The Jaunts of JeffB!

JeffB

Both outfits look great and the white is very striking. That is not something to wear if you don’t want to be noticed. Mr.X is correct on his observation on how easy it is to "dirty up" white clothing. You even have to be careful about where you sit. I've noted before that wearing my white thigh boots requires care when I'm driving because it is so easy to mark them up with peddle or the sole of the one of the boots. Anyway, as always… looking good.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Mr. X & TBG: I must say it was plenty exciting to have worn white and my heart was beating just a little faster than normal when I got out of the car. Boy, that had been a lot of fun! And yeah, I was very careful when I was at Pizza Hut and just about everywhere else as white attracts dirt and stains. Nevertheless, I can't wait to wear that skort again, and soon!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Once again bravo Jeff. And don't worry about wearing white, it's summer. Funny how a well put together outfit never draws attention. For example here's one I wore for a quick run to play my lotto. A pair of my old peep-toe wedges from Payless which happen to match the shirt. rxpost-1030-0-74351500-1340955889_thumb.jp

Edited by rxrenesis

More great jaunts Jeff! You saying that you got no reactions with either outfit made me wonder how I'd react if I'd seen you. I think I'd have noticed you in the long denim skirt because it's a big blocks of colur and the proportions seem to bring out your male physique. Conversely even though the white skort is brighter and stands out more I think the proportions look more balanced overall (the just above the knee with the slightly lower waistline) and it really needs a specific pose (like your third one in the skort) to emphasise your male body shape. I guess I'm saying that I think the white skort outfit works better, while maybe the proportions of the denim outfit might be broken up by a pattern element to the fabrics? I'm not professing to be some kind of fashion guru or anything, but that's an experiment that crosses my mind, that's all.

If you like it, wear it.

rxrenesis: Thanks for the kind words! Much appreciated! You looked good in your outfit too! SleekHeels: It was rather unusual that no one took much of a notice in what I wore, especially the white skort which would stand out on a woman, never mind a man. However, it never occurred to me how both outfits I wore last Sunday emphasized my male physique. Hmm! Interesting!

• 3 weeks later...

Jaunt #158, 7/21/2012

Wow! Hard to believe it's been pretty much a month since my last jaunt! Where does the time go when you're having fun? Anyhoo, having recently bought three new pairs of shoes at Payless a few days ago, I thought I'd break them in, starting with the "Jefferson" buckle wedge in black which I paired with a royal blue campshirt, my Old Navy peasant skirt and a black handbag. I thought about wearing a shorter skirt, but I've really come to enjoy wearing long gauzy skirts during spring and summer.

My first stop was to a local branch of my bank in University City to deposit a check I had gotten in the mail the other day, I hopped out without a care, paid for parking then strolled to the bank. Like the other wedges in my collection, the Jeffersons with their three inch heels were fairly quiet on the pavement, a bummer since I like my heels good and loud. No matter, I just loved the styling of the shoes and how they looked on my feet. Once inside the bank, I waited ten minutes to be served, there were a goodly number of people inside, but I paid them no mind, and if they stared at me, so be it, to me, it's just part of the deal. The teller who waited on me gave me a smile in greeting and took the check, no problem, then wished me a good day, I responded with a grin then left. From there, it was off to Center City and my favorite comic shop where I bought the week's new books and chatted for a few minutes about The Dark Knight Rises.

After leaving the shop, I walked down the block and around the corner to a convenience store for a newspaper, when I left and crossed the street to return to my car, I passed by a woman who looked to be in her thirties who said in passing, "Pretty skirt." Ahh, nothing like a compliment! Next, it was off to South Jersey and Chick-Fil-A for lunch, got more than a few stares here and there, but I paid them no heed as I bought my food and ate. My final stop was the nearby Barnes & Noble where I spent little over half an hour. This was where my second compliment of the day, in the magazine section, another woman, this one in her forties looked down at my feet, grinned and said, "Oh, those are really cute shoes! The buckle really stands out! Where did you get them?" When I said Payless, she looked surprised, so I said, "Hey! Why spend more money on shoes than you have to!" The woman chuckled and agreed with me.

Once again, I demonstrated that by dressing tastefully for the environment I was in, I could wear women's clothes in public and not be seen as some sort of freak or oddity. However, I did find it humorously odd that one woman noticed the skirt while the other saw only the shoes. Speaking of the shoes, I certainly enjoyed wearing the Jeffersons, I mean, when you buy new shoes, you should fully show them off, and you can't do that in jeans! Well, that's MY theory anyway, but then, I'm crazy in the head for skirts, so I'm rather biased!

post-154-0-65148000-1342904458_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-74851500-1342904469_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-35811900-1342904480_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-67076100-1342904492_thumb.jpg

Edited by JeffB

roniheels: The pleasure was all mine!

