Good Responses From Women: The Ultimate Resource

kneehighs

• 2 months later...

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I was sitting outside an Albies in Union N,J, smoking a cig and this lady bumes a smokefrom me when she notices my pink boots I had on( the boots that I got from Gary). She said that she thought that they were hot and so did her girlfriend. Nice hunh.

77r90dL lf

• 2 weeks later...

Some days ago I walked into a shop and got complimented by a ca. 40 y.o. woman. I wore my 3.5" oxfords. "the ones you know" 8). Yesterday I went to a LGBT club- mostly lesbian, but there were many gays too. Some girls noticed and actually thought I was wearing dancing shoes. When I told them they were marketed towards women, the girls were a bit astonished, but still positive. They wondered if I'd like to have SRS, and I told them that I'm completely OK with my body- it's just society and their notions that I don't fully accept, and we had a friendly talk about gender etc. No awkward moments at all. Some boys complimented my androgynous appearance, but none appealed to me really much- I guess that it was because of their short hair. I prefer somewhat longer hair, and sidebangs usually drive me positively wild. I was wearing the oxfords, a white tuxedo shirt with French cufs, black viscose vest and leather pants. No make-up nor nail polish, though. I hoped that one girl I knew would turn up and teach me how to do make-up, but she may come tonight. I'm gonna go there too. Generally, for a shy guy that I am, it was a wonderful evening.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

When I was in Poland I kept my heel activity to a minimum and bought my gear online to be sent to my works. This meant my Office Administrator had to accept the parcels and obviously got curious about the contents. So I told her about my "hobby" and you could see the puzzlement on her face. Sometimes over here you need to inspect the contents of the parcel before signing off so she saw what I was buying. I could not read her reaction but un/fortunately on two occasions when the footwear did not fit, her shoe size was one size smaller than me so she got the rejects. She didn't seem to complain. If I was a free man I would marry her. :-)

So what's all the fuss about?

• 2 months later...

I have been training a young lady on the one of the machines I run at work and as usual, as I get to know them better, I always have this need to strike up a conversation about shoes. I like to get their opinions about "men in heels". She is about 25 yrs old and loves shoes. I have quite a few pics of myself in heels on my ipod which I always carry with me and about 200 pics of different heels for fun. When I asked how she felt about a man wearing heels, her reply was ,"I don't see anything wrong with it at all". I then showed her some pics of my heels and me other pics of me wearing them with jeans. She really liked them a lot and now that's all we talk about. She then told me that her husband always likes to pick out her shoes and she noticed that he is always looking down at women's feet first when they are out and about. So I asked her to have him try a pair of heels on when they are out shopping sometime to see if he likes wearing them. She responded saying that it was a good idea as he doesn't care what other people think and that she thinks it would be cool if he wore heels. Before all this ,I asked her if she would go out with him wearing heels and she has no problem with it at all. This is going to be an interesting story to follow up on. BTW, this is the response I usually get from women. As for the men, most of them where I work are immature and narrow minded but don't really care who wears what and all of them know I wear heels and some have seen me out in them and haven't ever said a word. Just thought this might be interesting to some who still have a little fear about stepping out in your heels. Just one more little thing that is a good thing. She wears the same size as my wife and her friend wears the same size as me so I sold her a couple pair that we don't wear any more or don't fit quite right. Ya just never know.

real men wear heels

Hey Johnie Thats pretty amazing to hear, and I'm sure we all look forward to hearing how she gets on with her husband now? Wouldnt it be funny if they wound up joinng here to read about themselves...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Hey Johnie

Thats pretty amazing to hear, and I'm sure we all look forward to hearing how she gets on with her husband now?

Wouldnt it be funny if they wound up joinng here to read about themselves...

Thats the idea! lol

real men wear heels

OK, Update. She loved the shoes I sold her and her hubby can't wait to see them. She is taking him shopping in the next couple days and is going to try to get him to try on some heels. YES!. This, I hope is going to be the beginning of a new friendship. I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to hear the results, even though they could go the other way. Fact is, he has a passion for heels and thats a good thing.

real men wear heels

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile since anyone has posted in this thread, so here's a go.

There is a blog from a member who has been banned at this forum (lolla). He posted a thread titled, "Men in heels" on his blogspot blog which is aptly titled, "high heels for men."

