Does your Wife/SO...

thatotherguy

Does your Wife/SO know about this site? How?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Does your Wife/SO know about this site? How?

• Yes, she found out on her own
    • Yes, I told her about it
    • No, but i plan on telling her in the near future
    • No, and I do not plan on telling

well even though I voted long ago, did not say much more about this topic, cant even remember what I voted at the time wife is aware and has also joined, even thought she does not say much on here!! maybe sometimes better that way!!:chuckle::w00t2:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now hoping your wife won't read your post... :chuckle:

that wont be a problem, we often bite each other!! she will be 100% with that!!:w00t2: lucky me, and she approves of the heels !!

great lady I have!!

• 11 months later...

Showed her the site last night including the kind words for her from the replies to my introduction. She is quite a shy person and worries about peoples reaction to anything she writes on forums (she often asks my advice before posting entries to her friends on facebook) so it may take a bit of encouragement to get her to get involved on here but I will get her to join up and see if I can get her to give her point of view.I am sure from this you can see she is absolutely fine with me being on this forum, I think the only thing that would bother her is if I didn't tell her and kept it a secret.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I voted - not planning on telling her She rarely gets online at home, and what time she does at work wouldn't be at a forum like this. She no longer wears any kind of heel anymore, so there really wouldn't be any need or interest in discussing heels online.

I showed my wife a couple of high heel websites back in the 90's when I first began to brows the Internet. The first one that I can remember was the old F&S site and then we joined Jenny's high heel chat room on Spinchat, the forerunner to hhplace. She also was surprised there were so many men with a deep interest in woman's shoes and were interested in talking about heels. She doesn't have much interest in computers (more of a magazine, book, catalog, telephone person) besides occasionally browsing some of the better known shopping sites (usually with my help). I will show her postings and comments that I have questions about or which I believe she can contribute to the discussion. Outside of that, she doesn't pay much attention to what goes on here or anywhere on line.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 2 months later...

that wont be a problem, we often bite each other!!

The first and last time I bit my ex-wife was while waking out of a terrible dream! It was in those nether regions between sleep and awake, and I was fighting this terrible person. It was him or me, and he was trying to kill me. He'd wrestled me to the ground, and we were locked in a grapple of immense proportions. Suddenly, his shoulder was right there, and in desparation, I bit down, as hard as I possibly could!

Fortunately, there's something in our brains which (mostly) blocks the thoughts we have in our dreams from actions we take in the real world. My bite on her shoulder woke her up, and hurt, but didn't even break her skin. In my dream, I'd taken out a sizeable chunk of my attacker's shoulder when my ex screamed, waking me from that nightmare.

As for her acceptance of my wearing heels, no way. In fact, it was a key factor in her decision to give me the deep six. I don't know if it was simply too much baggage in her past, too much ultra-religious right-wing indoctrination, or what. Interestingly, I'm both religious and more right than left. What gives? (shrugs) I thought we were at least in the same booklet of music, if not the same sheet, when I asked her to marry me. I guess not.

Since the divorce, I've dated three other gals. About the time I get comfortable telling them about the fact that what they seem to like about me most (kind, caring, understanding, totally able to converse with them for hours, etc.) has an ancilliary side, that I enjoy wearing heels, they have invariably dropped significant pre-emptive hints that I'd better not cross the line by wearing heels.

I'm thinking, "What guy in the world did they know who wears heels?"

My next thought is usually, "probably one of the many guys out there who have not yet found this board."

Spread the word. Let's get these divorce/separation numbers down. Misunderstandings are a bitch!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 1 month later...

My wife is cool with me wearing high heels. I wear them everyday at home. She knows of this site and is OK with me here. She even encourged me to go to the heel meets in Toronto and Chicago. It is great that she knows. This is a great site! Bernheels

My ex- never accepted me wearing high heels. My current female friend accepts, encourages, and has even sold me high heels. I never told my ex- about this site. I told my current friend about this site but I don't think she has ever explored it.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife know about my heeling and she approves of it, she even goes out with me heeling in 3" heels under my jean. We go out and byu together she evn suggests what I should wear. The beauty of it is we wear the same size shoe and she tries it on and tell me if it is comfortale or not.

My wife know about my heeling and she approves of it, she even goes out with me heeling in 3" heels under my jean. We go out and byu together she evn suggests what I should wear. The beauty of it is we wear the same size shoe and she tries it on and tell me if it is comfortale or not.

It sounds like you are a lucky man. Keep it up and have as much fun as you can.

Best regards, Stefan

I go back with Bubba to the old "Feet & Shoes On the 'Web" that we fondly recall as he mentioned "F&S' and Jenny's site- (which offered a chat venue that later turned up at Spinchat (come-to-high-heels)...by the way, it was accorded 'permanent' status as a group and I think it' still there.. ...we used to meet at 7pm-on Saturday evenings Eastern Time (in the US) if anyone might be remotely interested in having a look-in some time ------------------------- my wife Donna is similar to Mrs Bubba- not interested in the internet or what he or I do with our time "in here" if I may infer ...but Donna heard plenty from me about the ladies we fondly recall from those days and when our son moved out of the nest and it was suddenly just she and I she got the message that she needed to make more of an effort to wear high heels both when out together and as often as she could here at home and, as she has seen, I have opportunities now to wear them here at home AND when I go out- both with her or without her ...her attitude has become one of silent acceptance where was once silent hostility; she seems to have come to a point where she almost approves but will never say so (her world in her brain is so reinforced with concerns of "what will others think..." that she struggles with the concept that some people just do not care what her husband chooses to wear) how many of us have "so's" or wives with the same "what others may think" attitudes JSpikeheels/JIM

