The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

I would agree that is an incorrect assumption. Some eight years ago, I worked with a gay man, nicest guy I had ever been around, not to mention a rabid fan of Philly sports teams, and he once told me that he hated stereotypes about gay men, that they're flamboyant and wore women's clothing, he said that nothing was further from the truth. In my case, I wear the clothes because I like to, not because I'm on the prowl for men or trying to attract them, that's silly. Of course, to the uninformed, they no doubt have that erroneous opinion, and, more often than not, nothing can shake them of that belief.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Something struck me reading all thes posts that I had never considered before which may explain why so many, men and women, have misconceptions about gay men. They are among the most productive and creative people on Earth. Designers of fashion the world over, designers of all the fabulous heels we love, the world's best hairdressers, chefs, artists, etc. are dominated by gay men and some women and so many of them are so misunderstood. They tend to be much more affluent than the average heterosexual man because they are so involved and I think this fuels the fires of mystery. There will always be intrigue and outright jealousy by those inside a certain box toward those outside of a certain box. When I think back through all the relationships I have had, from friends to neighbors, family members, and extended family members, I can think of two whom I trusted implicitly. Implicitly for me means such; If in some emergency I needed to retrieve three things from my safe, and I am thousands of miles away, I could give these two people the safe combination and they would retrieve only those items, peer at nothing else, and secure those items for me without asking why I needed them because these peple have demonstrated LOYALTY to me and this is something of a lost virtue. Both these individuals are gay, one a female musician in Vancouver and the other a gay man in Flagstaff, AZ. I have discovered a person's sexual orientation , while a big thing to others, completely dissappears behind the overwhelming sense of trust these people have earned because of their ETHICS. A person, whom you trust implicitly, does not have to ask why something is done or why you ask since they already know you will tell them in due time. People fear what they don't understand or what they perceive they may be in competition with for reasons known only to them. We cannot control what other people think but we can help guide the conversation away from mistrust and toward understanding. HappyinHeels

Most people have to earn mistrust and I seriously don,t believe sexual orientation has much, if anything, to do with with it.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

At the end of the day, it's just clothes, nothing more, nothing less. Why people insist upon assigning gender labels or sexual orientation on clothing is a mystery to me. Damn stupid as well. Just as women are allowed to wear jeans and hiking boots without facing reprecussions, men should be allowed to wear skirts and heels and be given the same level of public acceptance. Yeah, yeah, I know that's a naive viewpoint, but that's what I believe.

I would agree that is an incorrect assumption. Some eight years ago, I worked with a gay man, nicest guy I had ever been around, not to mention a rabid fan of Philly sports teams, and he once told me that he hated stereotypes about gay men, that they're flamboyant and wore women's clothing, he said that nothing was further from the truth. In my case, I wear the clothes because I like to, not because I'm on the prowl for men or trying to attract them, that's silly. Of course, to the uninformed, they no doubt have that erroneous opinion, and, more often than not, nothing can shake them of that belief.

I dont mean to hijack your jaunt, but I would like to express a ' finding ' and my view on it.

When reading posts, I sometimes often reflect on whom I am posting to. Granted, Im very rough around the edges and somewhat staunch in my ways ( yes, Im an ass! ;) ), but there are many things Im outright ' neutral ' on.

Until I read your last post, I didnt know if you were gay, straight, bisexual..

Whats not odd.. I didnt know nor did I care.

At the end of the day, it's just clothes, nothing more, nothing less. Why people insist upon assigning gender labels or sexual orientation on clothing is a mystery to me. Damn stupid as well. Just as women are allowed to wear jeans and hiking boots without facing reprecussions, men should be allowed to wear skirts and heels and be given the same level of public acceptance. Yeah, yeah, I know that's a naive viewpoint, but that's what I believe.

I still have no idea why people must equate clothing to genders. Your viewpoint is not naive, but probably more common then you or I might know about. Its very rare that I am harassed for what I wear. You go to an even higher level of freestyle then I do and I dont really recall you ever posting anything very condescending in the reviews that you have received while out on your jaunts.

Cheers!

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I dont mean to hijack your jaunt, but I would like to express a ' finding ' and my view on it.

When reading posts, I sometimes often reflect on whom I am posting to. Granted, Im very rough around the edges and somewhat staunch in my ways ( yes, Im an ass! ;) ), but there are many things Im outright ' neutral ' on.

Until I read your last post, I didnt know if you were gay, straight, bisexual..

Whats not odd.. I didnt know nor did I care.

Well, that's certainly good to know. And, for the record, I am straight.

I still have no idea why people must equate clothing to genders. Your viewpoint is not naive, but probably more common then you or I might know about. Its very rare that I am harassed for what I wear. You go to an even higher level of freestyle then I do and I dont really recall you ever posting anything very condescending in the reviews that you have received while out on your jaunts.

