any cause to complain.

Regards,

Ben