Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
hiddenheels

Unhiding my heels

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, dagino said:

The fun starts only when you walk in the heels to the street. Why wear heels at home when no one sees them.

Totally agree with you!!!!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, hiddenheels said:

 I even checked out some heels in 3 of the stores, which is my first ever time checking out heels while wearing heels. I could not have denied who I was interested in buying them for, if someone asked. I didn't find any shoes, ...

Did you find your were treated in a different (better) way, more like a viable customer, when shopping for heels in heels?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 4:46 PM, hiddenheels said:

Quite a few people around, I did notice a few people look, but got 0 comments. The sky didn't fall. Pushed myself out of my comfort zone a bit further...

Way to go, man.  I have been wearing my heels quite a bit lately (though my feet have been barking at me so I might have to back off some(.  I know my heels have been noticed at times, but like you said, no comments.  I just go about my business and it does seem fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hiddenheels,

Good for you friend!! I've said a number of times before that wearing heels out is one enjoyable thing but wearing them into a shoe store really sends a message. It virtually guarantees better service than you may have otherwise seen. Go for it!! HinH

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 10:54 AM, Cali said:

Did you find your were treated in a different (better) way, more like a viable customer, when shopping for heels in heels?

I don't think there was really any difference, but I didn't interact with sales people when looking at the shoes... I don't think I've noticed any difference yet.

 

Thanks for all the encouragement! Means a lot!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a while for me to post here, the last few weeks have been busy, although I have spent a lot of mental energy thinking about heels and where I can go... I was able to go out a few times, although not to my usual coffee spot. With christmas approaching, I took advantage of some free time to go gift shopping.

OUTING: Was wearing a light-brown 4" chunky heel bootie, with blue boot-cut jeans, and a brown jacket. I went to a store nearby, but not too close. Bought what I needed and browsed around a bit, took about an hour. Afterwards wandered into another store in the same plaza, checked out the shoes, and some potential gifts. Didn't try any on as there was nothing interesting. After that, I came home and was quite happy with myself. Interestingly there was no negative self-talk, I think I'm getting better at recognizing it and shutting it down. Just went in and did my stuff, felt very comfortable.

OUTING: Went to a mall, wearing blue boot-cut jeans, dark red shoes, probably 4.5" chunky-heel (sooo comfortable!), and a red sweater that matches the colour pretty closely. Black jacket on top. Sorry about the lack of pictures. Had some specific items I needed to buy, so wandered around a bit until I found them. Took ~30 minutes. Shoes were covered pretty much, but some of the heels were clearly visible. I was very comfortable, and think I acted 95% normal (5% different due to being a bit self-conscious). Getting out of the car was a non-event, and I loved the experience.

 

Now I just want to go out and do some heeling, but I can't... busy with work & family.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OUTING: Had a chance to stop by a coffee shop. Dark jeans, same light-brown 4" chunky heel bootie as in the above post. It was cool, nothing happened, I bought my stuff, sat at a table and worked. There were some police in coffee shop, and even though I knew they weren't the fashion-police, I had some thoughts about them coming over to ask, but there's no reason for them to do that... In any case, the heels were obvious, especially when sitting. It was fun though. Afterwards stopped by a nearby second-hand store, saw some awesome boots, but they were size 8, so I didn't even bother to consider them... Fun!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't been here for a month now, but that's just lack of time over the holidays. Hopefully things'll go back to norm, and I'll have a chance to do some outings soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look forward to hearing about more of your adventures buddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been busy, no heeling outside for two months now. But did make a quick trip today. Went to the mail box, but took a 15 minute detour... Was dressed comfortably in my 4" block heels and blue jeans. It was dark, some joggers went by, and a bunch of cars. It was a non-event, but damn it was good to get it out of my system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to go do some brief shopping yesterday. Been waiting for the opportunity for a while now, and been thinking about it for what seems like forever... Anyway, the day came. Put on my usual blue boot-cut jeans, and some dark red chunky heels, about 4" high. So comfortable. The negative self-talk started, and my anxiety kicked in, but I managed to stop it, not think, and just go. Ended up browsing around a book store, bought some stuff, then drove to a supermarket to buy some food. Was out for a total of 2 hours, but loved it. Not a single comment. The boots stop about 1" above the ground, so when walking the heels are somewhat obvious if you happen to look down. Was just good to be me...

 

Getting out of the car took just a tiny bit of effort, so need to practice more. But I have found that I'm much more interested in "just doing my thing" (in heels) regardless of the time-of-day, rather than going to a quiet park. I am seeing progress in my thinking, and how I view myself when looking in the mirror. The heels are becoming a more natural look when I'm wearing them...

Edited by hiddenheels
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good you got out again.  

