Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Just bought these of Ebay.  Well pleased with the fit and do seem to be very comfortable to wear as well. Got them at a good price Size 9 from next.

Very nice. Very nice indeed.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Boots came today, not a bad fit, quite comfy, about a 4.5" wedge with 1" platform. Took 'em for a roadtest in some very public places. Possibly the most discrete 'heels' I've owned. I can see these being worn a lot! I'll post a pic at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped in a thrift store and found these 9 West booties in a 11M for $7. 

post-530-0-32085800-1397070239_thumb.jpg

There a little tight but there leather and will soon match my feet.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

It has been awhile since I have posted anything new. Recently I ordered a pair of Nanette Boots from ShoesUSA and finally got them today.

They are soft black calf leather, knee high with 5.5" heel and 1' platform. They are nice, just luv them and they fit to a "T".

The heel is thicker which I quite like (read stable). ShoesUSA do an excellent job and make large sizes and custom fittings, even for big feet like size 12, they do cost but certainly worth the price. I might add that they have changed the website recently, took out many styles which prompted me to order these before I could not  get them anymore.

My new favorite boots for sure!

post-2360-0-10508200-1397182806_thumb.jp

Those boots are GREAT, wish I had a pair...

Such a great look, perfect jeans/boots combination

Mike, you look so great working on that car in jeans and boots...Masculine and powerful...Don

Super powerful boots, amazing!

Boy o boy!  Boots of my dreams!

Jim-

those boots and jeans combination are amazing...

Amazing purchase!

So beautiful!

I bought this pair of Doc Martens to replace a pair of Red Wings that had become too worn out on the inside for my job as an industrial electrician. I've become somewhat disillusioned with Red Wing lately, because they have eliminated my size (8B) in all but a couple of styles. Besides, I wanted to push the envelope a little bit, and go for something with a bit of a heel, being as I spend so much time at work these days (60 hours a week, perhaps soon to be 70, blah). The model is called Clemency, and they are UK size 7, which turned out to be perfect for me. They are quite a bit shinier than the picture on Amazon's website showed, but other than everybody wanting to step on them (quite normal, sophomoric behavior in my trade toward ANYBODY with new boots), I've gotten nothing but positive comments and inquiries. Of course, I haven't mentioned the fact that they are women's boots, but nobody has asked. They have been the easiest boots to wear as far as break-in goes, that I've worn in my 18 years in the trade. The leather was ridiculously stiff at first, but there have been no blisters or hot spots. The only complaint I have is that the soles feel pretty mushy compared to normal construction boots, and using a hand conduit bender and climbing around on equipment feels a little strange. I like the fact that I can hook the heel on things and know that my foot is not going to slip. I've been wearing them for about 3 weeks now. Only time will tell how durable they turn out to be. Unfortunately, the heel is not high enough, at 2 1/4", to give me much of a high heeled thrill, but hey, it's work, after all. They are barely higher than the logging boots a lot of guys seem to favor. No one has mentioned anything about the heel height. They are just "different" enough to suit me.post-19325-0-06096300-1397531112_thumb.j

post-19325-0-29789100-1397531194_thumb.j

Just bought these from an lk bennett outlet, what do people reckon?

I reckon those boots look great!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Just bought these from an lk bennett outlet, what do people reckon?

Nice looking pair of boots.  LK Bennett has many styles that I like - but the prices don't like me!

I bought this pair of Doc Martens to replace a pair of Red Wings that had become too worn out on the inside for my job as an industrial electrician. I've become somewhat disillusioned with Red Wing lately, because they have eliminated my size (8B) in all but a couple of styles. Besides, I wanted to push the envelope a little bit, and go for something with a bit of a heel, being as I spend so much time at work these days (60 hours a week, perhaps soon to be 70, blah).

I qiut buying my work boots in the mens aisle a few years ago. Most shops don't carry mens size 8, but I can usually find the same boot in a womens size 10. What I find hillarious is that they are usually advertised as having extra padding, and cost $20.00 or more below the mens boots

Just got these for $19 on ebay.  They're Steve Madden so they should fit ok, I have several pair of that brand.  They are actually leather, not PU.  post-18745-0-54782200-1397797514_thumb.j  Seller says heel is 5.5", if that's true they will be the highest ones yet for me. 

But, the platform looks to be about 1.5". Which works out to be a 4" rise. Or, the same as it would be on shoes with a 4" heel without any platform.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.