Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Here are some pics emailed to me by a friend....

Didn't get any info on who this is or where.

Derek J, from Shears, Tears, & Beauty - it's a tee vee show where a bunch of hair stylists compete for fame and money and stuff.

Here's his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/derekjonline

Lists at 5'3", but I have a hard time believing he's actually an inch over 4'11"

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Mr. X - the outfit goes great with the shoes. My only concern is that the jacket sleeves are too long. Maybe the jacket is too big, but we can't see the entire jacket to tell. It should be easy to have a tailor shorten the sleeves a couple inches. Regards, GWL

Mr. X - the outfit goes great with the shoes. My only concern is that the jacket sleeves are too long. Maybe the jacket is too big, but we can't see the entire jacket to tell. It should be easy to have a tailor shorten the sleeves a couple inches.

Regards,

GWL

Actually the jacket is just something I pulled out of my mom's closet on the spur of the moment. It isn't mine. I may have to get one similar now though. It really finished of the rest of the outfit which is all mine. Your right about the sleeves though. They may be a tad long.

Some styles I'm experimenting with

Pretty darn good, my friend, especially the first two pics. Very stylish! LOVE the shoes! Bravo to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I really like all three outfits very much. They are quite diverse and look quite natural. My only suggestion is to invest in a cheap tripod, but if you are investing in a wardrobe, then one thing at a time, right?

Style is built from the ground up!

Pretty darn good, my friend, especially the first two pics. Very stylish! LOVE the shoes! Bravo to you, my friend!

Thanks - they're the Hilt or whatever Payless' last black patent pump was.

I really like all three outfits very much. They are quite diverse and look quite natural. My only suggestion is to invest in a cheap tripod, but if you are investing in a wardrobe, then one thing at a time, right?

lol, I already have a tripod but it's kinda short. I need something that's already pretty high to stand it on. This is probably my best angle in this house (still doing post-Katrina repairs) other than a random shot in my kitchen, and who does that? Thanks for the favorable words about the naturalness of the shoes.

Funny story, to break in a friend to the idea of me wearing heels (there's interest beyond friendship, but she lives several states over), I actually used cropped versions of that first outfit, along with another - to show that regular male attire can be paired with heels if executed properly. She agreed :)

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

• 1 month later...

As I mentioned in the "Who has bought some new shoes" thread, I have some new flat over knee boots and I just quickly tried them on with some skinny jeans, and a brown sweater from Old Navy, and a scarf I have. I really like the look, but would still love all you opinions!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me209.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned in the "Who has bought some new shoes" thread, I have some new Grey ankle boots with an almond toe, tapered black heel, and an outside silver zipper ($35). Also when I got them, I picked up a purple (oh so soft) sweater from mens wear ($12) , and a pair of dark blue boot cut jeans from women's wear ($18 ) $65 for a head to toe outfit (excluding unmentionables) seems awesome to me. Especially considdering most of us have paid way more than that for one pair of shoe/boots lol. There's 2 pics below, one has a peacoat I got from Bluenotes last year which I think rounds out a well put together new outfit for the fall season. Deffinately then next thing I wear out to dinner with my amazing gf when she comes into town for the upcomming Thanksgiving (Canadian) weekend.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me215.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me214.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Back again with some new boots. Might be sad to some, but they don't really have heels. I was out visiting my gf over the Halloween weekend and did some shopping I really shouldn't have.

First off I ordered a pair of boots from aldo (cause they didn't have them in stock) and they are mens. *GASP* Now they don't reeeeeaaly look like women's, but they're kinda out there as far as mens boots go. This is where I'd discribe them, but I'd just show you a pic anyway, here they are on the site.

http://www.aldoshoes.com/ca-eng/men/boots/dress/76326998-delanoy/2

and then in an outfit I thre together, shirt and skinny jeans from Bluenotes

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me216.jpg

then going down the mall we went into Sirens where I got another pair of boots. Knee black flat boots with a buckle at the top and across the foot. I LOVE them paired with a Jacket I later got at Le Chateau and again the skinnies. 2 Poses for your veiwing pleasure.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me217.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me218.jpg

Then at wal-mart I got...... and I know ALOT of you are gonna hate me for this...... I picked up a pair of What I've come to call "NUGGS" Or Knock off uggs if you will. I'm sorry, the style has grown on me, they're comfy and warm, and they go great with my Black Suede jacket and (again) skinnies..... seen here!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me219.jpg

So fast forward a week to this evening. I went up to the mall to get a vest, I bought a while ago, altered, and to see the girls at my fave shoe store, Spring, and show them my Aldo boots (Spring is owned by the same company that owns aldo, just aldo is priceier). They LOVED them, they also lover the outfit I was wearing, the one with the pleather jacket and knee boots. And while I was up there I past by Suzy Sher, and they had a table out front with these awesome looking riding boots for $45 (cdn). Of course I had to try them on, in which I found they had a zipper going up the back. The bonus was not only did they fit my calves, but they fir OVER my jeans, tight, but they did up and they get easier each time I try. I'm wearing them now just to try and get the material to stretch a bit. They had them in black, but I opted for the other color, exhibit F!

No outfit put together for them yet.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Boots19.jpg

If you got down this far I hope you enjoyed the read and pics. I won't apologize for the length cause if you didn't want to read it all, you wouldn't have, HAHA! As always comments and opinions are appreciated, Happy (low) heeling!

