Good Responses From Women: The Ultimate Resource

kneehighs

Okay, this is for hhplace.org members eyes only.

A girl from Australian Vogue wrote me a private message way back in May of 2005:

Hey kneehighs!

I've just checked out your thread - it's going really well. It's probably the nest thread that's been created in a long time because it's challenging the way people think and it's opening them up to the idea that what's 'normal' is not always the safest option - it's cool to push the boundaries a little and express yourself and I think you and the other guys are doing an awsome job in expressing that and are taking both the criticism and the praise really well.

I don't know what I can add to that thread that hasn't already been said. I really support your thread and the idea behind it and I'm glad that it's turned into a positive, rather than a negative.

I'm still completely jealous that you boys have better legs than me...

Keep me posted on any new updates that you add to the thread and I'll try and post there if I can!

xx-name withdrawn for privacy purposes-xx

Oh! I don't think I thanked you last time for those pictures you sent through? Those holiday snaps looked amazing, thank you!!

And here is a good response shared in a private message from a prominent poster at The Fashion Spot in response to my black stiletto boots and skinny pants. She lives in Florence, Italy, is 5' 9" tall, and is a model. She has over 4,000 posts at The Fashion Spot, is 20 years old, and likes Placebo (hint, Placebo and androgyny).

Hi!

First of all I have to say that I love those heels, in fact I have similar ones! :roll:

I also love the black pants, they have a vintage cut, very 80's so if this is the look you were trying to get IMO you have it! Not a great fan of green but I like your outfit, sincerly.

p.s. pic is up there somewhere :wink:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a repeat post of Chris100575's post titled, Heels in public again!. It was such a good story, I wanted to include it here before his post possibly disappeared into the archives and because his experience matches this thread's theme.

This time it was unplanned, but this week I've been out in Bulgaria on a business trip. My colleague and I went out for a drink one night with two of the girls from the office. One of them was wearing a pair of Prada black suede wedge sandals. They were probably about three and a half inches high, and had crossed diamante-studded straps over the toes, and tie-straps that wrapped up her leg.

This is where things got interesting. The previous night while drunk I'd let slip to my colleague that I'd been out for the night in high heels, and we ended up talking about it. As we were standing at the bar, he put his foot next to hers and asked what size they were. She said they were a seven, and he said something to the effect that they wouldn't fit as he was a nine. I mentioned that I was a seven and a half and she immediately asked if I wanted to try them on! At this point my colleague winked at me. We sat down and I put them on. They fitted well, and she did the straps up my leg. I got up and walked up and down in them for a bit, then offered her them back. She said it'd be fun if we swapped shoes for the night, so I ended up staying in them all night, including walking to three different bars!

Although I was wearing jeans, the shoes were very feminine and quite obvious with the being sandals. I only noticed one person noticing, a guy coming out of the toilets as I was going in. He looked at me, then at the shoes and his look of confusion was priceless!

Again I thoroughly enjoyed wearing high heels for the night, and the world didn't collapse.

The next day my colleague and I were having some food and talking about the previous night when I tested the water by asking why I ended up wearing her shoes. He just shrugged and said "Well, you seemed to have a good night in them. I think she was worried if she was going to get them back!" We'd been taking photos on our phones, and he said that he'd not taken any of me wearing the shoes so that it wouldn't get back to the office.

So a very good night out in a very sexy pair of heels!

OK so I went to Payless on Monday since I had the day off... walked right to the large sizes aisle, browsed the 12s, looking for these:

Posted Image

I'd seen them there before - both in 12 and 12W - but didn't have the money to buy them, but they weren't in stock. Usually I don't do it, but I went to another aisle, found the shoe, and asked the sales lady if they had them in a 12. (note: I usually don't do it because I know that with the large sizes, what you see is what they have.) She told me they'd just sold the last 12 earlier that morning, so after recovering from the dejection, I went to browse some more. Lots of cute stuff, but nothing really sensible for me; I was going for a shoe to wear to the beach (it's right out my back door now :roll: ) but figured I'd go look for my pride and joy shoes...

