The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

I do not have the education to follow all of the previous discussion about MBTIs (not even real sure what that is). But the discussion did generate a few thoughts I’d like to share.

Happyfeat's comment, "I think there is a correlation between educated people and tolerance in general. Though I have come to discover that people's education level does not directly correlate to the amount of schooling they have." got me thinking.

Education and schooling, as has been mentioned, are not the same things.

I think there is a correlation between tolerance and world experience. If the only thing you experience is a small closed society which has a narrow view of what is correct, it is not likely you will want to tolerate anything that differs from that narrow view because you are not comfortable with it. On the other hand, if you experience a variety of social ideas, you will be more comfortable with the concept of variety if not the ideas themselves. You will tolerate things with which you are comfortable.

After writing that last paragraph, it occurs to me that what you experience is driven by your capacity for curiosity. If you have the capacity to wonder about things and you have a measure of self confidence, you will be driven to experience more things.

Schooling finally comes into play when it prepares the mind to be able to grasp what curiosity feeds it. One of the major things schooling can give someone is confidence.

The result of joining curiosity, tolerance, and experience is education.

Sorry for going off the deep end... and now back to The Adventures of Kneehighs

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on Sunday night's event, which started out at The Mercer Kitchen on the corner of Prince and Mercer. I sit waiting for my company to arrive. Outfit for the evening is socially versatile, meaning that I can fit in at a High End boutique style lounge or fit it at some younger and hip Lower East Side bar: Calvin Klein blazer, grey mini dress with built in scarf, UO jeans, and 4.5" Nine West cone heels. In came my company, teetering in peep toe Manolo's and a gorgeous dress. Wow. We chatted over champagne and got to know each other a bit. "So if I was to ask you to think of a really positive memory right now, and look at that image in your minds eye--you don't have to tell me what the image is--as you see that image, I'll bet I can tell you how you are thinking about it." Her blue eyes start to get a bit hazy. "Now, is the image bright or dim?" "Is it small, or is it lifesize and large?" "Is is close to you (I take my finger and flirt by putting it really close to her body, just the act of putting my finger close to her was enough to stimulate the chemistry) or far away from you (I hold my hand way back away from her this time)" "Color or black and white?" "Now I bet I can tell you exactly how you answered every one of those questions..." So I told her and hit the nail on the head each and every time. If anyone else is reading this and actively thinking about a positive memory, you probably answered that the image is lifesize more than small, in color as opposed to black and white, and brighter than it is dim. Needless to say, this girl who has been on a major national tv show and is a publicly recognized figure was loving it. We bounced to a Lower East Side party. Few people were there. Some friend of mine who is styling an Absooooolute Vohdka campaign with Kate Bhekinzale was there. I introduced her to him. We chatted till the place closed down and the only people left were me, her, and the bartender. On the walk back home, we discussed the difference between how a man experiences a walk in heels versus how a woman experiences it. She likes the natural hip movement, I don't emphasize that in my walk. But I did give her my best runway walk for her entertainment. She was cool with heels, claiming to it's "rock star" references. Good times overall. Will I ever see the girl again? Possibly. Will the heels come in the way? To tell you the truth, it doesn't matter to me if they do. She may be beautiful and a 9, but I'd rather be true to myself and wear my heels. There are other fish in the sea for me and she knows that.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two dates scheduled tonight so sadly I'll have to cancel one of them. But one thing I've been imagining lately is a conversation with a girl that goes something like this, presuming we have deep rapport and good relaxed conversation. "So think of the most amazing feeling you've ever had in your body. You don't have to tell me what it is, just experience it for a moment and take notice of it's movement or lack thereof...notice where that amazing feeling is located...and how bright or dim the feeling is....and if you were to experience this feeling as a symbol or color what would it be?....if you were to begin to experience this sensation as a symbol or color what would it be...again you don't have to tell me what it is....just notice it's brightness, it's movement, it's color.... And now as you notice the shoes on my feet (makes sure she sees my pumps/stilettos/heels and again, good rapport would be key)....you can begin to send all of this intense energy into my shoes...and my shoes begin to glow brightly with this energy...and as you focus your attention on my shoes but pay attention to my voice..you will notice that everywhere I trace your skin with my shoe, it will leave a trail of that great amazing energy along your body (flirt with my shoes along her legs, even place her hand on them)...you can feel it tingle (as I rub my shoe along her calf)... And I invite you to notice what it's like as my shoes stop touching you. Now notice as when they touch you again, you can reexperience all that great color and energy again, only this time it's even more intense...and as I pull me shoes away from you, the color and energy fades...." I'm wondering if something like this would work to get a girl to really associate some really positive emotions with you wearing heels? This would all have to be done in a deeply relaxed conversation, no alcohol. Presuming that she's open minded...and my state of mind is playful and relaxed, I think I could pull it off...

