Jump to content

Who has bought some new BOOTS?


miltboot
 Share

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, spikesmike said:

pebblesf : When you went for your " moderna " shot, were you wearing your high heels ? If so, What was there reaction ?Mike 

254593_2145202075310_1404016199_32606146_3169060_n.jpg

No, was at home for the shot..."The boss" doesn't tolerate my boots...But, I do have another funny story...My back has been out for a few weeks now, finally dragged myself back to work with a few ice packs.  During the layover, I decided to wear my Sam Edelman boots on the hunt for pizza in center city Philly.  Surprisingly enough, wearing my boots was easy, no back issues.  Walked around looking for the suggested pizza spots, only to find nothing except more upscale stuff.  Finally found a hole in the wall mom and pop pizza joint, which is what I prefer.  Bought a few slices and headed back for the hotel, or at least I though so.  I must have walked around for almost an hour, probably logged a few miles, finally found the main road I "thought" the hotel was on....Walked up and down, no Cambria Suites to be found... It was almost 10PM now, and pretty cold out.  I finally stopped and bothered a cop who was sitting in his car.  At first he said he had never heard of Cambria Suites, then started messing with his phone, finally found it.  The nice cop took pity on me saying it's better that I give you a ride back to the hotel than find you beat up in an alley somewhere...I had never ridden in the back of a cop car, not much room back there at all...By this time, my back was not real eager to lower me into and out of that back seat, not to mention I had 4" boots on.  I thanked the cop, even offered him a slice of what now was cold pizza, he thanked me but declined as we pulled up to the Cambria.  The beauty part of this embarrassment was that I had forgotten I was wearing boots by now, and wasn't worried that the cop would surely notice while helping me in and out of the "cage".  

Going back to the chiropractor for follow up tomorrow, I plan to ask her opinion about wearing 4" heels, and weather she feels they hinder my recovery....

Yeah, yeah, I know....Should of used the GPS on the phone, but hopelessly stuck in the 80s.

PS:  Spikes, looks like the fellow next to you in the picture noticed your heels, any comments/compliment?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

pebbesf : The picture you are referring to was a day a few years ago . I was at this Mall for a " Walk a Mile in her Shoes" event . The mall was crowded for the occasion . This was just one of many people I spoke with that day . Always jetting comments - like , You don't seem to have any trouble walking in heels like those , or , I cant wear heels any more , or , Don't those hurt your feel ? Why do you wear those ? I usually respond with something stupid like - I never go anywhere bear footed, or , These aren't even my highest heels . <-- True . In truth, I have not received a negative comment for many years. Final - I am never anywhere in public or at home unless I wear high stiletto heels . Mikepost-26480-133522947761_thumb.jpg58d6a47a8755a_DSCF5236(5).thumb.JPG.4045027821e3b3dff49d5ed5784d6ba0.JPG

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2021 at 11:57 AM, pebblesf said:

No, was at home for the shot..."The boss" doesn't tolerate my boots...But, I do have another funny story...My back has been out for a few weeks now, finally dragged myself back to work with a few ice packs.  During the layover, I decided to wear my Sam Edelman boots on the hunt for pizza in center city Philly.  Surprisingly enough, wearing my boots was easy, no back issues.  Walked around looking for the suggested pizza spots, only to find nothing except more upscale stuff.  Finally found a hole in the wall mom and pop pizza joint, which is what I prefer.  Bought a few slices and headed back for the hotel, or at least I though so.  I must have walked around for almost an hour, probably logged a few miles, finally found the main road I "thought" the hotel was on....Walked up and down, no Cambria Suites to be found... It was almost 10PM now, and pretty cold out.  I finally stopped and bothered a cop who was sitting in his car.  At first he said he had never heard of Cambria Suites, then started messing with his phone, finally found it.  The nice cop took pity on me saying it's better that I give you a ride back to the hotel than find you beat up in an alley somewhere...I had never ridden in the back of a cop car, not much room back there at all...By this time, my back was not real eager to lower me into and out of that back seat, not to mention I had 4" boots on.  I thanked the cop, even offered him a slice of what now was cold pizza, he thanked me but declined as we pulled up to the Cambria.  The beauty part of this embarrassment was that I had forgotten I was wearing boots by now, and wasn't worried that the cop would surely notice while helping me in and out of the "cage".  