Posted Image

I didn't see them initially, so I got these in a 12W and a 13 to see which would fit better for the beach...

Posted Image

The 12W won, but I didn't get them because I thought they'd look better on me than they did (for the height of the heel, they made my feet look too long). As I put the 13 back, I noticed the flats. JOY! Without a second thought - I'd tried these on several times before - I grabbed them, walked briskly to the counter, and paid. The sales lady, having seen me there several times before, said to me, "I figured you would be coming for them, that's why I didn't put them out." I replied, "Aww, for me?" She nodded, and asked me to try them on for her (again). I obliged, she smiled at me, I switched back into my sneakers, and went about my day. But it felt good to be remembered, even if for being that guy who tries on more women's shoes than men's. :wink:

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Heya, triple post!

OK so today, feeling a bit encouraged, I ventured back to Payless. The theme was simple enough: Since they got a new shipment yesterday, going today would give me a good chance at getting a good shoe for the beach. I walk in, greet the employees, head down my aisle... another shopper! African-American lady perusing the 12s, trying things on. This could have gone two ways: She could have been catty and obnoxious to me (verbally or otherwise), or she could have been nice to me.

She chose door #2.

As I browsed the 12s, she engages me in conversation, which goes a bit like this:

her: Can I help you find something?

me: Can I help you find something?

her: I was just wondering, if you were looking for a sister, a mom... a brother *she laughs*

me: *points to chest* Nope, shopping for me actually

her: Ahh okay! I only asked because I always ask for help myself

me: Nah, I've been doing this for years now, I don't even shop the men's side anymore unless necessary

She tries on a black loafer.

her: What do you think of this?

me: It's a good looking shoe...

her: I'm looking for a work shoe

me: Then there it is, they aren't exactly club wear now are they? *we laugh together*

her: I guess it looks okay...

me: Well for a work shoe, you definitely want comfort first, you want to look good but style comes with feeling good

her: Wow, that's a good point! This is what I like though, something basic with a little heel

me: Yeah, me too, but I'm not afraid of heels though. *She nods. We continue to shop. I'm trying on various women's sandals alongside a woman I did not know*

me: I'm just looking for something for the beach, I wish my feet weren't so big *I turn around, facing the 9 1/2 shoes* I'd have SUCH a big selection. I'm not going over there *points to mens shoes side* because even the beach shoes are so HEAVY, that's why I like women's so much

her: Yeah that is true, men's shoes are too boxy.

me: Plus the styles, women have so many styles to pick from, guys have like three

her: You're right there, women's shoes are more stylish and fun. *We shop some more, suggesting things to each other and such. I venture down to the 13s, try on a cork sandal, walk toward her.*

me: You think these are okay for the beach?

her: You might want to go with a flat *hands me a shoe* like this. *I take off other shoe, try on sandal*

me: Too narrow. I prefer a 12 wide. Not much choice there.

her: We don't have much of a choice.

me: In the south, we'd have almost an entire wall per size.

her: What part of the south?

me: *not wanting to talk about Katrina, since I have such a good convo here* Georgia - Atlanta has such great shopping, and nice shoes in big sizes

her: I'd have to go down there, I heard it was good shopping down there.

*We shop more, trying on shoes, talking, offering advice. Eventually we head to the line together, she pays for her stuff first, we part ways.*

I was so shocked that she actually embraced me! She did apologize for her icebreaker, but I told her it was okay and that I'm used to much worse - which made me much more comfortable around her, and I'm sure the same was true for her. This was even better than the time the two sales girls in Georgia were giving me shoes to try on, because we understood each other's pain here. I REALLY wish I'd made contact info with her. Perhaps I'll see her there again.

