Good Responses From Women: The Ultimate Resource

kneehighs

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually post responses to my heels in my journal thread.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

So either only one person in over 2 years have receieved a positive respons or people have forgotten about this thread.

Good to see you around Pumps.

This thread is "dead" because I don't actively update it anymore, nor participate in keeping it alive, nor participate in the forum that much anymore to be honest. I'm neither active nor really as influential here as I used to be.

This is because I don't participate here.

Others are picking up where I left off and I hope they continue to do so. I find I can integrate heels now into most any part of my life I choose--NOT because of my career, NOT because of the city I live in....because I make it a daily practice to live authentically and honestly with myself and others. Being honest about my core Self and honoring my Self's desires from a mental space of congruence with my feelings, thoughts, and body sensations has created a lot of freedom for me. It goes way beyond being able to wear heels. It touches the depths of who I am at the most core level. It allows me to design my OWN lifestyle, where I live, with whom I work, where I work. I don't know how to explain it perfectly, but honoring my core self (a process) has brought a tremendous relief and sense of space and freedom to my life.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

The reponse i've gotten from females vary at the moment, the majority being good however. A lot of them seem to think it's fabulous, and my friend Sam even wants my first public heeling experience to be on her birthday she loves it that much! Others find it weird and thier instant first question is 'do you wear dresses too?' and 'do you want to be a girl?!' and im just like ugh!

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

Good to see you around Pumps.

This thread is "dead" because I don't actively update it anymore, nor participate in keeping it alive, nor participate in the forum that much anymore to be honest. I'm neither active nor really as influential here as I used to be.

This is because I don't participate here.

Others are picking up where I left off and I hope they continue to do so. I find I can integrate heels now into most any part of my life I choose--NOT because of my career, NOT because of the city I live in....because I make it a daily practice to live authentically and honestly with myself and others. Being honest about my core Self and honoring my Self's desires from a mental space of congruence with my feelings, thoughts, and body sensations has created a lot of freedom for me. It goes way beyond being able to wear heels. It touches the depths of who I am at the most core level. It allows me to design my OWN lifestyle, where I live, with whom I work, where I work. I don't know how to explain it perfectly, but honoring my core self (a process) has brought a tremendous relief and sense of space and freedom to my life.

Well spoken kneehighs.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Two reactions really, these are 1 good for you why not you can wear what you like 2 oh right what ever pleases you The first is a very positive response and supportive, the second more an acceptance without the support but neither negative.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

• 1 month later...

Last night I took a traintrip to a nerby city to break in my new pumps and as a dressrehearsal for something bigger I got planned. The trip was somewhat uneventful as I just took a walk around the city and took the train back. As I'm approaching my station I noticed that a bigger number of people were getting of there than I expected. I think it was a bunch of people going to the nightshift at a local factory. I was the first one out and behind me I'm hearing one of the guys mumbling something like "What's that guy doing ?" to which his female colleague responded in a possitive tone "What? he can do that if he want to. Sure he can". It's very unnusual for me that it's the woman who's more possitive than the guy. I never heard that before.

Last night I took a traintrip to a nerby city to break in my new pumps and as a dressrehearsal for something bigger I got planned. The trip was somewhat uneventful as I just took a walk around the city and took the train back. As I'm approaching my station I noticed that a bigger number of people were getting of there than I expected. I think it was a bunch of people going to the nightshift at a local factory. I was the first one out and behind me I'm hearing one of the guys mumbling something like "What's that guy doing ?" to which his female colleague responded in a possitive tone "What? he can do that if he want to. Sure he can". It's very unnusual for me that it's the woman who's more possitive than the guy. I never heard that before.

Not to get away from the theme of this thread, but recently a couple viewed me in high heels. She stared and said, "can you believe that?" And her male companion said, "I suppose he can wear what he wants." It's sort of unusual to hear the compliment coming from the man and not the woman.

• 11 months later...

It's been argued that long legs make women attractive. The longer the legs, the more attractive. This explains one reason why women wear heels so much. Heels give the visual illusion that legs are actually longer than they really are. It can arguably be deceptive. The morals of the matter however, the individual motivations of the person, are between them and their personal value system--a discussion not really relevent to this particular thread.

While the long legs = attractive theory is accepted for women, a study conducted by Sorokowski and Pawlowski published in Evolution and Human Behavior confirms that the long legs theory holds true for both men and women.

