Just In Case You Think No One Notices

RonC

I am hoping this link works.  It is apparently from a Jewish site and features three guys walking around a shopping mall in heels.  I am not sure if they were actually trying to attract attention or not, but attrract attention they did.  I do find it rather unfortunate that most of the attention was in the form of laughs and giggles.  If the link is not clickable, maybe it can be cut and pasted.

https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/lebanonnews/538064-men-in-heels

Definitely looks staged to me.  I am all for shining the spotlight on us, but not when it hurts our cause.  And I don't see any good coming out of this.  On another note I thought the guys looked really good!

Amazing! And for a predominately Muslim part of the world, even more so. Maybe there is a chance for world peace after all. The smiles speak volumes.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Those that witnessed these guys wearing heels can attest that high heels are not just being worn by women. As such occurrences happen more often, people won't be so apt to think men in heels is just for comedic skits or passing fads. We know men have been and are wearing high heels, so lets join or meet with the right crowds to make them more aware of these facts. There will always be the nay-sayers who want to take away our choice to wear heels. Even women have been and are having to deal with these anti-high heel wearers.  

Well to me wearing heels in order to say "I respect women" or "I am against rape" is just off topic.

It suggests that until know wearing heels was imposed to women in order to turn them into sexual objects, and these guys are reminding everybody that it is rather a free fashion choice anybody can take. While I support the second part, I disagree with the first.

Saying that does not prevent anybody to fight against rape or to respect women, or to have fun wearing heels ! But women of all countries have suffered rape and were disrepected. Even where heels are only for the healthiest.

Anyway, those men are handsome and did a good job assembling their outfit. Their look is much better than the guys at the "walk a mile in her shoes" events, (i know the latter are doing so in order to best display their shoes, but why not choose to show beautiful outfits instead of ill coordinated ones).

Definitely looks staged to me.  I am all for shining the spotlight on us, but not when it hurts our cause.  And I don't see any good coming out of this.  On another note I thought the guys looked really good!

Staged?  With that many camera shots, of course it was. However, the guys pulled it off with style, but it was a little hard to read the confidence they were trying to project, they may have invited some of the levity.  I read most of the reactions as surprise, which is to be expected, rather than ridicule.  After all most of the time guys in heels are encountered one at time (when encountered at all) rather than a group of guys looking good.  One guy is easy to ignore but three at once almost requires notice, which I suspect was the goal.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Not a Jewish web site but Lebanese. It says: "NOW is the online source for news, features, analysis and much more, covering Lebanon, the Lebanese diaspora and the Middle East."

I thought the guys looked good. What's the problem?

Steve

Not a Jewish web site but Lebanese. It says: "NOW is the online source for news, features, analysis and much more, covering Lebanon, the Lebanese diaspora and the Middle East."

I thought the guys looked good. What's the problem?

Steve

Exactly. 

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

The guys did look quite chic indeed! Don't think that mall was there in 1983 when I was in Beirut but then it was a very different place then with the civil war going on. Before then it was the Las Vegas of the Middle East. Lebanon is a mostly Christian country (the only other country with a non-Muslim majority there is Israel) which uses Arabic and French but English is also widely used. If more men did this all over the world, irrespective of any campaign or movement, then heels on men will just blend into the everyday backdrop. HappyinHeels

The more guys in heels get out there, the more it will become normal and therefore not invite ridicule. The first women to wear trousers were spat at.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

My mistake on the location.  

It was obviously staged, and quite honestly, without the camera being trained on them, it is unlikely that the three guys would have drawn that amount of attention.  And I'm also sure that the the crowd reaction shots that were picked to be included in the video were those that showed the most emotion.  Still a little bothersome to me that laughs and snickers were the primary reaction that was shown here.  

Folks DO notice, but they may not comment.  It has been quite a while since anyone has commented about on heels (and that is fine with me), but twice this week comments have been made.  "Those are fancy shoes," and "I like your sandals," were the initial comments with short conversations in passing about how nice my heels looked.  