First of all let me start by saying this is my first post. I stumbled on this site a week or so ago and truly love it. Last Friday I had the day off so I went to a small shoe store that I have been to a couple of times. (The Shoe Show) The last time I was there I bought a pair of pink mules and when took them to the counter to pay the nice sales lady ask me if I needed the matching purse that went with it. I told he I had not seen it. She walked me over to them and showed me the pink purse and told me she was marking them down to $9 so I said I would take it. We went back to the cash register and I paid and left. Now back to last Friday. I got there right at 10am when they opened. The nice lady was there and there was one female customer. I went straight for the size 12s. They really do not have a very good selection but its the only place I have found that has the size I need. She walked past me and told me that the other customer had left and that there was no one else here if I wanted to try on anything and walk around it would be fine. I told here thank you. She then left me alone for awhile. I continued to try on pumps, sling backs, and mules. I even went for a stroll around the store in a pair of black pumps with a 3 inch heel. She came around the corner and said they really looked nice. I told her I think I would take them. She then went back to where I was sitting and picked up the box that the shoes came in. What she did next surprised me. (Has this ever happend to you?) She picked up the shoes that I had worn into the store, (Simple mens dress shoes) and put them in the box and headed for the counter. Then she rung up the order and told me it would be $13. I told her the shoes were $22 but she said she had given me the "Good" customer discount. I paid her and she put the box in the bag and handed it to me. I was still stunned. I did'nt know what to do so I kind of hesitated......and she said "Go ahead there is know one around and even if there was knowone looks at your feet. So with that I left the store and walke straight for my car. I thought I was going to die. I made it and once inside the car I looked around and she was right there was knowone around. That was my first time out in public wearing heels. See Ya Jenny

That's an awesome story. I'm no longer near a Shoe Show, but I do remember them having pretty decent pickings in larger sizes when I'd go there. by the way, welcome to HHPlace!

Jenny T

WELCOME to the forum.

Thanks for the interesting post. Your experience was one most of us wish for. What a great first outing is heels.

The lady was correct, nobody looks at your feet but if they do so what. You have to be confident in what you wear and how you look. If you aren’t, don’t go out. Look in a full length mirror and if you like what you see, go for it. If you have confidence in your look, others will pick up on that and accept it. If you don’t, others will pick up on that too and give you a hard time.

I’m looking forward to reading more of your posts.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

If you don't mind me asking, what part of NC are you in? If you're in RTP by any chance, you might wanna check out Wide Shoe Warehouse:

http://www.wideshoewarehouse.com/

I know they have plenty of Shoe Show/Shoe Dept. stores out that way also.

Charlotte's Value City stores carry large sizes as well - a friend there told me she has seen shoes up to size 15 there, and nice ones at that. Either way I'd love to be in NC: A short drive away from Atlanta and Greenville SC, as well as lots of good shopping there.

Great first time public heeling experience and welcome aboard, Jenny T!

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

What a wonderful shopping experience. You must have made an impression on the sales lady. Massive discount - then she virtually gives you no choice about wearing your new shoes out of the shop. Let me add my welcome. Keep your stories coming!

Apologies for repeating part of my post entitled "First night out in heels" but as it has relevance here: A few weeks ago I went out to a rock club in Manchester with my cousin and her boyfriend to celebrate her birthday. I was wearing a pair of my New Rock Malicia boots, they have pointy toes and metal stiletto heels which are just under four and a half inches. They also have red / orange flames on the toes and heels. The boots are knee length, but I was wearing them under black jeans nevertheless almost all of the heel was exposed. I was on the dancefloor quite close to the edge when I noticed a girl sitting nearby waving excitedly to her friend with one hand and pointing at my feet with the other. When she had her attention I saw her say "Look! Look! And dancing in them too!" I looked over to her friend who smiled and gave me a thumbs up. Although I didn't actually speak to either of them, I had the definite impression that she'd pointed out my boots because she liked them. Chris

Jenny T:-) What a great first outing in heels for you. That saleslady cemented a relationship with you that should cause you to visit that shop again and again and be perfectly comfortable with your visit. Congrats to you. Keep us up on your further adventures out in heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Okay, I don't actually have a specific story to tell this time, but what I do have is something interesting from a study that was documented by the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/sexsecrets/programmes.shtml#2

Just tonight, PBS aired the Secrets of the Sexes and found that the single most important ingredient that determined a males sexual attraction to a female was their waist to hip ratio.

