The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Suggestion: Wear the skirt waist a few inches higher. I think it would balance the look a little better and it would make you legs look even longer (that's a good thing).

TBG

Wear it higher? I'm not a ho :wink: BTW It's Kilty, not Kitty dear :) When I sit it rises past my knees anyway, the vent at the back gives me enough movement, but the shoes are too tight (ouch) My legs aren't bad, but like Jeff I just am wearing it as a guy, and black is a good colour. Most times, as my name suggests, I'm in a kilt :) I don't want to hijack our friend's thread - I'm sure he's keeping it free for a nice jaunt (and hopefully pix of him seated in one of his skirt ensembles - perhaps he'll get a nice pencil skirt soon :redface::pulsingheart: )

Jaunt #180, 3/30/2013:

Back on 3/19, onyourtoes started an interesting thread called "People Don't Look At Men's Feet" where he stated that people don't take the time or interest to look at the feet of men, even when said men are wearing high heeled shoes. I found that thread highly interesting, so I decided to conduct a little experiment to see if that theory is true. So, with spring having finally arrived with plenty of sunshine and mild temps, I headed out with my black pleather jacket over a magenta mockneck, the JCPenney a.n.a. bootcut jeans and the Payless "Lance Flex" pumps in merlot. Yes, I wore light colored shoes, just to see if anyone would notice.

I headed downtown and to my favorite comic book shop for the express purpose of being seen in the shoes. I parked nearly two blocks away from the shop (not on purpose, parking spots were hard to find) and enjoyed a nice walk there, the four inch heels of the Lance Flex pumps sounding nice and loud on the pavement, just the way I like my heels, I passed a goodly number of people on the street, but no one looked down as I walked by, after a good twenty minutes in the shop, I passed by more people, pedestrians and motorists, nothing. From there, it was off to South Jersey and lunch at Chick-Fil-A near the Moorestown Mall, the place was plenty packed, in fact, I had to wait over five minutes before an empty booth became available, during which time, I was standing and was seen, again, nothing, no, not quite, a couple of little kids looked down but didn't say anything.

After lunch, it was off to Best Buy, it was packed too, passed plenty of people while cruising the aisles, no one looked or pointed, I even sat in a home theater recliner and put my feet up while watching a good ten minutes worth of The Dark Knight Rises, once again, nothing. From there, I went to the nearby Barnes & Noble, sat in the lounge area with four sci-fi and horror magazines, crossed my legs so the shoes could be seen. Nothing. My last stop of the day was to a supermarket half a mile away to buy some V8 Splash, that place was packed too, and, yep, no one paid any attention. To be honest, in all the places I visited, I'm not sure if people were distracted by my purse (never leave home on a jaunt without one) to take notice of my shoes. Perhaps onyourtoes was on target, people truly don't notice, still, it made for quite a fun and enjoyable little experiment.

That said, I might undertake that experiment again down the road, but with red or white pumps instead. We'll see.

post-154-0-06817200-1364677526_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-16080400-1364677534_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-39418300-1364677543_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-66035800-1364677550_thumb.jpg

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

That's great Jeff. Now no one has an excuse. lol

Indeed! Hopefully, others will follow my example. Heh!

Jeff..

I would just liek to say something to put somethings in perspective. Consider this..

" Jaunt #180, 3/30/2013: ".

180 ' jaunts '.

Thats 180 times you went out and did your thing. You might have gone out more or less but at 180 jaunts.. thats 180 days or HALF A YEARS worth of days heeling!

There are many whom probably could count their outings on their fingers and toes. YOU my friend have quite a milestone behind you and a lot of smoothe open roads for Jaunts in the future ;)

God Speed to you my friend!

Dan

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

JeffB, Great use of color, today. Now you are following my lead, with your shoes matching the color of your top. I hope that you enjoyed yourself today. You presented a great look! Keep it up, I like it!!!!!! Happy Heeling, bluejay

ilikekicks: Well, it's only because I'm hopelessly anal that I keep track of my little adventures at all. Thighbootguy has probably been out and about TWICE as much as I have since he's been chronicling his outings, and that's MORE impressive. Now, since I love numbers, I've broken down my jaunts thusly:

2008: 1 jaunt every 7.4 days (began in mid-October)

2009: 1 jaunt every 8.6 days

2010: 1 jaunt every 13 days

2011: 1 jaunt every 5.9 days

2012: 1 jaunt every 10.7 days

Not bad, all things considered. As you can see, there have been peaks and valleys from year to year, and that's taking into consideration that a good ninety percent of my outings have been mainly on weekends. Still, that I've managed to go out as much as I have is quite an achievement in itself. And, yes, more is to come!

bluejay: As I'm sure you know, being properly color coordinated is EVERYTHING! :P

Jaunt #181, 3/31/2013:

I suppose that if I weren't so gosh darn anal about this jaunting stuff, I would never have gone out today. Allow me to explain. Going over my outings for 2013, I discovered something interesting, at least to me anyway. In January, I went out twice and in February I went out twice, so, having only gone out once in March (yesterday), I just had to go out today so I'd have two jaunts for this month. Furthermore, on my two January trips, I wore jeans, in February I wore skirts, now since I wore jeans for the third time this year yesterday, I simply had to equal things by wearing a skirt today. Only logical, right?