In this thread titled, "Men in heels" he basically cut and pasted the exact words from GO COUTURE YOURSELF's post.

This wasn't necessarily an overall bad thing as a fashion editor -- who based on her profile picture is attractive -- left a comment in his blog, but not in Go Couture Yourself's blog. She stated, "wow! Any man who can walk in high heels just as well (or even better than) a woman is sure to get my praises. I see alot of this in Miami actually. It amazes me how well some men work it as a woman. Especially in designer stilettos!

Fashion a la mode Blog"

In response to a post in which he made mention of the October 2006 edition of Spanish Marie Claire, she commented, "Your Blog is awesome! What a refreshing take on fashion. Keep up the good work on your hilarious point of view. I love it!!"

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 4 weeks later...

Last night, while I was out with a woman, on a date, two other women approached me to say how much they loved my high heeled boots. (Nine West, black leather, mid-calf, with 4" heels) One asked if they were women's boots, and I told her, "No, they are mine."

In London on Friday night after dinner at the Steak House, we stopped at a wine bar in Leicester Square. There were two women standing next to me. I was wearing black skinny jeans and 4" black Nine West stiletto pumps without socks. When I caught them looking down at my feet, I broke the ice with, "Do you like my style?" and I held out my foot at the same time. The shorter girl of the two started to rock her shoe against my pump flirtatiously while the taller of the two and I chatted for about a minute. The taller girl who was blonde said that she thought it was fine and she was glad that I could understand how women really felt.

Guest Loveshiheels

In London on Friday night after dinner at the Steak House, we stopped at a wine bar in Leicester Square. There were two women standing next to me. I was wearing black skinny jeans and 4" black Nine West stiletto pumps without socks. When I caught them looking down at my feet, I broke the ice with, "Do you like my style?" and I held out my foot at the same time. The shorter girl of the two started to rock her shoe against my pump flirtatiously while the taller of the two and I chatted for about a minute. The taller girl who was blonde said that she thought it was fine and she was glad that I could understand how women really felt.

Yes I did see the two girls admiring your heels. Shame I did not have a camara with me at the time.

Last night, while I was out with a woman, on a date, two other women approached me to say how much they loved my high heeled boots. (Nine West, black leather, mid-calf, with 4" heels)

One asked if they were women's boots, and I told her, "No, they are mine."

Good answer!

real men wear heels

• 1 month later...

I just had some great responses from women that I had to share! I was wearing my American Eagle patent ballet flats..they got a simple round toe design. I was pairing them with dark flare jeans and a fitted long sleeve top - a very basic look. So I got home and I was still awake. I went online and I was talking to one girl that we are just like "hey how are u?" type friends. But, when we see each other around campus, we talk for hours. I wasn't going to be able to go to a get together she was having tomorrow night. I asked her is she would want to go out for a coffee right now instead. She said she was with a friend and would be happy to come. I jokingly asked her if there was anything hot she would want me to wear lol. So she said no socks (she had no idea about my shoes, etc. I said sure, I wasn;t going to wear any anyways..lol. So I got to the place first, got a tea, and sat down. They came in and in the process of giving her a hug, she looked down and smiled and said "lovely shoes!". So her and her friend went to get a coffee. They came back and we began to talk. So my friend said, "ok, so are those your gf's shoes?" To which I replied "no, they are mine". Her friend hit her and said "I told you they were his!" and laughed. When they were at the counter getting their coffees, her friend asked her if i was wearing women's shoes. My friend thought it was a joke because before I said I wasn't going to wear socks. So I explained and they laughed and said something like I would never believe it that you wore them - but I like the look!. So after we went home, I was still awake and I knew a friend of mine was getting off work. So I surprised her in the parking lot and asked her to go chill for a bit. Now, I can't remember if she knew about the shoes or not. But what I can tell you is that she could be immature about things like this. But I was like, f-it, im gonna do it. We went and walked to the place - no comment. Sat down - no comment. Had my foot up on the chair for a bit - no comment. Went to the washroom - no comment. Finally, after like a hour, my foot was back up on the chair and she subtle said "oh your shoes are pretty. r they comfy?". and i said ya and where i got them and that it was hard to find my sizes. and she was just like "well they look good". Like no reaction! So, to close, I know it was a long post, btu it was a great experience and positive!

When any woman has responded to me verbally while I'm wearing high hells in public, all of the responses have been positive. The comments range from "pretty shoes," "nice look," "nice shoes, but I couldn't wear heels that high," or "those are nice looking high heels, but they would look better on me (with a curt smile)." I have received funny looks, under the breath comments, gigles, snickers, and laughter...but not directly to me. Female friends have complemented me on my collection, and almost all of them ask why I wear heels that are so high. I just tell them, "they're comfortable, they match my wardrobe, they're sexy, and it is a thrill to wear them." They just give me a big smile.;)

• 4 weeks later...

I recently had an online conversation with one of Finland's most esteemed and popular fashion bloggers. She's 21 and goes for a modernized 40's look. Here is how I seemingly randomly brought up the topic of men in heels:

1:00 PM Rosa: It's difficult to explain.. I guess people tend to be a bit more .. goofy around here. But in a stylish way. People dress for themselves and are not so conserned about looking stylish.

(Except in Sweden)

1:01 PM me: Right....http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/Meels_photos/Runways%20and%20streetstyle/Scandanavian%20Streetstyle/helsinki2.jpg

Rosa: Haha, exactly. :roll:

me: But I kind of enjoy that personal philosophic approach to style

1:02 PM http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w204/Meels_photos/Runways%20and%20streetstyle/Scandanavian%20Streetstyle/helsinki.jpg

Both from Hel Looks

Rosa: That last guy is my friend from high school. :o

me: COOL!

Rosa: He's wonderful.

1:03 PM me: I think he rocks that outfit!

The heels and all!

Rosa: He made me a fabulous bag when I was sixteen. I think he's been on Hel-looks like six or seven times.

me: That is what I enjoy about him "dressing for himself"...he's doing his own thing and it shows. Cool about the bag

1:04 PM Rosa: Those pictures were from club La Persè, though. You're supposed to dress as decadent as possible there. :-?

1:05 PM me: Oh

Rosa: So the people don't actually rock the streets looking like that.

Shamefully. :D

me: hehe

I've seen a few guys in stilettos here in NYC

during the day and personally I don't have a problem with it

1:06 PM they had skinny legs...let me see here

1:07 PM Rosa: I wonder where one can find stilettos big enough.

me: lol

http://altamiranyc.blogspot.com/2007/09/new-york-street-style-nolita-and.html

from altamira

1:08 PM Rosa: I wouldn't ever wear those heels, but he's actually making them look quite good.

me: Thats what I thought..you def don't strike me as a pointy toe type

1:09 PM round toe retro

Interesting exchange, kneehighs. Who is Riikka? (1:07 PM Riikka: I wonder where one can find stilettos big enough.) (I thought you were chatting with Rosa? Is Riikka another blogger that happened to be in the blog at the same time or is Riikka "Rosa" in Finnish? - Just curious. )

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I had a mose delightful complement from a lady the other day. I posted it in Wore New Skirt.

How neat! I had comment from women (almost all positive) but none have engaged in an extended conversation such as that. I love hearing the stories of positive feedback on public heeling.

Thanks for sharing that.

• 3 weeks later...

Good response from wifes daughter. Wifes daughter and grandson came over today for Mothers day. Little boy is about 8 and loves working out with me. After working out he went up stairs and I took a shower and went to work. Later in the day wifes daughter started looking at all the heels. She knew I liked heels but I guess she didn't really think I wore them.LOL As she was trying on her mothers, which is the same size as hers, her mother, my wife, told her all the 9's were mine and waited for her mouth to drop. It didn't:nervous: . Her mother explained it to her and told her what a fun time we have out heeling and that I think mens shoes are ugly and she agreed. First it was her sister and sister in law that came to visit and loved my heels and thought it was cool that I wore them and now her daughter:clap: After her son seeing her trying on all the shoes , he thought he would give it a try and tried to take home 2 pair, red and white. LOL!!! That is all the women an her side of the family and they think it's great that I wear heels.:o . Looks like I'm batting a thousand with the women. On the other hand, I think we might have a new little man in heels coming up in the family.LOL!:-? I think I am more surprised to find this out than they were to find out I wear heels. Life is good!:roll:

real men wear heels

Johnieheels, did you let him take home a pair or two? (Perhaps his sister and mother should take him out and buy a pair of heels in his size for him?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Good response from wifes daughter.

Wifes daughter and grandson came over today for Mothers day. Little boy is about 8 and loves working out with me. After working out he went up stairs and I took a shower and went to work.

