The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Jimnj3: Thanks for the kind words. Happy holidays to you as well! :santa_hat:

Jaunt #175, 12/24/2012:

When it comes to heeling, and now freestyling, I love to experiment, to find out what will work and what won't in term of outfits. Today was yet another experiment as I wore a long length sweater with leggings and boots. The sweater I bought was from the men's big and tall department at Burlington Coat Factory on Saturday for $25.00, it was a size 2X and it swam on me more than a little, however, having seen pictures of women wearing oversized sweaters with leggings, I figured I could make that work, as for the color, it's a dark burgundy pattern, it also came in a dull green and gray, but, I gravitated towards the darker color. Perhaps I'll go back there and invest in a lighter color. As for the length, the bottom fell below "the package" in front and sufficiently covered my rear end, I thought about wearing it with one of my wide belts but after trying one on, the look was messy, so I decided to go without. And along with my black leather jacket since it was chilly, I headed out on a brief adventure.

Stepping outside, I felt a chill of excitement as I was outside in something other than jeans, pants or a skirt, there I was, wearing just leggings....and it felt good! Damn good in fact! Jumping in the car, I went west towards Springfield, my first stop was to a branch of my bank to tap the ATM, there was a wee bit of a line as four people were behind me, but no one said a thing, before or after I conducted my business at the money machine. Stop number two was to Pizza Hut for lunch, entering the store, the only customers were a mother and her two young children, a boy and a girl, they both stared at me for a moment, then returned to the pizza they were gobbling. I few minutes later, half a dozen people, early twentysomethings come in while I was at the buffet stand getting pizza, but they didn't say anything, didn't look at me either. Ten minutes after that, Santa came in, but when I returned to the buffet stand for more pizza, the little boy from earlier looked at me longer than he did Santa. Guess he must've been rather curious about me.

After lunch, it was off to Best Buy with a $70.00 gift certificate to some some shopping for myself. Had to park a fair distance from the store, but I didn't mind as I got to enjoy the walk, and the sound of my heels on the pavement. Predictably, my appearance earned me a couple of looks as I walked towards, and gained still more once inside, admittedly, I was slightly unnerved by the crowd since I had never been out and about in leggings before, but I managed to calm those jitters, and I'm fairly sure the nervousness didn't show on my face as I wandered the aisles, still, I did feel like I was in a fishbowl at times. After over thirty minutes or so, I went to the register with an anime collection (Black Lagoon), a Doctor Who DVD and Cowboys & Aliens on Blu-Ray, along with a soda, I didn't spend a dime! Righteous! As for the outing, it was an invigorating experiment as I tried something new, and enjoyed the experience of being out and about in leggings. Now that I'm hooked, I'll be wearing them again real soon!

Oh, before I forget, I'd appreciate feedback on my outfit, please tell what looked good, what looked off and what I can do to improve my sweater and leggings look. Thanks!

post-154-0-29613400-1356384786_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-45663800-1356384793_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-37288900-1356384800_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-29022500-1356384808_thumb.jpg

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I like the look with the jacket more than with just the sweater! Glad you enjoyed the outing!

Jim

Jeff,

Love the look. And you pull it off perfectly. Congrats onthe ourting.

Henri

Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated! It was exciting to wear leggings and boots with a long sweater, and I can't wait to do that again soon!

Bought an even longer tall men's sweater today to wear with my leggings and knee boots. It's oversized as hell, but I can't wait to hit the road in that outfit as I've really come to enjoy how I look in leggings. Should be a lot of fun!

Great looking outfits Jeff. My feeling is that, worn with boots, leggings can look a bit like opaque tights, which I think works better with the skirt outfit but makes the sweater in the second outfit look a bit short. So my suggestions for the winter would be perhaps a short black skirt with that sweater outfit, or no skirt but a longer sweater. Also when spring arrives maybe court heels would bring a different twist with the leggings (I've yet to wear leggings with stiletto heeled courts but I've worn them once with court wedges and a longline sweater and I thought it was a pretty cool look).