Jaunt #159, 7/22/2012:

Just a short jaunt today, but it was enjoyable nonetheless as I took the Payless "Jefferson" buckle wedge pumps in brown for a spin, pairing them with a brown polo shirt, a 20 inch tan skirt from JCPenney and my black short strap handbag. In retrospect regarding that outfit, I should have a brown bag to match the shoes, perhaps I'll take that under consideration the next time I'm in a department store. Anyhoo, the brown Jeffersons were just as much a treat to wear as the black pair, stylish, comfortable and damn good looking on my feet. If only I had known long ago how much FUN it is to wear wedge heels! Something tells me I'm going to get a lot of wear out of the Jeffersons in the future.

Back to the outing, I headed westward to Springfield and Office Depot for a fresh ream of paper for my printer, when I entered, most of the sales staff were gathered some fifteen feet away for a meeting on back to school sales and such from what I overheard, a couple of them glanced at me as I walked past, nothing more. At the register with my purchase, I was treated like every other customer (though there weren't many of them at 11:45 on a Sunday morning) despite how I was dressed. After leaving, I walked a hundred yards to Subway for lunch, a couple of motorists driving by glanced at me in passing, other than a dropped jaw, no big deal. In Subway, empty of customers, I had a six inch Italian B.M.T. and a bottle of grape soda and it was a quiet lunch which I enjoyed with today's sport section.

My last stop of the day was to Best Buy as I hadn't been there in a couple of weeks and wanted to see what was new. After parking in the lot and walking towards the store, I did garner a couple of stares as I strolled in, I thought I heard a chuckle, but I wasn't sure, nor did I care. One of the goals of my outings is to be seen and gauge the reactions of those around me, I would say that a good 98 percent of the people in the store paid precious little attention to me. I often find myself idly wondering how many of the people who pass me by take note of what I wear on my little adventures, given how they're so absorbed in their affairs, and whether or not a middle aged black man in a skirt and high heels even registers in their minds. I'm sure I do to some and don't to others. It all depends on the person.

In any event, while short, this was still an enjoyable outing as I got to break in some new shoes and strut my stuff, casually of course. Heh!

post-154-0-40133800-1342982422_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-53490500-1342982433_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-26557500-1342982442_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-63679600-1342982452_thumb.jpg

Nice read as always Jeff! I definitely agree with you about the bag. It is nice, but just not right for this outfit. The outfit is nice but I think it needs a pop of colour somewhere.

Mr. X: Pop of color, eh? Hmm! Interesting! Well, I'm always open to suggestions. What would have changed on that outfit? Kilty: Thanks for the kind words. I'm of the opinion that men only have these "options" if they choose to use them, but most won't. I'm comfortable enough in my own skin to wear skirts and heels in public and still be very much a guy, I'm just more unique than the rest of the crowd.

roniheels: The pleasure was all mine!

Jaunt #159, 7/22/2012:

Just a short jaunt today, but it was enjoyable nonetheless as I took the Payless "Jefferson" buckle wedge pumps in brown for a spin, pairing them with a brown polo shirt, a 20 inch tan skirt from JCPenney and my black short strap handbag. In retrospect regarding that outfit, I should have a brown bag to match the shoes, perhaps I'll take that under consideration the next time I'm in a department store. Anyhoo, the brown Jeffersons were just as much a treat to wear as the black pair, stylish, comfortable and damn good looking on my feet. If only I had known long ago how much FUN it is to wear wedge heels! Something tells me I'm going to get a lot of wear out of the Jeffersons in the future.

Back to the outing, I headed westward to Springfield and Office Depot for a fresh ream of paper for my printer, when I entered, most of the sales staff were gathered some fifteen feet away for a meeting on back to school sales and such from what I overheard, a couple of them glanced at me as I walked past, nothing more. At the register with my purchase, I was treated like every other customer (though there weren't many of them at 11:45 on a Sunday morning) despite how I was dressed. After leaving, I walked a hundred yards to Subway for lunch, a couple of motorists driving by glanced at me in passing, other than a dropped jaw, no big deal. In Subway, empty of customers, I had a six inch Italian B.M.T. and a bottle of grape soda and it was a quiet lunch which I enjoyed with today's sport section.

