Good Responses From Women: The Ultimate Resource

kneehighs

• 1 month later...

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is part of a follow up email sent to me by this beauty. On the night I met her, I was wearing this outfit, with a few minor modifications.

...snip...I wish it didn't have to end so abrubtly. I would have stayed at the other restaurant with a very handsome politician and would have been very satisfied. Unfortunately, I hadn't seen my best friend in 3yrs. All the same, I will be waiting for you to get to the oval office. I hope I can see you next time I visit. I wish I had one more day. I would have bought you leopard pumps! I imagined quite a few things as I sat on the plane. You are a very handsome waiter. ha.

In the last sentence, she makes a joke about me being a waiter because her friend who had absolutely ZERO fashion sense, thought I was an employee of ONE. :evil:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Hello everyone!! Last night and tonight I have had the opportunity to speak with three lovely young ladies about my shoe selection. They work at a Payless in NC and were great fun to speak with and be around!! One of them almost has me convinced to wear knee-high boots over the outside of my pant legs!! They were all very encouraging of my fashion selection in shoes and strongly encouraged more openness about it. When asked about male/femal purchasers they said it's about 45-50% males who purchase the larger sizes in their store!! So WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE ALL THESE GUYS!!! There will be more to follow in later days but I've got to get to bed. Got work in the morning!! Happy Heeling!! Shoeiee

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

. . .

So WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE ALL THESE GUYS!!!

. . .

Shoeiee

In the privacy of their own homes, most likely. Probably wishing they could experience the thrill of taking those heels for a stroll about town but too chicken to do it!

A shame, really.

Have a happy time!

So WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE ALL THESE GUYS!!!

Unfortunately, they still seem to hide in the closets due to the perceived fear of ridicule... Men, GET OUT and taste some fresh air! :evil:

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Unfortunately, they still seem to hide in the closets due to the perceived fear of ridicule... Men, GET OUT and taste some fresh air! :D

Yes, definately!

And if you're worried about being seen, put on a pair of long jeans and make it some night air!

Here is part of a follow up email sent to me by this beauty. On the night I met her, I was wearing this outfit, with a few minor modifications.

In the last sentence, she makes a joke about me being a waiter because her friend who had absolutely ZERO fashion sense, thought I was an employee of ONE. :evil:

You know, I booked this as my favorite post. Not just because I get to see a friend getting his picture taken next to a cute girl, but because I get to stare at one of the most naturally gorgeous babes I've seen in ages!

dr1819 Thanks! I think we hung out for a total of about 5 hours that evening.

On the Saturday night of the Heel Meet, admirer5577 and I were at ONE. I sat down on a couch near a woman and naturally used my Stuart Weitzman pumps as the ice breaking conversation piece.

"Are those Jimmy Choos?" she asked me?

"No, just Stuart Weitzmans," I replied.

"I actually manage the ladies shoes department at <a major upscale retail store upstate.> paraphrased for privacy. In fact, I have a list of guys that I call when Manolos or Jimmy Choos go on sale" At this point, she pulled out her business cards and gave a copy to admirer5577 and myself.

Then I asked, "Do they buy small sizes or large sizes?"

Her response was as emphatic, "LARGE sizes...we keep their names very private"

How is that for the small undiscovered world of freestylers that we live in?

dr1819 Thanks! I think we hung out for a total of about 5 hours that evening.

On the Saturday night of the Heel Meet, admirer5577 and I were at ONE. I sat down on a couch near a woman and naturally used my Stuart Weitzman pumps as the ice breaking conversation piece.

"Are those Jimmy Choos?" she asked me?

"No, just Stuart Weitzmans," I replied.

"I actually manage the ladies shoes department at <a major upscale retail store upstate.> paraphrased for privacy. In fact, I have a list of guys that I call when Manolos or Jimmy Choos go on sale" At this point, she pulled out her business cards and gave a copy to admirer5577 and myself.

Then I asked, "Do they buy small sizes or large sizes?"