Nice purchases and outfits you got there NFG ! I like your post's last phrase "Happy (low) heeling" It is true there are some very nice low heels boots out there. For $45, it was a very good deal. And they will be safer to walk in the snow too (BTW, I hate winter...)

Newfieguyinflats:-) Your rather long post can give some much needed boost to some men who can't any longer wear heels for one reason or another. But they can still enjoy being a low heeler, and a stylish one. What does yor GF think of your new purchases? Does she know that you wear heels also? Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks Guys! And Yes Dawn, she loves my taste in fashion, and helps refine it incase my mind starts to wander lol. Her opinion in my fashion is the only one I truely value, I like hearing others input, but I take it at face value. I like checking with her cause the last thing I want is for my outfits to embarrass her. But luckily I haven't crossed that line. It's a far one, but not one I plan on going near. She knew about my heels before we actually hooked up, so there's never any doubt that that's she's "just tolerating it" On this note I'd like to throw it out to all the guys. BE YOURSELF!!!!! When meeting women, men, whoever, whenever. If the topic comes up, don't back down. I know there's good reasons for hiding it from family. I tried to do it around my parents once and it was disasterous. But for making friends or future partners, just rock it! It'll be better in the long run.

I like the tan knee high boots Newfieguyinheels. They look like classic riding boots, a style which I love. I know that this site specifically deals with heels but I've come to regard it as more of a freestylers site who, for the sake of fashion, wear a more feminine style, heels being a major part of the look. I also appreciate seeing the members experiment with styles that do not necessarily include heels. Flat boots over skiiny jeans/leggings/pants, whether otk or kh are another great style, as well as combining them with skirts of course. It's great that you have an accepting gf. I am interested in knowing what it's like heeling in Newfoundland? I'll assume that you live in/around St. Johns. I'm curious since I work around Ft. Mac where, as you know, has a major community of workers from NF. The guys that I work with and others who I meet from 'the rock' seem to be quite conservative, VERY macho/old school.

My wife and I went out to supper and shopping tonight. I was wearing a purple dress shirt, long mens jeans and a new pair of Nine West 3" chunky healed knee boots that i found on Ebay. As my jeans were long enough to cover all of the heel, probably no one even noticed. I am still trying to expand my comfort zone, so these seem to be a good way to go.

post-552-133522896115_thumb.jpg

My wife and I went out to supper and shopping tonight. I was wearing a purple dress shirt, long mens jeans and a new pair of Nine West 3" chunky healed knee boots that i found on Ebay. As my jeans were long enough to cover all of the heel, probably no one even noticed. I am still trying to expand my comfort zone, so these seem to be a good way to go.

I have a pair on knee highs almost just like that from tommy hill that a previous gf bought me for 80.00. I have worn them everywhere without a single reaction. Good choice.:chuckle:

real men wear heels

I was out tonight near Hartford, CT and I guess that you would call my outfit freestyle for lack of a better term. I was wearing Nine West "Iced Out" black shiny leather (really a wet look) rounded toe 4" TRIANGULAR heel boots, "Fire" black jeans, black patent belt, black patent bag (not in the pic), a red turtleneck and silver necklace.

post-9697-133522896133_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522896144_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522896156_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522896168_thumb.jpg

post-9697-133522896179_thumb.jpg

It's all about the heel!

I was out tonight near Hartford, CT and I guess that you would call my outfit freestyle for lack of a better term. I was wearing Nine West "Iced Out" black shiny leather (really a wet look) rounded toe 4" TRIANGULAR heel boots, "Fire" black jeans, black patent belt, black patent bag (not in the pic), a red turtleneck and silver necklace.

Bravo, Bootking! Bravo! Those boots look absolutely sensational! And the heels on those boots were certainly bold, just like your outfit! Another award winning effort, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Awesome boots Bootking! Instead of the red turtleneck, I'd go with a darker color instead. It will also hide the belly better. If you don't tuck your shirt in it would help as well. Add to that look a leather jacket (a 'croco' design would be deadly) and you're gold my friend!

BK - Love the outfit! The boots over jeans and the belt look great but the first thing my eye went to was the necklace. It was the contrast of silver on red that did it and the necklace would have been even more striking over black (but the red helps the rest of the look more than black would have). Adding black leather jacket or a blazer would have been excellent.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

And the heels on those boots were certainly bold, just like your outfit!

Jeff, why go bland when bold is good!! The heel is very unusual as this is my first triangular heel. Most are stiletto and some are blade, some are block!

Nice look, I like your jewellery, boots and belt [they go well together]. You might consider wearing a waistcoat to cover your belly - unfortunately it shows.

Elegant, yes, a shaper or vest would work well.

Awesome boots Bootking!

Instead of the red turtleneck, I'd go with a darker color instead. It will also hide the belly better. If you don't tuck your shirt in it would help as well.

Add to that look a leather jacket (a 'croco' design would be deadly) and you're gold my friend!

Max, I could have gone either way with the color, a dark blue or a charcoal grey. But I've been wearing red this weekend as a side to Daniel's thread. A jacket, yes that would have worked nicely. As it was raining last night, one of my black patent jackets would have worked well, especially with the boots and bag but it was up in storage.

... the first thing my eye went to was the necklace. It was the contrast of silver on red that did it and the necklace would have been even more striking over black (but the red helps the rest of the look more than black would have). Adding black leather jacket or a blazer would have been excellent.

Thighbootguy, it was the silver contrast that finished the look. A jacket or blazer; yup that would have been the cat's meow!!

Thank you all for your nice comments!

It's all about the heel!