The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Sorry, Jeff - I'm sure they are better described as 'pendants'; I couldn't see that closely.

And, before you get too swollen-headed, whilst I certainly admire your overall style and boldness, I would not aspire to copying all your outfits. I am not, for example, brave enough to consider skirts or dresses, much as think they can look good on you.

Forgive me if you have commented on this before or if you consider the question intrusive, but what reaction do you get from friends or colleagues (male or female) about your appearance? Do you broadly keep your 'jaunts' private rather than combine them with some social activity?

Pendants, medallions, necklaces, it's all the same, a rose by any other name, yadda, yadda, yadda. Now, I don't expect you or anyone else here to fully copy all the outfits I've worn, namely skirts and dresses, that's my bag, what I like to do, just follow your own path and don't forget to have fun while you do. And to answer your question, nope, I keep what I do a secret from friends, family and coworkers.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I put on pantyhose, a skirt and pumps yesterday. I didn't realize how skinny my legs are. Almost anorexic! But I looked better in knee high boots. I would go out in public if my face looked more feminiine. Anyway, I respect what you're doing. you've shown others here not to be scared and dress the way you want to. Just being inside the house dressed up gets boring. We have to get out there in the real world. If I'm ever in your neck of the woods, ill go on a jaunt with you. It would be a lot of fun.

Pfft! Since you've seen my photos, then you know I don't look at all feminine, but that doesn't stop me from going out in a skirt and heels when the mood strikes me as I'm all about my signature: "I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman". Also, I've seen skinny legged women out and about in skirts and it's clear they don't care, so go out there and have fun! You won't be sorry!

JeffB, Now that you are a new wedge sandal wearer I'd love to see photos in the upcoming spring of you rocking a skirt and some of your new wedges! If anything like past photos then I know they'll be something to look forward to. HappyinHeels

JeffB, Now that you are a new wedge sandal wearer I'd love to see photos in the upcoming spring of you rocking a skirt and some of your new wedges! If anything like past photos then I know they'll be something to look forward to. HappyinHeels

Ask and you shall receive! One of my freestyling resolutions for 2013 is to wear more skirts, especially come spring and summer, and I plan to have something nice to wear with those wedge sandals I bought last year. Should be fun.

• 2 weeks later...

JeffB, I hope that you are happy with the Ravens win in the Super Bowl yesterday. As you know I was rooting for the Forty Niners, but at the end they fell short and the Ravens prevailed. It was a great game in spite of the blackout. I hope you saw my post and pics last Friday on my thread "Heeling with bluejay", as I really pushed the envelope wearing red knee boots and other reds for the wearing of red for Women's Heart Disease Awareness Day, Friday, February 1, 2013. Happy Heeling, bluejay

JeffB,

I hope that you are happy with the Ravens win in the Super Bowl yesterday. As you know I was rooting for the Forty Niners, but at the end they fell short and the Ravens prevailed. It was a great game in spite of the blackout.

I hope you saw my post and pics last Friday on my thread "Heeling with bluejay", as I really pushed the envelope wearing red knee boots and other reds for the wearing of red for Women's Heart Disease Awareness Day, Friday, February 1, 2013.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Yes, I just commented on your outing! Can't understand how I missed that! D-OH on me! Pretty darn cool, my friend! As for the Super Bowl, I didn't have a horse in that race, but was satisfied with how good a game it was, but was less than satisfied with the commercials which weren't as good as in past years.

• 2 weeks later...

Jaunt #178, 2/16/2013:

I said in the "Heeling/Freestyling Resolutions" thread, I stated that I wanted to go to different places in heels/women's clothes, well, today, I followed through on that resolution by visiting my car dealership in a skirt and heels today. The outfit in question was my favorite black leather jacket over a black mockneck, a 39 inch steel gray maxiskirt I bought on sale at Sears, the Pleaser 2013 Vanity knee boots and my favorite black handbag. When I made my appointment two weeks ago for an oil change, I got the wild idea in my head to take the opportunity to get in a jaunt, and with the weather cloudy but dry, conditions were great for my outing.

I arrived at the dealership five minutes before my 9:15 a.m. appointment, without a moment's hesitation, I hopped out and went inside. The fellow at the desk, whom I'm sure had a good view of the skirt and boots warmly welcomed me, I gave him my name and he verified my appointment, then I went into the lounge while my car was to be serviced. There were nearly ten people in the lounge waiting on their vehicles, and nobody gave me so much as a glance as I took a seat, crossed my legs and watched the local news on the TV, I even had a brief chat with an older lady about the wacky weather we've had. Forty or so minutes later, my car was ready, I went to the cashier, paid for the work done, got my keys and left, strolling through the dealership floor, my heels clicking on the tile floor where everybody could see me, and again, no one gave me any attention. I kinda got a charge out of crossing the dealership floor, calm and cool and confident as I could be.