• 3 weeks later...

my wife Donna is similar to Mrs Bubba- not interested in the internet or what he or I do with our time "in here" if I may infer

[snip]

...her attitude has become one of silent acceptance where was once silent hostility; she seems to have come to a point where she almost approves but will never say so (her world in her brain is so reinforced with concerns of "what will others think..." that she struggles with the concept that some people just do not care what her husband chooses to wear)

how many of us have "so's" or wives with the same "what others may think" attitudes

JSpikeheels/JIM

In my experience, women are more likely to care about the effect of their actions on others than are men. I can't point to hard data like psych experimental results, but I would reasonably expect a random sample of women to check their actions against "what others will think" more often than a random sample of men. You could even take random samples of couples, and I would expect the gender difference would prevail.

My wife does not know about this site, and I am not really planning on telling her. It comes back to my point I made in the Introductions thread. I don't feel confident enough after she has betrayed my trust a little. We are still working on that. I am keen to tell her as we generally have a great relationship.

I told my wife about this site when the whole issue of my heel interest came to a boil a couple of years ago, but she wasn't interested in participating or even visiting. I found the whole blow-up a bit odd, since for a number of years I'd bought or suggested heels for her. And that I'd bought and worn around the house, in front of her and with her approval, some nice stiletto pumps. But when she happened upon another pair it somehow became a big issue. I encouraged her to visit the site and take in all the great information and advice as we worked thru what had suddenly become a "problem" but she wasn't interested. I still haven't figured out what changed to cause it to go from fun or interesting to being a problem. Go figure.

"It's just a flesh wound"

bluesman,

It was a similar situation with me. My ex- initially didn't mind me wearing cowboy boots with 3" heels, or men's boots with Cuban heels. Then all of a sudden, she didn't want me wring any kind of high heeled footwear at all which eventually led to our split. To this day I don't know if it was a case of her just humoring me. We have not really discussed it since.

• 6 months later...

Heels are a new thing for me; I've looked for decades but wearing heels is something that has only come about in the last week, after I discovered I'd like to try to wear sexy heels to experience what a lady "gets". At some point I'd like to bring my Mrs into it. She already knows and accepts & participates my other passion, wearing ladies watches. Its a bonus that I can do both of them together.

I have been wearing heels around the house since the early 90's. When my wife and I got married I told her straight out about the heels. At first it was a bit of a shocker, but she got into it after a while. I made sure not to push her into acceptance too soon. She eventually started encouraging me to wear the heels for her. She commented how long they made my legs look, and we had honest conversations about the high heels and our relationship. The steriotype would suggest that men in heels are all gay. This is most defnitely not the case for me. It is more about the desire to wear nice shoes, and how they make you feel on a non sexual level. I think the heels have shown a different side of me that would never have been noticed if I had to sneak around to wear my heels. :smile:

I worked up the courage to tell her this morning, that I'd like it if both of us were wearing heels in bed. Immediately she was very excited about me being open about it, but when it came to me putting on the shoes, it was all negative from there on out. "I like my man" she said, and that it was something that didn't interest her at all. My passion for wearing ladies watches is ok, wearing sexy heels is no good. :smile:

That's a real shame, but congratulations on plucking up the courage to tell her. She might come round, especially as she doesn't seem to think that wearing ladies' watches is a big deal. Perhaps the next step (sorry) is to wear a watch on your ankle...

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

My situation is, perhaps, a bit different than a lot of you because my GF knows about my parttime job DJing at a bar for Drag Queen Bingo night. At first she thought I must "mental" for wanting to punish myself by standing in heels all night, but over time it became so common place about the only time she mentions me wearing heels is when we're shopping and she might say "those are some sexy shoes, you should wear them next week" or something to that effect.

My situation is, perhaps, a bit different than a lot of you because my GF knows about my parttime job DJing at a bar for Drag Queen Bingo night. At first she thought I must "mental" for wanting to punish myself by standing in heels all night, but over time it became so common place about the only time she mentions me wearing heels is when we're shopping and she might say "those are some sexy shoes, you should wear them next week" or something to that effect.

That is awesome!

My answer:

No, and I do not plan on telling

My wife knows about my intereset in high heeled shoes.

But it is not her business. She ends at 3", where I begin, wearing high heeled shoes. And she is used to me and my high heeled shoes, I am not only wearing at home.

She knows, that I am active within the internet, between different subjects, like Heels, Guns, Politics, and so on. So there is no need, to direct her to this site.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR SHORT HEELS!

Mine moved in recently and started using this computer. She knew that I wore heels and goofed around with them, but she actually started reading the site here and didnt realize that there were so many men whom have such an interest. She liked some of the avatars and pictures posted and Ive been at a threshold of ' less to spend for myself ' as of recent. THANKS HHPLACE!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

That's a real shame, but congratulations on plucking up the courage to tell her. She might come round, especially as she doesn't seem to think that wearing ladies' watches is a big deal. Perhaps the next step (sorry) is to wear a watch on your ankle...

I don't think she will come around, though what she thinks now that I've told her my interest, and she knows that she has several pairs in the closet that I have access to. I bought a pair that I like and will eventually get another; not hard for her to figure out either.

I thought about the ankle-shoe thing a long time ago. I've seen it in person, and its nice (particularly with great shoes):

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5109/5620537654_b18b96c831.jpg