Who has bought some new shoes

gj

All

Well then, as expected the Dune Jelly Wedges turned out to be too small; though really didn't look good at all in the flesh - the overall design just wasn't sorted enough; a bit too clunky - shame really as they looked good in the photo.

The closed wedges are plenty long enough but needed a little stretching across the width of the ball of the foot but are now absolutely great; disappear rather well under my jeans, especially whilst wearing black nylons.

The stars of the show however are the Melissa wedges; as hoped the thong is far enough up the shoe that my toes are perfectly positioned on the soles but equally my heels don't hang off the backs. Although a foam base they are still firm and equally disappear under my jeans - obviously wearing thong sandals but not obvious i'm in heels; have used as my "slippers" around the house from getting up first thing in the morning to last thing at night and have definitely been feeling a change in my leg muscles and posture - just a shame I wear flat to work all day but at least the combination keeps me rather flexible as I want to be able to go from boys flats to extreme heels without too much trouble.....and seems to be working :smile:

Further the last round of purchases, I have a gift card from last year totalling £80 for Kurt Geiger, where I had bought the shoes you see in my avatar but returned them as they were just too small and wasn't prepared to have to stretch a pair of shoes that cost so much. Anyway Kurt Geiger have a mid season sale on again and have seen these, which I have been hankering after for a while; http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/165937-kg-apple which then leaves me with £30 to spend on another pair, possibly these; http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/169966-kg-menezes

However I REALLY like the look of these but as stated before my feet don't look good in peep toes - certainly not the current styles with a larger opening; http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/190206-french-connection-jairosfam5

Quite like the look of these too but would wipe out the credit in one go;http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/200431-carvela-audit

Anyway, here are the thumbnails;

morning all

still tapping away at 2am; maybe the rich chocolate cake at 11:30 wasn't such a good idea......

Anyway, now that spring has sprung, thoughts turn to some warmer weather footwear. Have had some thoughts, as mentioned before, about getting some wedges for use as house shoes to force me to wear a heel as much as possible (and maybe jellies that I could even use in the shower), so after a little searching came up with the following;

Dune Jelly wedge sandals in coral; http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_56308+54478_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Sale~Shoes~txtdune%2C+wedge

Then saw these

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_050010409863_-1?breadcrumb=Home~Sale~Shoes~txtred+herring%2C+sirus for some fairly incognito wear.

Melissa Aquarius thong wedges in brown; http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=944450 although £55 here, have picked up off ebay for £27.50 after a bit of hunting

the sandals may be a little too short for my size 9s but will have to see; not a great fan of my feet in womens open toe shoes, maybe need to paint my nails; have thought emerald green as a contrast to the coral - please post any subtle suitable and colour suggestions.

The Melissa wedges are exactly what i was thinking of; with being a thong style, hopefully that will keep my feet higher up the shoes so that my toes don't over hang the front.

The Melissas look like they should be fine getting wet but the Dunes look like they might have a foam centred foot bed which may be prove to absorb water; will have to see.

see pics below for when sales links are broken

Will post again once received.

R

post-612-133522939465_thumb.jpg

post-612-133522939469_thumb.jpg

post-612-133522939472_thumb.jpg

post-612-133522939474_thumb.jpg

All

Well then, as expected the Dune Jelly Wedges turned out to be too small; though really didn't look good at all in the flesh - the overall design just wasn't sorted enough; a bit too clunky - shame really as they looked good in the photo.

The closed wedges are plenty long enough but needed a little stretching across the width of the ball of the foot but are now absolutely great; disappear rather well under my jeans, especially whilst wearing black nylons.

The stars of the show however are the Melissa wedges; as hoped the thong is far enough up the shoe that my toes are perfectly positioned on the soles but equally my heels don't hang off the backs. Although a foam base they are still firm and equally disappear under my jeans - obviously wearing thong sandals but not obvious i'm in heels; have used as my "slippers" around the house from getting up first thing in the morning to last thing at night and have definitely been feeling a change in my leg muscles and posture - just a shame I wear flat to work all day but at least the combination keeps me rather flexible as I want to be able to go from boys flats to extreme heels without too much trouble.....and seems to be working :smile:

Further the last round of purchases, I have a gift card from last year totalling £80 for Kurt Geiger, where I had bought the shoes you see in my avatar but returned them as they were just too small and wasn't prepared to have to stretch a pair of shoes that cost so much. Anyway Kurt Geiger have a mid season sale on again and have seen these, which I have been hankering after for a while; http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/165937-kg-apple which then leaves me with £30 to spend on another pair, possibly these; http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/169966-kg-menezes

However I REALLY like the look of these but as stated before my feet don't look good in peep toes - certainly not the current styles with a larger opening; http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/190206-french-connection-jairosfam5

Quite like the look of these too but would wipe out the credit in one go;http://www.kurtgeiger.com/online-shop/200431-carvela-audit

Anyway, here are the thumbnails;

I love all of them especially the red ones.

I do have a pair of Pleasers (http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/snaz75_2149_146968992) that I have had for years and wear them out to the car and while driving. It is not easy driving a manual transmission in them but I can do it. :smile:

Regretfully those that you like are a size 9.5 in UK Womens. I do wear shoes anywhere from US size 10 ~ 12 depending on the shoe

I wear high heels in the car all the time and find it very comfortable, especially the pleasers.

