gj

Who has bought some new shoes

On 9/16/2018 at 8:19 PM, mlroseplant said:

My latest pair, BGBGirls snakeskin print mules in a sort of a silvery-nude color. They were a bit tight at first, but have broken in nicely with a minimum of discomfort. Also, they are low enough (4 1/2" with a smallish platform) to where they're not much of a challenge to walk in. I've had really good luck with BCBG shoes (the cheap lines). Hopefully, these will continue that trend.

Not a big fan of slides and platforms, but these are cute!

Great calssic pumps with toe cleavage - a favorite of mine hernaezjames.  Sandals are pretty cool as well.  Was that something else wrapped around your ankle above the shoes?

Edited by Tech
Do not quote the actual images themselves.

Here are my latest.  They are from Aldo but I got them secondhand for less than $20!  Peach sandals with a cork bottom.

heels.jpg

heels2.jpg

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:43 PM, Mr. X said:

Here are my latest.  They are from Aldo but I got them secondhand for less than $20!  Peach sandals with a cork bottom.

heels.jpg

heels2.jpg

Wow - really stunning, @Mr. X - looking forward to seeing you wearing them on outings and other fun stuff!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

A recente acquisition, ankle strap pumps with back bow.

They are the "Drielly Suede Pump", from brazilian brand Schutz.

Hope you like them :fine:

20938724_1442262585857669_1484483110_n.jpg

20945509_1442262682524326_143543518_o.jpg

Edited by DeSalto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I picked up a couple new pairs recently, and they are both a departure for me in that they both have significantly higher platforms than I would normally wear. I think I was sucked in by the price and the sheer heel height.

First up is a pair of Sam Edelman clogs in black, model "Flair." Colder weather is upon us in the Northern Hemisphere, and I'm always looking for the perfect pair of clogs to wear during the winter season. I didn't go horribly wrong here, though I wish the platform weren't quite so thick, it's disguised enough that it doesn't offend my eye. They have 5 1/2" heels, and 1 3/8" platforms, giving me just the right amount of lift at this point in my heeling journey. I have worn these out a couple of times, and I can't tell you whether I love them or not yet. I got my normal size of 8 1/2, and they were a little bit on the big side. The addition of some ball-of-foot pads made them fit just right. The pads are not really necessary for comfort, as there seems to be plenty of padding, but they do make the clogs fit me much better. They are pretty easy to walk in, but not the most stable platforms I have ever known in my life. Luckily, I have strong ankles, so this doesn't discourage me.

Next up is a pair of Stella McCartney platform open toed mules, model name unknown. Frankly, I have no idea why I bought these. They are not really my style, and they are so chunky and funky for my small frame, I'm not sure what they would look good with. Furthermore, I did not realize they are not leather, despite being a high-priced designer brand (more about that in a minute). Like the Edelmans, they also have 5 1/2" heels, but with an even thicker, totally exposed platform of 1 1/2". I will give them one thing: They are ridiculously easy to walk in. We will see what happens next summer. Maybe I'll warm up to them. As a footnote, I paid about 50 USD for these sandals, used, not perfect, but in very good condition, just a few minor scuffs. As is usual when one makes purchases online, I got more ads and auctions for the same thing, and one of these auctions wanted 300 bucks for these! What?!?

IMG_9812.PNG

IMG_9813.PNG

IMG_9814.PNG

IMG_9815.PNG

• Like 6

mlroseplant,

I actually adore the second pair! The height is in the range of 90% of my daily wear heels as is the color of the bottom. I have a lot of heels which are neutral color, or cork covered, or made of wood on the bottom. I have few mules but this is one I would have bought. It's a sassy heel that says you really don't want to be messed with. HappyinHeels

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The second one is my style. Easy to walk in, comfortable.

Edited by Cali

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, DeSalto said:

These look fab! So delicate and femme: love the super-thin heel, the ankle strap and the bow too!  ENJOY!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2018 at 7:50 AM, DeSalto said:

A recente acquisition, ankle strap pumps with back bow.

They are the "Drielly Suede Pump", from brazilian brand Schutz.

Hope you like them :fine:

20945509_1442262682524326_143543518_o.jpg

Beautiful shoes, love the toe cleavage and exposed ankle.

On 10/6/2018 at 3:33 PM, jeremy1986 said:

These look fab! So delicate and femme: love the super-thin heel, the ankle strap and the bow too!  ENJOY!

Yes. Those are sweet 

I have long had a rather soft spot in my interest in the female styles with instep strap(s) or ankle strap.  It all goes back to my discovery in kindergarten there was a difference about black patent being girls' shoes and they were Mary-Janes. Those look great and congratulations on your find.

My latest acquisition is yet another pair of clogs (surprise, surprise). In the back of my mind, I think I'm going to avoid wearing boots this winter. This delusion will last exactly until the first deep snow. These are BCBGeneration, model name unknown. They have 5 inch heels with 1 inch platforms. They were incredibly comfortable right out of the box, and there WAS a box, as these have never been worn, but are not factory fresh. See my comments about that in my thread elsewhere on this forum.

