Jump to content

KneeBooted

KneeBooted's Adventures?

Recommended Posts

@KneeBooted, yours looks great, but the wife's look better ;-)   there is just more to see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Her dress is shorter - shows more heel.

Interesting Half time show with men in dresses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You both look nice! If it were me, I’d combine the styles and wear my boots outside my jeans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shyheels said:

You both look nice! If it were me, I’d combine the styles and wear my boots outside my jeans.

Same here 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shyheels said:

You both look nice! If it were me, I’d combine the styles and wear my boots outside my jeans.

 

4 hours ago, maninboots said:

Same here 

Me three! Outside the pants would be great!

Did anybody at church comment upon your matching boots?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

This Sunday has been uneventful. Sure we are watching the Super Bowl now, but prior to that, we had church which is our biggest action outside of the house today.

We both took a different approach on wearing our very similar Naturalizer boots and green tops.

Who wore it better, lol

0C8CEAC2-7D05-4F75-BFE2-F8F8A2284739.jpeg

You both look great, your boots and jeans are perfect for most any occasion....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice picture !!!  You are so very lucky to have a wife who understands your desire to wear gals shoes.  I am thankful to be in the same "club," my wife accepts my choice of gals shoes as well.  The wife and I also model our heels together - it's fun.  Never thought about posting a pic here, maybe I should, but will ask the wife first.  

Too bad I moved away from the Bay Area, would have been fun for all of us to meet some day.  Maybe on one of our trip up there to visit family....  

The two of you have fun.......   sf

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 3:25 AM, mlroseplant said:

 

Me three! Outside the pants would be great!

Did anybody at church comment upon your matching boots?

I am not quite there yet with jeans tucked in, but we will see how I progress.

There has definitely been a few couples that have started noticing my/our heels, but no one has commented.

Although, to be fair, we didn’t really hang around after service this past Sunday as we needed to get my son to his swim lesson.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice looking couple!  The way you wear the boots with the block heels is how a lot of men wear western dress boots, and looks very nice and not out of the ordinary.  I do some wild things but I think I will still always wear my boots under the pants like you do here most of the time.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't posted in a while but I’ve been present just reading through other threads when I have a moment here and there.

Work has been and will continue to be busy for the next few months. Combine that with family life and unfortunately this forum is getting crumbs at the moment.

I apologize for that but wanted to provide an update. I finally got a pair of boots and wore them over jeans, albeit they have only about an inch heel.

I have been on the quest for an engineer style boot. I wanted something mid calf and with a zipper, as I prefer that to the combat boot look. I originally found some Frye boots on Poshmark, but they were listed for $200, and I just couldn’t bring myself to make a reasonable offer, as nice as they looked.

Fortunately, patience paid off and I found a pair of J. Crew boots that I was able to get for $75. I wore them under jeans to work on Friday, but wore them over jeans today for church. For once, I thought this look was more feminine than my wife thought it was.

Either way, as usual, there were no negative comments, although I did get some noticeable looks. None of those looks however were of a negative nature from what I could tell.

Feel free to let me know what you think.

C4E62350-6943-41DE-AD41-21365C81AE89.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

I haven't posted in a while but I’ve been present just reading through other threads when I have a moment here and there.

Work has been and will continue to be busy for the next few months. Combine that with family life and unfortunately this forum is getting crumbs at the moment.

I apologize for that but wanted to provide an update. I finally got a pair of boots and wore them over jeans, albeit they have only about an inch heel.

I have been on the quest for an engineer style boot. I wanted something mid calf and with a zipper, as I prefer that to the combat boot look. I originally found some Frye boots on Poshmark, but they were listed for $200, and I just couldn’t bring myself to make a reasonable offer, as nice as they looked.

Fortunately, patience paid off and I found a pair of J. Crew boots that I was able to get for $75. I wore them under jeans to work on Friday, but wore them over jeans today for church. For once, I thought this look was more feminine than my wife thought it was.

Either way, as usual, there were no negative comments, although I did get some noticeable looks. None of those looks however were of a negative nature from what I could tell.

Feel free to let me know what you think.

I think it looks all right. Not something I would ever wear to church, but you know, the world has largely passed me by in that regard, I understand that. You just look like a guy who wears jeans to church, and I don't mean that flippantly. There is absolutely nothing about this outfit that distinguishes you from the million other guys who wore jeans to church yesterday. So the question is, what are you going to do to mix it up a little next time?

I know it doesn't sound like it, but I'm trying to be supportive--I think you can definitely push your envelope a little further with good results.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it looks great. I often wear knee boots over jeans - and mine have about a one inch heel - and it certainly seems to past muster with the world at large. Not that that matter, but it certainly doesn’t draw stares. I’ve only ever had a couple of people comment - and all of them favourably. I really think it is a look that could easily become mainstream if more guys wore it. It’s nothing exceptional - and I mean that in a good way. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you look great, although I would love to see a close up of the boots.   I know what you mean about Fryes, usually big money, and tough to find in women's size 11s.  But, on the other hand, it is important to treat yourself every once in awhile...So, if you find a pair of Fryes that you really like, don't deny yourself, finding them in larger sizes is rare...