And for a woman? Height was the single most important charecteristic.

:roll::wink:

I'm sure there are exceptions to this, but it was nonetheless an interesting and encouraging observation!

"There's gold in them there heels!"

http://www.films.com/id/12418/Secrets_of_the_Sexes.htm

--click on the attraction link.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting chat, Danielle. I enjoyed reading through it. From what I can tell, most boys have spent some time in their Mom's closet, trying on not only shoes, but other items, too. Most outgrow it, some don't. As for me, I did, but came back to it about five years ago, and discovered I enjoyed wearing heels more than flats.

Posted Image

This is laitaine who posts in the Vogue Spain forums.

This is what she said response to the video of me walking through Washington Square Park in Manhattan, in the Moda Freestyle: Los Hombres en tacones thread.

ké estilo! ké glamur!

te kedan bien los zapatos esos, pero en bambas muxo mejor :roll:

Now translated, (anyone, please correct me if I am wrong), that means, "What style! What glamour! Those shoes look good on you, but would look much better in a club :wink:" and in an earlier post she mentioned that we should ,"accept the exceptions."

Interesting chat, Danielle. I enjoyed reading through it.

From what I can tell, most boys have spent some time in their Mom's closet, trying on not only shoes, but other items, too. Most outgrow it, some don't.

As for me, I did, but came back to it about five years ago, and discovered I enjoyed wearing heels more than flats.

I wish I never outgrew my aunt's shoes. She had about 75-80 pairs of shoes (this is counting every style), about 15 to 20 that I'd pegged as immediate favorites. I wasn't exactly stir-crazy over her sneakers :roll:

Although she divorced my mom's brother eventually, I'm sure we could've maintained a friendship on that basis.

As a consultant I have to hop on and off an airplane at least three times a week. By that time of day I have stored my suit in my hand luggage, and I am dressed in pret-a-porter clothes and heels. Unfortunately you have to take off all the nice things at security :oops: so I undress :oops: and pack my boots, my belts, some jewellry etc. on the belt and put them back on when I am through. Nice show. :cry: Almost ever I do get good comments. These comments range from "cool boots" or "cool jeans" to discussions where to get the stuff ("those are italian boots, right? Where did you buy them?") up to little talk-ins with the crew. And as there is always a guy and a woman doing the work, I get comments from many womens, but even from man (which doesn't happen normally - mostly woman stop and say they like my stuff). That also helped we once with check in. The woman looked at me and started to call the other staff members, saying: hey, look how this guy looks - I looove it. At the end I found myself booked with a first class ticket. :roll: This continues with the stewardesses and other female passengers. Just 2 days ago I sat with a nice lady from the army in the plane and she looked at my boots and said "whow, they are gorgeous", and we kept talking until the luggage belt. The looks work the same with stawardesses. Nice smiles, joking, and talks all the time. Another good experience on the streets: a 80-year-old lady walking by me, stoppping, coming back and saying "This looks so great", and she just continues without anything else. And this happens in Germany - the country where people normally keep their mouth shut. The few times I go the states, this commenting gets much more frequent, obout once a day. The only woman I heard complaing is my wife. Not in a bad way, though. She sometimes complains that we can't go through the streets without the women looking, :wink: . But she got used to it - now it produces grins on her "Did you see those two girls?! They couldn't get the eyes off you." - "Nope, didn't see that." - "Cheese, you don't even see it." So, try to be a fashion example - it is FUN. The trick is, look truly in the mirror and make sure it is a fashion statement. If it is, you can do almost anything. If it is not, you look funny. That is not what you want.

bootish –

Your experiences sound fantastic. Would you give us a little more detail about you outfits (picture would be nice)? However you are presenting yourself, it sounds like it is making a good impression.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 1 month later...