Her response was as emphatic, "LARGE sizes...we keep their names very private"

How is that for the small undiscovered world of freestylers that we live in?

after the post from a fellow member regarding the amount of men purchasing payless shoes in large women's sizes, this isn't a huge surprise. unfortunately, they keep themselves at home with them.

i know for myself, i will not wear some of my more risque footwear outside anytime soon; pointy toed, high heeled stillettos for example...

a couple of years back, i overheard someone talking about designers making more thing for men's fashion, because a lot of guys are tired of wearing the same old things... maybe footwear will be an eventual evolution...

• 1 month later...

after the post from a fellow member regarding the amount of men purchasing payless shoes in large women's sizes, this isn't a huge surprise. unfortunately, they keep themselves at home with them.

i know for myself, i will not wear some of my more risque footwear outside anytime soon; pointy toed, high heeled stillettos for example...

a couple of years back, i overheard someone talking about designers making more thing for men's fashion, because a lot of guys are tired of wearing the same old things... maybe footwear will be an eventual evolution...

At least one, possibly two designers are doing it now. I can't recall the names of the designers, except Rui (first name only), but I'm sure kneehighs can.

Personally, I think Payless carries the larger sizes even though they realize half the customers of their larger sizes are men. It's business! They're not snooty - they just want to sell shoes!

What I wish is that the manufacturers would get some clues and begin designing more masculine designs. Almost all of the 4" heels in size 13 are very feminine. Many men would be happier wearing something like Harley Davidson's line of high heeled boots, such as their Nina model:

Posted Image

Sadly, Harley Davidson has yet to get the clue and increase their sizes beyond 11.

Oh - and it would be nice if they changed the name from Nina to something more fitting, such as "Lean", "Dare", or "Cliff."

Personally, I think Payless carries the larger sizes even though they realize half the customers of their larger sizes are men. It's business! They're not snooty - they just want to sell shoes!

Not all Payless stores (the brick and mortar variety) carry larger sizes. I don't know about other cities, but where I live, only stores inside the city limits go up to 13 while stores in suburban locales and malls only go up to 11. I suppose that has a lot to do with demographics in that black women in the city have larger feet than their Caucasian counterparts who live in the suburbs. That's just a guess on my part as I don't have anything in the way of facts to justify my opinions, that's just what I think. Come to think of it, the website doesn't exactly have a huge selection above 12 either.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jeff - I have noticed the same correspondence between the size of shoes carried by Payless stores and the predominant racial makeup of the neighborhood the stores serves. However all the stores I have visited and asked about larger sizes recommended selecting the style/size I wanted on the web page and having them shipped to their store. Like DR1819 points out, its another opportunity for a sale and a returning customer. It never seems to bother them that a guy is asking about ot trying on heels/boots. I have also noticed that some of the Payless styles run a little large. If I see something I like on the shelf in a 12, I always try it on and often it fits nicely.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Great story: It is encouraging to hear that there are people out therer that accept men in heels. I wear mine when I drive and to the store at times. i buy mine either off the web or at Shoe Carnival and Targets. love to be in the aisle picking out some nice heels. Check out girls will give me a wink and they know they are for me. i have not had the courage to talk about the heels yet - but I will. Thanks Bernheels

I suppose that has a lot to do with demographics in that black women in the city have larger feet than their Caucasian counterparts who live in the suburbs. That's just a guess on my part as I don't have anything in the way of facts to justify my opinions, that's just what I think.

I spent about four years living in a southern state, and another three in the southwest, and I think that's about half the reason, as I distinctly noticed a pattern where the only Payless stores in which I could find my size were those seated in more ethnic neighborhoods. I found this held true in the midwest, as well, while visiting my folks.

From my discussions with various Payless managers, they've said that the other half has to do with the fact that guys who like to cross-dress are attracted to cities, while those who're more into families are attracted to the suburbs.