Here is an example of my Frye frustration:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Frye-Brown-Leather-Boots-Womens-7B-Western-High-Heel-Cowgirl-6175-W-Box/133247924172?hash=item1f0631f7cc:g:hIcAAOSwGC9d117~

Imagine seeing these great Fryes for such a reasonable price, only to see they are way too small....Darn....

Edited by pebblesf
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

I haven't posted in a while but I’ve been present just reading through other threads when I have a moment here and there.

Work has been and will continue to be busy for the next few months. Combine that with family life and unfortunately this forum is getting crumbs at the moment.

I apologize for that but wanted to provide an update. I finally got a pair of boots and wore them over jeans, albeit they have only about an inch heel.

I have been on the quest for an engineer style boot. I wanted something mid calf and with a zipper, as I prefer that to the combat boot look. I originally found some Frye boots on Poshmark, but they were listed for $200, and I just couldn’t bring myself to make a reasonable offer, as nice as they looked.

Fortunately, patience paid off and I found a pair of J. Crew boots that I was able to get for $75. I wore them under jeans to work on Friday, but wore them over jeans today for church. For once, I thought this look was more feminine than my wife thought it was.

Either way, as usual, there were no negative comments, although I did get some noticeable looks. None of those looks however were of a negative nature from what I could tell.

Feel free to let me know what you think.

Meant in a good way, nothing about this look strikes me as feminine at all.  Nothing. 

In fact, if worn with a leather jacket, it would look tough and masculine, imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how the boots over pants is not considered feminine.  The style is rooted in the ladies and the exposure of the boots is akin to how they show with a skirt.  Yes, I know male horseback riders wore them over their pants, but beyond that, not so much.  But the ladies have been wearing them outside of their slacks for years.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let's acquire this look for ourselves.  I've been wearing my boots on the outside since December. Show that a man can wear his knee high stiletto boots and look masculine. You got to work it baby.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s a better picture of the boots in question. I don’t argue that this look is primarily seen on women these days, but I have seen that this look isn’t uncommon among European men.

@mlroseplant I wouldn’t be opposed to dressing nicer for church, but it’s definitely something that would be far more out of the ordinary than me in heels I would assume. I appreciate the support and want to push the envelope further for sure.

@pebblesf I am blessed with smaller feet. I wear size 10 US in most women’s brands and thankfully it’s allowed me to have a variety of choices. I feel bad for those that have a harder time with larger sizes, but I’ve seen sites like OnlyMaker that have larger sizes available which gives me hope for them.

FC12F6B5-F699-4530-A8AA-4C0CC00B80D7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RonC said:

Not sure how the boots over pants is not considered feminine.  The style is rooted in the ladies and the exposure of the boots is akin to how they show with a skirt.  Yes, I know male horseback riders wore them over their pants, but beyond that, not so much.  But the ladies have been wearing them outside of their slacks for years.  

The style is rooted in the days when both sexes wore tall boots because they were riding and the roads were muddy. Later, when roads were paved and cars replaced horse, boots became an article of fashion, a bit of theatre. Women are permitted theatre in their dress, men are not. Wearing tall boots is not an intrinsically feminine look, it’s only their association with theatricality in dress that is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KneeBooted said:

Here’s a better picture of the boots in question. I don’t argue that this look is primarily seen on women these days, but I have seen that this look isn’t uncommon among European men.

@mlroseplant I wouldn’t be opposed to dressing nicer for church, but it’s definitely something that would be far more out of the ordinary than me in heels I would assume. I appreciate the support and want to push the envelope further for sure.

@pebblesf I am blessed with smaller feet. I wear size 10 US in most women’s brands and thankfully it’s allowed me to have a variety of choices. I feel bad for those that have a harder time with larger sizes, but I’ve seen sites like OnlyMaker that have larger sizes available which gives me hope for them.

 

To my eyes, there is nothing remotely feminine about those boots.   They are heavy - indeed somewhat clumpy -  and look like work boots rather than anything stylish.   I'm not sure whether the straps do anything practical or are merely an embellishment, but they (rather than the boot itself or the height of its shaft) are what would attract attention and potential comment.

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

The style is rooted in the days when both sexes wore tall boots because they were riding and the roads were muddy. Later, when roads were paved and cars replaced horse, boots became an article of fashion, a bit of theatre. Women are permitted theatre in their dress, men are not. Wearing tall boots is not an intrinsically feminine look, it’s only their association with theatricality in dress that is. 

