Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Recent Boot Purchases (well at least over the past few months):

Thrift Store Finds:

Nine West "Western" Style boots from Goodwill ($9):

post-3445-0-40767300-1391826616_thumb.jppost-3445-0-46063700-1391826700_thumb.jppost-3445-0-61732700-1391826783_thumb.jp

NYLA Volume Boots from Goodwill ($15):

post-3445-0-79803700-1391826852_thumb.jppost-3445-0-11723300-1391826993_thumb.jppost-3445-0-83778400-1391827061_thumb.jp

Predictions Boots from Goodwill ($3):

post-3445-0-61148300-1391827701_thumb.jppost-3445-0-41983700-1391827781_thumb.jppost-3445-0-45475500-1391827860_thumb.jp

New Boots:

Nine West Xandra Boots ($39) from NW Outlet:

post-3445-0-87926600-1391827132_thumb.jppost-3445-0-97063600-1391827198_thumb.jppost-3445-0-02094600-1391827262_thumb.jp

Mossimo Khalea Boots ($29) from Target [black]:

post-3445-0-78183000-1391827940_thumb.jppost-3445-0-63896800-1391828016_thumb.jppost-3445-0-19454100-1391828087_thumb.jp

Mossimo Khalea Boots ($29) from Target [brown]:

post-3445-0-41961300-1391828263_thumb.jppost-3445-0-37910300-1391828340_thumb.jppost-3445-0-00010300-1391828427_thumb.jp

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Hi HH23.

I like the black ones! They look really high, aren't they?

I like also the look it gives with the trouser in! Did you dare going out with them?

Bye.

Hi!!!  I've only worn the outrageous stuff during the night and yeah the purple boots are about 7.5 inches.  Thanks for the kind compliment again!!!!

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

Hi, I bought this pair of Combat boot from BCBGeneration, in US11M

They are a bit tight on the toes but are easy to walk in.

Another good buy.

Really like these; unfortunately I can't find them in a size larger than 10M.

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Interesting,

I just bought the same boot in a knee high version. Found them in a Nine West Outlet in Atlantic City, NJ.

Original list price was $399.00. Outlet price $59.99. 

Size 12 fits well, but the top part of the shaft is a bit tight. I am hoping a little stretching will do the trick.

Posted Imagenine-west-grey-leather-creepin-product-1-5012655-622551971_large_flex.jpeg

Hopefully the outlet store has those next time I get near it.

Hello

I bought my first pair of non blakc boots. I fancy for a long time a Tan colored pair, without finding the right one. I finally went for a pair of HK by Heidi Klum Suede leather boots, 70% off on EBay!!!

The are well made, conformtable and look really good.

Now the challenge is to wear them outside with the trouser in... as this color is much more noticeable the black...

Here are some pictures.

Comments and questions are welcome!

Matt

post-13927-0-02134900-1393348953_thumb.j

post-13927-0-54064600-1393348995_thumb.j

post-13927-0-55989600-1393349039_thumb.j

Matt;

GREAT looking boots, especially in tan.  Wear them with black leggings and a bulky sweater.  The contrast of the boots with the leggings will make them noticeable so crank up your confidence and go for it.  The only thing to avoid is water and salt.

I have been wearing a pair of tan leather knee high boots with 3 1/2" block heels and black leggings out and about daily for several days.  I love the look and have had absolutely no comments.

Go for it... Enjoy your boots.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Matt,

Those are nice looking boots! I have a pair of tan leather from Naturalizer that I like to wear out and yes I always wear my leggings or skinny jeans on the inside of my boots, so that all, can see my boots.

I hope you enjoy your new boots.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Well done, Matt! Well done! Those boots are seriously sharp! I'd certainly wear those with skinny jeans or a skirt in order to show them off. Hope you enjoy your purchase.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Those boots are a fantastic find Matt. The colour combination with black trousers is great, but if the contrast makes you feel more self-conscious than you're comfortable with, maybe you could try lighter colours like stonewashed blue skinny jeans, a white shirt and brown jacket (to match the brown of the heels of the boots), with a tan scarf, bag and/or hat if you like to accessorize. That's probably no less conscpicuous - people are going to notice those fabulous boots anyway - but the softer blend of colours may help you to feel more comfortable, I feel that a coordinated look overall helps people to get over the fact that you're wearing the "wrong" shoes because you're wearing the "right" shoes for the outfit. In that respect you could stick to the black trousers (with a black turtleneck top under a tan waterfall cardigan, for example) and achieve the same effect even with the contrast.

If you like it, wear it.