Just got my first 6 inch heels. Ellie pumps , bright Blue, I had no idea they would be so hard to walk in. Can't wear them for more than 30 minutes at a time, and even then can only fully straighten leg for a short while, but I will keep on trying. I have a pair of 5 inch lace up oxfords on the way. I hope to get more comfortable in them and move on up to the Blue pumps for longer periods of time.:smile:

Just got my first 6 inch heels. Ellie pumps , bright Blue, I had no idea they would be so hard to walk in. Can't wear them for more than 30 minutes at a time, and even then can only fully straighten leg for a short while, but I will keep on trying. I have a pair of 5 inch lace up oxfords on the way. I hope to get more comfortable in them and move on up to the Blue pumps for longer periods of time.:smile:

good call; keep practising, you'll soon find they will be quite wearable

I just got these in the mail the other day thanks to my wife. She knew I was looking for something that I could wear in public that wouldn't attract attention. The shoes are called Songbook by Aerosoles. They have a 1.25 inch heel and are so comfortable. The most comfortable pair of heels I own. When I wear them with my jeans, you can not tell they are a womans or mens shoe.

post-22620-133522939495_thumb.jpg

I also have some pairs of Aerosoles shoes. You are very right they are very comfortable shoes. There is no Aerosoles Store in my area, so I have to order them from their catalog or buy them from online shoe sites. I have never been disappointed in any of their shoes or with the Naturalizer's that I have too. bluejay

Just picked up a great pair of gladiator wedge 4" from the Nine West website on clearance. I have been wanting to try some wedge style heels for a while. I think they would be easier to walk around in outside in the grass.

I have always said no to wedgies, I have not wanted any. yours have just changed my mind.

Glad you like them ! They feel really great to wear.

I wear them with kaki cargo jeans. The look is amazing.

I hope you will find a pair that you like. Let me know if you do.

Happy heeling all !

Just picked up these beauties from Aldo this afternoon.

Wearing them as I type this message :smile:

But I won't be wearing them tomorrow since they forecast 5 cm (2") of snow or ice rain...:wave:

I love them but not as much as my stilletto. I must say they support your feet more than stillettos. Between my lovely lady and myself we have about 10 pairs. :D Just wish I could wear them to work:mecry:

Hello all, I'm brand new here so hopefully I'll learn the ropes quick enough. I recently purchased the Badgley Mischka Calton pump in white satin. A really beautiful elegant shoe! Anyone have any experience with this line of heel? http://twsb.net/womens-white-shoes/badgley-mischka-calton/

WOW WOW they are pretty. I would prefer the Michka Fuller, but at that price it will only be a dream.:smile:

Just bought these today at Payless. They are my first pair of heels with any type of platform, as I am not a big fan of the platform look. These aren't bad as the platform is realtively thin rather some of those that are and inch or two. It is interesting to walk in, as the heel is still rather high (nearly 5") and the sole doesn't really bend much. I think I would get quite tired in them if I had to walk any distance. But I must admit that I am enjoying the look and feel as it is something different from my usual style.

post-99-133522940202_thumb.jpg

RonC, You are really impressing me about now with your foray into platforms and sandals. Next thing I know you'll be knocking me over with a "bet you never saw a better pedicure in your life" photo of yourself as you are walking down Michigan Avenue! Really nice to see you expanding your style choices. HappyinHeels:wavey:

Just bought these today at Payless. They are my first pair of heels with any type of platform, as I am not a big fan of the platform look. These aren't bad as the platform is realtively thin rather some of those that are and inch or two. It is interesting to walk in, as the heel is still rather high (nearly 5") and the sole doesn't really bend much. I think I would get quite tired in them if I had to walk any distance. But I must admit that I am enjoying the look and feel as it is something different from my usual style.

Ron,

I really like that style. Happy heeling in you new shoes.

Best regards, Stefan

Thaks to all that commented! They have been an interesting experience. While I shall never lose my appreciation for standard thin sole, stiletto heel shoes such as those in my avatar, after having tried these, I will certainly at least consider some other platforms in the future (not thick ones though. I'll leave that for HappyinHeels...lol!)

I have been envying the stylish high wedges from the fashion makers, but they never seem to exceed size 11 at the largest. I just bought a pair of size 13 5" wedges from Endless.com. Actually, they are 5 1/4" at the back with a 1 1/4" platform. They aren't the most stylish shoes, obviously, but they come in sizes from 11 to 15! They are very comfortable and very easy to walk in with a wide sole, and they feel nicely high. They are Milan by Barefoot Tess.

post-28-133522940206_thumb.jpg

Hi Ron C, nice smart easy going sandals, you will soon get used to, and enjoy them. I was in Bristol Cabot Centre recently and went into KG Geiger shop, and the sales girl there had beautiful heels on with two inchish platforms, and I asked her how long she could wear those shoes. She told me FIVE hours comfortably. I said lucky you to have the opportunity. Hers, i said would have been the one job in life I would have loved to do. Something I always dreamed of. Muddypaws

Thanks Muddypaws. I actually am having some problems walking in these for some reason, and I don't think it's related to the platform. Seems that the heel wants to slip out to the inside when I walk. I have to be rather careful in them (and stairs are certainly an adventure!). One other thing I find as I wear them is that the arch of the sole ends a bit too soon, and the arch of my foot tends to be up off the sole. I guess you get what you pay for, and at Payless, the price is pretty reasonable. In any event, I have them on right now and will wear them a few times before I make a final determination if they are for me or not.

CassieJ, you will love your new Litas. I just got a pair, and they are an awesome shoe. Despite the towering plat and heel, they are comfortable. Just remember that your waaay off the ground, and don't lean to the side in them or down you go. I love 'em, and hope to get out in them some time soon.