If you like it, wear it.

Like the outfit, Jeff. Like Sleekheels says, longer sweater. You can always stretch a sweater for extra length.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Great looking outfits Jeff. My feeling is that, worn with boots, leggings can look a bit like opaque tights, which I think works better with the skirt outfit but makes the sweater in the second outfit look a bit short. So my suggestions for the winter would be perhaps a short black skirt with that sweater outfit, or no skirt but a longer sweater. Also when spring arrives maybe court heels would bring a different twist with the leggings (I've yet to wear leggings with stiletto heeled courts but I've worn them once with court wedges and a longline sweater and I thought it was a pretty cool look).

Like the outfit, Jeff. Like Sleekheels says, longer sweater. You can always stretch a sweater for extra length.

As I mentioned above, I did buy a longer sweater yesterday. Once I take that for a spin, I'll display pictures. I've really become intrigued with leggings and want to wear them as much as I can because they look good on me, make me wish I'd started wearing them long ago. As for a springtime leggings look, a long button down shirt, belted at the waist with a scoop necked top beneath it along with pumps would be a good look I think. I'll see what I can do about that.

Oh, almost forgot, I took one of my black denim pencil skirts to the cleaners to have shortened from 19 inches to 16 inches. I'll get it back today and will wear it as soon as I can.

Jeff,

I say that if you're comfortable in the short sweater, go for it. You've got great legs, show them off. Do what is comfortable for you.

Henri

Thanks for the kind words, Henri. Much appreciated. At the risk of sounding egotistical, I think I've got a nice ass too, something leggings emphasize quite nicely, and I wouldn't be adverse to showing that off like I do when wearing tight jeans. I believe the concern of others here is that a short sweater with leggings would show off the, er, frontal plumbing. Heh!

As for a springtime leggings look, a long button down shirt, belted at the waist with a scoop necked top beneath it along with pumps would be a good look I think. I'll see what I can do about that.

That sounds very chic and something to look forward to. I guess we have plenty of winter looks to enjoy before then :)

Oh, almost forgot, I took one of my black denim pencil skirts to the cleaners to have shortened from 19 inches to 16 inches. I'll get it back today and will wear it as soon as I can.

So where do 19" and 16" fall on you? For me 19" is practically knee-length so 16" would be a nice just-above-the-knee length, but I'm guessing even 19" is easily above the knee for you and 16" must be a mini (which as Henri says you certainly have the legs for).

If you like it, wear it.

That sounds very chic and something to look forward to. I guess we have plenty of winter looks to enjoy before then :)

Indeed! I've been busy studying, pouring over pics of women on the Internet wearing various styles of long/oversized sweaters with leggings paired with knee high and ankle high boots and taking notes of what would look best on me. I plan to experiment over the winter with a few of those styles before spring rolls in and I switch to lighter tops and pumps. Should be interesting.

So where do 19" and 16" fall on you? For me 19" is practically knee-length so 16" would be a nice just-above-the-knee length, but I'm guessing even 19" is easily above the knee for you and 16" must be a mini (which as Henri says you certainly have the legs for).

Well, at 6 foot 2, a 19 inch skirt falls some three inches above my knees which I find to be a nice, non-scandalous look I can take pretty much anywhere. Heh! As for a 16 inch skirt, that falls to a wee bit above mid-thigh, and that's a damn sharp look as it shows off my long legs to perfection. On Saturday, I bought a 15 inch skirt at Penney's and that looks sharp too. I used to be ambivalent about wearing miniskirts, now I love them!

JeffB, I liked your look with the sweater and the leggings. I just bought a 1/4 zip fleece in off white and a bright yellow long sleeve polo shirt at a great discounted price from the Izod outlet store this past week. Izod shirts and fleece are much longer in length than other brands. They cover the back and fronts of myself when wearing leggings. It's about the same length on me as the picture of you in the sweater and the leggings. I looked in the mirror and liked the look too, Unfortunately it may not work for you since you are over 6' tall and I am about 5'11". But give it a look. Happy Heeling, bluejay

bluejay: Thanks for the tip about Izod. Sounds interesting. I'll look up their wares on my next trip to a department store.