As an interesting aside, I carpooled with one of the ladies from work on Wednesday. She's black. On the way home, I noticed she had a pair of large high heels in the back. It was only then that I noticed her feet were larger than normal (she's my height, too). I said, "nice heels," and she said, "Thank you - would you like to try them on?" I laughed, then said, "sure" and tried them on for a minute before putting my own work loafers back on. On the way home we had a brief discussion about men wearing heels, and she said her boyfriend likes wearing her heels around the house, and wanted to know what I thought about it. I told her, "If it makes him happy and is doing no harm, I'd say indulge him!"

As we neared my house, she said, "Can I ask you something?" "Sure," I replied. "When you were walking in the parking lot it looked like you weren't exactly a stranger to heels. I thought you'd be stumbling all over the place, but you didn't. Have you worn heels before?" I replied, "actually most men have worn heels, usually their mothers'. It's just that most men don't continue, or return to wearing heels later in life. But some do. Although it might be rare, it's just a choice of fashion."

She asked me to prove it, so I e-mailed her some links to Rui's collection as well as a few pics of men in heels on the fashion runways.

Her response: "I never knew..."

>> recommended selecting the style/size I wanted on the web page and having them shipped to their store. <<

... and that then registers as a sale at that store, and that in turn should help the people that plan where to send the next season's stock to know that there is a demand for that size in that area.

Not all Payless stores (the brick and mortar variety) carry larger sizes. I don't know about other cities, but where I live, only stores inside the city limits go up to 13 while stores in suburban locales and malls only go up to 11. I suppose that has a lot to do with demographics in that black women in the city have larger feet than their Caucasian counterparts who live in the suburbs. That's just a guess on my part as I don't have anything in the way of facts to justify my opinions, that's just what I think. Come to think of it, the website doesn't exactly have a huge selection above 12 either.

This is largely true; however, in some neighborhoods in Chicago (Uptown being a good example) the Paylesses only carry up to 12 and in some cases, 11. I've pretty much only found 13s in the one store in Edgewater (just north of Uptown, also closest to me), downtown, then on the south side.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

As an interesting aside, I carpooled with one of the ladies from work on Wednesday. She's black. On the way home, I noticed she had a pair of large high heels in the back. It was only then that I noticed her feet were larger than normal (she's my height, too). I said, "nice heels," and she said, "Thank you - would you like to try them on?" I laughed, then said, "sure" and tried them on for a minute before putting my own work loafers back on. On the way home we had a brief discussion about men wearing heels, and she said her boyfriend likes wearing her heels around the house, and wanted to know what I thought about it. I told her, "If it makes him happy and is doing no harm, I'd say indulge him!"

As we neared my house, she said, "Can I ask you something?" "Sure," I replied. "When you were walking in the parking lot it looked like you weren't exactly a stranger to heels. I thought you'd be stumbling all over the place, but you didn't. Have you worn heels before?" I replied, "actually most men have worn heels, usually their mothers'. It's just that most men don't continue, or return to wearing heels later in life. But some do. Although it might be rare, it's just a choice of fashion."

She asked me to prove it, so I e-mailed her some links to Rui's collection as well as a few pics of men in heels on the fashion runways.

Her response: "I never knew..."

A fascinating discussion with that co-worker, dr1819. I really enjoyed reading it. That reminded me of when I was at my last office where my female co-workers often chatted with me about heels, more than a few having remarked about how well I could walk in heels as high as five inches without wobbling and staggering, but it never occured to me to send anyone links to websites or pictures. No doubt I was the only man they ever saw wearing heels, so it stands to reason that before I came along, they were just as in the dark as your co-worker was.

This is largely true; however, in some neighborhoods in Chicago (Uptown being a good example) the Paylesses only carry up to 12 and in some cases, 11. I've pretty much only found 13s in the one store in Edgewater (just north of Uptown, also closest to me), downtown, then on the south side.

I was surprised to find that when I visited Chicago last summer (actually a 6-hour layover) that none of the shoe stores downtown carried larger sizes.

Oh, well. It appears Chicago women are all 5'9" or less!

