The High Heeled Ruminations Of Melrose Plant

It's a state of mind, different than any other, and it not about hot feet.

@mlroseplant has a good point, knee highs might swallow his legs and I suspect that calf highs might be knee highs to him.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It has been mentioned several times that I do not provide enough photographic evidence of my fashion sensibilities, and I suppose there's a reason for that. I just don't feel it's very interesting. I

I know we're not supposed to talk about politics on this site, and I won't address things directly, but it's really part of the story, and it involves high heels. I maintain contact on a popular socia

Just for the heck of it, because what else am I going to do, I decided to put on the same outfit I wore to Costco the other day (minus the mask), only wear my new Pleaser pumps with it. Just to see wh

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Cali said:

It's a state of mind, different than any other, and it not about hot feet.

@mlroseplant has a good point, knee highs might swallow his legs and I suspect that calf highs might be knee highs to him.

Very funny. Better be careful. I will go find a 4 foot ladder and bite your ankles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is official. My not-quite-12-year-old-son now has bigger feet than me. Too bad for him. Or maybe not. I don't think he really likes high heels for their own sake, it's that he just doesn't care if other people see him in my shoes or his mom's shoes. That will no longer be happening in the future. He's already up to size 11 U.S. Women's, which as most of you are painfully aware, severely limits his choices in women's shoes, should he want to continue to wear them. Just in case you're wondering, he's never worn anything more than about a 2" wedge.

• Like 2

That's great news for you, no chance he can "borrow" your shoes now.

Edited by Cali
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, HappyinHeels said:

Mlroseplant, 

I wonder when your son’s height will catch yours. That’s when it’s so obvious just how fast our babies grew up🤔HinH

I know that he is much bigger in every way than I was at his age. I remember this because for some reason I remember what I put down on my first learning driver permit when I was 14. He is the same height at age not-quite-12 as I was when I was 14. The mystery is where did this height come from? There are no tall people on either side of the family. They don't exist.

In other news, my 81st pair of high heels came yesterday all the way from Russia. I took a big chance on them, but it appears the risk was worth it. I'll have to post them later in the "New Shoes" section, once I have had a chance to wear them a bit.

• Like 1