Other than a giggle or chuckle or a pointed index finger here and there (and even that's been rare), I haven't been harassed either, not even when I've gone out in a miniskirt and heels. Fancy that. I recently joked in another thread that I'm too imposing a figure for people to make fun of when dressed in women's clothes, but I attribute the lack of attention, be it positive or negative to being ignored by the public as they're too wrapped up in their own lives and affairs to bother with me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

And now to get things back on track with a new jaunt....

Jaunt #179, 2/24/2013:

After a soggy and overcast Saturday, I decided to hit the road for a little outing before settling in to watch the Phillies playing spring training baseball against Detroit. Yes, spring training baseball. I know, I know, I'm a sports junkie, a month from now when the NCAA men's basketball tournament (a.k.a. March Madness) kicks off, you won't hear from me at all! :P

Meanwhile, I hit the road in my chocolate brown faux leather jacket over a black mockneck, a 39 inch brown knit skirt (similar to the gray skirt I wore in Jaunt #178, also bought at Sears), a matching woven belt, the Pleaser 2013 Vanity knee boots and a dark brown handbag. As I've said before, I feel perfect at ease and comfortable in a skirt as I do in heels, the funny thing is that it took a wee bit longer to establish that comfort factor with carrying a handbag, and, as I've also said way too many times, now, I don't leave the house without a purse. But I digress, I headed west into Springfield and Best Buy as I was looking for a video adapter for my laptop, after arriving, I hopped right out and headed inside, the store was fairly well populated at little after 11:30 a.m. and practically no one paid me any attention, no gasps, no long stares, no giggles, titters or chuckles or pointed fingers, I walked up to a salesperson, told him what I looked for and he took me right to the area where I found the gadget I sought. After nearly thirty minutes of happy wandering, I went to the register, paid for my item and left, simple as that.

Now, I'm not going to say I've become jaded about my freestyling and the fact people don't give me so much as the time of day, I still wish for people to come up to me with questions or comments, either positive or negative about my attire, if but for no other reason than to chat about what I wear and I why I wear it. I'm sure that would result in good conversation, perhaps I might even be able to enlighten or open a closed mind about freestyling and why men choose to wear women's clothes and/or footwear. I do feel a measure of disappointment when said opportunities fail to present themselves, as was the case today. Oh, well, there's always next time.

post-154-0-97394800-1361730847_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-67933200-1361730854_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-13696300-1361730861_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-67826900-1361730867_thumb.jpg

Love reading your stuff Jeff. I am not personally a fan of long skirts on a man or a women! But that is besides my point! I like reading your stuff! You are one of many around here helping our cause with your constant stream of pics and posts about your jaunts. Thank you! And happy heeling!

Mr. X: Well, I can't expect everyone to like what I wear, but that's cool! I appreciate your honesty. I'm also appreciate your comments about my little adventures, and I'm glad to be helping the cause in my own unique way.

JeffB, Everyone has their likes and dislikes in fashions and heels. That's why there is such a variety out there for us to choose from. I too, like your sense of fashion style, so keep on posting! BTW, that's a nice looking ensemble that you wore out on your last jaunt. Happy Heeling, bluejay

That is so true! We do have a lot more to choose from now. I wouldn't want to leave the house if I had to be stuck wearing all the boring, lame mens clothes and shoes. Jeff B, how often do you get comments on your looks. I don't get any comments hardly at all on heels and clothes( except for my family and friends), but get compliments on my hair quite a lot, even from guys. Most women ask me what perfume I'm wearing. As with the clothes, you're probably like me, heels and girls clothes is a normal everyday thing. Any bad experiences? In toronto anything goes, 2 foot mohawks, drop pants rappers, justin bieber wannabes. What's it like around philly? Ashley.

JeffB,

Everyone has their likes and dislikes in fashions and heels. That's why there is such a variety out there for us to choose from. I too, like your sense of fashion style, so keep on posting!

BTW, that's a nice looking ensemble that you wore out on your last jaunt.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Thanks for the kind words. I simply do the very best I can in trying to present a stylish and tasteful look for when I'm out in public.

That is so true! We do have a lot more to choose from now. I wouldn't want to leave the house if I had to be stuck wearing all the boring, lame mens clothes and shoes.

Jeff B, how often do you get comments on your looks. I don't get any comments hardly at all on heels and clothes( except for my family and friends), but get compliments on my hair quite a lot, even from guys. Most women ask me what perfume I'm wearing. As with the clothes, you're probably like me, heels and girls clothes is a normal everyday thing. Any bad experiences? In toronto anything goes, 2 foot mohawks, drop pants rappers, justin bieber wannabes. What's it like around philly?

Ashley.

Compliments? Not many. Like you, people rarely give me so much as the time of day, not even when I've worn a miniskirt and thigh high boots, and I'll admit I've found that a wee bit puzzling at times, but hey, what can you do? I suppose that because I exhibit a casual air while wearing skirts and heels that people figure I'm not worth bothering with. As for bad experiences, those have been even fewer, especially in downtown Philly where I roam most, I've also seen goth kids with brightly colored Mohawks, pretend gangstas with jeans worn down at the crotch, but no Justin Bieber wannabes, thank God.

