We All Suffer From Altocalciphilia

Heeleddude

I just found out that we suffer from a medical condition called altocalciphilia. Basically it means that we really really really want to wear high heels or think about them to much. 

I didn't even know I was suffering from a medical condition. Personally I wouldn't call it that, I'd call it having fun. I love to wear heels and love it even more to see beautiful women parading around in nice heels. No suffering for me.

Do you think you're suffering (even sometimes?) from your love for heels?

Check my site: www.incredibleheels.com

I'll bet there is a prescription drug for it too, designed to part yet another fool from his money.

Just another example of the total farce the medical industry has become. And they wonder why a growing number of people don't trust them.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Miss Amanda I stand up all day every day, because of my back problems. Sitting down is not an option even for a few minutes, well ten minutes at most. Flew to Spain a couple of weeks ago stood up all the way there and back, only sat down for a few minutes take off and landing. Must admit have never had any problems with my feet at all.

life is not a rehearsal

I don't mind having this 'ailment'... most of the time anyway.  Although, certain aspects of life would be easier without having it I suppose. 

Anyway, I think overall its a good thing to have a healthy feminine / softer side.  I would rather be the way I am than be some overly macho, overly aggressive, insensitive, womanizing, clueless a-hole.  So there is that at least  :) haha

We don't have it because we don't have a fetish for heels, they are just fun to wear and to look at. I wear 4"+ heels every day at least 5 hours. Its just comfortable. I can't physically walk in flats, they just hurt too much. If I have it, I don't want to be cured!

Anyway, I think overall its a good thing to have a healthy feminine / softer side.  I would rather be the way I am than be some overly macho, overly aggressive, insensitive, womanizing, clueless a-hole.  So there is that at least  :) haha

Bravo! Well said! I couldn't agree more!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

What if I don't want to be cured???

I do want to be cured -(1) Purchase a pair of the high heeled style that best suits your desire.

(2) Wear them as much as you can only limited by your own circumstances.

and finally (3) Enjoy each experience to its fullest capability.

Symptoms of wanting and paying too much attention to heels "cured" at each and everytime symptoms occur.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Anyway, I think overall its a good thing to have a healthy feminine / softer side.  I would rather be the way I am than be some overly macho, overly aggressive, insensitive, womanizing, clueless a-hole.  

The Boys and I will toast you with gin and tonics next time we visit the strip club . ;)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Well that term may have a place in a Psychology manual to describe something for someone else that may need to have term in order to describe

our interest and love heels and wearing them, however I do not feel I suffer from the said medical condition. I feel it brings a calmer

more pleasant person who is more fun and cheerful while I am wearing heels. Do I suffer from wearing heels for long hours? not any more than when

I do not wear them. And it brings much happiness and excitement to the wearer and for the person who observes the many lovely women and men

who do wear heeled shoes and boots.

So science has made business of describing and giving everything possible a descriptive term to place it.

I just feel I do not need to be described that way in order for me to be as I am, love what I like to wear.

However could you imagine if the fun it would be to put that term down on surveys and medical forms when asked if you suffer from anything!

Good thread heeleddude.

Of course, a -philia is really just a liking for something, not necessarily a condition.  For example, francophilia is a liking for all things French.  It comes from the Greek philos meaning 'loving'.  You can easily make up your own.  You just prefix it with (usually) the Greek word for what you like.  So someone with a strong interest in horses would be a hippophile.  I know of at least one algophile amongst us.

Oh I think about high heels all day  and I am wearing my Bakers Makala Gold gladiator sandals with O.P.I Germanicure nail-polish on my toe nails lovely combination! as I answer this post and am thinking high heels at this second ,  Also what I am going to make for Thanksgiving Dinner? next to turkey.  I admit there are times where I daydream about strappy sandals and heels and the nice feelings I get. It does help with daily stress at times :pulsingheart:   I check this sight 4 or more times a day. I own more than enough high heels than I should. Is it a disease to think about heels or shoes too much?   If it is  I hope they never find a cure and no! I will never against my will take any so-called medicine to cure it. It is a good post and good question.   I am glad to find this site a couple of years ago by a lucky accident checking out what I thought I would never get a chance to do. too wear Strappy sandals and High heels by my choice.   Hopefully I did not get off of the subject.    I feel at times I do think about heels too much  when  I have  priorities like making sure the bills are paid and  my families needs!   It  is not a disease but a desire  and choice and one day as said in other posts I have read it will be acceptable.   I plain like to wear Feminine type footwear and will never change that especially if they fit my 10 wide feet.   Happy Thanksgiving :cool1: