Share your best Freestyle Fashion pictures here.

kneehighs

Eureka! I've been scouring the thrift stores looking for a front slit denim skirt, and last night I came upon one that (1) looks brand new, (2) Fits (size12) (3)is not too short and (4) Slit does not go too high! This one is a Levis brand, 41 inches long. I am having to think through a few things however and advice from here is always welcome. First, No belt loops. Ladies may laugh, but without a belt I feel it just looks goofy on me, The one shown fits nicely - but getting to sit correctly and consistently on my hips (as you can see in the red shirt pics) is a challenge. The belt is not tight - but tightening another notch raises it a bit higher on the hips. Second, No pockets. OK I like the clean back and sides, and wearing this on the way to work today w/red shirt was not a problem 'cuz it's cold and I have pockets in my leather jacket. The slit will make this skirt very comfy cool in the summer here in ATL, but I'll need some kind of "Man purse" alternative. Third, Tights? Leggings?, Tight capris? Unlike my other skirts, I have to cover "up there" - my thighs and upwards. Today, I was in calf boots, and wore footless tights I purchased for the cold earlier this year. This morning it was cold and a good breeze was gusting, as I went to the convenience store for coffee while filling up, it was a bit chilly up there. I probably should have been wearing my thermals! FYI, No unusual comments this morning, just looks. We will see how is goes at lunch, looking forward "trying out" the front slit while sitting, relaxing and reading at Borders.

post-994-13352290523_thumb.jpg

post-994-133522905235_thumb.jpg

Eureka! I've been scouring the thrift stores looking for a front slit denim skirt, and last night I came upon one...

A nice find indeed :blinkbigeyes:.

I like the look of a long denim skirt very much.

I am also looking for a long denim skirt but they are nowhere to be found !

(Curious to see what it is like to wear a long denim skirth with HH boots...)

I agree with you about the fact it got no belt loops

Our male male waist is straight, so a belt is required for sure.

About the missing pocket: What about a "unisex" shoulder strap / hand bag ?

I got mine from Bentley and it is clearly labeled as "unisex".

It is black leather and it look very nice...

I had some time, so I played with some of the suggestions that many of you offered on my limited dress esnambles. Again, these outifts are more experimental than anything and with the weather being the way it has been in my part of the world (snow, snow, and more snow with a lot of cold thrown in) my heeling outfits have been pretty traditional. It was fun taking some time to play...

... and a pearl necklace that fits, not drapes, around your neckline...

...Replace the boots on 5/5 with the pumps on 4/5 and IMHO, you'd have a good outfit. Just not a fan of the heel shape on the boots in 5/5...

Image 16 is a redo of those images...black velvet jacket, black sheer nylons and Nine West "Thyme" pumps...

Images 18 and 19 include different sets of faux pearl necklaceses...

Pictures 7 & 8 for me. They work really well, would prefer a shoeboot...

Image 19 is a shoe boot (Bass "Alanis" leather/suede bootie) with natural nylons...

HF: My vote's for pic #6! Very sharp! Very stylish! Bravo! I think you can make that dress work with a pair of boots and a long coat for a truly dressy look!

Image 17 is a long wool coat with an Ann Klein black wide belt and Nine West "Blondie" boots...

...Did you consider trying the scarf as a belt or sash?...

I used a scarf as a belt in Image 18. The purple scarf to accent my purple Nine West "Nucio" pumps.

You have lovely legs (as the image #6 shows) so why not show them off a little more. Have you thought of going bare legged more often (esp. since you have peep-toes and matching your toenails to something else, eg adding a red jacket, red handbag etc?

Image 20 is bare legged with black Nine West "Tomcat" sandals/slides. I recently got a pedicure so my toes are gold once again (just had dark green removed). I used added a couple pieces of gold jewelry to for accent.

Personally, I'd add to the tunic-dress a bit since it's long. I'd go for a different scarf which would be more classic and long, beige-light gray. A thin leather black belt with a silver buckle would also be a consideration as well as a piece of jewellery such as a bracelet or a thin-long necklace that would add some color like amber for instance.

