miltboot

Who has bought some new BOOTS?

@Rockpup: Nice boots. Personally I am not a big fan of the pointed toe, but I like the buckles. My YSL (wedge) boots run a tad small, about half a size (I only got one pair from YSL). Did you have the same experience with the Bottine Buckle Booties?

Yea, the buckles outweigh the pointed toe, but they don't pinch like pointed toes, so yay. They were listed as size 11/41, so they fit small for US, but correct for Euro.

For years my dream pair of boots was inspired by a music video by ZZ Top "Legs".

attachicon.gifZZ Top Legs.JPG

Bought this pair on eBay, vintage 80s black leather OTK / pirate cuffed boots made in Italy, size 37 EUR, 6 1/2 - 7 US.  They are 4 1/4" spike high heels.  I took this pair to a local shoe repair store for brand new heel tips.  This is fine Italian leather, and feels soft like a glove.  Tops of this pair can be worn up for a sexy OTK look or cuffed for a pirate look.

So far I have gone on short simple outings like Starbucks or my local post office.  More stories and adventures will follow.  I am happy with my purchase and had one of my life's dreams come true.

Those boots are great, perfect with the jeans, so powerful

I have been searching for winter boots since last spring, when I decided to retire my Vera Wang boots, which were falling apart. I had basically three requirements: 1) The sole should not be leather, the heel should be at least 4.5 inches tall, and they should be reasonably high quality. I figured finding such boots would be no problem, since I wear size 9, there are a million boots out there, I had several months to find them, and I was willing to pay pretty good money for the right pair.

It turned out to be not nearly as easy as I thought. To make a long story less long, I bought 4 pairs of boots that I rejected for various reasons before purchasing the boots pictured here. In the end, I wound up finding a pair of Simply Vera boots almost identical to the ones I had to trash last spring. The model name is Velma, and of course they aren't made any more. I like them even better than my old ones, as the Velmas have just a simple leather strap across the top of the foot, rather than a large triangular piece of leather that looks suspiciously like a metatarsal guard for a construction boot.

The heels measure just a tidge over 5 inches, and the platforms, both visible and hidden total a little over an inch, giving an effective rise of 4 inches--quite wearable. The heel is just a little bit thicker than stiletto thin, at 5/8 inch, but not chunky at all. The most surprising thing about them, however, is how well they deal with the snow and ice. I know it's not my imagination, because I did a back to back comparison between these and some other boots that were SUPPOSED to have been my winter boots, and there is no contest--the Veras are sure-footed and stable in slippery conditions, the other boots require great skill and nerves of steel to negotiate things like snow and ice covered hills or sidewalk ramps.

Some will say that I'm nuts for even wearing heels in inclement weather, but I say life is too short to let a little snow cramp your style, especially when you've got the right equipment. I shall endeavor to take care of these boots a little bit better than the ones they replaced. I wish that I could find a pair just like these that are better made and rather more durable.

You are NOT nuts, nothing feels nicer than powering through snow in powerful boots like yours!

Found these ankle boots in a local thrift store.  They are size 11 so they are a little tight but theyare leather so they will give a bit.

Great find TBG!  You look very sharp in that outfit, wish I had that kind of luck at thrift stores

Just received these from 2 different e-bay finds. Both 5 inch heels, 1st pair are fetish style Ellie and fit surprisingly well. 2nd pair are from Just Fab and are a burgundy brownish color. These will get a lot of wear this fall and winter.

yeah buddy, great boots and legs!

VERY nice. 

oh yeah, looking great in tight jeans and fine boots

My boots for the every day, heels 11,5 cm (4,5 inch)

AMAZING boots, nice tight jeans too!  Very masculine and powerful

GREAT BOOTS MINE ARE WHITE LOVE WEARING THEM

Boy, those boots are amazing! 

Perhaps you will tell us all when some boots you DON'T like come up!!    :giggle:

These are fairly new Franco Sarto Haverly's - These are my 2nd pair, also have the brown. Not a very high heel but super comfy and go with about everything.

post-26173-0-28305100-1423528675_thumb.j

post-26173-0-25185100-1423528757_thumb.j

Just got in my Just Fab BRYNN Boots

The Just Fab stuff runs small at times and no 1/2 size

I took a chance and got these in a size 9 

Usually I take 9 1/2 -10 but sometimes 9s are ok 

These have a 4-inch heel and a 1 in platform so easy heel then

The color is in the first pic nice tie up front and full zipper on the inside.

So for $39.95 it’s a nice boot

Now to get up some courage to get these outside like this

post-24943-0-41970900-1423623812_thumb.j

post-24943-0-62268300-1423623871_thumb.j

post-24943-0-26376300-1423623942_thumb.j

Pebbles, not sure you if you realized, but both of your posts were replying to some rather old posts, in fact some of them were made as long as 5 years ago by people that have not been here in ages.

Pebbles, not sure you if you realized, but both of your posts were replying to some rather old posts, in fact some of them were made as long as 5 years ago by people that have not been here in ages.

Yeah, I know.  Just got caught up in this thread, and ended up reviewing most of it! 

