Good Responses From Women: The Ultimate Resource

kneehighs

I have, on occasion, discretely tried on boots in the store. In other words, quickly and when no one was looking. Once was at a Rack Room at the mall. Not too much privacy, but it was getting close to closing time. I really didn't want to bring back the boots if they didn't fit, so I pulled off one of the riding boots I was wearing (blue, pull-on) and zipped on the boot from the store and walked around a bit. It fit! So I then did the same with the other boot and put my blue boots in the box. I took the box up to the front to pay and the girl (late teens, early 20's) checked the boots in the box (as they now all seem to do) to see that they were the same size and color as on the box. When I saw the puzzled look on her face, I told her that the boots in the box were the ones I came in with. She looked at the box, looked at me and her eyes got big and she said, "You're wearing them?!". I looked her in the eye and said "Yup". Without further comment, she rang up the purchase. It really caught her off guard, but I'll give her credit for not going any further with her questions.

Here is a link to a photo of the style of boots. They have a bit of a heel on them. I think they look very dressy, and I have worn them to Christmas Eve services the last two years. In fact, I have them on in the family Christmas photo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARIPE-BLACK-LEATHER-KNEE-High-BOOTS-sz-7-5-M-Org-89_W0QQitemZ220083940714QQihZ012QQcategoryZ63889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Corsair

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sometime girlfriend and I were going to the swap meet last Sunday. I was wearing my 5.5 inch wedge mules, with toe rings and bright red polish. I told her I should probably change, and she said to wear my heels if I wanted. But, I didn't. Chickened out and changed to Nikes. It was a long day on the feet, so it was probably just as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I just had a wonderful response from two women working in an Avenue store. After trying on several various articles of clothing there, trying to build outfits, I then reached for a dress and ankle strap wedges... tried them on, stepped out of the fitting room to the mirrors, and asked the saleswoman there what she thought. She said she didn't like how it fit in sections, but as I was dressing to go, I heard a knock on the door. There were two more dresses they wanted me to try (how they knew my size escapes me)! So I tried them on, modeled them a bit (including a style which they'd just gotten, so I was the first to model it for them ;)) and then tried on three more for a total of six, two of which we all liked. The girls were warm and welcoming the entire time, and invited me to call ahead any time I wanted to come in and shop if I had any hangups about shopping during peak hours (it was sorta late when I got there and I stayed til close). I even wrote the company a letter, further detailing the amazing guest service these ladies provided me. Their awesomeness needed to be shared with somebody. They truly made my day. Just earlier, my sense of balance was thrown off while at work, and I could hardly speak from it. I'd also gotten a ticket for doing 51 in a 35. Those women made me forget all that ever happened. To them, I was merely another shopper, just equipped differently.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

I agree with Bubba, nothing like a big'ol foot in a dainty stiletto pump. Just not right. I do however like the look of the stiletto boot with the jeans covering the heel as in the original threads picture by kneehighs.

Jim

agree with u 2, fortunately i'm uk size 6 (u s size ;), jeans size 10 and 155 pounds so it all looks right... if you've got it flaunt it... 2moro eve when we go out will do black shirt with tan and navy stripes, tan waistcoat, black mega skinny jeans tucked into metallic tan boots.... girlfriend will be in black and lemon with 5" black patent stack heels... nice to be looked at....

• 2 weeks later...

I was shopping at the supermarket last night, in West Saint Paul, MN, while wearing my Franco Sarto black suede booties, with 3 1/2" wedge heels. A young girl, who was working in the deli, shot me a look, and said, "I really like your boots. They are SOOOOO cute."

I just had a wonderful response from two women working in an Avenue store.

After trying on several various articles of clothing there, trying to build outfits, I then reached for a dress and ankle strap wedges... tried them on, stepped out of the fitting room to the mirrors, and asked the saleswoman there what she thought. She said she didn't like how it fit in sections, but as I was dressing to go, I heard a knock on the door.

There were two more dresses they wanted me to try (how they knew my size escapes me)! So I tried them on, modeled them a bit (including a style which they'd just gotten, so I was the first to model it for them ;)) and then tried on three more for a total of six, two of which we all liked. The girls were warm and welcoming the entire time, and invited me to call ahead any time I wanted to come in and shop if I had any hangups about shopping during peak hours (it was sorta late when I got there and I stayed til close). I even wrote the company a letter, further detailing the amazing guest service these ladies provided me. Their awesomeness needed to be shared with somebody. They truly made my day. Just earlier, my sense of balance was thrown off while at work, and I could hardly speak from it. I'd also gotten a ticket for doing 51 in a 35. Those women made me forget all that ever happened. To them, I was merely another shopper, just equipped differently.

Wow! I must've missed this post when it aired originally! What an incredible experience that must have been for you. I'm greatly impressed! Isn't a great to know that salespeople were willing to give you the service you wanted, regardless of your being "equipped differently". More power to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

That was such a cool story! It reminds me of when I used to haunt a plus-size shop here in town. The ladies there were always nice and friendly, and always had recommendations for new outfits to check out. I got some great deals on sales there, but always had to be sure to bring some nice heels to accompany the outfits with. After all.....nice outfits and sneakers rarely mesh well - right? I think it goes to that sales people are in it for the commissions, are the niceness just makes the experience that much better.

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

I know this was just a sales lady doing her best, but it certainly worked (almost). She's about 30, blond and attractive. What happened was not planned. I'd normally need time to get up my courage. Yesterday I had a meeting in downtown Toronto - I work in the 'burbs - and passed a shop that sold female footwear and clothes. This was not high end merchandise. In the window were a pair of boots, almost thigh-highs, black crinckly man made material, very pointed, 4 inch chrome heels, zipper up the back with a lace-up at the top 6 inches. I'm dressed in casual male business clothes, dress shirt, grey pants, grey socks and black loafers so I don't think I give anything away. Here's how it went. "Can I help you?" "Just wanted to see the boots in the window." (I pick them up off the display) "Those are hot", she says. "What size would you need?" "10," says me. "I'll see..... I don't have 10 but because they are so narrow, 11 would fit better. Would you like to try them on?" (No hesitation, she just presumed they were for me and you don't have to ask me twice) "Sit down and put them on, I'll help with the zipper." I stand and she tries but it won't budge. "Let me get you some stockings, your socks are too thick." I take off my socks, put on the stockings, put the boots back on, stand up and she helps with the zippers and ties the laces from behind. Can life get better? "There are mirrors at the back", she says. By this time, a couple of young women (20's) have come in and smile as I walk back and forth from mirror to mirror. They kept a close watch. "Take your time, walk around. They look hot. They were made for you. It's the last pair of 11's and I can't order more." All the sales lines. She's good! I say, "I hadn't planned on trying them on, just look and you presumed they were for me." She says, "I sell as many to guys as girls, they're perfect for you, you walk so well." She's good! After a few trips the length of the store, very reluctantly (and slowly) I take off the boots and the stockings. The 2 customers are still smiling, the clerk is still selling, but I listen to my head and say thanks, but no thanks. What an incredible 15 minutes! By the way, they were $90.00 Canadian. Sorry it's so long. I had to share.

KrisS What a great story! The fact that she helped you with the zippers is quite intense, almost flirtatious. Reminds me of a time before this forum, before the Delphi Forums/Jenny's site...when I lived in the Detroit Area. I went into a Nine West store and told the girl I wanted a pair of shoes that when she saw them on me, she would say, "Those are sexy shoes".

And deliver on that goal she did. She chose a loafer style shoe (i know, not heel) with croco print on them. Then she proceeded to pick a belt, advise on the pants and shirt, and said that the entire outfit would look great. When I asked her what she would think if she saw a guy wearing that outfit she said, "I'd say sexy shoes!"

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 4 weeks later...

Friday night entertainment:

This cutie and I Double Matched on Hot or Not, strictly based on visual first impressions as generated through this profile.

Here is a copy of our conversation, exactly as it evolved:

Finally! I decided (more...) to try this out for one more month....