The Johnny Cash song, "I've been everywhere man" comes to mind reading this thread! You're a great inspiration. I'd love to graduate to wearing a skirt w/hose and heels. That would be my ultimate goal!

Well, I'm glad that I can be an inspiration to others like yourself through my little freestyling adventures. But, I feel that I have to warn you, once you start wearing skirts, you'll find it hard to stop because it's so much fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Jaunt #176, 1/19/2013

For my first jaunt of 2013, I thought I'd take my recently bought Pleaser "Legend" 8899 thigh high boots out for a spin, and with the weather sunny and relatively warm (temps reaching into the high 40's), it was a good opportunity for an outing as I paired the new boots with my black leather jacket over a black turtleneck, the a.n.a. skinny jeans and my favorite black handbag. I won't lie to you when I say I was sufficiently excited to wear the boots which looked good and felt good on me, like I was born to wear them, and perhaps I was because I love them. Now, since it had been quite some time since I last wore five inch heels, last spring I believe, it took a little time to reacclimate myself to that extra inch when it came to walking and standing, but once I did, it all became fun as I went out and about.

My first stop of what was to be a short outing (the NHL began it's season this afternoon, and I had to get back home in time for the Flyers and their 3:30 face-off against Pittsburgh) was University City to tap an ATM at my bank for some spending money, I walked past a couple of people as I headed to the bank, but they paid me no mind, after I got my money, I headed into town and to my local comic shop. I managed to park nearly half a block away from the shop, affording me a little walk (using a short stride because of the higher heels) to get used to the boots, also, I strolled past a restaurant with huge windows and diners got to see me, and more than a few did pause to stare at me, but I'm used to being stared at. After some twenty minutes in the shop, I walked to a store a block away to buy a newspaper, the more I walked in the boots, the heels clicking loudly on the pavement, the more I liked them.

From there, it was back to my car and off to South Jersey, and it should also be noted I had to readjust to working the gas and brake pedals in five inchers, but that took even less effort and I was operating the car as well as ever. Lunch was at Chick-Fil-A near Moorestown Mall, after I parked, I hopped out and walked inside, the store was fairly well crowded with diners, including young kids, but no one paid me any attention, no one looked or gawked or giggled or pointed at me, and that was pretty cool. My final stop of the day was to the nearby Barnes & Noble, it was fairly crowded in there too, but again, I went relatively ignored as I strolled the aisles, taking short, careful steps on the waxed tile floors, something that's always a peril when in heels, regardless of how low or high they are. And, all the while, I had to maintain my casual air, like I was long used to the rather unique footwear I had on.

So, while this outing was short, it was entertaining as I got to enjoy the delightful pleasures of wearing five inch heeled thigh boots, and it was a fabulous experience, one that made me feel fantastic, and I plan to enjoy them again real soon.

post-154-0-05635400-1358638115_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-48114100-1358638124_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-37430500-1358638133_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-55847000-1358638143_thumb.jpg

Looking good Jeff, Love that everything fits well. Not just well, but consistent fit from head to toe.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

JeffB, Your looking good today. Love the thigh-hi boots on you. Glad that you had a great time out heeling today. Enjoy yourself and yes wearing 5" stiletto heels does take additional care in your step. Anything over 4" in a stiletto is too much for me. But in a thicker heel I have no problems. With me into wearing leggings, I have to start looking at handbags to carry my essentials. When it's cold outside no problem, carrying things in my coat or jacket pocket is my usual way. I do have a small leather purse that I have worn, when it was warmer out and I didn't wear a jacket. That one would be lost, wearing my leather jacket, so I am going to look at something like you carry. Happy Heeling, bluejay Happy Heeling, bluejay

I have to start looking at handbags to carry my essentials. When it's cold outside no problem, carrying things in my coat or jacket pocket is my usual way. I do have a small leather purse that I have worn, when it was warmer out and I didn't wear a jacket. That one would be lost, wearing my leather jacket, so I am going to look at something like you carry.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

I've found that for the stuff most guys carry with them a small clutch is usually sufficient. Myself I use a small cosmetics bag that was part of a luggage set.