That said, I went out wearing my black pleather jacket from yesterday over a black mockneck, a 21 inch denim pencil skirt from Old Navy, the Payless "Jefferson" buckle wedge pumps and my familiar black handbag. The skirt which I had bought a couple of months ago was nice and snug and looked sharp, especially with the slit in back, and pairing it with the Jefferson wedges made for a nice combination. I headed west into Springfield and went to Best Buy, I got there some twenty minutes after it opened, and even for a late Sunday morning, there was already a good crowd inside, but as is often the case, I got little in the way of interest or curiosity or shock or surprise from shoppers around me, proof positive that the bulk of people I come across during my outings just plain don't care about how I happen to be dressed. Anyhoo, I spent well over half an hour in the store, doing my usual wandering of the aisles and ogling all the electrical and electronic goodies before going to the register with batteries for my smoke detectors and Gorgo on Blu-Ray.

After strolling out, I headed down the road to Subway for lunch, there were people inside, including a classic nuclear family already eating when I entered. The kids, five or six by my guess gaped at me as I passed by, but the parents ignored me. Sitting down not far from the foursome, I busied myself eating while the kids stole glances at me from time to time before leaving. That was pretty much it in terms of attention I got. From there, it was back home, what with afternoon showers in the forecast and college basketball tournament games to watch. Though brief, it was a nice little outing, perhaps I'll wear a variation of this outfit again in the future.

post-154-0-87531000-1364762215_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-90445300-1364762224_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-22211900-1364762232_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-68112300-1364762240_thumb.jpg

Love the latest jaunt, JeffB! Keep the spirit alive! I really like your sig line, by the way! Kitty....love the new heels! That combo works!

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

Jeff,

I'm not the only one requesting a sitting pose!

Henri

Well, I'm planning another experiment along the lines of "People Don't Look At Men's Feet" like I did in Jaunt #180, so I think I'll include a sitting pose for that. Stay tuned!

SQ: Thanks for the kind words. As for the signature, that's my philosophy! :)

Jeff, I admire your chutzpah in selecting your outifts. However, I believe that it is not so much that your shoes are noticed, it's just that people are not, as a rule, inclined to point, stare, laugh, call out, whatever it may be. They may notice, have a tought in their head, and then just continue on their way. I know that people have noticed my 4" heel boots when I've worn them out, but I've never had anyone make a comment. It is likely that most will just glance, and you'd never even know that they did notice by the time you look at them. I think most people, unless you're doing something that is deliberately seeking attention or poses some type of danger, have a live and let live attitude.

RonC: You are quite right, my friend. Ninety-nine percent of the people I do encounter in my travels have manners and aren't inclined to be crass and point, stare, chuckle, laugh out loud or call me dirty names, not even when I've worn tight jeans with thigh high boots or a short skirt and heels. However, there has been the occasion or two when I ran into the one percent who don't have manners, but those encounters were rare. But I'm not so stupid to think I can go anywhere and not run the risk of getting heckled, or worse, so I'm exceedingly careful about where I go and when. In a way, that's part of the fun for me.

I think most people, unless you're doing something that is deliberately seeking attention or poses some type of danger, have a live and let live attitude.

Hmmm... Somehow I consider wearing thigh boots with 5" stilettos either with jeans or a skirt falls into the category of "deliberately seeking attention" :penitent: , but neither Jeff nor I do any agressive activities the would imply a danger to others. I do agree that most folks "have a live and let live attitude" and I think those folks constitude more then 99% of the public. However, as the old saying goes, "It only takes one...".

Jeff - You have often mentioned cutting a jaunt short to be home in time for a game on TV. This fosters images of a guy in thigh boots and stylishly atired kicked back in a recliner with a cool drink taking in a game (unless my above comment is all wrong when it comes to watching a game :eek1: ), Consider this a picture suggestion. :text_lol:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Hmmm... Somehow I consider wearing thigh boots with 5" stilettos either with jeans or a skirt falls into the category of "deliberately seeking attention" :penitent: , but neither Jeff nor I do any agressive activities the would imply a danger to others. I do agree that most folks "have a live and let live attitude" and I think those folks constitude more then 99% of the public. However, as the old saying goes, "It only takes one...".