Going back to the chiropractor for follow up tomorrow, I plan to ask her opinion about wearing 4" heels, and weather she feels they hinder my recovery....

Yeah, yeah, I know....Should of used the GPS on the phone, but hopelessly stuck in the 80s.

PS:  Spikes, looks like the fellow next to you in the picture noticed your heels, any comments/compliment?

Another visit to the chiropractor yesterday...Asked her about wearing boots with "moderate heels".  She said that in my case, a "reasonable heel" can help my posture and relieve pain.  My lowest disk is messed up, so bending over is a big no no.  She said that heels somewhat naturally improve my posture and cause me to arch my back slightly, which is helpful.  We both had a laugh when I told her about getting lost...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I also have damaged lowest disks. And feel some relief with heels. Even more if I pay attention to keep the abs tight. 

Never ask my chiropractor. Much too afraid he could say I am crazy. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

I also have damaged lowest disks. And feel some relief with heels. Even more if I pay attention to keep the abs tight. 

Never ask my chiropractor. Much too afraid he could say I am crazy. 

Mine pretty much figured out I was looney after admitting I got lost walking around center city!  Figured the heels inquiry wouldn't be much of a surprise at that point....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ASOS have a massive sale on right now. Something that some may want to take advantage of as they have the Recite boots for not much more than £10. Many others for a bargain.

UK guys, just a heads up, as we head out of lockdown, be prepared for a massive sale in Debenhams and others who will be closing for good shortly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

ASOS have a massive sale on right now. Something that some may want to take advantage of as they have the Recite boots for not much more than £10. Many others for a bargain.

UK guys, just a heads up, as we head out of lockdown, be prepared for a massive sale in Debenhams and others who will be closing for good shortly.

Alas, very little in larger sizes.   The Recite boots in black only in UK 8 or 9.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/4/2021 at 8:33 AM, spikesmike said:

pebblesf : When you went for your " moderna " shot, were you wearing your high heels ? If so, What was there reaction ?Mike 

 

I actually did get my second Moderna jab in high heels, but that was kind of accidental. I didn’t expect to get it that day, they just had some extra doses left over when I stuck my head in the pharmacy. But since I don’t have a picture, I suppose it never really happened. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

New Pleaser boots arrived today. They came all the way from Los Angeles to me because they were sold out on UK sites.

IMG_12042021_164606_(918_x_1632_pixel).jpg

Oh yeah, those hot boots were worth the wait for sure...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

It was over a 3-month wait for the custom MJ boots, but worth it.  I sent in my foot measurements, and they fit perfectly.  I also much prefer this toe shape versus the pointed "sharp" toe, the overall look is slimmer.  Now I'll have to plan what to order next - thinking something even taller...

spacer.png

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

It was over a 3-month wait for the custom MJ boots, but worth it.  I sent in my foot measurements, and they fit perfectly.  I also much prefer this toe shape versus the pointed "sharp" toe, the overall look is slimmer.  Now I'll have to plan what to order next - thinking something even taller...

spacer.png

Good choice !
I should buy them in matte and not patent .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went to the Shoe Department Encore store yesterday with the intent to buy these:

 

 

 

Ankle/Bootie Impo Penny, Black, hi-res

 

Penny by Impo.  These are a bit out of my comfort range as the heel is higher than I typically can wear and they have a platform that I'm also usually not attracted to, but I wanted to challenge myself.  Unfortunately, they were not comfortable as something was causing pain on the big toe of my right foot when I was walking in them in the store.  So I thought it best to take a pass as I would not have been able to wear them very long, though maybe they would have stretched a bit.  In the store, I thought I was pretty much by myself in the aisle, but just as I was zipping up the right boot a female sales clerk was asking if I needed any help and just after she said the words she noticed what I was doing and let out a kind of surprised "oh".  I said I was doing fine and she proceeded to walk away while I put on the other boot.  As I was walking the aisle I noticed she had gone to the checkout counter and was talking to the other clerk, probably about the old guy trying on heels....lol.  I do wish they had fit comfortably, as they would have been a challenge to walk in outdoors.  I'd guess the heel in size 11 was likely in the 4 3/4" range, and even with the small platform, they felt fairly high, and were definitely a bit on the wobbly side, which would have added to the challenge.  Oh well, hopefully I find something else.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It was warm enough for shorts this morning so I snapped pictures with the boots on full display:

spacer.png

I ran a bunch of errands all over the county wearing them and just love that feeling of being in 4" heels for an extended time again.  Half an inch is a huge difference in feeling, and 4" might just be that sweet spot for me.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RonC said:

I went to the Shoe Department Encore store yesterday with the intent to buy these:

 

 

 

Ankle/Bootie Impo Penny, Black, hi-res

 

Penny by Impo.  These are a bit out of my comfort range as the heel is higher than I typically can wear and they have a platform that I'm also usually not attracted to, but I wanted to challenge myself.  Unfortunately, they were not comfortable as something was causing pain on the big toe of my right foot when I was walking in them in the store.  So I thought it best to take a pass as I would not have been able to wear them very long, though maybe they would have stretched a bit.  In the store, I thought I was pretty much by myself in the aisle, but just as I was zipping up the right boot a female sales clerk was asking if I needed any help and just after she said the words she noticed what I was doing and let out a kind of surprised "oh".  I said I was doing fine and she proceeded to walk away while I put on the other boot.  As I was walking the aisle I noticed she had gone to the checkout counter and was talking to the other clerk, probably about the old guy trying on heels....lol.  I do wish they had fit comfortably, as they would have been a challenge to walk in outdoors.  I'd guess the heel in size 11 was likely in the 4 3/4" range, and even with the small platform, they felt fairly high, and were definitely a bit on the wobbly side, which would have added to the challenge.  Oh well, hopefully I find something else.

I understand your reluctance to purchase any pair of shoes that are uncomfortable, I don’t blame you on passing on them.  As I learned early on from my wife, there is nothing more aggravating to ruin one’s good mood than wearing a pair of shoes that are even the slightest bit uncomfortable.  I purchased two pair of Nine West ankle boots that are remarkably similar to the pair in your picture that I have worn for the past two winters.  I have had great fortune with Nine West over the years as their “Lasts” for size 10 1/2 fit me extremely well.  And, I have worn them everywhere for literally days and hours on end without the slightest discomfort.  In fact, now that warmer weather has arrived I am reluctant to set them aside and switch to my wedge and stiletto heel sandals that are far more appropriate for my summer lifestyle and the hot/humid weather here in the sunny southeastern part of our country.  Don’t give up on finding a pair of properly fitting shoes with higher heels.  I find that shoes with 4 1/2 or 5” heels are worth the effort of learning to wear because they really enhance the entire experience and feeling you get when wearing heels.

  • Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The day is not over yet and I'm still loving being in the new boots.  My feet look so small with the jeans over them... 

spacer.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

The day is not over yet and I'm still loving being in the new boots.  My feet look so small with the jeans over them... 

Nice boots, but the shiny leather and the colour contrast between uppers and sole/heel makes them stand out, even when worn under trousers.   Does that worry you when wearing them in public?   Any obvious reaction?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Puffer said:

Nice boots, but the shiny leather and the colour contrast between uppers and sole/heel makes them stand out, even when worn under trousers.   Does that worry you when wearing them in public?   Any obvious reaction?

I own so many pairs of all black shoes and I miss being a little more expressive, so it was kind of my intention to go for something a little more expressive this time.  I’m used to people asking me about my cowboy boots.  When I was waiting in line to order dinner last night the lady behind me said she liked my cowboy boots, and then stopped and asked if they are cowboy boots, because of the unique look.  When I confirmed that they are cowboy boots she asked to see the uppers and the stitching, so I lifted a pant leg.  The whole family oooh and aaah at the boots, and commented on how those are how real riding boots should look.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2021 at 5:44 PM, Bubba136 said:

Don’t give up on finding a pair of properly fitting shoes with higher heels.  I find that shoes with 4 1/2 or 5” heels are worth the effort of learning to wear because they really enhance the entire experience and feeling you get when wearing heels.

If those boots hadn't had the platform, I likely would not be able to wear them due to some foot issues I have related to medications.  I would have enjoyed the challenge but I have no desire for a 5" heel as quite honestly I do not even like the look of a five incher too much.  Some can be nice, but in general not my cup of tea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

I own so many pairs of all black shoes and I miss being a little more expressive, so it was kind of my intention to go for something a little more expressive this time.  I’m used to people asking me about my cowboy boots.  When I was waiting in line to order dinner last night the lady behind me said she liked my cowboy boots, and then stopped and asked if they are cowboy boots, because of the unique look.  When I confirmed that they are cowboy boots she asked to see the uppers and the stitching, so I lifted a pant leg.  The whole family oooh and aaah at the boots, and commented on how those are how real riding boots should look.  

I'm glad to hear that you like them, and that others seem to approve!   In the UK, 'cowboy boots' are not commonly seen in public (except perhaps for line dancing or similar 'costume' activities) and would certainly attract some (potentially adverse) attention, particularly if having visible and significantly high heels (3" or more) or with long/decorated shafts.   Unfortunate but true.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Puffer said:

I'm glad to hear that you like them, and that others seem to approve!   In the UK, 'cowboy boots' are not commonly seen in public (except perhaps for line dancing or similar 'costume' activities) and would certainly attract some (potentially adverse) attention, particularly if having visible and significantly high heels (3" or more) or with long/decorated shafts.   Unfortunate but true.

What would the adverse attention be? I wore my cowboy boots with 3” heels for my entire trip in the UK, and my wife said that there were a lot of people staring at my shoes.  If something is uncommon, then yes, people will stare and it will attract attention, but none of it was ever adverse to me.  I am comfortable with people taking a second look at something they don’t see often.  If anything, I welcome it as that is often how we get inspiration and understanding of each other as different people.  And if they don’t like the aesthetic, that is fine, it doesn’t hurt me.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/14/2021 at 10:12 PM, p1ng74 said:

The day is not over yet and I'm still loving being in the new boots.  My feet look so small with the jeans over them... 

spacer.png

Hmmm, I understand you concern...Which is one reason I usually stick to pointed toe boots...My feet aren't that big to begin with, but looked freakishly small (to me anyway), when I had a pair of round toe boots with a slight platform and wore them with conventional levis...

4 hours ago, Puffer said:

I'm glad to hear that you like them, and that others seem to approve!   In the UK, 'cowboy boots' are not commonly seen in public (except perhaps for line dancing or similar 'costume' activities) and would certainly attract some (potentially adverse) attention, particularly if having visible and significantly high heels (3" or more) or with long/decorated shafts.   Unfortunate but true.

What a great compliment indeed....Finally had a compliment last weekend in Chicago while wearing my Zara boots.  A nice looking (well dressed) young man caught up with me and said:  "cute shoes"....  Not quite the compliment I was looking for, but welcomed it just the same with a smile and a thankyou....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Hmmm, I understand you concern...Which is one reason I usually stick to pointed toe boots...My feet aren't that big to begin with, but looked freakishly small (to me anyway), when I had a pair of round toe boots with a slight platform and wore them with conventional levis...

What a great compliment indeed....Finally had a compliment last weekend in Chicago while wearing my Zara boots.  A nice looking (well dressed) young man caught up with me and said:  "cute shoes"....  Not quite the compliment I was looking for, but welcomed it just the same with a smile and a thankyou....

Actually, I like slimmer look - it's like one of the trademarks of heels.  You're right, it's not just an illusion, the toe shape matters.  Here's a comparison of two boots of the same size that fit the same:

spacer.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

Actually, I like slimmer look - it's like one of the trademarks of heels.  You're right, it's not just an illusion, the toe shape matters.  Here's a comparison of two boots of the same size that fit the same:

spacer.png

 

Don't get me wrong, I do like some square toe boot styles, especially harness boots....Just wish my feet were bigger...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.