Looking good Jeff, Love that everything fits well. Not just well, but consistent fit from head to toe.

Many thanks. I go to great lengths to look my very best for my little forays. When wearing women's clothes and shoes in public, it's important to look as good as possible.

JeffB,

Your looking good today. Love the thigh-hi boots on you. Glad that you had a great time out heeling today. Enjoy yourself and yes wearing 5" stiletto heels does take additional care in your step. Anything over 4" in a stiletto is too much for me. But in a thicker heel I have no problems. With me into wearing leggings, I have to start looking at handbags to carry my essentials. When it's cold outside no problem, carrying things in my coat or jacket pocket is my usual way. I do have a small leather purse that I have worn, when it was warmer out and I didn't wear a jacket. That one would be lost, wearing my leather jacket, so I am going to look at something like you carry.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks for the kind words. Because I do a goodly amount of walking and standing when on my jaunts, comfort is a must, and for that reason, I'll never go beyond five inches, and because it had been awhile since I last wore that height, I had to adjust to them, but that was part of the fun. As for handbags, as I've said many times before, I NEVER leave the house without a purse, not even when wearing jeans as I don't put anything in my pockets, in fact, I don't feel fully dressed without a handbag. Having one is vital when wearing something without pockets, especially skirts, once you start carrying a bag, you'll wonder why you waited so long to do so. It's not just utilitarian, it's fun as well!

I've found that for the stuff most guys carry with them a small clutch is usually sufficient. Myself I use a small cosmetics bag that was part of a luggage set.

I have a nice clutch that I used on my last jaunt in a dress. I rather enjoyed using it.

as usual Jeff, your looking sharp in those boots, really matches the whole outfit! :winkiss:

I appreciate the compliment. Guess I must be doing something right. Heh! :)

Jaunt #177, 1/20/2013:

With plenty of sunshine and temps reaching into the upper 40's, I thought I'd get in a quick jaunt before settling in to watch today's NFL playoff action, and, I decided to go out in thigh boots again, this time, the Pleaser four inchers which I paired with my familiar leather jacket over a gray turtleneck, the Gloria Vanderbilt "Amanda" jeans in dark stonewash and my favorite black handbag. Yesterday's outing in the five inchers was so much fun, I wanted to experience that enjoyment again, wearing thigh boots is such an incredible thrill that excites me to no end, and yes, I love how good I look in them with skin tight jeans and how good it feels to wear them. I find it amazing more women don't avail themselves of the delight that comes from wearing these boots, hell, I wish more MEN would give thigh boots (with or without heels) a try because it's a smashing great look when paired with all the right accouterments like what I sported today.

Anyhoo, I went west into Springfield for my little outing, Best Buy to be precise as I finally gave in to the inevitable march of technology and decided to buy my very first smartphone, an Apple iPhone 4S to be precise. The store was mildly full when I entered around 11:30. After wandering the aisles for new movies, I headed to the mobile phone area where a salesperson helped me with the purchase of the phone, a case to go with it, he even took the time to transfer my list of numbers from my old phone to the new one. He never so much as blinked when I took my wallet out of my purse (which I did twice) as he was very friendly and helpful with the whole procedure. After little over thirty minutes or so, the paperwork was all completed and I walked out of the store with my brand new toy which I'm rather excited about, I mean, what dyed in the wool geek wouldn't be giddy about getting his hands on a new gadget. Heh! I wound up being in the store nearly an hour and no one batted an eye, however, as I left the store, I passed a young woman wearing tight jeans and knee high black platform boots with what looked like five inch spike heels. We locked eyes for a moment, I stared at her boots, she stared at mine, and she grinned ever so slightly at me while I nodded to her. I guess we liked what we saw.