IMG_9823.JPG

IMG_9822.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

My latest acquisition is yet another pair of clogs (surprise, surprise). In the back of my mind, I think I'm going to avoid wearing boots this winter. This delusion will last exactly until the first deep snow. These are BCBGeneration, model name unknown. They have 5 inch heels with 1 inch platforms. They were incredibly comfortable right out of the box, and there WAS a box, as these have never been worn, but are not factory fresh. See my comments about that in my thread elsewhere on this forum.

IMG_9823.JPG

IMG_9822.JPG

I love these shoes.  I am a sucker for the steampunk look.  Brown leather, buckles, gold rivets, what more could you ask for?

• Like 3

No, these aren't heels, far from it, but I've longed to own a traditional pair of women's penny loafers for years and found what I've sought from Long Tall Sally, a website devoted to clothing, shoes and outerwear for tall women. These shoes are the "Vivian" chain trim loafer which looks cool!

LTS-vivian.jpg

• Like 2

I have bought my first pair of what could really be called "designer" shoes. I saw this pair of Jimmy Choo pumps on ebay, and something in me just had to have them. They weren't TOO too expensive, but they were enough that I would have felt bad had they not fit, which thankfully they do. I'll have to experiment with some heel grippers because these have the same problem that most pumps have for me--it's very easy to walk right out of them. However, despite the high heel height (5 3/4" with 1 1/4" platform), they're not bad at all to walk in. They already have a rubber protector on the soles, which I would get eventually with any platform shoe. They are beautifully made, at any rate. However, I'm not going to be looking for any more designer shoes in the future for the sake of owning designer shoes. They ain't all that.  .  .

IMG_9848.PNG

IMG_9849.PNG

• Like 5

On 10/13/2018 at 1:43 PM, mlroseplant said:

IMG_9823.JPG

IMG_9822.JPG

Where did you find those???

On 10/6/2018 at 8:37 AM, mlroseplant said:

I picked up a couple new pairs recently, and they are both a departure for me in that they both have significantly higher platforms than I would normally wear. I think I was sucked in by the price and the sheer heel height.

First up is a pair of Sam Edelman clogs in black, model "Flair." Colder weather is upon us in the Northern Hemisphere, and I'm always looking for the perfect pair of clogs to wear during the winter season. I didn't go horribly wrong here, though I wish the platform weren't quite so thick, it's disguised enough that it doesn't offend my eye. They have 5 1/2" heels, and 1 3/8" platforms, giving me just the right amount of lift at this point in my heeling journey. I have worn these out a couple of times, and I can't tell you whether I love them or not yet. I got my normal size of 8 1/2, and they were a little bit on the big side. The addition of some ball-of-foot pads made them fit just right. The pads are not really necessary for comfort, as there seems to be plenty of padding, but they do make the clogs fit me much better. They are pretty easy to walk in, but not the most stable platforms I have ever known in my life. Luckily, I have strong ankles, so this doesn't discourage me.

Next up is a pair of Stella McCartney platform open toed mules, model name unknown. Frankly, I have no idea why I bought these. They are not really my style, and they are so chunky and funky for my small frame, I'm not sure what they would look good with. Furthermore, I did not realize they are not leather, despite being a high-priced designer brand (more about that in a minute). Like the Edelmans, they also have 5 1/2" heels, but with an even thicker, totally exposed platform of 1 1/2". I will give them one thing: They are ridiculously easy to walk in. We will see what happens next summer. Maybe I'll warm up to them. As a footnote, I paid about 50 USD for these sandals, used, not perfect, but in very good condition, just a few minor scuffs. As is usual when one makes purchases online, I got more ads and auctions for the same thing, and one of these auctions wanted 300 bucks for these! What?!?

IMG_9812.PNG

IMG_9813.PNG

IMG_9814.PNG

IMG_9815.PNG

Dude - - where are you finding these clogs??? I've been looking for some like this !!

1 hour ago, Heelster said:

Dude - - where are you finding these clogs??? I've been looking for some like this !!

The season is over for these. I call them mules. I got two pairs of suede SM Manners and they were gone. When you see these you got to act fast.  

My mules...always on the look out for these.

mulesH.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heelster said:

Where did you find those???

I found them in the same place I get 99% of my shoes: On eBay. Although I have no problem walking into a shoe store and trying on shoes, I just prefer to get things from eBay. The first reason is price--I can get shoes slightly used for a fraction of the price, and that's ok with me. The second reason is that there is no season to be missed as @Cali alluded to. All of my clogs are non-current models, and are most probably several years old, as I am having that problem with the inner liner deteriorating. 

I have certain searches that I do almost on a daily basis, and sometimes I get lucky and find something really nice like these clogs. I would estimate that I have a 75-80% success rate with eBay, the great disadvantage being that you can't try stuff on. So 20-25% of the time, I wind up rejecting new purchases for one reason or another. It's kind of a game with me. The Sam Edelman clogs fit me so well, and the BCBG clogs are fantastic, too. Sometimes you get lucky!

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 2:47 PM, mlroseplant said:

IMG_9848.PNG

@mlroseplant - these heels looks great. The chunky heel  and added platform will make them easy, comfy and pleasurable for you to wear. I have  a similar pair, but not JC ;-)

Enjoy!! 

• Like 1