I believe achieving the results we want in life not only involves having the courage to start something new, but also the fortitude to follow through on it. Here are some recent good responses to the video of me walking though Dam Square in black stilettos from the ladies at Vogue Australia. I've been following through on this thread since 4-26-05.

Dam Kneehighs... Looking dam fine!!!

Lexington_Fleur is quite an adventurous woman, as you can see from this pic of her.

you've perfected quite a walk there...I personally wouldn't cringe at the sight of a man wearing heels, I think you pull it off with class. Good to see someone embracing the outside of the cultural norm square.

mmm love the boots...

Went to Payless yesterday. Tried on this mule in a 12; there's not much currently available in my size. (I wish I were down in Atlanta right now - would be a different story.)

Posted Image

So I have em both on, walking around, the Filipina sales girl whom I've referenced several times in this thread said she liked how they looked on me. I liked how they looked too - that is, til I raised the pant leg.

My heel hung off the back of the shoe. We both laughed about it. So then she asks me, "Do you like the boots we have?" I conceded that I did, but that none were available in my required 13W. Then she, I'm assuming from much experience in dealing with me, asked me:

"So, what styles exactly do you like?"

I kicked the mules off and returned them to their boxes, and slid into my relatively plain, but obviously feminine, athletic sandals that I'd worn through that day. "Really, I just like the thought of having a choice. I like plenty different women's styles. I like these basic pumps (I motion to patent pumps in 12M), gladiator sandals (I've taken a newappreciation and liking to this style!), wedges, maryjanes, I like most of the women's options." She told me that they were the only store in her district that sold size 13s now, and that she'd see what she could do about bringing in more wide styles. Before leaving, just to prove that I was serious, I tried on this shoe:

Posted Image

Which was a decent fit, but kinda squeezed my toe a bit. Despite that, she liked them with the jeans I had on. Since they were closing, I left, but not without helping clean up a bit, IN those shoes; some customers had been there trying on 7s and 9s ...

(they are set up so that 7s are behind the 9s with the way the numbering goes - for references sake, the 9 1/2 shoes are behind my 13s when I'm facing the 13 rack)

... and left shoes all over the place. I won four times this way: I was the last one in the store, I got to wear an overall nice pair of shoes, I got compliments from the sales girl, and in a weird way I vicariously shopped with those women thru putting back the shoes they'd tried on.

Decent experience in my book. :evil:

This was fantastic! Today during lunch, I went to a Chapters store here in Toronto. They're a chain of large bookstores. I was wearing the thong sandals with the 3 inch block heels I have posted a picture of in another thread. I was walking through the store enjoying the walk and not looking for anything in particular and a clerk approached and asked if she could help. (Mid-twenties, good looking) I said thanks, no, just browsing. I stopped at the music section and in a moment noticed the clerk was near me. Clerk: Anything specific you're after? Me: Beatles in general. Clerk: We have a good selection. By the way, I like your sandals. Me: Thanks. Clerk: You seem very comfortable in them. Me: Yes, I am. Clerk: Have a great day. And off she went, looking back a couple of times. "A great day"? She made my day/week/month..........

• 3 weeks later...

I had to put this in here.

Heel-D really hit a homerun with this amazing compliment from

Heel -D ---You look so cute in the ballet-flats you wear all the time...! My friend just said "I'd like him as my little brother! So cute!"...I guess it's a compliment!

She has a really cool sig too, "...There is no such thing in life as normal..." Morrissey

She said that in response to these pics:

Chicks are really diggin my ballet flats

In fact, I think they are lusting after my ballet flats

I have to show the chicks how to do the ballet flat look, do I?

:evil:

If a girl that wears shoes like THESE

And looks this GOOD in THEM

can totally compliment Heel-D's appearance, don't you think that there are possibly other guys who could receive positive responses from other women as well? There are women that like men in women's shoes/heels!

Good job Heel-D!

Thanks! It certainly made my day and can only spur me on to freestyle even more. She does look good. In fact, those heels are inspiring me. I've also received karma on the Fashion Spot from both males and females regarding my freestyle outfits so I'm making positive progress.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005