Later in the day wifes daughter started looking at all the heels. She knew I liked heels but I guess she didn't really think I wore them.LOL As she was trying on her mothers, which is the same size as hers, her mother, my wife, told her all the 9's were mine and waited for her mouth to drop. It didn't:nervous: .

Her mother explained it to her and told her what a fun time we have out heeling and that I think mens shoes are ugly and she agreed.

First it was her sister and sister in law that came to visit and loved my heels and thought it was cool that I wore them and now her daughter:clap:

After her son seeing her trying on all the shoes , he thought he would give it a try and tried to take home 2 pair, red and white. LOL!!!

That is all the women an her side of the family and they think it's great that I wear heels.:o . Looks like I'm batting a thousand with the women.

On the other hand, I think we might have a new little man in heels coming up in the family.LOL!:-? I think I am more surprised to find this out than they were to find out I wear heels. Life is good!:roll:

Johnie...

What a great story and thank you for sharing it with us. I think your open-minded attitude and free spirit has rubbed off on your family and that is a blessing. With the young man trying on the high heels and not feeling intimidated or otherwise doing so, he too will be free spirited and open-minded about many things, and this too is positive. I really envy you in the way your family and friends have so embraced you wearing high heels. I always look forward to your stories. Please keep them coming. Thank you!

Actually my wife's daughter took home a pair of patent d-orsey stack heels that she never wears any more and before that, she wore them all day when they went out. As for the son, his father is Mr. Macho in police academy and am waiting to here what he says about his little boy trying on my wife's heels and prancing around the house. LOL!!! :roll:

real men wear heels

I have a story that have been meaning to share. In my early days of going out in heels, like many others I would go out late at night, and venture into places quite cautiously. I usually wore very inconspicuous shoes or boots and long jeans or trousers. One place I would stop was a convenience store, mainly because they had an easily accessible restroom. One night I stopped, and there was a young woman working, maybe 20 years old. I was maybe 32 at the time. That night I had decided to be a bit more daring so I wore a red sweater, navy pinstriped pants, and a pair of red Bellini pumps that had straps that criss-crossed my feet. I stopped, went to the restroom and left. The store was actually quite busy, so being so boldly "out" made my heart beat in my throat. I made it quickly to the car and left. A few nights later, I decided to go out again. This time I wore jeans and a pair of black sling-backs from some cheap brand I used to wear in those days. I stopped at the same place and headed to the restroom. The store wasn't busy at all at the time. On my way out, the clerk said "Can I ask you something?" Of course, I was very nervous. This was the first time ANYBODY had talked to me while I was wearing heels. So I went with it. She said that she wanted to ask me the last time I stopped in, but I was "in and out in such a hurry." She asked me where I got the red shoes that I was wearing the last time I was in because she was going to a party (it was just before Christmas) and the red shoes would match her dress perfectly. She said, "Yea, I had to call and tell my boyfriend that some guy came in wearing the perfect shoes." At this point I knew that not only did she like my shoes, some guy wearing them was perfectly cool with her. We talked for about 10 minutes. Nervous me made up some stupid cover story about working a late shift alone so I didn't seem like I was some guy who just drove around in the middle of the night....Oh the early days. So, two nights later I went back. This time I went a bit further wearing a pair of brown gauchos, nylons, and pumps. I ha written down the brand and the style of the shoes to give her so she could see if she could find them in her size. We talked for about 5 minutes (She was curious about how I could wear heels since she and most of her friends hated wearing them, how well I walked in them, how many do I have, do I wear them all the time, etc. The kind of banter that I have found is common when talking to women about my choice of footwear.) When I gave her the slip with the information, I could see her face light up, then go a bit dim. I think she was thinking I was giving her my phone number as I look back. However she was happy to get the information and thanked me. That was the last night she worked in the store. Later I ran into her and she said she was in an automobile accident and had to quit that job but had a new one as a waitress and that i should stop by and see her. I never did. At that point I was becoming more comfortable, but still too nervous to go to a restaurants in heels. Meeting her was what put me over the hump, so to speak. I wear red shoes and go to restaurants a lot now!

Style is built from the ground up!

Thanks HappyFeat for a very inspiring story. Seems like thats the way it always is. You are scared to death, later to find out it was no big deal and people are much more tolerant to a man in heels than we give them credit for.

real men wear heels