Anyhow, thanks for the double match. It sure seems you have some great taste in shoes: Manolo and Jimmy Choo! Now you are making me feel like my Stuart Weitzmans in my pic aren't "good enough"?

Maybe I can trade up with you? What size are ya...he, he.

I Love the Shoes!!!!! LOL. But tell me Why are you wearing them. Or do you just like to Prance aroung in women's shoes?

Haha!@ I can tell you more about why I am wearing them if you can chat....7:35 EST

I can't chat right now I am at work....

I am intrigued....Tell me.

Well since you asked....

(more...) You should see my other two outfits with stilettos: Rock Star Chic and Modern Dandy! he, he. For Rock Star Chic, just imagine on a white oxford shirt, black skinny tie, distressed and ripped waxed Dior Homme jeans from '04, and some aviators...

Its pretty timely for such a talk considering Evangeline Lilly's recent comments on The View , "I tend to like metrosexual men. I like men who have a little woman and a little man in there...So if he's willing to go shop for me and buy me new clothes..." And her final conclusion stating that she'd willingly share her new wardrobe is even more poignant for this topic, "I don't mind a man in high heels!"

And then there is the fact that stilettos for men have graced runways over the years. Gaultier is the first that comes to mind, with Vivienne Westwood running a close second. Thicker 4 "heels were displayed by Rick Owens in his F/W 06 line, are being sold off the shelf by Acne Jeans in Sweden, and Dior Homme's 6.5 cm heel was an intro to tomorrow's future for men. The YSL Johnny Boot pervades the sidewalks of major fashion capitals as well.

Recently, Rui Leonardes who at the Royal College of Art show depicted men in 4" stilettos.

In Rui's own words, "...my work is about questioning female and male stereotypes, blurring boundaries of gender and social identity is a subject which I'm particularly interested....My high heels for men are designed for a man feet, we are not talking about tranny shoes here...men have been wearing high heels for centuries...These shoes are for men with balls and kickass women."

Heels give the illusion that my otherwise short legs are long...heels "force" my lower back into a healthy upright posture, generating limitless feelings of self-confidence...heels turn what would otherwise be a typical sloppy stomp, into an elegant gait, akin to a ice skater twirling on the rink.

Enough now...I've probably literally scared you to death and if you are on the floor hyperventilating, may I offer my CPR services? For I am straight, not gay

So what do you think now...now I'm intrigued.

I am Interested.

A man, (more...) Who is not Gay and by the looks of it is more of a fashionista than me.

Ciao.

• 3 weeks later...

No result, except that I gained a new experience and had alot of fun doing so. It's not like I'm in a race to the altar or in a hurry to make new long term friends. I'm just like creating NEW adventures, new exhilirations, and new experiences to add to my repertoire of rich life experiences. It's one of the reasons I enjoy meeting new people, trying new food, and traveling so much.

Anyhow, here is a story of a girl I met on Hot Or Not. Again, nothing came of this...I just like having alot of fun meeting new girls.

Ok, I have to ask... the heels? Don't get me wrong, (more...) they're adorable! I applaud you on your fashion sense and might just have to borrow them if they happen to be a 7.5!

I do absolutely love NYC... I'm actually trying to get a nanny position up there for the summer so that I can justify living there... I'll use any excuse, I really will! haha

How long have you been there? Do you like it? And what do you do? Goodness, i sound so nosey, I'm sorry! haha Ok, one more... need a nanny? =)

Hope you're having a great week and to hear from you soon! later, gator!

ABOUT THE SHOES:

You should (more...) see my other two outfits with my Stuart Weitzman stilettos: Rock Star Chic and Modern Dandy! he, he. For Rock Star Chic, just imagine on a white oxford shirt, black skinny tie, distressed and ripped waxed Dior Homme jeans from '04, and some aviators...works great for clubbing.

Did you hear what Evangeline Lilly recently said on The View , "I tend to like metrosexual men. I like men who have a little woman and a little man in there...So if he's willing to go shop for me and buy me new clothes..." And her final conclusion , "I don't mind a man in high heels!"