Those boots are a fantastic find Matt. The colour combination with black trousers is great, but if the contrast makes you feel more self-conscious than you're comfortable with, maybe you could try lighter colours like stonewashed blue skinny jeans, a white shirt and brown jacket (to match the brown of the heels of the boots), with a tan scarf, bag and/or hat if you like to accessorize. That's probably no less conscpicuous - people are going to notice those fabulous boots anyway - but the softer blend of colours may help you to feel more comfortable, I feel that a coordinated look overall helps people to get over the fact that you're wearing the "wrong" shoes because you're wearing the "right" shoes for the outfit. In that respect you could stick to the black trousers (with a black turtleneck top under a tan waterfall cardigan, for example) and achieve the same effect even with the contrast.

Thank you Sleekheels, you gave a great proposal, that I will look into. You made a very interesting point, and as I read in some of your previous posts, you are very good at matching clothes toegether to make a great look.

Matt

Thank you Sleekheels, you gave a great proposal, that I will look into. You made a very interesting point, and as I read in some of your previous posts, you are very good at matching clothes toegether to make a great look.

Matt

That's very kind of you to say Matt, thanks. The coordinated approach is what I feel most comfortable with, but I also admire others who go for a more bold style, as even if I think "I could never pull that off" it does inspire me to go a little out of my comfort zone sometimes. Even though I'm drawn towards quite conventional styles, it's great to see the diversity of others expressing their styles and personalities too.

Have you risen to your challenge of wearing those fabulous boots "outside with the trouser in" yet? I was really excited to wear my new tan knee boots (a good find late in the sales) for the first time last week, with dark blue skinny jeans (inside the boots) and a brown turtleneck jumper under a sand & brown quilted jacket. As I was browsing in a clothes store a young lady customer said "Wow, I love your boots! You wear them really well!" which really made my day as it's been weeks since anyone said anything to me, let alone with such enthusiasm. I told her it was lovely of her to say so and we wished each other a nice evening. I'm not sure any of this would've happened if I was wearing the same boots under my jeans.

post-12051-0-46030600-1393812792_thumb.j

If you like it, wear it.

Whoa, Nellie! Those are AWESOME looking boots, SleekHeels! I'm truly envious of you! And no, you would NOT have been so warmly complimented had you hidden those boots, no way at all! Bravo to you, my friend!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

That's very kind of you to say Matt, thanks. The coordinated approach is what I feel most comfortable with, but I also admire others who go for a more bold style, as even if I think "I could never pull that off" it does inspire me to go a little out of my comfort zone sometimes. Even though I'm drawn towards quite conventional styles, it's great to see the diversity of others expressing their styles and personalities too.

Have you risen to your challenge of wearing those fabulous boots "outside with the trouser in" yet? I was really excited to wear my new tan knee boots (a good find late in the sales) for the first time last week, with dark blue skinny jeans (inside the boots) and a brown turtleneck jumper under a sand & brown quilted jacket. As I was browsing in a clothes store a young lady customer said "Wow, I love your boots! You wear them really well!" which really made my day as it's been weeks since anyone said anything to me, let alone with such enthusiasm. I told her it was lovely of her to say so and we wished each other a nice evening. I'm not sure any of this would've happened if I was wearing the same boots under my jeans.

Posted ImageTanBoots.jpg

Your story is encouraging, I think I need it, thank you. For the moment I have not done it, no time and not ready I think... I am looking for some skinny blue jeans.

All the best and glad for you!

P.S, do you have some pictures of you outfit?

Matt

Made the mistake of stopping at a Nordstroms Rack, since I found these for 75% off ;) Diesel Hi Persis boots. Plenty of toe room for comfort, reasonably quiet, and comfortable considering their height. Might go with slim fit jeans and actually show these off in public.

post-289-0-67632500-1393877733_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

Thanks guys. No need to be envious Jeff, I'm sure you're way ahead of me on the "Whoa Nellie" count! :) I don't have any photos Matt, but I'll try and remember to take a snap next time I wear that combination.

Rockpup, those platform soles look quite snow/slush friendly - I think they'd look more out of place worn by a woman in summer than they would worn by a guy in winter, so go for it!

If you like it, wear it.

well, when I got my boots (showen in the avatar) I put on "ROCK N ROLL-PART 2" & started dancing, man did I look good in my new boots while dancing to THAT song, one my favorites from the early 70s! :rocker:

In the US it is clearance season for boots. I came across the following boots from UGG and couldn't resist. I know UGG, how could I but these are different. They have a 4 and 1/2 inch heel with a 1 inch platform, shearling lining which would have been great for this winter and the best arch support system I've ever had in high heels. So good that they have better support than many of my sneakers. UGG, who would have thought!

post-1458-0-99315800-1394021061_thumb.jp

UGG has branched out into more conventional footwear in the past few years, quite a departure from the UGGly original style it began with. Bluejay has a half dozen platform wedge sandals in various colors all made by UGG. Whodathunk?

Steve