"The boots stop about 1" above the ground,"

Think you meant that the pants stop about one inch above the ground....lol.  Otherwise, those would be really short boots :).  Other than one or two outings with a shorter pant leg, an inch showing is typically as short as I will go, and that's not that often since I bought longer jeans a while back.  Hope you gain confidence as you go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baby steps , baby steps @hiddenheels.  I have shorter jeans now, they stop at or above my ankle. Had six compliments on my Jessica Simpson stilettos today. I have gone from hidding my heels with long pants to fully displaying them with shorter pants, skinny jeans or leggings.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cali said:

Baby steps , baby steps @hiddenheels.  I have shorter jeans now, they stop at or above my ankle. Had six compliments on my Jessica Simpson stilettos today. I have gone from hidding my heels with long pants to fully displaying them with shorter pants, skinny jeans or leggings.

Yup, I did the same exact thing, I have probably 10 pairs of boot cut jeans that are hemmed really long that I ought to get rid of, since I never wear them anymore. I think they would look rather odd if I simply hemmed them shorter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"The boots stop about 1" above the ground,"

Think you meant that the pants stop about one inch above the ground....lol.  Otherwise, those would be really short boots :).

Haha, yes, the pant legs stop 1" above the ground. :)

 

Quote

Yup, I did the same exact thing, I have probably 10 pairs of boot cut jeans that are hemmed really long that I ought to get rid of, since I never wear them anymore. I think they would look rather odd if I simply hemmed them shorter.

To make long pants shorter, I've rolled up the bottoms a bit before, that thin stripe I think looks pretty good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 4:05 PM, hiddenheels said:

Had to go do some brief shopping yesterday. Been waiting for the opportunity for a while now, and been thinking about it for what seems like forever... Anyway, the day came. Put on my usual blue boot-cut jeans, and some dark red chunky heels, about 4" high. So comfortable. The negative self-talk started, and my anxiety kicked in, but I managed to stop it, not think, and just go. Ended up browsing around a book store, bought some stuff, then drove to a supermarket to buy some food. Was out for a total of 2 hours, but loved it. Not a single comment. The boots stop about 1" above the ground, so when walking the heels are somewhat obvious if you happen to look down. Was just good to be me...

 

Getting out of the car took just a tiny bit of effort, so need to practice more. But I have found that I'm much more interested in "just doing my thing" (in heels) regardless of the time-of-day, rather than going to a quiet park. I am seeing progress in my thinking, and how I view myself when looking in the mirror. The heels are becoming a more natural look when I'm wearing them...

Good for you buddy, I'm sure the jeans look great with your boots....Just doing your thing in boots is surely a sign of progress...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OUTING: Been busy. However, did get a chance to go to another coffee shop a few days ago, same dark red 4" boots, with blue jeans, dark red sweater and a jacket. Parked near the coffee shop and just sat in the car. Could feel my heart knocking trying to get out. Calmed myself eventually by trying to clear my mind of any thoughts. Once that was done, was able to not think, and got out of the car. Went in, somewhat self conscious, but after ordering and sitting at a table that was facing the main entrance, with the heels probably visible, did my thing for about an hour before heading out. Noone said anything, and I'm glad I was able to do this. Right now, feeling quite upset, possibly a topic for a new thread.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hiddenheels said:

OUTING: Been busy. However, did get a chance to go to another coffee shop a few days ago, same dark red 4" boots, with blue jeans, dark red sweater and a jacket. Parked near the coffee shop and just sat in the car. Could feel my heart knocking trying to get out. Calmed myself eventually by trying to clear my mind of any thoughts. Once that was done, was able to not think, and got out of the car. Went in, somewhat self conscious, but after ordering and sitting at a table that was facing the main entrance, with the heels probably visible, did my thing for about an hour before heading out. Noone said anything, and I'm glad I was able to do this. Right now, feeling quite upset, possibly a topic for a new thread.

Nice work buddy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hiddenheels said:

OUTING: Been busy. However, did get a chance to go to another coffee shop a few days ago, same dark red 4" boots, with blue jeans, dark red sweater and a jacket. Parked near the coffee shop and just sat in the car. Could feel my heart knocking trying to get out. Calmed myself eventually by trying to clear my mind of any thoughts. Once that was done, was able to not think, and got out of the car. Went in, somewhat self conscious, but after ordering and sitting at a table that was facing the main entrance, with the heels probably visible, did my thing for about an hour before heading out. Noone said anything, and I'm glad I was able to do this. Right now, feeling quite upset, possibly a topic for a new thread.

Coffee shops make great places for gaining confidence in your heels, won’t be long before you advance to shopping centres, well done mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.