After leaving the dealership, I headed into center city and my favorite comic book shop, finding a spot half a block away from the shop, I got to enjoy a little walk to the store, passed a couple of people who briefly glanced my way, but nothing more than that. I spent little under thirty minutes in the store, chatted with the guys about the new Die Hard movie then headed out, got in my car and headed over the bridge and into South Jersey. My first stop was to the Barnes & Noble where I spent a good forty-five minutes cruising the aisles, reading a couple of horror mags and finally headed to the register with a couple of manga titles and an anime magazine. I did get a few stares here and there, nothing more. My next stop was to the nearby Chick-Fil-A for lunch, once again, I just hopped out and walked in, the place was pretty crowded as it was around 12:30 p.m., got some looks from other customers, but again, nothing more than that as I enjoyed my lunch then left.

My final stop of the day was to the nearby Best Buy, once inside, I headed to the new movie release area where, my to my delight, three more James Bond flicks (A View To A Kill, Goldeneye and Tomorrow Never Dies) were out as single releases on Blu-Ray. YAY! After over thirty minutes of wandering the aisles, checking out all sorts of fancy gizmos, even sitting in a leather recliner movie theater seat so customers could get a good look at the skirt and boots, once again, no reaction, no pointing, no gaping, no wide eyed gasps, no chuckles or guffaws, no nothing. I guess a lot depended on my attitude, acting like what I wore was no big deal, and, to be honest, it wasn't. I feel perfectly at ease wearing a skirt and heels in public, it's what I love doing, and that comfort shows in how I comport myself. And that's a whole lot of fun too. More good times to come!

post-154-0-80723300-1361051484_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-23375700-1361051519_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-57027700-1361051527_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-57174200-1361051535_thumb.jpg

Jeff: Just a thought, but having regard to your ethnic background, I wonder if some people might assume you were going for some sort of 'tribal African' look by wearing a skirt etc (if not heels)? (I might have put that a bit clumsily but I think you know what I mean.) After all, long 'skirt-like' garments are by no means unknown on men in many cultures and long boots (heels or not) are also sometimes worn. Would a white man in the same outfit be considered more 'unusual' and comment-worthy, or not?

JeffB,

You certainly had a great heeling jaunt today. Your look was really nice. The long skirt kept your legs warm too, for a winter's day. Glad you enjoyed yourself out and about.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks for the kind words. Actually, it wasn't too terribly cold yesterday as temps reached into the low 50's, so it wound up being a comfortable day. Still, I was eager to wear that nice looking skirt which I found to have been rather stylish.

Jeff: Just a thought, but having regard to your ethnic background, I wonder if some people might assume you were going for some sort of 'tribal African' look by wearing a skirt etc (if not heels)? (I might have put that a bit clumsily but I think you know what I mean.) After all, long 'skirt-like' garments are by no means unknown on men in many cultures and long boots (heels or not) are also sometimes worn. Would a white man in the same outfit be considered more 'unusual' and comment-worthy, or not?

Hmm! Now that's a most interesting question, and something that never occurred to me before. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure my attire could be considered as "African Tribal" since I wore purely "Western" style garb, still, that was a very intriguing premise you suggested. And yes, I have seen men of different cultures wearing skirt like garments, though with typically boring men's shoes instead of stylish heels. As for whether or not Caucasian men would be considered unusual, I'm not sure, especially since I've rarely gotten comments on my attire. I suppose it all depends on the people such a man would interact with.

???????? (wow)....

C'mon now, is that all you have to say? :lmao:

JeffB, I like how you call you outings. A jaunt! A jaunt is basically a walk in the park. You dress the way you want and bring inspiration to the others who want to do it. I've broken down a lot of barriers from reading your posts. Are your jaunts everyday? I usually wear some type of high heel every day and try to be on the cutting edge of fashion! Keep your jaunts coming! Clar

JeffB, I like how you call you outings. A jaunt! A jaunt is basically a walk in the park. You dress the way you want and bring inspiration to the others who want to do it. I've broken down a lot of barriers from reading your posts.

Are your jaunts everyday? I usually wear some type of high heel every day and try to be on the cutting edge of fashion!

Well, I'm glad my exploits have inspired you. Guess that means I'm doing something right. Heh!

To answer your question, my outings are on weekends as I don't have the time during the workweek to go out.

Cool! Wearing heels is an everyday thing for me. I'm to the point where I don't go out for the sole purpose just to show off my heels. I just wear what I like. Going to church is different. I wear a different outfit every sunday. I dress to impress. Sort of like a runway model in an everyday life sort of thing.