I've been wanting a pair of chunky boots for quite a while and had been eyeballing this pair on the New Look site. But I found them a little expensive, but when they where on sale I ordered them. They are no doubt chunky! They are quite comfortable and I love how they look.

Also got a pair of real Jeffrey Campbell's. Took me ages scouting a local second hand site but I finally have my almost new pair for less than a third of the retail price. I'm very happy!

post-4974-0-00824300-1424120350_thumb.jp

post-4974-0-34320600-1424120475_thumb.jp

First pair of flat boots from new look in uk9 fit is great

post-24945-0-03398500-1424373086_thumb.j

Sorry for photo orientation just how it uploaded enetered more pics into my new gallery

Veryhigh,

You know, if you want to impress your reader audience here with the photo of those boots, a quick manipulation to correct the orientation would be a welcome idea, rather than leaving it as it is and make us readers tilt our heads. The message, whether you intended it or not, is "I'm too lazy to RTFM (read the *fine* manual) to learn how to fix it." If you would take a few seconds to correct the orientation next time you post, we would all appreciate it. Please take this criticism in the constructive manner in which it is intended. Thank you.

Steve

To be fair, I find that when I take a photo on my mobile phone in the "portrait" orientation, no amount of manipulation seems to be able to turn it the necessary 90 degrees when uploading to this site. I find this is true even if I transfer the photo to my computer and mess with it there.

I do not have this problem when the photo is taken with a regular camera. As a result of frustration, I now only take shoe photos intended for this site in the "landscape" format.

Mlroseplant,

Hey, whatever works! Thanks for figuring it out so you can post the pics right side up.

I hope you're enjoying your trip and seeing lots more eye candy.

Steve

Yay! At long last my newest boots have arrived! I cannot wait for winter to hit our shores in the next few months.

post-15565-0-75324000-1425032294_thumb.j

Yay! At long last my newest boots have arrived! I cannot wait for winter to hit our shores in the next few months.

attachicon.gif20150227_093236.jpg

And just a quick something this morning before work. Wore them over the weekend and they are incredibly comfortable for me

post-15565-0-51160800-1425280885_thumb.j

Great outfit! Nice jeans, Schnubab.

I do recommend getting the boot shafts taken in a bit for a closer fit. You won;t regret it. The look of a close fitting boot shaft over skinny jeans is awesome and really shows off your legs.

Schnubab - Great looking boots! 

I'm a real fan of skinny jeans and leggings but they seem to make the shaft of the boots look too big.  Try wearing the boots with regular jeans.

Did you wear them out and about or just at home?  It seems a shame to hide them.

But I repeat, Great boots.

A problem for me too, just because you have large® feet the manufacturers seem to think you should have massive calves

I have been browsing the Country Outfitter web site for a few months now.

Finally I found a pair of boots I could not resist.

A little pricey, but IMHO, Very nice looking. And it turns out they fit real well too!

Size 12. About 3.75" heel. And $139.95 with free shipping.

http://www.countryoutfitter.com/products/69313-womens-cowboy-bling-boot-black

post-640-0-41140200-1425427913_thumb.jpg     post-640-0-40398100-1425427926_thumb.jpg    

post-640-0-18962700-1425427944_thumb.jpg

Great outfit! Nice jeans, Schnubab.

I do recommend getting the boot shafts taken in a bit for a closer fit. You won;t regret it. The look of a close fitting boot shaft over skinny jeans is awesome and really shows off your legs.

Thanks for the compliment Shafted. I am considering having the shafts taken in a bit as they are quite wide, I just need to find a reliable person able to do so. Good quality service is a rare thing to find in South Africa.

Schnubab - Great looking boots! 

I'm a real fan of skinny jeans and leggings but they seem to make the shaft of the boots look too big.  Try wearing the boots with regular jeans.

Did you wear them out and about or just at home?  It seems a shame to hide them.

But I repeat, Great boots.

Hey Thighbootguy, sadly the shafts are quite wide. You can even see the shafts showing through from under a pair of bootcut jeans, so they definitely do need some tweaking.

I have yet to take the plunge into public heeling, so sadly these are still only worn around the house. Although I have great aspirations for this coming winter :cheeky:

A problem for me too, just because you have large® feet the manufacturers seem to think you should have massive calves

Who knows why the manufacturers do this to us :cry: But I do have hope that there is a growing acknowledgement of men wearing heels and that this will hopefully spiral off to affect manufacturers too :happy:

What's up everyone here are some boots I purchased from months ago let me know what you think.

Dynamite outfit!

Bought some new posts from Ardene's. They were 70% off so I got them for a little over $13. Gonna try to wear them with some black skinnys.

post-1151-0-05097700-1425959198_thumb.jp

post-1151-0-42340300-1425959269_thumb.jp

Bought some new posts from Ardene's. They were 70% off so I got them for a little over $13. Gonna try to wear them with some black skinnys.

attachicon.gifreceived_10153051676805310.jpeg

attachicon.gif20150309_133031.jpg

Nice Newfie!  The price is good too!  I was not aware ardene had heels.  I will have to check out my local outlet.