I remember as a kid sending of 50¢ for the book How to Hypnotize. I don’t remember the techniques being particularly effective, but then it would have been easier to hypnotize a brick than dolts I grew up with. I by no means under estimate Kneehighs considerable charm with the ladies but I think, “Look deeply into my… shoes” is a bit too much.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I remember as a kid sending of 50¢ for the book How to Hypnotize. I don’t remember the techniques being particularly effective, but then it would have been easier to hypnotize a brick than dolts I grew up with. I by no means under estimate Kneehighs considerable charm with the ladies but I think, “Look deeply into my… shoes” is a bit too much.

ROFLMAO!!!

You are probably right.

The idea is to get the "best body sensation ever (we all know what that is)" transformed into a "symbol" and then link that symbolic energy to seeing me in heels. In a utopian world, the result would be for her to lust for me in heels the same way we as men lust for women in heels. The symbol could be a rose, a diamond, a pearl. I'll have to test it out on a few girls, assuming the right environmental factors are in play.

haha, it's fun learning though...

I think there is a correlation between tolerance and world experience.

Having travelled the world, I would agree. I'd also agree there's little relation between one's education and one's capacity for intelligence. I'm dating a woman with an AA degree, yet she's remarkably better off upstairs than most women I've met with PhDs.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Kneehighs has quite a reputation with the ladies, but the last couple of stories has me wondering.

Unfortunately, it appears to be what happens when guys like him make too much of a fuss over the fact that they're wearing heels in public.

I love wearing my stiletto ankle boots, but I don't make a point of trying to get others to notice them, even through the use of mind games or "modelng" exercises. I think my heels look and feel fantastic, but I treat them just like another pair of shoes I chose to wear instead of my regular shoes. If I get feedback on them, fine. If not, who cares?

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Unfortunately, it appears to be what happens when guys like him make too much of a fuss over the fact that they're wearing heels in public.

I love wearing my stiletto ankle boots, but I don't make a point of trying to get others to notice them, even through the use of mind games or "modelng" exercises. I think my heels look and feel fantastic, but I treat them just like another pair of shoes I chose to wear instead of my regular shoes. If I get feedback on them, fine. If not, who cares?

SF, I think your somewhat incorrect here because although KH does like his heels to be "noticed" shall we say, thats not his "sole" intention...

He doesnt go out in the world screaming for attention to his shoes, he does it the other way round, he goes out with "himself" as the picture and the shoes are just the frame around the picture, its about persona, confidence and attitude... Just as you do..

So guys like attention no matter what they wear (kneehighs??) and some guys just like to enjoy being who they want to be without a fuss (Sandalfan??)

Its when guys try to go out without any of those 3 key ingredients that problems occur as they then come across as nervous, out of place, up-to-no-good or even a bit suspicious looking, thats when the "Guy in heels looks like a weirdo" thing kicks in, in other peoples minds...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Tech wrote: "He doesnt go out in the world screaming for attention to his shoes, he does it the other way round, he goes out with "himself" as the picture and the shoes are just the frame around the picture, its about persona, confidence and attitude... " One of my best friends send me the following, yesterday: "To me - the "nakedness" to which Elderedge refers is not just about coming alive in the sense of self-confidence - it's about tearing down all walls - being vulnerable and fragile and not allowing the pain that comes to deter us in our quest for "REAL."" We all cover up our naked selves to one extent or another. Those who're generally more adjusted than others have less difficulty simply being themselves, without fear, in our world. Kneehighs is one of those people.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Its when guys try to go out without any of those 3 key ingredients that problems occur...

Good point. Thanks for clarifying.

kneehighs, my apologies.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

• 2 weeks later...

Went out twice with the girl from Ams Nxxt Tahp Modehl.

Lame. Sure I was in heels both times, 4.5" Nine West cone heels, which is no longer even worth mentioning to be honest as it's a non-issue both among my dates and friends.

BUT what is an issue is how she wants something for nothing--a common character flaw which could be prominent among ANTM reality tv contestants. That's the problem with reality TV. They get famous for being KNOWN, as opposed to getting famous as a by product of their accomplishments. Just walking down the street with this girl was a spectacle of sorts as all sorts of strangers called out her name, people at dinner stared at her (and girls were checking me out, which was hilarious because when I returned eye contact, I suspect they felt really good about themselves as they could steal my attention away from the reality tv celeb).

What's even funnier is that later on in the night we went to a Hotel Bar in Tribeca, very well known for it's Fashion and Art scene. When at the bar chatting with her, The Real America's Neeext Tahp Modddel came up to me and gave me a big hug. Yes, The Real One (whose great grandpa is a world famous author and whose mother is a famous actress). Later on in the night the fake America's model and I got to talking about the Real One. I told her the Real One has gone from nowhere in 9 months to the cover of Russian Vogueeee, ID, solo pages in Tn Vooooogue, pages in VOOOOGUEEEE, and a scheduled editorial in LOVEEEE. The fake replied, "well I hope it's not just because of her name"

????