118 women and (100 men) were asked to rate the attractiveness of the silhouttes in the enclosed picture attachment on a 7 point scale. From 7 "I like it very much" to 1 "I don't like it at all".

In the study, leg length was specifically measured and defined to wit "the best referential point for leg length is the perineum (crotch). We are not certain whether participants use the perineum in real life when judging leg length, although this seems quite reasonable because there are no other straightforward visual ways to assess leg length. We used this point for measurement because it was the most unequivocal"

Body height remained the same. Other variables that could possibly affect attractiveness like groin proportions, arm length, chest size (in males) and musculature were kept consistent. The only changing variable was leg length. Results can be seen in the attachments.

The results of the study show that for both males and females, the most physically attractive leg length is 5% greater than the average leg length for a given height. At 10% longer, males were still rated as being above average!

The only challenge I found was finding how to calculate the average leg length, or where to find information on the average leg length so we can apply the findings for fun to our own lives....still interesting to hypothesize that by wearing heels that increase our leg length by up to 10% (I know there are constraints to this thinking), we are increasing our attractiveness. And thus, increasing the chances of getting a good response from women.

post-287-0-67733800-1357240817_thumb.png

post-287-0-11841100-1357241488_thumb.png

The only challenge I found was finding how to calculate the average leg length, or where to find information on the average leg length so we can apply the findings for fun to our own lives...

Nice finding KH !

It seems that all the silouhettes have the same total height. Only the basin position changes. So it not really about leg "length", but rather about ratio of length of legs over length of torso + head.

According to the matching results diagram, the "average leg length" is the one of the central silouhette.

Seems like you can measure this ratio directly on the central silouhette, while being careful that its heels are not touching the bottom of the pictures.

Good luck !

A funny thing happened to me yesterday. I have a few pairs of boots in my office, I do have a perfect place to store them. Every so often I put them on and wear them under my desk. Yesterday, I was wearing a brand new pair of black boots with stiletto heels and hidden platform. I asked my secretary to come in, I was going to give her some papers that she asked to have signed. I stood up to get the papers but when I saw here coming in decided to sit down again. As I needed to ask her to do something I showed it to her but she inmediately started looking down on my feet. Given that stilettos are really hard not to notice she started saying "no wonder you look so tall". Given that she had seen them I proceeded to show them to her and she said to me that they actually looked really good on me, they suited me well. I felt good, although really scared that she saw them. I don't think there is going to be any problem, although thinking about it I know I wasn't doing anything wrong. I guess well have to wait and see.

Kneehighs, are you pulling our leg? LOL

Just kidding. Interesting findings, actually. Thanks for the post!

Steve

ha!

According to the matching results diagram, the "average leg length" is the one of the central silouhette.

Seems like you can measure this ratio directly on the central silouhette, while being careful that its heels are not touching the bottom of the pictures.

Good luck !

I guess my initial question could be clarified in a rephrase, "how do we calculate the average leg length in REAL LIFE for our height?"

A funny thing happened to me yesterday.

I have a few pairs of boots in my office, I do have a perfect place to store them. Every so often I put them on and wear them under my desk.

Yesterday, I was wearing a brand new pair of black boots with stiletto heels and hidden platform. I asked my secretary to come in, I was going to give her some papers that she asked to have signed.

I stood up to get the papers but when I saw here coming in decided to sit down again. As I needed to ask her to do something I showed it to her but she inmediately started looking down on my feet. Given that stilettos are really hard not to notice she started saying "no wonder you look so tall". Given that she had seen them I proceeded to show them to her and she said to me that they actually looked really good on me, they suited me well.

I felt good, although really scared that she saw them. I don't think there is going to be any problem, although thinking about it I know I wasn't doing anything wrong.

I guess well have to wait and see.

Thanks for the story! It's great to see people with a professional status that affords them a secretary wear heels as well. It adds to the all walks of life wear heels as men...

Today I am wearing the Marcie boots in my avatar. I went to my usual spot for lunch for a beer. A lady (40's?) and her daughter (20's?) sat down next to me at the bar. I couldn't help but notice that Mom was wearing the same boots! So I said, "Hey, don't you just love those boots?" She looked at me kind of puzzled, then looked down, saw what I was wearing, and looked back at me, "Wow! How tall are you?" "I'm 6'4 ish" "Why would you need to wear heels?" "I saw these boots and had to have them, they just so happen to have heels." Daughter: "Wow that is so COOL!" Mom:"That takes a lot of guts" I said, "No, just extra balance." We chatted a bit, but they were fine with it. Very cool indeed.