My last stop of the day was to Best Buy as I hadn't been there in a couple of weeks and wanted to see what was new. After parking in the lot and walking towards the store, I did garner a couple of stares as I strolled in, I thought I heard a chuckle, but I wasn't sure, nor did I care. One of the goals of my outings is to be seen and gauge the reactions of those around me, I would say that a good 98 percent of the people in the store paid precious little attention to me. I often find myself idly wondering how many of the people who pass me by take note of what I wear on my little adventures, given how they're so absorbed in their affairs, and whether or not a middle aged black man in a skirt and high heels even registers in their minds. I'm sure I do to some and don't to others. It all depends on the person.

In any event, while short, this was still an enjoyable outing as I got to break in some new shoes and strut my stuff, casually of course. Heh!

Nice outfit and colours,Jeff!

Looking good!

I like the combination… even the flats.

Jaunt #159, 7/22/2012:

I would say that a good 98 percent of the people in the store paid precious little attention to me

I’m impressed… all the way up to 2% that noticed.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Real nice outfit Jeff. A camel-coloured bag (and matching belt or even shoes) might be another alternative too.

http://shopsueyboutique.wordpress.com/2010/07/21/fall-2010-handbag-trends-camel-colored/

Or a pale shade of cream (lighter than the skirt) may be another shade that works too.

I'm sure you have no shortage if ideas, just not enough time to try them all !

If you like it, wear it.

Good looking outfit. I think you look much better in a short skirt than the longer one that you wore on your last outing. You look much more streamlined and I like the shades of brown you put together. Much more attractive, in my opinion. Thanks for sharing.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Skirtedvik: Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated. TBG: I'd say that the two percent who did notice were a combination of puzzled and amused. That's okay by me. SleekHeels: Thanks for the link. Since I've come around to appreciating brown and tan, I'll have to buy a matching bag. And yes, ideas do abound! HA! Bubba136: Oh, I won't at all deny I look my best in a short skirt which shows off my long legs, but something about wearing long, gauzy skirts like what I sported on Saturday brings out my inner Bohemian.

Mr. X: Pop of color, eh? Hmm! Interesting! Well, I'm always open to suggestions. What would have changed on that outfit?.

I'm not even sure. A red/wine color bag perhaps might look good.

Edited by Mr. X

I'm not even sure. A red/wine color bag perhaps might look good.

Hmm! Interesting! In any event, it'll certainly be quite a challenge to break away from carrying black bags around on my little adventures! :silly:

Edited by JeffB

In any event, it'll certainly be quite a challenge to break away from carrying black bags around on my little adventures! :silly:

I agree! I have a black camera type bag. And I always seem to use it no matter what I am wearing. I recently bought a tan bag, and that was a stretch for me. I can't imagine using colored bags. Plus I haven't seen too many colored "man bags". And I don't see myself switching to purses anytime soon...lol

I agree! I have a black camera type bag. And I always seem to use it no matter what I am wearing. I recently bought a tan bag, and that was a stretch for me. I can't imagine using colored bags. Plus I haven't seen too many colored "man bags". And I don't see myself switching to purses anytime soon...lol

Carrying a purse around is no big deal, I never go on a jaunt without one! Meanwhile, perhaps I'll go shopping this weekend and see about picking up a brown or tan handbag. Maybe I'll see about buying another brown top as well. Should be interesting.

I'm loving the look! That tan number is gorgeous and shows off your legs so well! You'd have killer pins for a pencil skirt if you were to push the envelope that bit more.... having had a dig down the back of the internet, I see a few guys in London are already trying skirts as an alternative to the usual same old trousers :)

Posted Image

I just love this guy's confidence, plus the skirt looks great ;-)

Looking forward to the next jaunt ;-)

Kitty, Jeff,

I finally think this picture is real. What bothered me was the perfectly shaved legs.

It looks really well in the whole outfit.

In my opinion some skirts could look good with hairy legs (kilts or man skirts).

But with this one, and especially with the pumps, shaving is mandatory for the look.

Carrying a purse around is no big deal, I never go on a jaunt without one!

I now carry one all the time, heels or not. I either have all my stuff with me or none of it. There is no more "Oh I left my keys in my other pants"...

Mine is a conservative black purse with a long shoulder strap. I haven't noticed that it generates any extra attention at work or anywhere I go without my boots.

post-530-0-40110600-1338759463_thumb.jpg

TBG

Hey, TBG! Nice pic! You look very sharp! Meanwhile, I feel naked without a handbag when I go on a jaunt, it's become part of me and what I do as a freestyler. Never thought I would say something like that a few years ago.