JeffB, Glad to see you're taking freestyling to new venues as promised in 2013. I have never worn a skirt to a dealership but have worn women's jeans with wedge sandals and kneeboots a couple of times. Boots garnered no meaningful attention while the wedge sandals got compliments from several girls also wearing wedges. The world seems to thrive on praise and confidence. HappyinHeels

Cool! Wearing heels is an everyday thing for me. I'm to the point where I don't go out for the sole purpose just to show off my heels. I just wear what I like.

Going to church is different. I wear a different outfit every sunday. I dress to impress. Sort of like a runway model in an everyday life sort of thing.

Sounds interesting. What sort of outfits have you worn to church?

JeffB, Glad to see you're taking freestyling to new venues as promised in 2013. I have never worn a skirt to a dealership but have worn women's jeans with wedge sandals and kneeboots a couple of times. Boots garnered no meaningful attention while the wedge sandals got compliments from several girls also wearing wedges. The world seems to thrive on praise and confidence. HappyinHeels

Well, I'm trying to broaden my horizons by going to new places in heels/women's clothes, something I find to be an exciting concept that I'm sure to enjoy. And yeah, it's always good to get compliments on what we wear.

JeffB, I've worn all my 4.5" pumps and knee boots to church, and my 3" high heel boots when my legs are sore. I also wear fitted womens leather coats, one is from the 70s, that had the patchwork of colours, sort of what superfly would have worn in '72. I've worn flare jeans, skinny jeans, the the tight flare dress pants that all the cool girls wear. I get all the looks, but never any comments on my heels, but they say I look 20 years younger than I really am. its probably from being skinny, dyed blonde hair, and too much make-up! Ill have to update my gallery. I'm trendy, but not quite as fearless as you! My look is sort of like a cross between lenny kravitz and cheryl crow. Tight flare pants, cool coats, and killer heels. Keep us updated on your jaunts!

JeffB, I've worn all my 4.5" pumps and knee boots to church, and my 3" high heel boots when my legs are sore. I also wear fitted womens leather coats, one is from the 70s, that had the patchwork of colours, sort of what superfly would have worn in '72. I've worn flare jeans, skinny jeans, the the tight flare dress pants that all the cool girls wear. I get all the looks, but never any comments on my heels, but they say I look 20 years younger than I really am. its probably from being skinny, dyed blonde hair, and too much make-up!

Ill have to update my gallery. I'm trendy, but not quite as fearless as you! My look is sort of like a cross between lenny kravitz and cheryl crow. Tight flare pants, cool coats, and killer heels.

Keep us updated on your jaunts!

What? No skirts or dresses? If I were the religious type, I'd definitely be inclined to wear a skirt or a dress, especially the latter to church. To be honest, I wouldn't wear anything else! But hey, to each their own, and it sounds like you do wear some interesting outfits! Good for you, my friend!

Wow, what a great story Jeff! You continue to inspire me.

Well, I'm glad to have done so. That makes everything I've done here by relating my adventures worthwhile. By all means, keep on reading!

No skirts or dresses. But never say never! I love the long tight pants and the pumps. I've got a few pics of me in a leather miniskirt with stockings and pumps. The stockings are so sheer that you can see all the tattoos on my legs. Ill send you some pics soon. Btw, my skirt is a size 0. I wish I had the curves you have!

No skirts or dresses. But never say never! I love the long tight pants and the pumps. I've got a few pics of me in a leather miniskirt with stockings and pumps. The stockings are so sheer that you can see all the tattoos on my legs. Ill send you some pics soon. Btw, my skirt is a size 0. I wish I had the curves you have!

Curves? Me? Nahhhhh! Not quite! Don't tell anyone, but I use a body briefer which gives me the sort of profile for wearing skirts and tight jeans. It also emphasizes my butt which is pretty cool! In fact, I keep waiting to hear someone mutter about me while on a jaunt, "Damn! He's sure got a nice ass!" HA! Meanwhile, I wear a size 14, so I envy you. If I were to stop being lazy and lose some weight, wearing a 12, perhaps a 10 would be a breeze.

That's a fairly light shade of grey which, given the shape of the skirt and the contrast with the rest of the outfit in black, makes for a bold statement. The bag is a really nice touch too, it kind of looks like something's missing when it's not there. Do you find that you get less reactions wearing a total outfit compared to a more conventional guy look with heels? That certainly seems to be what I've found to be the case.

If you like it, wear it.

That's a fairly light shade of grey which, given the shape of the skirt and the contrast with the rest of the outfit in black, makes for a bold statement. The bag is a really nice touch too, it kind of looks like something's missing when it's not there.