From there, I headed down the road to Subway where I had lunch, the store was empty, so no one saw me, but that was okay, once I finished, I hopped back in my car and headed home. While brief, my outing was still enjoyable because I got to wear thigh boots which are great fun as thighbootguy is forever saying. Well, he's dead on right! Already I can't wait to wear them again!

post-154-0-36490800-1358715352_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-97421200-1358715360_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-56735400-1358715370_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-75118900-1358715380_thumb.jpg

Okay I know what I'm wearing to work tonight. Time to dig out my stiletto thighboots.

JeffB, Glad you had a nice outing on Sunday. I had a very nice outing early in the morning and later in the afternoon too . I will post a report and some pics too on my "Heeling with bluejay" thread soon. Glad you enjoyed the eye contact with the woman in heels. I had a similar experience while in line at the BonTon store this afternoon, only we had a conversation about heels while waiting in line. By the way, I hope that you are not too upset that our Buffalo Sabres beat your Flyers this afternoon in the first hockey action for the season. As far as the NFL went, I didn't have any favorites, but did enjoy the games. I will be rooting for the FortyNiners in the Super Bowl, though. Happy Heeling, bluejay

Okay I know what I'm wearing to work tonight. Time to dig out my stiletto thighboots.

Good for you! Be sure to let us know how that turns out!

Looking good as always Jeff, great winter style. I liked the "locked eyes for a moment" encounter, sometimes just a smile says all that needs to be said.

Indeed! That was one of the better encounters I've had while heeling in quite some time.

JeffB, Glad you had a nice outing on Sunday. I had a very nice outing early in the morning and later in the afternoon too . I will post a report and some pics too on my "Heeling with bluejay" thread soon. Glad you enjoyed the eye contact with the woman in heels. I had a similar experience while in line at the BonTon store this afternoon, only we had a conversation about heels while waiting in line.

By the way, I hope that you are not too upset that our Buffalo Sabres beat your Flyers this afternoon in the first hockey action for the season. As far as the NFL went, I didn't have any favorites, but did enjoy the games. I will be rooting for the FortyNiners in the Super Bowl, though.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nahhhh! No big deal about the Flyers, the season, while short has only just begun. Meanwhile, I'll be pulling for Baltimore in the "Harbaugh Bowl".

Jeff - I really like your outfits in #1428 and #1433. A great unisex smart-casual look which ought to be accepted as completely normal for anyone, male or female. I wish I could copy it; I think you have become my role model! The two very outfits are very similar, but the darker trousers and lower heels in the second makes it just a little more restrained. But there seemed to be some further subtle difference that I couldn't immediately spot. Of course - the medallions! I suspect that someone seeing you in outfit 1 with the medallion prominently displayed would quite possibly take more notice of that than your boots. And the medallion revealed only in the later pics of outfit 2 gave, to my mind, a new emphasis to that whole outfit. I am not a jewellery wearer and, whilst I quite like your medallions, I think I might need as much courage to wear them as I would your thigh boots.

Puffer: Thanks for the kind words on my latest outfits. I appreciate your considering me as being a role model. Regarding the pendants, I haven't been wearing jewelry all that long, but I find it adds a certain flair to my ensembles, not to mention fun as well.

Puffer: Thanks for the kind words on my latest outfits. I appreciate your considering me as being a role model. Regarding the pendants, I haven't been wearing jewelry all that long, but I find it adds a certain flair to my ensembles, not to mention fun as well.

Sorry, Jeff - I'm sure they are better described as 'pendants'; I couldn't see that closely.

And, before you get too swollen-headed, whilst I certainly admire your overall style and boldness, I would not aspire to copying all your outfits. I am not, for example, brave enough to consider skirts or dresses, much as think they can look good on you.

Forgive me if you have commented on this before or if you consider the question intrusive, but what reaction do you get from friends or colleagues (male or female) about your appearance? Do you broadly keep your 'jaunts' private rather than combine them with some social activity?