How Do You Store Your High Heels?

gary0618

Neat! I love it! I usually try to store mine in their original boxes on the top shelf of my closet.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I came up with something similar for our hallway. I bought a couple of lengths of wood, some towel rack ends and middle supports and some metal bars. Total cost was about £12 and it stores 30 pairs plus the ones on the floor at the bottom. Only works with heels higher than 4 inches though, but this could be sorted by moving the bars closer to the wall.

I simply keep all my shoes in the original boxes they came in. I'm nowhere near handy enough with my hands to build anything like what benno and gary0618 came up with.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jeff, Can you use a drill and a screwdriver? If yes then just buy a few ready made towel rails, as in the 1st photo, and screw them to a wall. It looks great to have all your shoes on the wall and you can arrange them in colour order and it looks pretty. I'll try to stick a photo up but I need to tidy the area up as my girlfriend has just made a big mess packing for a hen night in Ibiza!!!

Edited by benno

I had a local Carpenter make a shelving unit. Its getting over-crowded though and might have to come up with something bigger/better..

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 2 weeks later...

All of my left shoes are in racks on the walls of my closet. Each show has a number on the outside of the sole just in front of the heel. Right shoes are stored two to a box on a shelf with the numbers of the shoes inside displayed on the end of the box. A few friends and some of my staff wear my size and if shoes for a special occassion are needed, they borrow the pair from me and save some good money. In most instances I have to caurtion them that the right shoe has never been worn and that she must wear the pair prior to the occassion and "break in" the right shoe. So far, all of the shoes have been returned in very good condition, and her legs and feet as well. E

Mine get thrown under the stairs in our anything goes cupboard. She knows what shoes are hers and leaves mine well alone she is not a great lover of me wearing heels.

life is not a rehearsal

Great topic, My shoes and boots are in different places. Most that are in their original boxes are on an shelving system 2" X 10" X 12 feet consisting of four shelves. Some of those I wear the most are under our bed and those that are not in boxes are grouped in a large rubbermaid-type container. I have have about 6-8 pairs I keep at our camper on our 40 acres in northern Wisconsin for when I'm up there. So, the shoes are in different places but all of which are convenient for me. HappyinHeels :santa_hat:

• 1 month later...

I keep the majority of my heels like from Payless and Dsw thrown together in two big boxes. But for some strange reason i keep all my Bakers heels in their respective shoe boxes. I love my bakers sandals and pumps plus the wedges. I consider Bakers a shoe collection because i have now 30 pairs from that store and they are a bit expensive to just throw in a big box and i feel Bakers will be the shoe store i shop at from now on because of the great service i receive! And i love to open my closet door and seeing grey shoe boxes with the word Bakers printed on them and i keep them very organized even tho i am sure my loving wife Jennifer would love to have that space for other things L.O.L

Thankfully most of my shoes are still in shops, or on route to them if not still on drawing boards or in the imaginations of various designers..... I simply wouldn't have anywhere to put them all otherwise!

Edited by Amanda Snake

• 3 weeks later...

I keep my heels beside the bed on my side on a shelf that i made, and same with the wife, she keeps hers on her side. We also have some in the closet and i have some more in boxes in the basement. We also have the heels that we wear out by our main door.

post-19011-0-35736200-1348988111_thumb.j

post-19011-0-97196300-1348988125_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

my wife has soooo many shoes we cant ever find what she wants or we may forget she has something, so what i did was cut the ends off all her shoe boxes after taping the lids on. then i stacked 4 or 5 and taped them. now i can set the stacks on the floor of the closet and on the shelf. the first shoe goes in heel first, the second toe first. she can now see the front and the heel of each shoe. but stop! dont go cutting your boxes. the plan had a little flaw. due to the weight, some of the boxes have collapsed just a little. nothing has fallen, but it is not like it was, although it still works. my plan is to try and build the sme thing with some of that thin plywood. i just dont have the ime right now. my shoes go in boxes, so she does not have to see them. on the box ends i put white paper with the brand, heel height, color. that way i can find what i want. (not all of our shoes are in their original boxes)

My only two pair are hiding in two separate places...hope I need not describe the reason why again :P One sits in the box they were shipped to me in, and the other is hiding in my bottom drawer. No one Ever checks there, 'cept me ;)

Formally "HHDude"

We have thought about that too. We spent an hour looking for a pair Of her shoes yesterday. We did not find them. She got mad at how many I have.

• 3 weeks later...