The Adventures of kneehighs...

kneehighs

Great evening indeed! You seem to be leading a great lifestyle.

She's a beautiful woman with bad taste in shoes lol!

Really, you don't like her shoes? I love them! Originally, she told me they had a bow on the vamp, which she removed, thereby creatively adding the stamp of her personality to them. She did ask about my shoe size and tried my heels on, but they were WAY too big for her.

I took it easy tonight and am home by an early 4 am. The sun is already coming up!

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

You inspire us all! I take my hat off to you and congratulate you on your recent outings. This should be words-of-the-wise to all who wear high heels in public or aspire to do so. Thank you for sharing your adventures with us.

I'm going green here with envey.... ( is there an E in that?? )

If there is anyone left out there with any doubt,? It's like the man says: "confidence!" Wear them with "confidence!" (Along with a little "good looks" ;))

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Suffice to say, walking through some of Stockholms top bars, like f12 and Spy Bar VIP, with 3 girls on your side, makes for quite an entrance.

With that attitude of "opening" and "closing" you're definately going to the right places.

Kneehighs, your Scandinavian exploits are quite epic and I commend you. Keep the inspiration coming - I am in awe and am learning so much.

Style is built from the ground up!

whatever, keep telling yourself that.. ;)

OK, I could tell myself that a 1,000 times and still have more fun than coping with your incessant pessimism. ;)

Are you still happy in Sweden? Any more excitement happening?

Nope, I was only at the Clarion Östermalm for six nights so I'm back to the corporate grind of NYC now. The last night I was there was pretty spectacular as well, I just didn't write about it.

I can't say enough good things about Stockholm though and will definitely be back. Considering all the major cities of the world I've visited on personal travel (not business), which isn't a lot (Buenos Aires, Paris, London, Dublin, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Mexico City, Miami, Geneva), Stockholm is far and away my favorite city in the world.

edit: I did perform just enough business to accrue a legit tax write off if needed.

Great to hear you liked Scandinavia. Before I moved to NY, I lived there for 11 years and I think I will move back some day. So I won't disagree with you on that one ;)

What's all the fuss about?

Great to hear you liked Scandinavia. Before I moved to NY, I lived there for 11 years and I think I will move back some day.

So I won't disagree with you on that one ;)

Well, I love Stockholm that's for sure. Could go on and on about why....

For starters, I found the people of Stockholm very generous with their money. You know that my first day in Stockholm I didn't know yet that my credit card wouldn't take on some networks. So after having already ordered a double espresso and having it made, the barista told me "I'll give it to you." The last day I was there, I was trying to spend all my coins. A similar thing happened in that I didn't have enough money to complete my transaction. The girl at the bar just gave me the drink. Then at my hotel, a local Swede overheard my conversation asking the hotel clerk to call a cab for me. He said ,"you are welcome to share a cab with me" When we got to our destination, he refused my money.

As well, I found the people of Stockholm generous with their time. In New York, regardless of how much someone likes you, they simply do not take the time to stop and have an unplanned cigarette break with you during the work day. People did that with me 3 times in Stockholm. So impressive.

Even better, I found their "honors system" there very trustworthy. So many bikes left unlocked, at first I thought I was hallucinating. Witnessing a man leave his duffle bag outside a cafe while he went inside and placed his order was heart warming. Then witnessing another man leave his bike unlocked outside of Urban Outfitters while he went inside shopping was amazing. And people don't lock their bikes with chain locks either, a mere cable that could be snipped with a pair of wire cutters was all that most people used (save for the locks that go between the spokes).

And the lack of economic class distinction was also refreshing. As you know, here in New York, everyone is a CEO, Harvard Law Grad, Director...it's a mecca of self promotion and the division between upper class and lower class is mesmerizing. It's all about status, money, wealth, ambition and VERTICAL organization of society from the top down.

In Stockholm, it was so HORIZONTALLY intergrated, that the division between the classes was negligible, save for the few rich that live in Ostermalm. Having been saturated in the New York City scene for the last eight years, this vacation from the intense, upwardly mobile competitive environment that is New York was invigorating and rewarding at the deepest levels for me.

Stockholm may have the most beautiful women in the world, but my reasons for loving the city go way beyond the beauty that fades with time.

It will be a regular stop on my travel rotation for many years to come.

Your words made me cry for joy. I guess someday I'll go to Sweden; I've heard that it's a land with no / hardly any sexism nor homophobia, and the climate seems cold enough for me to live in. The only thing that I'm awkward about is environment protection regulations.

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

@Elegant: How can that be a bad thing? @Kneehighs: about the classless societies of Northern Europe - this is because from the onset, the concept of equality gets hammered into them. Between man and woman, but also between young and old, between income classes, and among any other divisions. About the security: for people outside of the capitals, Stockholm, Helsinki, Oslo etc. are perceived pits of crime and loose ethics beyond hope. That said, parents including myself had no issues parking strollers with peacefully sleeping 3-month olds unsupervised in front of the store while shopping. About the women: maybe that is why I married one of them ;)

What's all the fuss about?

From what I've heard, they're very strict...

How would they concern you, as a visitor from Finland ?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

How would they concern you, as a visitor from Finland ?

They'd concern me if I were to work and live in Sweden for several months or years because I'm keen on building and servicing vacuum tube equipment, which eats up a lot of energy and is usually made with old technologies not complying with RoHS [e.g. lead in solder joints]. But hey, perhaps there's nothing to be afraid of? ;).

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Kneeheighs –

For you next career move consider the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce or their Visitors Bureau. ;) You paint a very attractive picture of the city and country. If I ever have the opportunity, I’d like to experience Stockholm first hand. Alas, that may be quite a while though.

Being a linguistic dummy, I have to ask, how prevalent is spoken English?

Elegant –

Wow, not only a classy dresser, but someone that knows what a 5U4 and a 12AX7 are. ;) I didn’t think there was anyone else that still knows what they are. (Answer: Vacuum Tubes) I think the new lead free solders will work for you.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Your words made me cry for joy. I guess someday I'll go to Sweden; I've heard that it's a land with no / hardly any sexism nor homophobia, and the climate seems cold enough for me to live in. The only thing that I'm awkward about is environment protection regulations.

From what I've heard, they're very strict...

I think it is time for me, as being a swede, to step in here and ask you why you believe they are very strict? Today most regulations are the same within the whole EEC. And hey, to protect the environment can never be bad, can it?

I have to say I am not that keen on Stockholm myself, maybe I am spoiled to have it so close to me. Apart from my two visits there last fall it was probably 20 yrs since my previous visit.

It is probably also true that we're brought up with equality as an important thing but it has also turned into the fact that no-one wants to "stick out". If you buy a new, top of the line, car, make sure it looks like the budget version of that model, otherwise the neighbours may start talking.....

Kneeheighs –

Very, and when you speak it, great things happen! Nothing beats being the traveler, the overseas vagabond who speaks fluent English, a language considered by many in Europe to be the most useful language to have mastery over. At least that's the attitude that I used to define my reality when I was there--it worked too.

Kneeheighs –

For you next career move consider the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce or their Visitors Bureau. ;) You paint a very attractive picture of the city and country. If I ever have the opportunity, I’d like to experience Stockholm first hand. Alas, that may be quite a while though.

Elegant –

Wow, not only a classy dresser, but someone that knows what a 5U4 and a 12AX7 are. ;) I didn’t think there was anyone else that still knows what they are. (Answer: Vacuum Tubes) I think the new lead free solders will work for you.

I think I still might have a couple 12AX7's in the attic if anyone needs one or two. (left overs from my father's ham radio days....)