Who has bought some new BOOTS?

Got my Giaro boots today! They fit perfectly. At first, I thought the right boot was a little tighter, but it turned out I hadn't removed the shoe taco inside.

They're really good on me, and I'm glad I made the dive in the end :D

IMG_20201231_121519_230.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies for not following the conversation, but I just had to show off my latest boots. Lk Bennett black leather with a zip up the back 

Superhero boots!

OK, let me try to upload some pictures here, instead of to any of my "albums": In any event, I got these nine west boots at the local thrift store a few weeks back.  Size 12s, a little loose, but

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AlexC94 said:

Got my Giaro boots today! They fit perfectly. At first, I thought the right boot was a little tighter, but it turned out I hadn't removed the shoe taco inside.

They look fantastic tbh mate, would be great for a little Costa in boots session lol 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

The boots look fantastic, glad you made the dive to purchase them 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

10 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

It would be interesting to see how the total cost for a UK purchase will change from tomorrow after we have (finally) left the EU!   No Dutch VAT charged (so about 17.3% cheaper) but (in theory at least) 20% UK VAT added upon importation plus an iniquitous collection fee to remit the VAT.

24 minutes ago, Puffer said:

It would be interesting to see how the total cost for a UK purchase will change from tomorrow after we have (finally) left the EU!   No Dutch VAT charged (so about 17.3% cheaper) but (in theory at least) 20% UK VAT added upon importation plus an iniquitous collection fee to remit the VAT.

I bought them from Honour clothing. They cost me £80.

10 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

I bought them from Honour clothing. They cost me £80.

Noted - thanks.   I had assumed you bought from the Netherlands as this was the source named by others.   But (currently) cheaper from Honour, so well done!   

My question concerning extra costs on importation from the EU still stands.   If anyone gains experience of this post-Brexit, I'm sure such information would be helpful to others. 

On 12/31/2020 at 7:32 AM, AlexC94 said:

Those are great boots indeed, looking so powerful with your nice legs also...

• Thanks 1
On 12/31/2020 at 1:51 PM, maninboots said:

They look fantastic tbh mate, would be great for a little Costa in boots session lol 

I hope to wear these out once the virus fucks off.  I even promised my girlfriend I would.

2 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

I hope to wear these out once the virus fucks off.  I even promised my girlfriend I would.

I’ll bet that will be great fun, you’re so lucky having a girlfriend who supports you wearing heels in public, my wife is fine with me wearing heels but not with her and it would be a lot more fun if I had someone else to go out in my heels with.

you’ll have to post some pictures when you do get to go out in them, look forward to seeing them and have fun 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, maninboots said:

I’ll bet that will be great fun, you’re so lucky having a girlfriend who supports you wearing heels in public, my wife is fine with me wearing heels but not with her and it would be a lot more fun if I had someone else to go out in my heels with.

you’ll have to post some pictures when you do get to go out in them, look forward to seeing them and have fun 

In platforms like those, the support of a girlfriend might well be essential, physically as well as emotionally!   We look forward to hearing of  successful outings.

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

In platforms like those, the support of a girlfriend might well be essential, physically as well as emotionally!   We look forward to hearing of  successful outings.

Ha ha yes, i see where you’re coming from my friend 

I must admit, I'm very happy to see that this thread is still active after all this time. ☺️   I started this this thread back in 2010, and have enjoyed everyone sharing their new boots and experiences. Been away for awhile, but I'm ready to jump right back in. 😉

• Like 3
2 hours ago, miltboot said:

I must admit, I'm very happy to see that this thread is still active after all this time. ☺️   I started this this thread back in 2010, and have enjoyed everyone sharing their new boots and experiences. Been away for awhile, but I'm ready to jump right back in. 😉

I don’t remember the nickname “milt lot”.  Perhaps you were using another I nickname?  In any case, nice to have you back.  

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

30 minutes ago, Bubba136 said:

I don’t remember the nickname “milt lot”.  Perhaps you were using another I nickname?  In any case, nice to have you back.  