Image 20 I have a black lace scarf draped over my shoulders (I wanted to wear it as a belt, but couldn't get the look I wanted) and brought out a thin gold necklace. Images 17 and 19 feature belts with silver buckles, though they are wide.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. Either way, I am open to thoughts, ideas, etc. These combination are a bit over the top, so they likely will never see the light of day, but you never know...

post-5655-133522905622_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522905625_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522905629_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522905632_thumb.jpg

post-5655-133522905636_thumb.jpg

Style is built from the ground up!

Happyfeat:-) The first 3 pics were outstanding, especially pic #1 and I think that you should put some mileage on them in public heeling. Those outfits accent your figure to the best it can. Everything is in harmony with all other pieces in all 3 outfits. The other 2 outfits didn't do anything for me and didn't turn me on in any way. Just my opinion. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

It looks like the first one (#16) is quite popular. Not surprising since it was based on kneehigh's suggestion. I have had a lot of fun playing with this outfit and agree with DawnHH, I should take it out for a public spin as soon as it warms up a bit! I like that look a lot. It goes with my basic style and it is simple. Less is more in this case.

IHappy Feet, I also like Pic#1. Pic #2 is also good. I think that the dress with the off-black hose and pumps sets a great tone for you. I do not care for the nude color hose. I most always wear black, but do wear coffee color hose when wearing brown or kaki color outfits. Keep up the experimentation. I enjoy reading your posts and viewing your pictures very much!

All your pictures look 100 times better than many I've seen here over the years, but I think, as highly stylish as they are, from the neck down, your a woman... A flat chested one, but non-the-less, neck down, its a woman. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, or that there is anything bad with your outfits at all, quite the opposte in fact, there really nice, but I'd rather see my wife wearing them than my mate, in that kind of way, if thats makes sense...

Just an opinion...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I had some time, so I played with some of the suggestions that many of you offered on my limited dress esnambles. Again, these outifts are more experimental than anything and with the weather being the way it has been in my part of the world (snow, snow, and more snow with a lot of cold thrown in) my heeling outfits have been pretty traditional. It was fun taking some time to play...

Image 16 is a redo of those images...black velvet jacket, black sheer nylons and Nine West "Thyme" pumps...

Images 18 and 19 include different sets of faux pearl necklaceses...

Image 19 is a shoe boot (Bass "Alanis" leather/suede bootie) with natural nylons...

Image 17 is a long wool coat with an Ann Klein black wide belt and Nine West "Blondie" boots...

I used a scarf as a belt in Image 18. The purple scarf to accent my purple Nine West "Nucio" pumps.

Image 20 is bare legged with black Nine West "Tomcat" sandals/slides. I recently got a pedicure so my toes are gold once again (just had dark green removed). I used added a couple pieces of gold jewelry to for accent.

Image 20 I have a black lace scarf draped over my shoulders (I wanted to wear it as a belt, but couldn't get the look I wanted) and brought out a thin gold necklace. Images 17 and 19 feature belts with silver buckles, though they are wide.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. Either way, I am open to thoughts, ideas, etc. These combination are a bit over the top, so they likely will never see the light of day, but you never know...

:wave:I don't see why you should hide those away. They all look good to me. The first would be my choice for favourite, if only for the shoes.

I am not into dressing, but good luck to you who are. Go by your own ideas, It's enough.

Muddypaws:blinkbigeyes:

Well, I love pic #1 too, HF, but pic #2 is awesome too! Big time bravo on your ever evolving fashion sense! Outstanding!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

All your pictures look 100 times better than many I've seen here over the years, but I think, as highly stylish as they are, from the neck down, your a woman... A flat chested one, but non-the-less, neck down, its a woman. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, or that there is anything bad with your outfits at all, quite the opposte in fact, there really nice, but I'd rather see my wife wearing them than my mate, in that kind of way, if thats makes sense...

Just an opinion...

Thanks for the complement on the pictures. I think I know what you are saying: maybe I did it a little too well. Cropping at the shoulders does not give the full effect, my (well-trimmed) facial hair and masculine face would destroy any doubt in regards to my gender. Though the flat chest does reduce the female illusion, I do thank you for not mentioning that I also look about six months pregnant...:blinkbigeyes:

Actually, some of the looks (3 and 5) for example were done with being over the top in mind, and I would only go like that in public in a very special situation. I find it quite fun to experiment with outfits. I may do one of the first two looks, however. Sometimes I can be a bit impulsive in choosing outfits and let my desire to go as I please get the best of me.