For me its about fashion. Stilettos for men have graced runways over the years. Gaultier is the first that comes to mind, with Vivienne Westwood running a close second. Thicker 4 "heels were displayed by Rick Owens in his F/W 06 line, are being sold off the shelf by Acne Jeans in Sweden, and Dior Homme's 6.5 cm heel was an intro to tomorrow's future for men. The YSL Johnny Boot pervades the sidewalks of major fashion capitals as well. And recently Marjan Pejoski unveiled high heels on men in his upcoming 07 Fall line...

Rui Leonardes from London debuted 4" pointy stilettos for men at the Royal College of Art show...

In Rui's own words, "...my work is about questioning female and male stereotypes, blurring boundaries of gender and social identity is a subject which I'm particularly interested....My high heels for men are designed for a man feet, we are not talking about tranny shoes here...men have been wearing high heels for centuries...These shoes are for men with balls and kickass women."

Heels give the illusion that my otherwise short legs are long...heels "force" my lower back into a healthy upright posture, generating limitless feelings of self-confidence...heels turn what would otherwise be a typical sloppy stomp, into an elegant gait, akin to a ice skater twirling on the rink.

ENOUGH ABOUT THE HEELS:

Did you notice how I deliberately left out the part pre-empting the "are you gay?" question....I did this on purpose and look at the next question she asked me...

Well, as long as it makes you happy, you can keep the heels. I still don't quite understand, I'm sorry, but then again I'm from Florida and we're just a bit different down here. Not to be rude, but are you bisexual?

As for the nanny position, its out there! haha Sometimes I don't understand how there are people without jobs when there are SO many available! Thanks for keeping me in the back of your mind for the position =)

NYC is definitely amazing... the last guy I dated lives in Manhattan and he used to comment on everything being "new" all the time as well, but it was usually to let me know just how bad the economy was when everyone thought it was so wonderful. And I, being the person that I am would cock my head, smile sweetly and gave him the "la la la, I'm not listening to your negativitity" look. haha

Do you enjoy your job? It sounds fun! And pre-law sounds a lot more glamorous than it turns out to be... I'm quite ready to be finished with school, but then I come to the scary realization that I have three years left after my three semesters left of undergrad! Ahh!

I haven't traveled many places, the most exciting would probably be NYC a few times, because I never get a break that's long enough to go anywhere. I would absolutely love to go to Europe, I'd love to go about a gajillion places, which is why I'm so excited to finally have a summer off! Have any big plans for it?

Okay, at this point I was perturbed and deliberately designed to push this girl away. Here is how I responded:

Am I bisexual? Frankly, I don't understand why people (more...) make a connection between clothing and sexual orientation. Even from a biblical basis if thats where you have your roots, what goes into a man from the outside can't make him unclean. Its what comes from out of his heart that makes him unclean. So, NO, I am not bisexual any more than you are Minnie Mouse with a cute positive attitude dressed up as a blonde.

This girl was a self confessing conservative evangelical from Florida. From her words, she was at least willing to tolerate the heels, and even continue our correspondence inspite of them. I knew we would never mesh, but her response of tolerance is to me a good response from a woman.

WOW! I'm really starting to reconsider why I have been a wuss to wear heels in certain situations... I posted the other day in For Everybody --> Kitten Heels. I bascially said that I wore a pair and I saw 2 different people and no one said a word. So I was on MSN and I was chatting to a good friend about how people are oblivious and I told her that story. Her reponse was "what? you wear kitten heels?". Then I told her "I remember for sure that more than one time I wore heels (avatar) with you and your bf and my gf to dinner". She was like, "I guess I never noticed!" Situations like this have been happening a lot lately. People just don't look down! lol. This is why lately I've been more frequent in the wearing of fun items - not just heels.

WOW! I'm really starting to reconsider why I have been a wuss to wear heels in certain situations...

