Who has bought some new shoes

gj

Picked these up today. Thought with srping coming, a pair of sandals would be nice. Best part is that they were only $15.90 at Nortstrom Rack. Heel is a full 4". While I did try them on, I didn't have them on but for a second or two. Once home and walking around in them, I find that they are difficult to walk in, and put a great deal of pressure on the balls of my feet. There is a general lack of support with the quite bare sandal style. I have a great deal of admiration for those women that can walk around in a shoe like this and still look graceful (and without a grimace on their face...lol). I can recall seeing a woman walking through the local sporting goods store last fall in a very similar, if not the same pair, and she looked just as natural as could be. I bet I couldn't walk 100 yards in these without some nasty pain! They are sexy though, darn it!

post-99-133522974764_thumb.jpg

post-99-133522974795_thumb.jpg

post-99-133522974807_thumb.jpg

RonC: Big time kudos to you for wearing those sandals. I agree with you that I couldn't wear shoes like those for the same reasons you stated, but I guess that the longer you wear them, the more acclimated you'll become.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

i picked these up a couple of weeks ago from Shoe Show. they have a pretty good selection of shoes in larger sizes. The wedges have a 5 inch heel and the others have a 5.5in heel with a platform. the wedges are super easy to walk in but the gold ones... thats a diffrent story LOL

The grey wedges are very nice. I would wear them with a dark blue skinny jean.

What about the gold ones ? I bet they are too narrow at the toe box...

The grey wedges are very nice. I would wear them with a dark blue skinny jean.

What about the gold ones ? I bet they are too narrow at the toe box...

They are. they pinch across the top and it squeezes my toes out

They are. they pinch across the top and it squeezes my toes out

Quite unfortunate isnt-it ?

It is very hard to find nice shoes which are wide enough in the toe box.

I found a pair of classic pumps last week. I guess you saw my post ?

If not then read my post here.

Got my Pleaser Domina 101's in the mail today! They are super cool to wear and not that difficult to walk in. For size 9 (U.S.) the heel is right about 5.75". Wife says open-toe/peep-toe heels look really good on me.

Good evening to all! I received this pair a couple of days ago and absolutely love them, a beautifully cut slingback from Guess of the Devine style. Towering thin stiletto with a great almond shaped toe box all in a rich black patent leather. Very comfortable and sexy. Comments always appreciated and thanks for allowing me to share!

post-30196-133522974825_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522974844_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522974859_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522974875_thumb.jpg

post-30196-133522974888_thumb.jpg

Impressive, fumikaheels! Most impressive! Those are certainly VERY stylish shoes! Bravo to you, my friend!

Good evening to all! I received this pair a couple of days ago and absolutely love them, a beautifully cut slingback from Guess of the Devine style. Towering thin stiletto with a great almond shaped toe box all in a rich black patent leather. Very comfortable and sexy. Comments always appreciated and thanks for allowing me to share!

I love those!

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Picked these up today. Thought with srping coming, a pair of sandals would be nice. Best part is that they were only $15.90 at Nortstrom Rack. Heel is a full 4". While I did try them on, I didn't have them on but for a second or two. Once home and walking around in them, I find that they are difficult to walk in, and put a great deal of pressure on the balls of my feet. There is a general lack of support with the quite bare sandal style. I have a great deal of admiration for those women that can walk around in a shoe like this and still look graceful (and without a grimace on their face...lol). I can recall seeing a woman walking through the local sporting goods store last fall in a very similar, if not the same pair, and she looked just as natural as could be. I bet I couldn't walk 100 yards in these without some nasty pain! They are sexy though, darn it!

Nice unfussy sandals, Ron, and it is a shame that they are not comfortable. If they were comfortable, would you wear them out in public?

They do look rather narrow (which probably causes the front strap to cut into your feet somewhat) but also a size too large for length - I guess you can't win with this style!

I just received a pair of black 8" spike heel sandals xtreme 875 with a cute buckle around the ankle. I love the look of the sandals. I have been wearing them the last couple of days and love them. My girlfriend had an amazing look on her face when she saw them. Her response, "I want a pair". I would like to find them in red as well. The search is on

Nice unfussy sandals, Ron, and it is a shame that they are not comfortable. If they were comfortable, would you wear them out in public?

They do look rather narrow (which probably causes the front strap to cut into your feet somewhat) but also a size too large for length - I guess you can't win with this style!

Sorry it took so long to respond. Been kinda' busy. Actually, it is not the width that makes them uncomfortable, but rather the way my foot sits in the shoe. As was mentioned in another post, quite often it seems that the only part of the foot that touches in an awful lot of high heels is the heel and the ball of the foot, with no support for the arch at all. Those sandals are exactly like that, and when I walk in them, all of the pressure tends to focus on the ball of the foot. It doesn't take long for that to become uncomfortable. Maybe some insoles for open shoes would help, but my guess is I won't have them long enough to find out, as teh price was low enough that I don't mind passing them on for someone else to be uncomfortable in...lol.

To answer your other question, I doubt that I would wear a shoe of that type in public. While I very much enjoy the look of the shoe, I think something that feminine on an "a bit too large and old" guy wouldn't be a good look. I'd just enjoy them at home.

A google search reveals they are available in red. See for example http://www.domshoes.com/product_info.php?products_id=2225

Good hunting, and don't fall sideways in these or you won't have an ankle left!

Yup, did about 2 weeks ago in a pair of 8's. Ripped the ankle strap clear down to the sole. The new pair has a strap higher on the ankle for a bit more stability thank god.

My latest purchase....

rx

Great looking wedges! They look very comfortable and should be easy to wear for hours on end. As far as I can see the only drawback is the color. Yellow is, perhaps, the most attention getting, eye catching color that any pair of shoes can be. But if you like them, that's what counts.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I just got these from Lands End Canvas. They are similar to a pair of pumps that I got from them in November. I've been waiting for them to go on sale, so when they did I jumped at the opportunity .

post-1094-133522975219_thumb.jpg

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Bought some black patent leather go go boots for my wife. In this case, third time was a charm. The first two pairs were too tight through the calf. Finally ended up getting some Funtasma wide calf in a size up from what she normally wears. They fit skin tight. I wish that I had a pair for myself, but in my case it is the boots or the marriage. And after almost 28 years, while boots are extremely important, they are just not worth the marriage.

Went to the sunday morning market to search for cheap pantyhose and leggings and these got my attention. Not of the greatest quality but I loved the colour though. Stef

post-829-133522975224_thumb.jpg

post-829-133522975233_thumb.jpg

post-829-13352297524_thumb.jpg

Went to the sunday morning market to search for cheap pantyhose and leggings and these got my attention. Not of the greatest quality but I loved the colour though.

Stef

I like those, and especially the color and stacked heel.

I just got these from Lands End Canvas. They are similar to a pair of pumps that I got from them in November. I've been waiting for them to go on sale, so when they did I jumped at the opportunity .

My wife purchased a pair exactly like these for me last fall and I've almost worn them out. I wear them everywhere and almost no one has noticed. A friend of mine labeled them as being very conservative woman's shoes compared to those I've worn in the past. But, I'm for comfort rather than heel height when attending to normal day to day affairs.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Went to the sunday morning market to search for cheap pantyhose and leggings and these got my attention. Not of the greatest quality but I loved the colour though.

Stef

Pretty nice I must say. Love the color.

Stef

Your wine shoes look stunning, you must feel great wearing them.

Those pumps look great. That color will be great looking with the spring colors of clothing that are beginning to show in the stores. Your legs look great in those heels and your hose. Happy Heeling, bluejay