I have no desire to go all out in my dressing. Part of what is fun for me is blending the masculine with the feminine and for those who notice, let them draw their own conclusions. Sometimes I simple think I like being outrageous on occasion, simply because I can.

I truly appreciate your input...gives me some things to think about...which is what its all about anyway!

Well, I love pic #1 too, HF, but pic #2 is awesome too! Big time bravo on your ever evolving fashion sense! Outstanding!

Well Jeff, you should like look #2, since it was you who inspired it. Glad I put it together to your satisfaction because in a way it is a JeffB tribute piece...

Well Jeff, you should like look #2, since it was you who inspired it. Glad I put it together to your satisfaction because in a way it is a JeffB tribute piece...

Awww! You're too kind! I'm certainly glad to have inspired you in such a marvelous manner. The combination of the dress, belt, coat and boots was incredibly dynamic, and you put it together to perfection. Something like that you could wear anywhere and turn lots of heads. Once again, bravo to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 1 month later...

How to be "High Fashion" for Spring/Summer 2010

Ok guys, since I always preach that others should study what to wear before they go out and wear something, I thought I'd bring my latest findings straight to you. There are so many guys in here who go out shopping for shoes and spend an extraordinary part of their shopping lives looking for shoes, why not spend some of that time (and money) looking for something you feel comfortable in, but look great and current in as well?

So, first things first, the title of the post refers to Spring/Summer 2010. That phrase "Spring/Summer 2010" is how the professional fashion world calendar documents itself. Before that you have Fall/Winter 2009. Then Spring/Summer 2009 etc. Maybe a trivial point for some of you, but for beginners, it clarifies where we are headed with this post.

Now more importantly, designers unveil their looks about 6 months in advance. So the Spring/Summer 2010 shows were held in September/October of 2009. The Fall/Winter 2009 shows were held in Feb. of 2009. The shows coming up next September for example will be officially referred to as the Spring/Summer 2011 shows.

It's interesting to watch the shows carefully, because once you are in touch with what the High Fashion World is doing on the runway, especially those designers that are privileged enough to show in Paris, you will be able to predict what colors, textures, shapes, and trends you will find for sale in the High Street Stores in just a few months. With equal accuracy you will be able to predict which trends will find themselves in the editorials of the world's Vogues.

For example, style.com's Clean Energy trend pictorially referred to many plain colors. White's and Khaki's dominated at the Spring/Summer 2010 shows and now they dominate the racks at Zara. With regards to editorial, style.com's Marching Orders trend was all over the pages of the editorials of the March issue of Paris Vogue. Just pick up an issue of Paris Vogue and you will see for yourself.

So getting to some more practical advice, I thought I'd pick out my favorite looks that could be copied by a guy and reference them from within the style.com review of the runway trends:

Clean Energy--literally referring to a "clean slate" with minimal color

Clean Energy -- slide 11 -- from Jil Sander

Clean Energy -- slide 22 -- from Wayne

Game Theory--refers to the Sports influence behind the clothes. Alexander Wang for instance had American Football, Pucci had scuba diving influences, Proenza Schouler referenced skateboarding and surfing.

Game Theory -- slide 29 -- from Elie Tahari, rolled up sweat pants with a t-shirt and the OMNIPRESENT easy way to dress every outfit up, a blazer

Game Theory -- slide 42 -- from Proenza Schouler.
slouchy t-shirt with drawstring pants.

Marching Orders--military influenced designs. Camouflage colors, epaulettes, military stripes

Marching Orders -- slide 49 -- from Balmain.

Marching Orders -- slide 52 -- from Charlotte Ronson.

Marching Orders -- slide 65 -- from Rag and Bone. This is my favorite inspiration!

Ultimately, this isn't intended to be gospel, it's just a starting point. It's probably the first time most people here have been taken on an organized tour of the runways and how the looks from the runways can be applied to their own life. The point is:
1. find a look you like
2. find clothes already within your wardrobe that matches that look as much as possible.
3. if you don't have it, go out and buy it. You can find replicas of all these designer pieces at Zara, H&M, Forever 21 and various other retailers.

And most importantly, enjoy and have fun!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...
Great choices of colour co-ordination mate :smile:

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!