Jaunt #160, 7/28/2012:

Just a short outing since the weather report was calling for severe afternoon thunderstorms, and I didn't want to be outside in all that. Anyhoo, since it's Saturday, I decided to go the purely casual route by wearing a blue campshirt, my 22 inch denim skirt, the Payless "Cori" wedge flats and a handbag. That skirt which I bought at JCPenney nearly four years ago is as comfortable to me as any item of clothing, male or female I've ever owned, I just feel so at ease and at home in that skirt which I've worn more than any other and remains as stylish to me now as it did way back in 2008. Oh, and taking into consideration that it was in the mid 80's with searing sunshine, wearing a skirt was also very practical as it kept me perfectly cool while out and about. I can't see myself bothering with jeans or even capris while the weather remains as icky hot as it's been, and that's fine by me!

My first stop of the day was to University City and a branch of my bank for some spending money, getting out of the car, I got a quick stare from a guy in passing but he didn't say anything. After tapping the ATM and getting back to my car, it was off to center city and my comic book shop, parking a block away (parking can be damn hard to find downtown), I walked to the shop, passing several people, none of whom gave me so much as a glance at how I was dressed, for sure the staff of the comic shop didn't care, given that I was a loyal and regular customer, and it was good to know I accorded that level of respect from the guys. From there, it was off to South Jersey where I stopped at Chick-Fil-A near Moorestown Mall for lunch, the place was fairly full and busy as I walked in, but again, practically no one gave me the time of day, not even little kids with their parents as the store had an attached play area for the tykes. It was kinda nice to be ignored. Heh!

My last stop of the day was to Best Buy where I spent a solid thirty plus minutes, wandered the aisles and grilled a salesperson about the reliability of plasma hi-def TV sets before going to the register with Blu-Ray versions of Wrath of the Titans and Smokey and the Bandit (yes, I liked that flick, so sue me). With the skies darkening fast, I hopped in the car and returned home. While short, it was another enjoyable outing, I've said this before and I'll say it again, it's important, no, CRUCIAL to effect a calm, cool, casual demeanor while out and about on your adventures, whether you're just wearing heels under long jeans, or exposing yourself to the world by wearing a skirt like I do. By showing the world that what you wear is no big deal to you will give others that same impression and they won't take undue interest in you. So, go out and enjoy!

post-154-0-85243400-1343504773_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-78561200-1343504782_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-72164300-1343504789_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-30303900-1343504798_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I too, am shopping for an additional purse or two.... I now have a dark brown pair of boots. I'm not sure if the belt matches the shoes matched the purse is required. I've worn a bright red belt with a black skirt and a black shoe (or boots) and black purse. I find that my smaller purse is very handy for most trips, credit cards, keys phone (gotta have an external pocket for the phone for easy access). The awkward thing - or perhaps interesting thing - about changing purses is that you do have to plan ahead to transfer the important stuff... When without purse I use a money clip for cash and a separate credit card holder for cards and drivers licence. Both are easy to swap from one purse to the other, as well. I'm thinking od getting a slightly larger sachel for my iPad this time around, but I still don't want it to be too bulky... I've been shopping for a week or so - now and then - still haven't found the right one.

Kilty: Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it. Oh, sure, there will be plenty of new outings in the future, lots of warm weather remaining this summer and beyond to flaunt my stuff in skirts! On the subject of confidence, it doesn't come easily, not even for me, but it can be achieved, so don't be down, just do the best you can and push the envelope as much as you can. You'll find that to be great fun! Tallguyinheels: Being kinda anal, I try to make sure my belt, shoes and handbag are color coordinated, I think it makes for a nicer overall image. Just like with shoes and skirts, shopping for handbags is a delightful experience, so many types, sizes and colors, it can be dizzying as I try to make up my mind as to what I'd like to have. At one time, I was content with having only black purses since I wore mainly black shoes, but since I've began wearing brown and tan shoes and clothing, it's now essential I have a bag to match. I have a fairly large bag for use when I take my iPad out, it's roomy and has plenty of space for it, wallet, keys and an umbrella which I never travel without.

Edited by JeffB

Jaunt #161, 8/11/2012:

As folks here know well, I like to push the envelope every now and then on my little adventures, mainly to see just what I can, or can't get away with. And, to be honest, it's great fun to broaden the horizons in my freestyling. In this case, I decided to get dressed up for a visit to the local branch of my bank as I needed to obtain a safe deposit box for some important papers I didn't want to keep in my house. So, I headed out to the bank in my red campshirt, the 30 inch A-line denim skirt, the Payless "Jefferson" buckle wedge pumps and a black handbag. After arriving in the bank parking lot half a block away, I hopped out without a second thought, headed to the bank and walked in, pretty as you please. It was close to noon and there was a good crowd inside, and more than a few took notice of me, but I didn't take notice of them as I acted calm and cool like what I wore was no big deal, and it wasn't.