I posted the other day in For Everybody --> Kitten Heels. I bascially said that I wore a pair and I saw 2 different people and no one said a word. So I was on MSN and I was chatting to a good friend about how people are oblivious and I told her that story. Her reponse was "what? you wear kitten heels?". Then I told her "I remember for sure that more than one time I wore heels (avatar) with you and your bf and my gf to dinner". She was like, "I guess I never noticed!"

Situations like this have been happening a lot lately. People just don't look down! lol. This is why lately I've been more frequent in the wearing of fun items - not just heels.

People don't look down because that would be rude when you're talking to them. Vice versa. :smile:

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005

People don't look down because that would be rude when you're talking to them. Vice versa. :smile:

Besides, they are so accustomed to seeing clompy, cloddy, uninteresting things on mens' feet -- what's the point of looking down when you meet a guy?

Have a happy time!

• 2 weeks later...

The sometime girl friend stopped by today. I was painting and had just come in from collecting the mail. She asked why I wasn't wearing my heels, and said they should be good for painting to reach up high easier. (Painting doors, which aren't high for me). My son, who lives at home again, was off work today so was home, so I don't when he is around. I work from home, and was doing that, also. She thinks I am sexy in heels!

Just had a good reaction. I'm doing laundry in a laundry day t-shirt, basic blue jeans, and some mules; my building has a total of four washing machines in four different rooms. I had to go all the way from one end of the complex to the other to get to the machines currently not in use; on my trek back to the original building, a young lady (prob about my age) was heading that same direction... I sped up my walk to catch the gate (my hands were full) and she waited and held it for me, probably wouldn't have heard me coming in sneakers :smile: so as we exchanged names, she shot a quick glance toward my feet, said, "I like those shoes you have on," and was up the stairs to her apartment by the time I said thanks.

Just had a good reaction. I'm doing laundry in a laundry day t-shirt, basic blue jeans, and some mules; my building has a total of four washing machines in four different rooms. I had to go all the way from one end of the complex to the other to get to the machines currently not in use; on my trek back to the original building, a young lady (prob about my age) was heading that same direction... I sped up my walk to catch the gate (my hands were full) and she waited and held it for me, probably wouldn't have heard me coming in sneakers :wavey: so as we exchanged names, she shot a quick glance toward my feet, said, "I like those shoes you have on," and was up the stairs to her apartment by the time I said thanks.

Great response there! Thanks for sharing. I wonder if you'll cross paths with her in the future?

Here is part of a conversation I had with this girl from Århus, Denmark who I met on Hot Or Not.

Well your welcome (more...) about the add! Heheh u were trying to guess from which country, well with Germany u werent all that off, im actually from Denmark.

Heheh great skin complexion, dont think I've ever heard that before. But never the less thnx for the compliment, and yes I do have thick wavy/curly hair. So your observations were quite accurate so far.

But how come u notice so much about people? if u dont mind me asking. Sure your from nyc, but you look quite latino, if you dont mind me saying.

One final question, how come ur wearing high heels in ur first picture, besidse the outfit?

Pleasure to meet you too,

...Regarding the heels, it's a LONG explanation, but since you asked:

They are a part of my lifestyle. You should see my other two outfits with my Stuart Weitzman stilettos: Rock Star Chic and Modern Dandy For Rock Star Chic, just imagine on a white oxford shirt, black skinny tie, distressed and ripped waxed Dior Homme jeans from '04, and some aviators...works great for clubbing.

See, I think that clothing can be sexy independent of gender.

In fact, I'm not the only one that thinks heels can be sexy. Evangeline Lilly recently said on The View , "I tend to like metrosexual men. I like men who have a little woman and a little man in there...So if he's willing to go shop for me and buy me new clothes..." And her final conclusion , "I don't mind a man in high heels!"

For me, stilettos are about fashion. Stilettos for men have graced runways over the years. Gaultier is the first that comes to mind, with Vivienne Westwood running a close second. Thicker 4 "heels were displayed by Rick Owens in his F/W 06 line, are being sold off the shelf by Acne Jeans in Sweden, and Dior Homme's 6.5 cm heel was an intro to tomorrow's future for men. The YSL Johnny Boot pervades the sidewalks of major fashion capitals as well. And recently Marjan Pejoski unveiled high heels on men in his upcoming 07 Fall line...

