Age you WISH you started wearing tall heels?

highheeltrained

Age you Wish you had started wearing heels?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Age you Wish you had started wearing heels?

• younger then 12
    • Older then 19

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted 18 because that is the age of majority when you can start making your own decisions legally. Before 18, I really would never had any place to wear them. Even then I didn't start wearing heels out until I was nearly 30.

Style is built from the ground up!

I was prancing around the house in my mom's 3" courts when I was 4. As I grew, so did the heel height along with my age. All I wished I could do was follow the trends of girls to women's shoes as I aged and be able to wear them on an every day basis without being ridiculed. Oh well, better late than never.:winkiss:

real men wear heels

I voted older than 19, as I didnt streetheel until my 30's. I'm pretty happy with the way this part of my life has worked out, I wouldn't change a thing. I will say that if society had been completely different and this activity was fully acceptable to do without any risk or concern, then ok, I would change my answer and would have been doing this much earlier.

I bought my first pair of 4" high heels when I was 12. My sister got her first pair when she was 12 and I thought that although I wore her heels when ever I the chance, the least I could do is have my own pair to wear.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I tried my aunties on at the age of 11 but i was 21 before I bought my own pair, I am now 37 and they feel normal to me, I wish I couold have started earlier and I knew I always had the desire. Where I lived back in the early 80's I could always hear the ladies walking up and down our street in heels and I always got up to look... Andi

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

A voted 15 because it was the age I started looking for women's foot, boots and high heels, always wondering how would they feel on my feet and praying to have an opportunity to try them. My first real heels were bought when I was 22, I think.

Flavio - Brazilian heel lover, now in France.

As a young child and teenager, I would see women's and girl's footwear and wished that I had the same opportunity to freely wear the same styles. Like some of the others have posted, I would have been fine if I could have grown up like the girls wearing the appropriate height of heels with the progression of my maturity. Some how at the age of 15, I got the money together to buy my first pair of 4" high stiletto white patent heeled pumps. Of course, I told the clerk they were a gift. I had to sneak them in through my bedroom window. However, I had been sneaking or temporarily borrowing, in secret, assorted flats and heels where-ever and whenever the opportunities were presented on prior ocassions in years passed. My sister's shoes were the easiest to access much of the time for an evening or bedtime stroll. In the morning though, when she would discover her shoes missing, her open display of anger would find them upon my feet before I could even wake up. Neither the imposed house rules, nor how well she hid them, could take away my desire to wear and have my own pair of heels. Now, at 15, I had my very own. For a while, I was able to keep them hid, but eventually, they were discovered and I was forced to give them to this same sister, who had been the victim of my prior ventures. Since we never really communicated, I don't know how she felt about her newly acquired footwear or the times I would borrowed them later, but they were soon destroyed from her use of them. Later, I secretly purchased another pair of black patent stilettoes and they met the same fate, so I decided to wait until I was on my own. Needless to say, the relationship between my sister and I never really had a chance to develop, because she always saw me as the maniac brother who had to wear "feminine" shoes. Come to think of it, the rest of my brothers and sisters never had a discussion with me, either. My parents were clueless as to any meaningful solutions, because of the social attitude that boys aren't suspose to want to wear girl's shoes and they had the attitude that this was just a phase of life I would eventually grow out of. So they kind of ignored it, even though they had to show some disciplinary measures at the time of each incident. They never really approached me to try to understand anything more and I didn't know how I could impress upon them any greater, the importance this desire was for me to complete my identity of the real me. So these matters were left alone and I had to forge my way in secret thinking I was the only boy to have this desire. A few years later, I heard about some lifestyles that seem to coincide with some of my feelings to wear high heels. Finally, I wasn't the only individual of this world to have these desires. From this point on, I knew most of the world really had no clue or wanted to deny that men and women were more alike than the propagandize differences constantly promoted. I never doubted that wearing heels was within my right to choose and forbiding men to wear heels was merely this era's imposition. If the many men and women, who have this desire would open up and at least, confirm and express the wearing of high heels is a right of personal choice, this present taboo could be considered another historical issue that needed correction toward the liberation of all, like the matters of civil rights and women's suffrage.

I have to correct my age of starting to wear heels. Eariler this week I was at my parnets house and found an old tack trunk from my middle school days (late 70's) and found an old pair of cowboy boots of mine with a 3" heel and a very tall shaft. So I guess I started wearing heels around 12 to 13 years old. I wish I could find another pair like them to add to my collection.

i started wearing my moms boots at about age 10,but they only had 2 and 1/2 inch heels on them,at least no more than 3 inches. didnt get much over that until i was 30 or so when i started to collect boots seriously. i guess you start when you are ready...cant go back in time,etc.

