Who has bought some new shoes

gj

A co-worker found these for me the other day. LOVE the height - and the toe cleavage!

This is a pair of platforms that I would consider, and I'm not much for platforms. I haven't seen a pair of shoes with that much toe cleavage in a few years. Are they a current season style?

This is a pair of platforms that I would consider, and I'm not much for platforms. I haven't seen a pair of shoes with that much toe cleavage in a few years. Are they a current season style?

They were on the Sale rack at Dillards - and on sale for $31.......

So I guess they are the last seasons version, but I like them.

Just picked up these pairs. All comments are encouraged and appreciated!

Really like the black pumps.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

A couple more pairs. The white ones in this set are really cute and although I'm not really into chunky heels, the decoration on the vamp was very attractive to me. They are bridal heels from the Lela Rose collection. Thank you for letting me share!

post-30196-133522945519_thumb.jpg

post-30196-13352294553_thumb.jpg

post-30196-13352294554_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522945795_thumb.jpg

Last two for now, promise! The turquoise pair are from Nine West and the black pumps from Charles David. I believe the black pair feature a true classic almond shape toe box and vamp cut. Fairly high stilettos that show off some nice toe cleavage I'd say.

post-30196-133522945808_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522945821_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522945831_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522945841_thumb.jpg

After looking at their website a million times finally got a change to go to Stravers shop in Amsterdam. Very Easy to reach, (tram 1 from central station in anyone is ever in Amsterdam) A nice shop not too big. Full off beautifull ladies shoes for sizes up to 46 Was helped there by two lovely young girls who didn't bat an eyelid about a guy wanting girly shoes. Asking about that later they told me I was the fifth guy coming today for ladies shoes. Had a lovely chat with them about guys wearing shoes. In between talking trying on different pairs of shoes. Bought 2 pairs and walked out a very happy customer (not in my new shoes btw :) ) In the end they are pretty expensive but worth every penny I my eyes.

post-29348-133522945869_thumb.jpg

post-29348-133522945871_thumb.jpg

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Walking through Dillard's today, I saw these Jessica Simpson pumps, and just loved the color. Blue happens to be my favorite color, and these were nice. The young lady (Nicole was her name) asked if there was anything she could get for me, so I asked for these in a 9. She brought out a 10 and 8.5, plus some strappy ones from a different brand in the same shade. She was thinking the 8.5 might work for "her", and I said, "Actually, they are for me.". She didn't seem at all perplexed by that, and directed me over the chairs to try them on. The 8.5 was a little on the tight side, and the 10 seemed just a little too loose. Tough one there, but she pointed to her own shoes (also Jessica Simpson platform pumps, though a different style), and said that although they fit, she suggested that because of the way JS fits her, she suggested erring on the larger side. She took a look at how they fit, saw that the 10s were very close and recommended some pads to make up for the fit. She also said very straight faced if I wear them out in winter, that I should get some suede protector for them to keep their color. Heh, I like this girl!:) She gave me her card and said not to hesitate to exchange them if they end up not fitting well, and she could order the 9s. She added that this was her last week there, so I wished her success in her next line of work and thanked her for her assistance.:)

post-2079-133522945951_thumb.jpg

i picked this up today but had to return them they were about half a size too small :) and my wife thought they looked ok

Nice! Hope you find the right size, and that's neat that your wife approves. :)

After looking at their website a million times finally

got a change to go to Stravers shop in Amsterdam.

Very Easy to reach, (tram 1 from central station in anyone is ever in Amsterdam)

A nice shop not too big.

Full off beautifull ladies shoes for sizes up to 46

Was helped there by two lovely young girls who didn't bat an eyelid

about a guy wanting girly shoes.

Asking about that later they told me I was the fifth guy coming today for ladies shoes.

Had a lovely chat with them about guys wearing shoes.

In between talking trying on different pairs of shoes.

Bought 2 pairs and walked out a very happy customer (not in my new shoes btw :) )

In the end they are pretty expensive but worth every penny I my eyes.

Sounds like a pleasant experience. And probably felt wonderful to know that so many others go there for the shoe needs. If they were closer to your home where you didn't have to ride a tram would you have worn one of the pairs out the store?

i picked this up today but had to return them they were about half a size too small :sad: and my wife thought they looked ok

I guess hard to tell by the picture but they look like they fit just right. I can see why your wife said that. Hope they have a 1/2 size up available for you when you exchange them.

Walking through Dillard's today, I saw these Jessica Simpson pumps, and just loved the color. Blue happens to be my favorite color, and these were nice. The young lady (Nicole was her name) asked if there was anything she could get for me, so I asked for these in a 9. She brought out a 10 and 8.5, plus some strappy ones from a different brand in the same shade. She was thinking the 8.5 might work for "her", and I said, "Actually, they are for me.". She didn't seem at all perplexed by that, and directed me over the chairs to try them on.

The 8.5 was a little on the tight side, and the 10 seemed just a little too loose. Tough one there, but she pointed to her own shoes (also Jessica Simpson platform pumps, though a different style), and said that although they fit, she suggested that because of the way JS fits her, she suggested erring on the larger side. She took a look at how they fit, saw that the 10s were very close and recommended some pads to make up for the fit. She also said very straight faced if I wear them out in winter, that I should get some suede protector for them to keep their color. Heh, I like this girl!:) She gave me her card and said not to hesitate to exchange them if they end up not fitting well, and she could order the 9s. She added that this was her last week there, so I wished her success in her next line of work and thanked her for her assistance.:wave:

She probably knew they were for you but might didn't want to try them on there. Sad to hear she won't be there anymore. She sounded very helpful and understanding. Could have been nice to have a friend at a place you like to buy shoes from.