I'm embarrassed to be Canadian with lame nerds like Justin Bieber! My favorite band is HEART! They had some hot heels back in the day. When you wear your kneehigh boots, do your pantyhose get ruined quickly. That's a problem I get. I wear boots barefoot sometimes! Ashley.

I'm embarrassed to be Canadian with lame nerds like Justin Bieber!

You have my deepest sympathy! :P

When you wear your kneehigh boots, do your pantyhose get ruined quickly. That's a problem I get. I wear boots barefoot sometimes!

Yes, that's a problem with me as well. During winter, I usually go with tights which are a tad thicker and are more durable. I also go barefoot, but have cushioned insoles in all my boots.

I gave up hose for tights years ago, and no, I don't wear either during warmer months. In the winter, however, all the time.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I gave up hose for tights years ago, and no, I don't wear either during warmer months. In the winter, however, all the time.

Tights make a suitable substitute for long underwear during winter. Heh!

Tights make a suitable substitute for long underwear during winter. Heh!

Right on JeffB. I will wear tights in winter to keep my legs warm too, even if I'm not wearing heels. They're much nicer to wear than "long johns", anyway.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Jeff,

I read and view your posts as often as I can. I do have one suggestion. In many of your posts you state that you go to the book store and sit in the coffee shop to read the news or magazines. Yet when you take your pics; the poses are always the same. I have never seen a pic of you sitting. Think about it.

Henri

Sitting, eh? Hmm! Interesting! Perhaps I'll give that a try sometime. Thanks for the suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff, haven't heard of any jaunts for a while. Is everything ok? Some sitting poses as well as pix whilst on your jaunts would help me see how good it looks... Heading out to a party tomorrow in a kilt and boots... Its a fancy dress theme :wink: Keep those jaunts coming :)

Kilty: Not to worry, everything's okay, things have just been busy of late and I haven't had time for going on jaunts. As John Lennon was famous for saying, "Life is what happens when you're busy making plans". I hope to head out on a new adventure soon.

Jeff. finally, a pic of me! My first set of heels - although they aren't high :) It's just a simple pencil skirt teamed with some brown boots. My first venture outside today was to a shop to get some milk, A raised eyebrow from the shopkeeper, yet no adverse comments, even from the 3 black youths who were behind me as I paid up. I would wear a kilt, but a pleated skirt in this cold weather would be too much :penitent: The black one was nice and snug ;-) One lady in her 20s complimented me, saying more guys should embrace the manskirt :pulsingheart: Looking forward to your next jaunt ;-)

Jeff. finally, a pic of me! My first set of heels - although they aren't high :) It's just a simple pencil skirt teamed with some brown boots. My first venture outside today was to a shop to get some milk, A raised eyebrow from the shopkeeper, yet no adverse comments, even from the 3 black youths who were behind me as I paid up. I would wear a kilt, but a pleated skirt in this cold weather would be too much :penitent: The black one was nice and snug ;-) One lady in her 20s complimented me, saying more guys should embrace the manskirt :pulsingheart:

Looking forward to your next jaunt ;-)

A very intimidating look you have there, Kilty. I quite like it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Bravo, Kilty! That's an absolutely awesome look! Two thumbs up, my friend!

Jeff. finally, a pic of me! My first set of heels - although they aren't high :) It's just a simple pencil skirt teamed with some brown boots. My first venture outside today was to a shop to get some milk

My first venture out in a skirt was to a doctors appointment for a surgical follow-up! You had it easy! :D

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

My first venture outside today was to a shop to get some milk, A raised eyebrow from the shopkeeper, yet no adverse comments, even from the 3 black youths who were behind me as I paid up.

Kitty;

If that is a normal sized door behind you, I'm not surprised that 'the 3 black youths who were behind" offered no comment.

I like your look. Suggestion: Wear the skirt waist a few inches higher. I think it would balance the look a little better and it would make you legs look even longer (that's a good thing).

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I like your look. Suggestion: Wear the skirt waist a few inches higher. I think it would balance the look a little better and it would make you legs look even longer (that's a good thing).

TBG

Sorry TBG. I would have to disagree with you on this one.

While raising the waist line would create the illusion of extending the legs, it does so at the expense of shortening the torso. I would recommend a shorter skirt as a better alternative to raising the waistline.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Sorry TBG. I would have to disagree with you on this one.

While raising the waist line would create the illusion of extending the legs, it does so at the expense of shortening the torso. I would recommend a shorter skirt as a better alternative to raising the waistline.

I also agree with Shafted. The waistline on Kilty's outfit looks good right where it is as a shortened torso doesn't look all that good to me. And yeah, there's nothing wrong with a shorter skirt, in fact, I recommend it! :)

• Like 1