Mike

I guess my initial question could be clarified in a rephrase, "how do we calculate the average leg length in REAL LIFE for our height?"

I guess the average leg measurements of trousers in stores could be a rough practical baseline. Mens seems to be around 32"/81cm, womens around 31"/78cm. (Of course womens average trouser length might be biased towards at least some pairs being bought to be worn with heels). In relation to average heights (of 5'10"/177cm and 5'4½"/163cm, though that varies globally) that gives ratios (inside leg as % of overall height) of 46% and 48% for men/women respectively. So guys, a rough practical estimate of average leg length might be 46% of your total height.

But maybe someone's already worked it out more accurately and for heels too... :)

http://www.comicvine...woman/87-67815/

post-12051-0-58509700-1357354880_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

Today I am wearing the Marcie boots in my avatar. I went to my usual spot for lunch for a beer. A lady (40's?) and her daughter (20's?) sat down next to me at the bar. I couldn't help but notice that Mom was wearing the same boots! So I said, "Hey, don't you just love those boots?" She looked at me kind of puzzled, then looked down, saw what I was wearing, and looked back at me, "Wow! How tall are you?" "I'm 6'4 ish" "Why would you need to wear heels?" "I saw these boots and had to have them, they just so happen to have heels." Daughter: "Wow that is so COOL!" Mom:"That takes a lot of guts" I said, "No, just extra balance." We chatted a bit, but they were fine with it. Very cool indeed.

That was a nice story. A similar thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago before Christmas at a party that my wife and I attended. The mother of my son's fiance was wearing a pair of Aerosoles red "Tapestry" pumps of which I have the same pair and a pair in hot pink too. I told her that she looked good in her Aerosoles "Tapestry" pumps. She was somewhat surprised at my comment, but she has seen me wearing heels too!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

That's an awesome response! Thanks for sharing.

I guess the average leg measurements of trousers in stores could be a rough practical baseline. Mens seems to be around 32"/81cm, womens around 31"/78cm. (Of course womens average trouser length might be biased towards at least some pairs being bought to be worn with heels). In relation to average heights (of 5'10"/177cm and 5'4½"/163cm, though that varies globally) that gives ratios (inside leg as % of overall height) of 46% and 48% for men/women respectively. So guys, a rough practical estimate of average leg length might be 46% of your total height.

But maybe someone's already worked it out more accurately and for heels too... :)

http://www.comicvine...woman/87-67815/

post-12051-0-58509700-1357354880_thumb.j

Thanks for the number, seems about right. lol to the pic.

I once went to a party at the next door neighbors, wearing my Clark's Octavia clogs/mules in dark brown (I think). Another neighbor lady had on the same model in a light tan. We laughed about it, but she never once asked me if I was wearing women's shoes. I don't know if she just assumed I was wearing the men's version, or if she didn't care. They're not particularly feminine anyway. But it was a memorable moment! Steve

I have thought about this more and more. Talked it over with my wife. I think she summed it up perfectly. "Women don't mind seeing YOU in high heels, but I bet they don't want to see THEIR man in high heels." I think that says a lot. FWIW, my wife is ok with my shoe choices. But anyway - sometimes I wonder if we think we're getting support, when actually we're just talking about shoes. What is the conversation that the women have after we leave? Are we looking so hard for 'acceptance' that we are giving too much credit where credit is due? I dunno. Just a thought. Or two. And the beer was outstanding!

Mike

I have thought about this more and more. Talked it over with my wife. I think she summed it up perfectly. "Women don't mind seeing YOU in high heels, but I bet they don't want to see THEIR man in high heels." I think that says a lot.

I have heard what you have stated ( literally ) word for word spoken directly to me.

FWIW, my wife is ok with my shoe choices. But anyway - sometimes I wonder if we think we're getting support, when actually we're just talking about shoes. What is the conversation that the women have after we leave?

Its usually where they are going shopping next, what they plan on for a vacation.. Its not ' OMG! Guys in our shoes! '. Our footware choice really isnt that important to them at all.