I guess hard to tell by the picture but they look like they fit just right. I can see why your wife said that. Hope they have a 1/2 size up available for you when you exchange them.

Hello thanks for the post. don't get me wrong i could wear them; but the toe area was just too cramped for any type of extended wear >10-15 min. And of course 12 was the largest size they had:mecry:. oh well the search continues.

Last two for now, promise! The turquoise pair are from Nine West and the black pumps from Charles David. I believe the black pair feature a true classic almond shape toe box and vamp cut. Fairly high stilettos that show off some nice toe cleavage I'd say.

All of these are great! I've had my eye on those Lela Rose heels for a while now. Just haven't been able to find them in a 12 yet. Great choices in my opinion, you have my taste in shoes!

• Like 1

Hello thanks for the post. don't get me wrong i could wear them; but the toe area was just too cramped for any type of extended wear >10-15 min. And of course 12 was the largest size they had:mecry:. oh well the search continues.

That is a tough size to find and go up from. Because 12.5 is a lot rarer than 13 which is also pretty rare. Such a shame. Since you can wear them for a little while having them stretch out might be an option.

Just remembered that I just got these from my friend's house two days ago, so I guess I felt obliged to post them here. (NOTE: These are NO Designer heels). I ordered the boots from a site (last pair in stock) and the wedges from eBay (also the last in stock), so I feel pretty lucky to have the "last" pairs on the block! ;D I also posted a lengthy post on my blog at the bottom, so be sure to check out the "after story" of the boots (soon, the wedges too! ;D

post-5877-133522945959_thumb.jpg

post-5877-13352294597_thumb.jpg

Formally "HHDude"

Just remembered that I just got these from my friend's house two days ago, so I guess I felt obliged to post them here. (NOTE: These are NO Designer heels). I ordered the boots from a site (last pair in stock) and the wedges from eBay (also the last in stock), so I feel pretty lucky to have the "last" pairs on the block! ;D

I also posted a lengthy post on my blog at the bottom, so be sure to check out the "after story" of the boots (soon, the wedges too! ;D

do u get pedicures? i bet that would look good in those shoes.

Just remembered that I just got these from my friend's house two days ago, so I guess I felt obliged to post them here. (NOTE: These are NO Designer heels). I ordered the boots from a site (last pair in stock) and the wedges from eBay (also the last in stock), so I feel pretty lucky to have the "last" pairs on the block! ;D

I also posted a lengthy post on my blog at the bottom, so be sure to check out the "after story" of the boots (soon, the wedges too! ;D

Can't say I am a fan of either of those Dude. But they are interesting none the less. Especially the boots.

Hey All,

Went looking for certain shoes at Bakers at the Woodfield Mall in suburban CHicago and came up empty :). I hate going home empty-handed though if I spent an hour getting there so I went two doors down to Steve Madden and got these cute wedges. They are also available at Nordstrom's which is a large upscale outlet for Steve Madden shoes and many times they'll have their styles in larger sizes than Steve Madden stores keep on hand.

http://www.stevemadden.com/Item.aspx?id=57213&np=127_282-143_384

I bought the neutral raffia wedge as pictured but there are other colors. Very comfortable and very versatile.

HappyinHeels:wave:

post-18145-133522945979_thumb.jpeg

Since i'm out of town for a few days. I decided to say screw it and go shoe shopping and try them on in public. I went to a place called Priscilla McCalls in Fayetteville NC. i was a scared last night because there were a quite a few people there. but i still tried on a pair of black strappy heels in the dressing room. But i came back this morning when they opened and walked in and asked about several pairs of hells and tried them all on right there with the girl. i asked if she sees any guys buying heels. her reply "All the time." Cool i said and continued to try on and walk around the store in the heels. She was very polite and nice. I had to buy a pair of shoes if for no other reason because she was so cool about it. so here are the pics of want i bought. enjoy post any comments thanks.

http://www.endless.com/dp/B004JICNL8/183-9550609-2279018?ie=UTF8&creative=395033&suppressRedirect=1&linkCode=asn&tag=googlecom09c9_endless-20&creativeASIN=B004JICNL8

post-10256-13352294599_thumb.jpg

post-10256-133522946005_thumb.jpg

post-10256-133522946017_thumb.jpg

All of these are great! I've had my eye on those Lela Rose heels for a while now. Just haven't been able to find them in a 12 yet. Great choices in my opinion, you have my taste in shoes!

Thanks for your kind message! I was driving by the local Payless last week and noticed the BOGO posters in the window. I decided to stop in because I needed a new pair of sneakers, didn't go in with the intention of browsing the womens department but noticed the Lela Roses' in the bridal section and realized they had one last pair in my size on the shelf. I casually picked up the box and looked in to make certain that there were two of the same size shoe. A sales girl came up to me and asked if I needed assistance and I asked her about the dyable color options and costs, (I have purchased many pairs of heels from retail outlets in the past and it doesn't phase me anymore, just place on the counter, pay and walk out), she was very friendly and helpful. I paid full price for the heels and got 50% off of my boring sneakers. I'm familiar enough with my female shoe size that trying on in the store is not necessary in most cases anymore. The Lela Roses were a perfect fit and very comfortable.

By the way, those wedges are amazing! I love them!!!

Men: Never ask a woman to wear a pair that you wouldn't! :silly: ~HnH83~