Great post, Kneehighs. Women are certainly more open-minded about men wearing heels than men are. I sometimes wonder just how many men wish that they could wear heels in public but are just too bashful to even try. Probably a lot more closet heel wearers than we even suspect are out there. Just like the posters that join here on the Board, the more that see us doing our thing, the more that they will be spurred on to try it themselves. Progress is being made in our crusade. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Great post, Kneehighs. Women are certainly more open-minded about men wearing heels than men are. I sometimes wonder just how many men wish that they could wear heels in public but are just too bashful to even try. Probably a lot more closet heel wearers than we even suspect are out there. Just like the posters that join here on the Board, the more that see us doing our thing, the more that they will be spurred on to try it themselves. Progress is being made in our crusade.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Bashful? I'd say more like afraid. Afraid of being seen as effeminate or just plain called gay by the great unwashed (and ignorant) masses. Fear is perhaps the one thing that keeps the majority of heel wearers closeted. Not that I'm being critical of them, I understand that for some of those closeted souls, going out in public may well be as impractical to them as streaking in Anchorage. But as long as we present positive examples of boldly going forth in our heels, we may well indeed spur the closeted to leave same.

I was surprised to find that when I visited Chicago last summer (actually a 6-hour layover) that none of the shoe stores downtown carried larger sizes.

Oh, well. It appears Chicago women are all 5'9" or less!

I assume you're talking about the artsy boutique-styled places. The only non-Payless shoe store where I've found large heels is Skyscraper Heels, where the staff is friendly, the selection is very respectable (esp. in sizes 12 and higher), and the prices are fairly reasonable. I went there once and tried on shoes for about an hour and a half, and the guy working there chatted me up the whole time about how I felt in different shoes. I'd tried on these in a 14WW:

http://www.skyscraperheels.com/shoes/Sept05/AUT_6599.JPG

and I was (boldly) standing at the mirror closest to the door (which was ajar) checking out the fit; a youngster (age 15 or so) walked past, stopped, walked BACK to the storefront, looked at me trying on these shoes, and walked away... then walked back a third time to see if he believed his eyes. It was hilarious.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 2 weeks later...

At the end of Saturday night, I was walking eastbound on West 14th Street. As I approached two women, one of them, an attractive brunette looked me directly in the eye and said, "Work it baby!" LOL. He, he...that night I was wearing a Gap Tuxedo blazer, true vintage black silk tuxedo shirt, Seven For All Mankind Jeans, and new Nine West 4" stilettos.

• 5 weeks later...

I was browsing in Faith - Oxford Street after work this afternoon wearing these boots from Nine West. Fur Lined for days like today - with my usual work clothes, dark striped trousers, charcoal pullover (with a hole in the sleeve) with a dark overcoat -

Posted Image

- when a youngish black woman came rushing up to me and told me how much she liked my shoes and where did I get them. She said they looked really good on me. We chatted for a few minutes and I thanked her and told her she'd made my day.

I was browsing in Faith - Oxford Street after work this afternoon wearing these boots from Nine West. Fur Lined for days like today - with my usual work clothes, dark striped trousers, charcoal pullover (with a hole in the sleeve) with a dark overcoat -

Posted Image

- when a youngish black woman came rushing up to me and told me how much she liked my shoes and where did I get them. She said they looked really good on me. We chatted for a few minutes and I thanked her and told her she'd made my day.

Well dont keep us all in suspense man...... where DID you get them from?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Posted Image

Well, that's certainly neat. WOmen will often compliment other people on fashion they like, regardless of if it's a man wearing heels. I've gotten compliments on my shoes and boots in the past, and that's a really great feeling!

Well dont keep us all in suspense man...... where DID you get them from?

The Army & Navy - in Victoria Street. They were £10 in the sale - I just couldn't leave them there. They're really comfortable, the heel is really well ballanced.

Just to prevent confusion that's the name of the shop. I'm not sure what it has to do with the British Army or the Royal Navy anyway they've recently changed the name but I can't remember what to.

That's it! Quite a handy shop as it's just across the road from the office, and they do have nice stuff in good sales. Always worth a look - and of course there's always the chance of getting spotted by colleagues during a bit of lunchtime trying on.