I know. I've said this before, but I actually don't feel dressed and won't leave the house unless I have a handbag. And, it's fun to carry one too! I guess that appeals to my feminine side. Heh! As for the outfit, you have a good eye, my friend, I was actively seeking that level of contrast when I put it together. I've said this before too, but I go to great lengths to look my very best when wearing women's clothes in public.

Do you find that you get less reactions wearing a total outfit compared to a more conventional guy look with heels? That certainly seems to be what I've found to be the case.

Hmm! That's a darn good question. To be honest, I never gave that much thought before now, but I think you're onto something there. I often wonder why I don't get much in the way of reactions, positive or negative when out and about, especially when I'm wearing a skirt. Perhaps the juxtaposition of a guy wearing traditional guy clothes with just heels is somewhat jarring to the eye and is likely to draw more attention than a freestyler like myself who opts for the full package. I make no bones of the fact that I dress like a woman, so maybe my appearance makes people think that I'm not trying to hide anything or attract attention like a conventional heeler would. I could be totally wrong, but that's my opinion. What do you think?

I make no bones of the fact that I dress like a woman, so maybe my appearance makes people think that I'm not trying to hide anything or attract attention like a conventional heeler would. I could be totally wrong, but that's my opinion. What do you think?

Man.. you have it all wrong! Its all those damn women trying to impersonate and compete with our very own JeffB! The cock on them to defy the gods and do such a blasphemous thing! :w00t2:

Being serious though.. Ive found that when I was wearing those harem pants, the doctors visits in skirts and a ' full ' outfit, things go a lot smoother.

Recently, I have been wearing the long-backed shirt, some form of leggings and boots of various types and nobody really gives me a second look that I have noticed. When I was wearing my flannel hoodies and regular mens jeans, I do recall a few non appraising looks from both men and women alike.

Blah! Its all good ;);)

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Isn't it unusual, the things people notice, or don't notice? I guess it all depends on the attitude and mindset of the people we encounter when out and about. It'll be interesting to see how much attention I get the next time I wear a dress. That ought to be entertaining.

Jeff I agree with you, the "juxtaposition" does seem to shake things up a bit. I hadn't considered the "not trying to hide anything or attract attention" aspects because I don't try to do either when I wear my heels (although it's nice to exchange smiles or even compliments when it happens). But in general you're right, I think people would show their reactions more towards discovering concealed heels or seeing more extravagant outfits.

With a more self-assured feminine outfit it seems easier for people to mistakenly think we want to be women, put us in that category and be politically correct about it. So while I enjoy a more feminine outfit with my heels some days, on other days I prefer a more masculine outfit (that's still women's jeans and a shirt) with my heels because it feels less misunderstood and more like a statement that's being perceived true to who I am.

If you like it, wear it.

Jeff I agree with you, the "juxtaposition" does seem to shake things up a bit. I hadn't considered the "not trying to hide anything or attract attention" aspects because I don't try to do either when I wear my heels (although it's nice to exchange smiles or even compliments when it happens). But in general you're right, I think people would show their reactions more towards discovering concealed heels or seeing more extravagant outfits.

Well, I don't hide anything in regards to what I wear while out in public. I don't go out of my way to wear anything extravagant, I simply wear what women wear, nothing more, nothing less. Because I'm a man wearing skirts and heels shouldn't factor into the equation, but it does because of that ancient mindset that equates clothing with gender and is difficult for most to break, even in this so-called enlightened age. Still, I'm amazed I don't get more reactions, given what I wear.

With a more self-assured feminine outfit it seems easier for people to mistakenly think we want to be women, put us in that category and be politically correct about it. So while I enjoy a more feminine outfit with my heels some days, on other days I prefer a more masculine outfit (that's still women's jeans and a shirt) with my heels because it feels less misunderstood and more like a statement that's being perceived true to who I am.

How ironic that when women wear flannel shirts and baggy jeans, people don't mistakenly think they want to be men, so the double standard when it's the other way around makes no sense whatsoever. When I go out, I'm making a statement that I'm comfortable enough in my own skin to wear what I like, even though it's from the women's side of the aisle, that I'm proud to wear women's clothes, I feel good in them and I look good in them, so why not wear what makes me feel good? That's what women do, so why should they have all the fun?

There are two kinds of clothes (and shoes): 1) The clearly feminine styles aimed at women by the fashion industry and the sexy/stripper type suppliers. 2) Everything else. Women can choose from all of the above, but men are stigmatized if they choose 1). Since many feminine styles are intended to reveal/enhance the female's body to attract the male, no wonder a male who wears them might be seen as gay by many.

Bob, not to hijack this thread, but the folly in that argument is that what makes the female attractive to men (especially item 1) isn't necessarily what makes a man attractive to a gay man. But people don't see that. They jump to the erroneous conclusion that if he's dressing as a woman, he's trying to attract a man. Illogical when you analyze it. Steve