Rui Leonardes from London debuted 4" pointy stilettos for men at the Royal College of Art show...

As well, I absolutely love women, and if you were shocked at my pic, I would have offered my CPR services to rescucitate you...for I am totally heterosexual.

So there you go. Now I'm curious what you feel and do you have a Latin background too?

Au revoir,

Hmm your curious as to how I feel, well let me assure you, Im just glad.

You thought i was shocked when I saw ur pic, and wearing heels, hehe truly i wasnt on the contrary i was intrigued, love things that are out of the "normal". And as far as you sexuality goes, i kinda knew u were totally heterosexual. Just cause u wear heels doesnt mean otherwise.

Hmmm that was a loooong explanation, background history of fashion. heheh interesting though. So my next question is do u work within the fashion industry, since ur informed??

So for now im neither schocked or surprised, takes lots lots more to schock me.

Heheh and no i dont have a latin background, though many have suggested it, or thought i was Italian, Greek, Lebanese, Turkish, you name it, heheh flattering for a girl

But i am learning spanish at school, have an oral exam on my birthday, how great is that? NOT AT ALL

hehe would u mind if we started speaking on msn, ur a very interesting guy, and would like to know you more.

Au revoir,,,,hmmm even a hint of french,,, nice

I like how she spelled the word shocked "schocked". :smile:

kneehighs: A truly fascinating dissertation! I always admire how you're able to explain in just the perfect way the joy that men experience while wearing heels. I couldn't have said that any better even if I had a week to prepare! Brilliant!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

let me get it straight, she complimented you on your shoes, and then ran off, or did you have a xhance to escort her to her appartment?

I was lugging laundry about, so relative to the speed I was going, she was flying. lol

I like how she spelled the word shocked "schocked". :smile:

German influense here.

I can't believe danish girls online and I don't. A truly surprising answer for a danish woman. I post at danish forums and the response is normally not good.

Pumps I don't think she was born in Denmark. Man, I have to visit Copenhagan...provided that I could overcome any language barrier challenges, in person, I'm sure I could have a rip roaring good time with some girls in my stilettos.

An interesting response to this picture at hotornot recently occurred.

This cutie whose hotornot homepage is here didn't mention my stilettos, she mentioned my pants. :smile:

In her first pm to me:

i like your pants. what size are they?

The pants are a size 8....

oooh hmmm i might be able to wear your pants! they're cute...

Well, your welcome to borrow them anytime! That is (more...) if I can try your eyeglass frames on? Love em...

Ha, so how about that? She talked first about my pants, wants to wear my pants, and never even mentioned the shoes! Nice twist, but nonetheless indicative of an open-minded cutie.

Pumps I don't think she was born in Denmark. Man, I have to visit Copenhagan...provided that I could overcome any language barrier challenges, in person, I'm sure I could have a rip roaring good time with some girls in my stilettos.

Don't worry about the language. Scandinavians speak well english, because we don't dub english language movies. Watching movies in english with subtitles is by far the best way to learn the language.

Don't worry about the language. Scandinavians speak well english, because we don't dub english language movies. Watching movies in english with subtitles is by far the best way to learn the language.

Jup that right, merby some off us can´t spell nicely.... But we can some eng.

Pumps well 90% off my DVD col. is REG1. so no DK subs ther...

Not like Germens movies LOL.

((( Frist i am not good to spell )))

..........(((( Sorry for that ))))........

.......................(",).......................

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/FreeMannWorld/

HEHEHEHEHEH You will def. not getting eny way off trobels here i Danmark, 95% can speak eng. and 4% can speak some eng. 1% never mind. you get the pic... (",)

BTW... Nice hotis ther, love that she like you pants so much she like to try them (",) Way to go gil.

((( Frist i am not good to spell )))

..........(((( Sorry for that ))))........

.......................(",).......................

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n161/FreeMannWorld/