Quite true. I think I can speak for TBG when I say that neither he or I purposely go out of our way to seek attention while in public, though the juxtaposition of a man wearing a skirt and heels without any of the other accouterments associated with women (i.e. wigs, false breasts, makeup) is attention grabbing in itself, and yet, we manage to go about our business without ending up on the six o'clock news. Definitely a good thing I'd say.

Jeff - You have often mentioned cutting a jaunt short to be home in time for a game on TV. This fosters images of a guy in thigh boots and stylishly atired kicked back in a recliner with a cool drink taking in a game (unless my above comment is all wrong when it comes to watching a game :eek1: ), Consider this a picture suggestion. :text_lol:

Sorry to disappoint you, but when I get home after an outing, I trade my stylish attire for sweats and sneakers. :P

Jaunt #182, 4/6/2013:

Now that spring appears to have finally sprung, that means more opportunities for more outings, and today's little adventure was my second experiment with discovering whether or not people notice men's feet. So, with that in mind, I headed out today in my dark brown faux leather jacket over a brown mockneck, the a.n.a. bootcut jeans and the Payless "Kylie" wedge pump in cognac, a sort of bold tan, oh, yeah, I also added a dark brown handbag as well. My first stop of the day was to a local branch of my bank for some cash, now, one thing about the Kylie pumps is that they're whisper quiet, so no one can hear me coming, I walked half a block from where I parked to the bank ATM, passed a couple of people who didn't look. After getting my cash, I headed west to the King of Prussia Mall for a thorough test. I parked outside the entrance of the far end of the mall and headed in as that was where the mall's comic book store was, I walked in and there were a goodly number of shoppers in attendance, and no one looked or stared.

I spent a good twenty minutes in the store then left, got back in my car and drove to the main area of the mall, parked in the indoor garage and strolled right in. As it a quarter past noon, the mall was good and crowded and I walked on through and by numerous shoppers, now, I did get a few odd stares here and there, but no one stared down at my feet, everything was at eye level thanks to the handbag I was toting. That got me to thinking that the bag might've been drawing attention away from my feet, even though the Kylies were quiet, one would think they light color, not to mention it's shape and styling that screamed "WOMEN'S SHOES" would've attracted attention, instead, people stared at the purse. Upon further review, maybe I should've left the bag safely locked in the trunk, but because the pockets on the jeans were practically nonexistent, so carrying my stuff (wallet, cellphone, car keys, house keys, etc) in the pockets of the jackets was a nonstarter. And, as I've said many times before, I don't feel dressed without a purse.

With an internal shrug, I continued on my way, went to the food court (always crowded) for lunch, zeroing in on Chick-Fil-A, from there, I headed to JCPenney for some shopping, spent little over a half hour there, wandering the Ladies' side of the store (the only side that matters to me) before going to the register with, ironically enough, a new handbag, a white bag since I recent bought a pair of white platform wedge sandals at Payless, and it's important that one's bag match one's shoes. At the register, the salesperson didn't bat an eyelash when I pulled my wallet out of my bag to pay for my purchase, I guess she was focused more on getting me to spend my money. Heh! From there, more wandering here and there to window shop and to be seen, I did see a couple of people look down at my feet, but nothing more than that, people did notice the shoes, AND the bag, no doubt about that, but no one made a scene, not even a trio of young black men I passed who wore baggy jeans with the waistband down below their crotch.

After leaving the mall, I made my final stop of the day at Best Buy for some aisle wandering, and no one paid me any mind, and that included a couple of young kids who sat next to me in home theater recliners as we watched Marvel's The Avengers. I guess I just didn't register to 95 to 97 percent of the people I encountered during my outing, despite the shoes I wore. Most interesting indeed.

post-154-0-89580200-1365279242_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-91073900-1365279250_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-36418900-1365279258_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-71616600-1365279266_thumb.jpg

Looking good Jeff! I know I would't give you a second glance if I saw you out and about. And I'm not just saying that beacuse I am a fellow heel wearer myself!...........lol

Looking good Jeff! I know I would't give you a second glance if I saw you out and about. And I'm not just saying that beacuse I am a fellow heel wearer myself!...........lol

Well, I appreciate the compliment, Mr. X! Guess I did something right! Heh!

Love the combination, Jeff.

Thanks muchly. I work hard to put together good looking outfits for my adventures.

I LOVE those wedges Jeff! Nice work as usual!