Are we looking so hard for 'acceptance' that we are giving too much credit where credit is due? I dunno. Just a thought. Or two.

Could be. Dunno.

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I have thought about this more and more. Talked it over with my wife. I think she summed it up perfectly. "Women don't mind seeing YOU in high heels, but I bet they don't want to see THEIR man in high heels." I think that says a lot. FWIW, my wife is ok with my shoe choices. But anyway - sometimes I wonder if we think we're getting support, when actually we're just talking about shoes. What is the conversation that the women have after we leave? Are we looking so hard for 'acceptance' that we are giving too much credit where credit is due? I dunno. Just a thought. Or two. And the beer was outstanding!

I think the world in general gives too much credit to high heels to begin with, let alone this thread of women's positive responses. They're just an article of clothing. Art with utilitarian purpose. Nonetheless, condensing women's positive responses into one thread still makes for a fun and inspiring read. Also I don't view the positive responses as something to be sought for my own peace of mind, they're just something that occurs inspite of my own peace of mind that allows me to wear heels.

From the same researcher in the latter study comes more "evidence" that taller men are not only perceived as more attractive by females, but taller men also enjoy more power, status, and perceived competence than shorter counterparts. Yet another reason to wear heels? You decide.

Studies conducted over the last several decades have demonstrated the role of the information about a man’s height in his image evaluation (see Pierce, 1996, for a review). Taller men are perceived as being more attractive in personal advertisements (Lynn & Shurgot, 1984; Pawlowski & Koziel, 2002). This effect has also been found in several experimental studies (Graziano, Brothen, & Berscheid, 1978; Hensley, 1994; Shepperd & Strathman, 1989). One theory suggests that women prefer taller men because of the relationship between height and the perceived social status of a man (Barber, 1995; Jackson & Ervin, 1992). The strong correlation between height and professional success was demonstrated in a number of studies (see meta-analysis Judge & Cable, 2004). According to Frieze, Olson, & Good(1990) (see also Egolf & Corder, 1991; Hensley & Cooper, 1987) only 3% of 500 executives of the largest American companies are shorter than 170cm, while over half of them measure more than 180cm (height of an average American is175cm). This effect is also found in other disciplines; American science professors were found to be 5cm taller than their peers (Hensley, 1993). Height of 16-year-olds is a good indicator of their future earnings (Persico, Postlewaite, &Silverman, 2004). It therefore comes as no surprise that taller people earn more in general (Frieze et al., 1990; Jackson &Ervin, 1992; Melamed, 1994).The described phenomenon may have its roots in stereotypical view of personality traits and abilities of tall people.Numerous studies suggest that taller people are perceived as more talented, competent (Hensley&Cooper,1987), efficient (Kurtz, 1969), disciplined and with higher morale (Lester & Sheehan, 1980). Moreover, they are usually leading or dominating in a group (Sharoni, 2006; Stogdill, 1948), and are more convincing (Young and French, 1996). Short stature is not associated with the qualities related to the high position in society (Jackson & Ervin, 1992), e.g., the leader of a political party. Shorter men are often perceived as average, or not possessing any characteristic qualities (Szmajke, 1998).These generalizations might be made on actual differences in personalities. Melamed (1992) found that taller men proved to be more dominating and independent.

Politicians Estimated Height As An Indicator Of Their Popularity In a presidential debate, Jimmy Carter actually wore heels according to the article

Women sometimes say its okay for men to wear high heels. But its not okay if they want to date them. Sounds like a double standard to me. I wear heels because I like them, not because I want some kind of acceptance. If a woman doesn't like my shoes or my fashion show-type clothes then that's too bad for her. There's plenty of others out there!

Women sometimes say its okay for men to wear high heels. But its not okay if they want to date them. Sounds like a double standard to me. I wear heels because I like them, not because I want some kind of acceptance. If a woman doesn't like my shoes or my fashion show-type clothes then that's too bad for her. There's plenty of others out there!

For me, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. Even in this day and age, a lot of women wouldn't consider dating a man shorter than they are, prima facie. But then a lot of them wouldn't consider dating a man who wears heels. As a short man who wears heels, I would be facing an uphill battle. Luckily for me, it's a moot point, as I am already married.

• 2 weeks later...

why do women make a big deal of men wearing high heels.

Why do you even have to ask this. Many women consider this their territory. Territory which must be earned.