You are right; taller (calf/knee-length) boots are - in theory - probably one of the least gender-specific types of footwear in history, along with simple sandals.   But as the practical need for them in most everyday activity has diminished in most cultures they have become a purely fashion item and therefore (alas) only truly acceptable on women.   However, in certain cultures (e.g. mid- and eastern-Europe), long boots remain part of traditional dress and are still worn by men without comment, and not just for ceremonial purposes.   And that is without considering the 'Western' (cowboy) boot in all its guises.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which is why I reckon tall boots for men is a look that could quite easily be revived. It's not too big an imaginative jump, especially with low heels, to become acceptable in mainstream fashion. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps one of the reasons why the whole boot thing is a nonstarter with me is because I am so used to seeing boots worn on the outside of pants at work. Although not in the majority, it is not at all uncommon to see a worker wearing his work boots on the outside of his pants. Add mud to the equation, and that figure goes up to nearly 100%.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RonC said:

Not sure how the boots over pants is not considered feminine.  The style is rooted in the ladies and the exposure of the boots is akin to how they show with a skirt.  Yes, I know male horseback riders wore them over their pants, but beyond that, not so much.  But the ladies have been wearing them outside of their slacks for years.  

If we are counting years, I'd say that men have worn boots over pants long before women have been allowed to wear pants at all.  

It's not any more or less feminine than skinny jeans on guys, which has become quite mainstream now.  The way @KneeBooted is wearing the boots over the jeans is the logical way and the natural look.  Pulling slim fitting jeans over boots wouldn't look right.  This is why there are more women wearing boots over pants, because the jeggings trend hit them way before they hit men.  You wouldn't pull your leggings over your boots.  Now that men's jeans have gone skinny, men are scratching their head wondering how they are supposed to wear boots.  I'm only half kidding - every week there is a new post on the cowboyboots sub asking where to find jeans that don't look weird when pulled over boots.  These same people also tend to refuse to wear the boots over the jeans, but that is more likely to change before heels become mainstream.  Even my wife, who complains about many of my fashion choices, has said that boots over pants is the way to go.  Unfortunately for us, I have already moved on and want to wear flared pants, skirts, and dresses... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

@KneeBooted Even my wife, who complains about many of my fashion choices, has said that boots over pants is the way to go.  Unfortunately for us, I have already moved on and want to wear flared pants, skirts, and dresses... 

And how's she taking this change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hiddenheels said:

And how's she taking this change?

It’s way too much too fast.  I’m suspending most of my shopping activity for a while and give her a chance to breathe and let her have a voice in all this.  She’s a bit shocked that I have interest in fashion and doesn’t quite know what to make of it.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

It’s way too much too fast.  I’m suspending most of my shopping activity for a while and give her a chance to breathe and let her have a voice in all this.  She’s a bit shocked that I have interest in fashion and doesn’t quite know what to make of it.  

Haha, I came in from choir rehearsal the other night wearing my newly purchased coat and hat (with boots over my pants, too!), and my wife, who was still at work when I'd left the house, said, "I need to start saving up money to send you to Thailand, so you can finish the job." I think she was joking.  .  .

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 5:24 PM, p1ng74 said:

It’s way too much too fast.  I’m suspending most of my shopping activity for a while and give her a chance to breathe and let her have a voice in all this.  She’s a bit shocked that I have interest in fashion and doesn’t quite know what to make of it.  

Sorry to hear that! But I guess you are excited by this, while she's not so excited by this transition. So you spend a bunch of energy on this topic. But remember, progress is progress, even if it is slower than expected...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2020 at 2:46 AM, KneeBooted said:

I haven't posted in a while but I’ve been present just reading through other threads when I have a moment here and there.

Work has been and will continue to be busy for the next few months. Combine that with family life and unfortunately this forum is getting crumbs at the moment.

I apologize for that but wanted to provide an update. I finally got a pair of boots and wore them over jeans, albeit they have only about an inch heel.

I have been on the quest for an engineer style boot. I wanted something mid calf and with a zipper, as I prefer that to the combat boot look. I originally found some Frye boots on Poshmark, but they were listed for $200, and I just couldn’t bring myself to make a reasonable offer, as nice as they looked.

Fortunately, patience paid off and I found a pair of J. Crew boots that I was able to get for $75. I wore them under jeans to work on Friday, but wore them over jeans today for church. For once, I thought this look was more feminine than my wife thought it was.

Either way, as usual, there were no negative comments, although I did get some noticeable looks. None of those looks however were of a negative nature from what I could tell.

Feel free to let me know what you think.

C4E62350-6943-41DE-AD41-21365C81AE89.jpeg

I like this look. Can be both masculine and femme at the same time. I think if your jeans were skinnier, it would be a much more feminine look. Those boots must make a nice noise as you walk in them...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 8:29 AM, Shyheels said:

Wearing tall boots is not an intrinsically feminine look, it’s only their association with theatricality in dress that is. 

I thought women not only liked the look but also the extra warmth ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gudulitooo said:

I thought women not only liked the look but also the extra warmth ?

Yes, and the difference in feeling is huge when wearing skirts and dresses.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 12:12 PM, Gudulitooo said:

I thought women not only liked the look but also the extra warmth ?

I certainly have appreciated the extra warmth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.