Taking a seat in the lounge area, a bank employee, taking no notice of my attire asked what sort of help I needed, I told her I was interested in opening a safe deposit box, she took down my information and told me someone would help me soon. As it turned out, "soon" was a relative concept as I waited for more than half an hour before I was waited on, during which time, I garnered stares and second glances here and there, including one young black man some ten feet away who occasionally stared at me with narrowed eyes every chance he got while he was being waited on. Didn't take a genius to see he disapproved of my attire, and that was the ultimate in hypocrisy on his part, because when he stood up, it turned out he was one of those urban guys who wore his jeans WELL below his waist, openly displaying blue plaid boxers, a "fashion" style I find hilarious. And he had the nerve to disapprove of me, and I was dressed more appropriately for my surroundings than him!

To make a long story short, I was finally waited on, and was treated with nothing but respect as I obtained my box, was told the procedure for using it, I put my papers in it and went on my way. Despite being there for nearly an hour, it was a good chance to gauge reactions of those around me, and, for the most part, no one raised a fuss. After leaving the bank, it was off for center city where I parked a block away from my favorite comic book shop and strolled there, garnering not so much as a stare from people around me. Oh, sure, people notice, they can't help but notice a middle aged guy in a skirt, but they choose to pay me no mind as they go about their own business and affairs. As usual, the guys at the comic shop also don't give what I'm wearing a second thought as I picked up the newest books. Then, it was over the bridge into South Jersey where I went to Sears where I looked for a brown handbag, but couldn't find anything I liked, but I did buy a nice brown skirt.

Then, I tried JCPenney and, much to my frustration, I couldn't find anything I liked there either, however, I did buy a brown belt to go with the new skirt and an interesting t-shirt that I'll show off on a future jaunt. In both stores, I shopped at my leisure, and no one paid me any mind, sure, there were glances and stares and a double take here and there, but nothing more than that, I was simply another shopper, and that's how I wanted to be treated. All in all, a good trip that I enjoyed.

Jaunt #162, 8/12/2012:

Back to back jaunts on an early August weekend. Ahh! What fun! For this short outing on a late Sunday morning, I headed out in a light purple polo shirt, a 20 inch dark denim stretch skirt I bought at Old Navy last month, the Payless "Cori" wedge flats and a handbag to match. The new skirt was both cute and comfortable to wear, and it has a slit in back. Whoo!! I decided to head west to Springfield, and my first stop was to the Target store at the Springfield Mall in search of a brown handbag which I failed to find yesterday in South Jersey. After parking, I hopped right out and walked in the store, I did get a few stares here and there as I made my way to the women's accessories section, and, after a good fifteen minutes worth of searching, I found a bag I thought would go well with the brown "Jefferson" pumps, I also found another brown belt that caught my eye because of how stylish it looked and took both to the register when I spent about forty bucks.

While I'm sure more than a few people took notice of me and how I was dressed, I took no notice of them as I went about my business, however, there were no gasps, giggles or guffaws (or the electronic clicking of camera equipped cellphones), and there were a goodly number of kids and teenagers in the store at the time, and that was good enough for me. After leaving Target, I headed down the road to a nearby strip mall where I had lunch at Subway, there were half a dozen people ahead of me in the store, but this group spent more time yakking with each than taking notice of me the whole time we were all in the store. My third and final stop of the day was to Best Buy for no other reason than to wander the aisles and be noticed, the store was fairly full for an early Sunday afternoon, but, just like at Target, I wasn't made the star of the show by scores of people gaping and gasping at me, sure, I got a few stares here and there, but nothing more than that.

But here's something funny, after going to the register with a CD of Foreigner's greatest hits (a spur of the moment purchase), the salesperson, a young black man complimented me on---wait for it---the sunglasses dangling from the neckline of my shirt, nothing about my skirt at all, when I told him I bought them at a drug store, he chuckled. Kooky thing, eh? Anyhoo, another enjoyable outing.

post-154-0-66003100-1344768108_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-06109000-1344768117_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-33447200-1344768126_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-44061500-1344768137_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-24383700-1344799902_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-40090900-1344799909_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-52864900-1344799917_thumb.jpg

post-154-0-31257100-1344799924_thumb.jpg

Love the sunglasses remark, Jeff. I've had similar responses to tees I was wearing with my skinnies and stiletto boots.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.