Glad to hear that. In the beginning, I didn't like wedges, but now, I find them great fun to wear.

Nice pics JeffB. You certainly will not attract a lot of attention, wearing that ensemble. The wedge shoes look great with the jeans. Glad you enjoyed yourself. BTW, Louisville or Michigan State. I was rooting for Syracuse, but it wasn't meant to be. Happy Heeling, bluejay

bluejay: Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated. As for who wins tonight, I'm going with Louisville.

I didn't do a good job of indicating that when I said "deliberately seeking attention" I meant a deliberate attempt to draw attention to one's self by being loud, arrogant, rude, acting silly, whatever, and not by simply wearing clothes and shoes that are outside of the "norm". I have to admit, a man wearing heels and a skirt or dress, as a man, is rather obvioulsy going to attract attention, but it doesn't mean running about and yelling look at me, if you know what I'm trying to say.

When I said "deliberately seeking attention" I meant a deliberate attempt to draw attention to one's self by being loud, arrogant, rude, acting silly, whatever, and not by simply wearing clothes and shoes that are outside of the "norm".

Ron - I kind of figured thats what you ment, hence the :penitent: icon in my note.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I didn't do a good job of indicating that when I said "deliberately seeking attention" I meant a deliberate attempt to draw attention to one's self by being loud, arrogant, rude, acting silly, whatever, and not by simply wearing clothes and shoes that are outside of the "norm". I have to admit, a man wearing heels and a skirt or dress, as a man, is rather obvioulsy going to attract attention, but it doesn't mean running about and yelling look at me, if you know what I'm trying to say.

Nahhh! Intentionally drawing attention to myself isn't how I roll, despite how I might be dressed, I just go about my business, act like what I'm wearing is no big deal, and, to be perfectly honest, it isn't, at least not to me anyway.

Hey Jeff, love the wedges! Just awesome. I've been in the market for wedges for a while now, but can't seem to find any I like, but I like those.

Ash.

Do you have Payless in your neck of the woods? That's where I bought mine. Give that a try, either in person or online.

• 3 weeks later...

Jaunt #183, 4/27/2013:

Well, it looks like spring has finally sprung here. I know I've said that before, but I think it's really happened this time, that said, with plenty of sunshine and temps reaching into the low 70's, I headed out on a jaunt, and since it was so warm outside, that meant it was time for a skirt. I wore my 22 inch denim skirt from Penney's along with a denim style shirt, the Blondo two inch heeled loafers and my handbag. The skirt in question I've owned for almost five years now, and while I don't keep track of how many times I've worn a particular garment, I think it's safe to say I've worn this skirt more than any other I own, in fact, this was the very first skirt I wore in public way back in the summer of 2008. I love wearing this skirt because of it's simplistic styling, and it's very comfortable, even after all these years, on top of that, it just plain looks good on me, and that's an important consideration.

Anyhoo, I headed into center city, stopping off at a local branch of my bank for some cash, then I drove to my favorite comic book shop, parking close to a block away, I was able to get in a good little walk, enjoying the clicking of the loafers' heels on the pavement. The fun that comes from wearing a skirt, ANY skirt is that it feels so natural to me, and I felt nice and cool to boot, despite the warmth of the day, oh, yeah, I didn't get any stares as I walked to the comic shop. After twenty minutes in the shop, I headed back to my car and drove into South Jersey, yes, I went straight to Chick-Fil-A near the Moorestown Mall as I'm crazy for their chicken salad sandwiches. There wasn't much of a crowd when I walked in, even though it was just after noon, but while I enjoyed my lunch, the place filled up pretty well, and that included a goodly number of kids, a couple here and there stared, but their parents didn't.

From there, I headed to the nearby Barnes & Noble where I spent close to half an hour, enjoying some sci-fi magazines with a lemonade in the lounge area before going to the register with a couple of volumes of manga, again, nobody looked, nobody stared. My last stop of the day was to Best Buy, always a fun stop for me, there was a good crowd in the store, but again, nobody looked, nobody stared (sense a pattern here?) while I trolled the aisles, sat in a home theater lounger and put my feet up while watching ten minutes of The Dark Knight Rises, then headed to the register with the Blu-Ray version of Django Unchained. All in all, a good outing to close out the month of April. Look for more coming soon!

post-154-0-59359200-1367094563_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-37912900-1367094570_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-82233600-1367094576_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-13490900-1367094583_thumb.jpg

JeffB, Glad you finally had a chance to go on a heeling jaunt. Yes, with the warm weather finally arriving we all can enjoy some heeling in the "sunshine". Your ensemble looked great for your latest jaunt, today. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself! Happy Heeling, bluejay