I think that Bugga163 needs some new specs as he seems to have misread miltboot's name.   🤯

Typo!  That’s okay though .  Just demonstrates how sensitive one can be to unintentional errors. ;-)

So, the question remains unanswered regardless of the unintentional mistake!

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

3 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Typo!  That’s okay though .  Just demonstrates how sensitive one can be to unintentional errors. ;-)

So, the question remains unanswered regardless of the unintentional mistake!

I've ALWAYS been Miltboot here. 

Finally had the time to edit some pictures so I could post some of my new additions!!!

New Giaro Knee High Boots

IMG_2717.JPG

IMG_2719.JPG

Giaro Ankle Boots

IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2712.JPG

• Like 6

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

19 hours ago, miltboot said:

I've ALWAYS been Miltboot here. 

Sorry, but I don’t remember you.  However, welcome back!

The boots look nice. Way too high of a heel for me to wear. I max out at 4". More power to you if you can wear those killer stiletto boots.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Thanks 1

Here's a picture of me in my sort of new Giaro boots. I think I'll just upload my new boots here since trying to do so through the gallery image section of this site is just plain annoying.

IMG_06012021_015325_(2250_x_3000_pixel).jpg

• Like 2
22 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

Here's a picture of me in my sort of new Giaro boots. I think I'll just upload my new boots here since trying to do so through the gallery image section of this site is just plain annoying.

IMG_06012021_015325_(2250_x_3000_pixel).jpg

They look fantastic, love them 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Cali said:

I have the shown my black Nine West Kimy boots, here are my "Wine"  colored Kimys.  I'm getting more diversified in the color of my heels. 

WineH.JPG

wine2H.jpg

I’m loving the wine coloured boots, probably more so than the black, would love to see more of them and maybe over some skinny jeans 

• Like 1
On 1/14/2021 at 3:26 PM, Cali said:

I have the shown my black Nine West Kimy boots, here are my "Wine"  colored Kimys.  I'm getting more diversified in the color of my heels.

I am also slowly buy surely becoming more diversified, color-wise. I rather like those boots in both colors, as they are slim and look halfway practical. The problem I have with most knee high boots is that they are too big around the ankle and the calf. Wearing jeans inside them ameliorates this problem, though it doesn't completely solve it. Even if the fit weren't a problem for me, I'm still not too sure about this shorts with boots business. However, we can rest easily knowing that our disagreement about this matter will not have far ranging impacts in the world.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

I am also slowly buy surely becoming more diversified, color-wise. I rather like those boots in both colors, as they are slim and look halfway practical. The problem I have with most knee high boots is that they are too big around the ankle and the calf. Wearing jeans inside them ameliorates this problem, though it doesn't completely solve it. Even if the fit weren't a problem for me, I'm still not too sure about this shorts with boots business. However, we can rest easily knowing that our disagreement about this matter will not have far ranging impacts in the world.

There are boot styles that use kind of stretchy suede and may be more of the fitted look you are looking for:

870EBAB2-52DF-475E-BB3A-33D497FAE641.thumb.jpeg.6b735d3a585bdf85a668fdb66bc63f9c.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

These ones are a slightly tight at the ankle, but they are leather so I believe they should stretch out after a few times wearing them. The heels are 4.33 inch (11 cm) with no platform. They have the one thing I need in boots, a full length zipper.

This photo version was for the shorts and boots crowd.  Would I wear this to work? Yes, on a raining summer day. No, on a hot dry summer day.

19 hours ago, maninboots said:

I’m loving the wine coloured boots, probably more so than the black, would love to see more of them and maybe over some skinny jeans 

I'll try to get this version done soon.  

These are size 11. I found I need size 11 in boots.

The black pair was from Macy's on a 40% sale, about $125 with tax (no shipping).

The next week Nine West had an one day 20% extra off a 50% sale, so the Wine pair was only $75 with tax (no shipping).

Edited by Cali