Who has bought some new BOOTS?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies for not following the conversation, but I just had to show off my latest boots. Lk Bennett black leather with a zip up the back 

Superhero boots!

New boots from England:

Posted Images

2 hours ago, spikesmike said:

pebblesf : When you went for your " moderna " shot, were you wearing your high heels ? If so, What was there reaction ?Mike 

254593_2145202075310_1404016199_32606146_3169060_n.jpg

No, was at home for the shot..."The boss" doesn't tolerate my boots...But, I do have another funny story...My back has been out for a few weeks now, finally dragged myself back to work with a few ice packs.  During the layover, I decided to wear my Sam Edelman boots on the hunt for pizza in center city Philly.  Surprisingly enough, wearing my boots was easy, no back issues.  Walked around looking for the suggested pizza spots, only to find nothing except more upscale stuff.  Finally found a hole in the wall mom and pop pizza joint, which is what I prefer.  Bought a few slices and headed back for the hotel, or at least I though so.  I must have walked around for almost an hour, probably logged a few miles, finally found the main road I "thought" the hotel was on....Walked up and down, no Cambria Suites to be found... It was almost 10PM now, and pretty cold out.  I finally stopped and bothered a cop who was sitting in his car.  At first he said he had never heard of Cambria Suites, then started messing with his phone, finally found it.  The nice cop took pity on me saying it's better that I give you a ride back to the hotel than find you beat up in an alley somewhere...I had never ridden in the back of a cop car, not much room back there at all...By this time, my back was not real eager to lower me into and out of that back seat, not to mention I had 4" boots on.  I thanked the cop, even offered him a slice of what now was cold pizza, he thanked me but declined as we pulled up to the Cambria.  The beauty part of this embarrassment was that I had forgotten I was wearing boots by now, and wasn't worried that the cop would surely notice while helping me in and out of the "cage".  

Going back to the chiropractor for follow up tomorrow, I plan to ask her opinion about wearing 4" heels, and weather she feels they hinder my recovery....

Yeah, yeah, I know....Should of used the GPS on the phone, but hopelessly stuck in the 80s.

PS:  Spikes, looks like the fellow next to you in the picture noticed your heels, any comments/compliment?

• Like 2

pebbesf : The picture you are referring to was a day a few years ago . I was at this Mall for a " Walk a Mile in her Shoes" event . The mall was crowded for the occasion . This was just one of many people I spoke with that day . Always jetting comments - like , You don't seem to have any trouble walking in heels like those , or , I cant wear heels any more , or , Don't those hurt your feel ? Why do you wear those ? I usually respond with something stupid like - I never go anywhere bear footed, or , These aren't even my highest heels . <-- True . In truth, I have not received a negative comment for many years. Final - I am never anywhere in public or at home unless I wear high stiletto heels . Mikepost-26480-133522947761_thumb.jpg58d6a47a8755a_DSCF5236(5).thumb.JPG.4045027821e3b3dff49d5ed5784d6ba0.JPG

• Like 6
On 4/4/2021 at 11:57 AM, pebblesf said:

No, was at home for the shot..."The boss" doesn't tolerate my boots...But, I do have another funny story...My back has been out for a few weeks now, finally dragged myself back to work with a few ice packs.  During the layover, I decided to wear my Sam Edelman boots on the hunt for pizza in center city Philly.  Surprisingly enough, wearing my boots was easy, no back issues.  Walked around looking for the suggested pizza spots, only to find nothing except more upscale stuff.  Finally found a hole in the wall mom and pop pizza joint, which is what I prefer.  Bought a few slices and headed back for the hotel, or at least I though so.  I must have walked around for almost an hour, probably logged a few miles, finally found the main road I "thought" the hotel was on....Walked up and down, no Cambria Suites to be found... It was almost 10PM now, and pretty cold out.  I finally stopped and bothered a cop who was sitting in his car.  At first he said he had never heard of Cambria Suites, then started messing with his phone, finally found it.  The nice cop took pity on me saying it's better that I give you a ride back to the hotel than find you beat up in an alley somewhere...I had never ridden in the back of a cop car, not much room back there at all...By this time, my back was not real eager to lower me into and out of that back seat, not to mention I had 4" boots on.  I thanked the cop, even offered him a slice of what now was cold pizza, he thanked me but declined as we pulled up to the Cambria.  The beauty part of this embarrassment was that I had forgotten I was wearing boots by now, and wasn't worried that the cop would surely notice while helping me in and out of the "cage".  

Going back to the chiropractor for follow up tomorrow, I plan to ask her opinion about wearing 4" heels, and weather she feels they hinder my recovery....

Yeah, yeah, I know....Should of used the GPS on the phone, but hopelessly stuck in the 80s.

PS:  Spikes, looks like the fellow next to you in the picture noticed your heels, any comments/compliment?

Another visit to the chiropractor yesterday...Asked her about wearing boots with "moderate heels".  She said that in my case, a "reasonable heel" can help my posture and relieve pain.  My lowest disk is messed up, so bending over is a big no no.  She said that heels somewhat naturally improve my posture and cause me to arch my back slightly, which is helpful.  We both had a laugh when I told her about getting lost...

• Like 1

I also have damaged lowest disks. And feel some relief with heels. Even more if I pay attention to keep the abs tight. 

Never ask my chiropractor. Much too afraid he could say I am crazy. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

I also have damaged lowest disks. And feel some relief with heels. Even more if I pay attention to keep the abs tight. 

Never ask my chiropractor. Much too afraid he could say I am crazy. 

Mine pretty much figured out I was looney after admitting I got lost walking around center city!  Figured the heels inquiry wouldn't be much of a surprise at that point....

• Like 1

ASOS have a massive sale on right now. Something that some may want to take advantage of as they have the Recite boots for not much more than £10. Many others for a bargain.

UK guys, just a heads up, as we head out of lockdown, be prepared for a massive sale in Debenhams and others who will be closing for good shortly.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, VirginHeels said:

ASOS have a massive sale on right now. Something that some may want to take advantage of as they have the Recite boots for not much more than £10. Many others for a bargain.

UK guys, just a heads up, as we head out of lockdown, be prepared for a massive sale in Debenhams and others who will be closing for good shortly.

Alas, very little in larger sizes.   The Recite boots in black only in UK 8 or 9.

On 3/11/2021 at 2:19 AM, bailey said:

My quest for blue thigh high boots is over....should be arriving soon.

11333872e5b8e8c32c008de5e5d2b9a4.png.cf.png

Oh wow, they’re awesome boots 

On 4/4/2021 at 8:33 AM, spikesmike said:

pebblesf : When you went for your " moderna " shot, were you wearing your high heels ? If so, What was there reaction ?Mike 

I actually did get my second Moderna jab in high heels, but that was kind of accidental. I didn’t expect to get it that day, they just had some extra doses left over when I stuck my head in the pharmacy. But since I don’t have a picture, I suppose it never really happened. 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

New Pleaser boots arrived today. They came all the way from Los Angeles to me because they were sold out on UK sites.

IMG_12042021_164606_(918_x_1632_pixel).jpg

Oh yeah, those hot boots were worth the wait for sure...