I thought it was great.   Folks do notice…..  See ya, sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 3 weeks later...

The text underneath was interesting, saying that "they wore the high heels to show respect for women as International Women’s Day approaches." (that was a little while ago now.)

And  “Because she is a woman, I respect her from head to heels.” “The concept behind this video is showing respect and appreciation for women,”

All good words in my opinion :)

"A man cannot make a pair of shoes rightly unless he do it in a devout manner" - Thomas Carlyle

There are two sides to this issue of being noticed: wearing heels because you enjoy it and hope that no one notices, or wearing heels with the realization that people will notice so you just go for it.

I have been on both sides of the issue.  When I first started wearing women's boots, I wore them under my jeans with never a thought of wearing them fully exposed.  This period lasted for a long time then finally one day I walked into a Cracker Barrel restaurant wearing a pair of crotch high boots with stiletto heels and I've never looked back.

If you're wearing a low heel, people really might not notice.  I've had people not notice I was wearing stiletto thigh boots. But if it is a slender high heel, people will notice.  The reaction you get is proportional to the confidence you project, and that is the key to the whole issue.

If you're on the hide my heels side of the issue, realize that it doesn't work and you're going to make yourself miserable with worry.

The bottom line is people will notice so you might as well give them something good to see. Heels are meant to be stylish shoes.  Wear them with confidence and  in a manner that shows off their style.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for a short vacation with my wife last week (to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary). We attended a convention of antique mechanical musical instrument collectors (music boxes, reed organs, player pianos, large outdoor organs, theater organs, etc.). There were about 200 people attending and we went on numerous bus tours to museums, private collections, and a theater in downtown Miami. I wore hh sandals every day. Many of the people know us and have seen us before, and we have some close friends we see often, but there were strangers we'd never met before, too. So there I was in heels, with manicure and pedicure in a copper satin color - not real obvious but not hidden at all, carrying a black shoulder bag, wearing women's boot cut jeans, and having a great time. I wore my new White Mountain "Terrace" sandals in cognac (brown) on the flight there. TSA didn't care one bit. The next day I wore the same style of sandals in black. Those heels were 3.5 inches and they are fun to walk in. I wore my gladiator black wedge Naturalizer "Tribute" sandals one day (2.5 inch heels), and my brown (rust) Born Belinda sandals (3" heels), and my Aerosoles "Born Free" black sandals (2.5" heels), and ended up with the Terrace sandals in cognac on the final evening banquet. On the flight home Sunday I wore the Belinda sandals. I never took any men's shoes or wore any closed toe shoes (it was almost 90 deg F and very muggy the entire time). It was a great week! I'm sure lots of people noticed, but not one person said anything to me or my wife. The only person who asked anything asked about my finger nail polish, and I just told him the truth - my nails tend to split easily and I used to use clear polish to help prevent that, but I tried color about 3 years ago and I'm having too much fun with it to go back to clear! LOL

Steve

post-4071-0-21290100-1413251923_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-79357900-1413251937_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-58779100-1413251984_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-59284600-1413252005_thumb.jp

post-4071-0-00764000-1413252023_thumb.jp

Nice report of your Florida trip, Steve. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and got to wear your heels. As you know we both like the White Mountain, "Terrace" sandals, as they were just the right shoes for Florida's, 90* temps.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 4 weeks later...

I've only just seen the 'men in heels in the mall' video.   Obviously, it was staged and looked somewhat like a 'Candid Camera' stunt to me.   But the smiles and laughter (however selectively shown) all seemed good-natured rather than suggesting any ridicule or disapproval.  I guess that the 'stunt' was explained to onlookers for what it was - a light-hearted way of showing support for a cause, the nature of which was almost irrelevant as the key point is that these men were doing something unselfish and potentially harmful to their pride.   No different really to a 'walk a mile' display, but rather more tasteful - the outfits looked quite smart.