Are you fing kidding me? You go on reality tv to try and shortcut your way to fame and then criticize someone else who has an equally powerful shortcut, but is ACTUALLY a good model?

Done. D-O-N-E.

NEXT!

You do hang around with some really "interesting" people, KH. Notoriety has a way of quickly going to one's head. As we say in the south, "Well, just smell her." Which is a contemptuous way of saying "just who does she think she/he is, anyway?" Problem with these clueless superficial types is that they quickly climb up the ladder only to lose their footing and slip back to earth just as fast where they join all of the other "used to "be's" and are soon forgotten.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I love the situations you find yourself in. Its not often that you can meet fascinating people, especially third generation fascinating people, but also come away with some interesting sociological observations. I have actually heard some discussion about the modern concept of "celebrity" and you are right on the mark. It seems that people want to be famous without ever accomplishing anything, and reality television really plays to that. Unfortunatly, a huge part of the popular culture plays to it as well. Heeling in general always seems to turn out to be an exercise in sociological observation to me. As you mentioned, people expect to see you in heels in some circles. Though often times, I wonder if the people who observe me realize they are the ones being observed. Anyway, thanks for yet another thought provoking adventure. Just to keep with the theme, I was once hugged by a woman who claimed to have been on the cover of West Virginia Vooooge, but I don't think it is quite the same thing.

Style is built from the ground up!

LOL... This gave me a good laugh.

You find these types in all circles but I guess in yours they try a little harder :)

Yup. It's like High School popularity games for grown ups, and that's not an exaggeration.

You do hang around with some really "interesting" people, KH. Notoriety has a way of quickly going to one's head. As we say in the south, "Well, just smell her." Which is a contemptuous way of saying "just who does she think she/he is, anyway?" Problem with these clueless superficial types is that they quickly climb up the ladder only to lose their footing and slip back to earth just as fast where they join all of the other "used to "be's" and are soon forgotten.

I hear you. With her it's more about her "something for nothing" work ethic. She had a chance to get with CHEVY (hahaha) models, but didn't work to follow through on it. I accept that this attitude is a part of our culture, but I will not allow anyone with this kind of attitude to get inside my head or heart.

I love the situations you find yourself in. Its not often that you can meet fascinating people, especially third generation fascinating people, but also come away with some interesting sociological observations. I have actually heard some discussion about the modern concept of "celebrity" and you are right on the mark. It seems that people want to be famous without ever accomplishing anything, and reality television really plays to that. Unfortunatly, a huge part of the popular culture plays to it as well.

Heeling in general always seems to turn out to be an exercise in sociological observation to me. As you mentioned, people expect to see you in heels in some circles. Though often times, I wonder if the people who observe me realize they are the ones being observed.

Anyway, thanks for yet another thought provoking adventure. Just to keep with the theme, I was once hugged by a woman who claimed to have been on the cover of West Virginia Vooooge, but I don't think it is quite the same thing.

hahaha, I do that to avoid triggering the private search engines these big magazines and companies use. One day I chatted with one of the daughters from the Rohling Stohns. A few weeks later when I ran into her again, she told me had seen my work because of her parents internet feed. We are NOT nearly as anoymous and secluded a community as some may believe.

You know the internet is full of social psychology games too. Twitter is the best example. If people read your twitter feed and see that other people with high status are addressing you, then your status by association also goes up. It's why so many people of "lower value" follow "higher value" friends, because it gives them a chance to social climb and look cool.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE from New York Fashion Week: men in heels alert! And not just chunky heels either guys! chunky heels: Bryan Boy, check. stilettos: William, check. stilettos: Victor Blanco, check. (stylist from Spain) stilettos: Victor Blanco's friend (Galliano Visual Merchandiser), check stilettos: Random strangers x 3, check

Kneehighs, I'm writing this because you have seen you on german morning TV last week. There was a report about you on RTL on Thursday morning around 06:40 Too bad I only saw the last minute of it, and even worse, they did not replay it later (as they usually do in the morning) You could be seen doing some model photography in the street. Then they had an interview with the same model. She appreciated your style and so on. Congratulations to your current occupation. :) Markus

• 4 weeks later...

^ PB hangs out with super gay subset of the New York fashion community that doesn't care about labels. He varies his dress code too. One day he's a man, the next he's towering in 5" Loubs, but I've never heard anyone label him.

I'm back from fashion month and still catching up on deadlines. Saw and experienced so much, it blew my old concept of reality and the previous adventures posts into oblivion.

Picked up a New Gen London designer off the street. She kept asking me if I was "sure i wasn't gay" because of my pumps. Now when a woman thinks I'm gay because of the heels I LOVE it. "I thought I was gay but you are making me question that. I'd love to see what it feels like to be with a girl" Playfully said.