I got my first platforms (brown) with 6" heel when I was about 17, a lower pair (off white) 4" shortly after, This was 1977 when male platforms were in fashion. I wore the latter pair to my dads 2nd wedding. (Must find the photo) Both only had a lift of about 2 to 2 1/2 inches and I still have the browns! don't fit now:penitent: so if fashion wasn't the "come and go" any time from 17 would have been good but as my lady asked "if it is accepted as a norm and not "different"? Would there be the same following?" I think it would be hard to answer that, just too many unknowns. inccidentily (must get spell checker?) Was HHPlace created by the girls or guys, the home page "about us" only states it has been running since 2001? Haven't voted because I WAS even if conforming within fashion not just wishing it could continue

Girls came of age when they were 17 or 18 and they got their first pair of heels for the Senior Prom in High School. It would have been nice if the boys could have had that same rite of passage then. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I picked 14.... the reason being is that the first time I wore a pair of high heels I was 16 and thoguth I wish I would have done it and got used to them when I first got into 9th grade when I was 14...

Does anyone ever Email anymore? Send me one! I like to chat!

Could've been <12 for me should Mom have been into whatever Shaft Height and/or whatever Heel Height DRESS and/or CASUAL Boots. All that were around house were the old Rubber Over-The-Shoe style with Inner Zips, but somehow still kinda fun wearing barefooted when alone as guessing you know what happened with sound and motion of Zipper going up to their Calf height. 8-}

Boots Rock!!!!

Here in Australia we had to wear a school uniform, including black leather lace-up shoes ( I know not all countries insist on a uniform). When I was young, I had trouble with shoe laces. They were always coming undone, and I was embarrassed about asking teachers to tie them for me. My parents found me a pair of school shoes that had a sort of clasp or buckle instead of laces. I was so happy. They were a girls shoe, but I didn't really understand that at the time. Being made for girls, they were 'thinner' rather than wide, which was a better fit for me. They also had a very small block heel, which was the most uplifting feeling. They also had a squared-off toe box rather than a rounded one that most boy's shoes had. I felt taller and more confidant - and no laces to worry me! Some of the other kids said my shoes looked 'funny', but that was all. Then a terrible day came. A pretty young girl joined my class and she had the same pair of shoes. She was so upset that 'I' was wearing 'her' shoes, that she made it well known to all the class that I was wearing 'girl' shoes. It was a horrible experience. Children can be so cruel. I only lasted the torment a week, then I was back to the same bland boring lace-up shoes that everyone else had. I didn't go near a pair of heels for the next 10 years... the scars were deep..... I hoped the memory of the feeling of enjoying heels would go away. I gave up fighting the urge at 17 when I got my first pay-check and bought a pair of 6 inch thigh-high boots mail order from a fetish store. Talk about pent up desire - I went overboard on heel height... but it was good training. I still have those boots today - they were made by the well known 'little shoe box' Ben

i voted younger than 12 cause i started wearing a pair of my neighbors boots and some of her heels back then and i even wore them out when i was alone and loved the feelings then i would sneak in my moms heels or aunts back then and wear them when alone which was a turn on . i loved seeing girls wearing heels and women wearing sexy heels and would dream about wearing out like they did. i didnt start really wearing heels out in public til just here recently and im hooked now and will never go back to men shoes. now i love going shopping for heels and boots .

As sort of an extension to this question, I'd be curious to see if there's any correlation with: - how well do you think you walk in heels - how much you enjoy heels - what's your typical heel height (low or high) compared with when wearers started. For example, for those that started at 12, maybe those extra years made you a better walker in them, that you enjoy heels more, and you are still in them now. On the other hand, a 3" at age 12 10-20 years ago maybe didn't do much for a person - they just found them uncomfortable and gave them up, whereas someone who started later, and had social places to wear them to, might love them.

For me, the first shoes i dreamed of wearing were not high heels, just a shiny black patent finish. I think I was about 8 at the time. A few years later, I started to see high heels as the main attraction, especially the black patent ones. My current collection in mostly, you guessed it, black patent heels.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

I was thirteen when I first tried on a pair of my mother's pumps out of curiosity to find out how women could walk in high heels, so I'm satisfied with the age I began my passion with women's shoes.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

To all, I started when I was 12 and never looked back. My mom always wore 4-5 inch spike heels and I started to wear them 1st. Then my sister, who was 5 yrs older than me had a nice collection of heels. As my feet grew - I wore her heels. Then I out grew hers and started buying my own heels. I now have over 300 pairs of all styles and wear them at home with the wife also when I drive. I always have heels with me when I travel. Bernheels

I started wearing high heels in my last year of Secondary (High) School...so I was just 15/16 years old. I really don't think I wanted to wear them any earlier to be honest.

These days, girls start as young as 11 or 12, which in my opinion is far too young.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"