Partied with some of London's most powerful women in fashion--seriously. I wouldn't have imagined this at the Ritz at 5:45 am in my wildest dreams.

Saw many a straight woman french kiss gay men, over and over again. The first time I saw this I was confused. Now, I understand the post kiss rationale is, "It just doesn't matter if I kiss a <gay> man because nothing will come of it." IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER...

Listening for sexual Freudian slips woman say is great fun. One Top Model (a runway one, not the stupid TV version) mentioned how she used to climb trees and "play with herself" when she was a kid. I was like, "really? that just doesn't sound right..." mutual laughter ensued.

Most women will overlook the high heels, feminine clothing. Once you stop thinking the heels are a big deal, they do too.

Thank you for the post and congratulations on your outings. When I'm asked by either male or female if I am gay because I am wearing women's high heels, I ask them how many gay men do they know that wear high heels in public? I tell them that I am not gay and I just enjoy wearing high heels. Whether they believe me or not is their decision. Thank you for all of your posts and please keep them coming.

One Top Model (a runway one, not the stupid TV version) mentioned how she used to climb trees and "play with herself" when she was a kid. I was like, "really? that just doesn't sound right..." mutual laughter ensued.

What's so strange about this, KH? After all, she probably was just looking for some fun between the limbs :chuckle::lmao::w00t2:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 3 months later...

She was putty in my hands. Tonight had drinks with a girl. Ran my usual set of routines on her, which always include a special "I can read parts of your mind" cold read. This is when I ask a girl to think of a really special memory, the best memory ever in her life. Then as I ask her to SINCERELY think of the memory and look at it in her minds eye, I go through the various bright/dim....close (i always touch their nose) or far away....life sized or small....when I accurately state how she viewed the memory, I then have her trust. Once I have her trust, I ask her what the memory was. At this point, I listen very closely for symbols and special words they emphasize. One girl said she felt very close to her dad when she looked down at their shoes and they were both wearing the same sneakers. That feeling of connection was rooted in the same sneakers. So when I was talking about making special things happen in your life, goals, designing your own authentic lifestyle, creating your authentic self free from the roles society imposes on us from youth, "it's like when you look down and you are both wearing the same sneakers" (and I subtly pointed at myself) "and you really feel special feelings for this person (I pointed at myself again, sublty)....you know that you can feel free to feel special feelings. BOOM, She was gone. All done while wearing 4.5 heels with skinny jeans. And then I go into my routine about kinesthetic differentiations. Then I become super flirty. Rubbing my fingers up and down their arms while I hold their hands...asking them questions like, "does motion help you discern subtle differences better?" "what about pressure?" "let's try surface area" "lets try a different part of your body...here! (your thigh looks like a fun spot to try)..." Think about this guys. You know how unique and irreplaceable you would be to a woman if you could be the first guy to get her to abandon her old stereotypical beliefs about masculine/feminine? Once you get a girl to re-think her entire worldview of masculine/feminine, you are then totally unique. The most unique guy she'll probably ever meet, since most other men are trying to be BETTER men than the rest. You would instead fit neatly into a space in her mind where no pre-existing category had already existed. And if you are first into that part of her mind, you will be safely tucked away from all other men for a long time. Imagine all the other parts of herself you could awaken in the process? She'll feel like she can do anything she wants with her life! I still haven't figured out how to get a woman to lust after me in stiletto pumps like guys lust after women in them, but if the tobacco industry can make smoking pleasurable, it's possible and once I figure it out, you will all be the first to know. Till next time!

She was putty in my hands....I still haven't figured out how to get a woman to lust after me in stiletto pumps like guys lust after women in them, but if the tobacco industry can make smoking pleasurable, it's possible and once I figure it out, you will all be the first to know.

Damn, man! You're slick. :blinkbigeyes:

There isn't a doubt in my mind that you will figure it out and find the answer. I must say that it sure sounds exciting and it's too bad I can't try your technique on anyone else but my wife.........:pulsingheart:

^ ha, you know what I do with the kinesthetic differentiation tests? I ask them to close their eyes and then I take two or three or four fingers. Sometimes I hold the fingers together, sometimes I spread them apart (surface area tests) and press them on the underside of her forearm. Then I ask her to guess how many fingers I'm using....It's fun and a great way to explore touching! Sometimes I move my fingers while together up and down their arm in a straight line, sometimes I move them in little circles with my fingers spread apart (motion test). Again, I ask "how many fingers?" while their eyes are closed. Sometimes I press the fingers really hard into their skin, sometimes really softly. (pressure test) Then you calibrate. If she's enjoying your touch, you can escalate the touch test to more intimate parts of her body. It's sooo much fun and every single girl I've ever done it to (there are many, trust me) absolutely LOVES it.